Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Reaction to Torres on Sunday

Read 29544 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reaction to Torres on Sunday
      Feb 02, 2011 01:11:39 pm
      Reading a lot of posts filled with hate and anger, understandable, towards Torres. Some over the top stuff like burning shirts with his name on it! Its a Liverpool jersey being burned fook sake sod the name on the back of it..

Anyway it has me thinking about the game Sunday. How will our travelling army respond to him.

What Id love is...nothing. Dont sing any anti Torrres songs dont boo. Like he didnt excist. Completely blank him.  The only thing I might like to see is when the teams are caled out when "9 Torres" come out on the tannoy let a load of monoply money loose.

Or if we wanted him to feel really like a cun* give a sarcastic clap of the hands when he gets called out. Then do the bounce to Suarez name!!   
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Re: Reaction to Torres on Sunday
      Reply #1: Feb 02, 2011 01:13:58 pm
      He will get booed there's no doubt about it, although I like your idea.

He's going to come fact to face with us when he shoots towards us, so it'll be interesting.
      Jase31
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #2: Feb 02, 2011 01:15:40 pm
      Reading a lot of posts filled with hate and anger, understandable, towards Torres. Some over the top stuff like burning shirts with his name on it! Its a Liverpool jersey being burned fook sake sod the name on the back of it..

Anyway it has me thinking about the game Sunday. How will our travelling army respond to him.

What Id love is...nothing. Dont sing any anti Torrres songs dont boo. Like he didnt excist. Completely blank him.  The only thing I might like to see is when the teams are caled out when "9 Torres" come out on the tannoy let a load of monoply money loose.

Or if we wanted him to feel really like a cun* give a sarcastic clap of the hands when he gets called out. Then do the bounce to Suarez name!!   
      Oh man that would be just brilliant! ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Feb 02, 2011 01:18:58 pm
      Oh man that would be just brilliant! ;D

Well we have 4 days to make it work. Get it on the other forums, tell any reds we know who might be going the game.
      sergio tachini
      • Banned

• 156 posts |
      Reply #4: Feb 02, 2011 01:19:32 pm
      I think there will be some booing,
      some good ideas.

maybe we should refer to history again, and that torres did not contribute to ours at all so he is a good fit in to their setup.....
      ha somebody needs to think of a chant with this in.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #5: Feb 02, 2011 01:20:10 pm
      This is a boody long nightmare I'm having this week, let's not forget Kenny's word "noone is bigger than this club" let's just hope we can leave there with our heads held high.

How wierd is that gonna be though? Liverpool v Chavski, Torres in blue, Kenny our manager and none of it will get reviewed by Keys and Gray! who'd of thought it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #6: Feb 02, 2011 01:20:34 pm
      Players leave us all the time.but when we go out on a limb to support a player who has been sh*t for 12 months, a player who waxes lyrical about the fans and the club but then moves to step up his career he is going to get lots and lots of abuse......and thats only from Jamie.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7: Feb 02, 2011 01:43:42 pm
      I think totally blanking him is the best message to send.

TBH though do you think he gives a s**t cos I don't.

I do think that their fans will try to get a reaction from us though so if you're going do your best to ignore them.  After all who are Chavski??

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #8: Feb 02, 2011 01:45:20 pm
      I think totally blanking him is the best message to send.

Until a week ago I would have said yes he does but now I know he is where he deserves to be.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Feb 02, 2011 01:47:29 pm
      I don't think they will play him.
      cozza_man_yeah
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      • Ní bheidh tú ag siúl in aonar.
      Reply #10: Feb 02, 2011 01:48:35 pm
      collect up all our torres 9 jerseys, give them to those going to the bridge on sunday, and when ''he'' ( i refuse to use ''his'' name ) passes the away end, F**k em out at him. Or even leave them in a pile on front of the advertising hoardings.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11: Feb 02, 2011 01:50:12 pm

I do Daz.  I also know that if he scores he will celebrate it - he doesn't have the class to think about us.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #12: Feb 02, 2011 01:50:13 pm
      Let's keep our dignity and chant Suarez!
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #13: Feb 02, 2011 01:51:08 pm
      Torres has hurt a lot of people, but he no longer plays for LFC, he is behind us now (and I am glad to be rid of him if that is who he really is).  Silence, ambivalence, no response at all is exactly the correct response.  The club is bigger than him and we will only prove that by ignoring his presence.  Flags or chants of any kind towards him will only make it look like we've not moved on.  Booing Torres will only fuel the chavs jeering at us, if they know we are not wound up about it, they will do back to just sitting grumpily in their seats and half-heartedly waving their plazzy flags.

So I agree wholeheartedly with the OP.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #14: Feb 02, 2011 01:51:54 pm

This

I do blood, he will have something to prove to them that he is committed.

collect up all our torres 9 jerseys, leave them in a pile on front of the advertising hoardings.

I love this idea....
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #15: Feb 02, 2011 01:54:12 pm
      Agree that would be the best approach to it, but honestly, I hope he gets f**king slaughtered by our away fans, every time he touches the ball.
      « Last Edit: Feb 02, 2011 02:07:04 pm by Dannylfc »
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #16: Feb 02, 2011 01:58:16 pm
      I'd love for them to pump it long from the kick off, Torres runs down towards the corner where our fans are, collects the ball then.... WHAM! Carra lays him out for the stretcher lads ;) Problem solved?

I think to ignoring him is the best, wouldn't waste any energy showing him any emotion because he hasn't shown us any.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17: Feb 02, 2011 02:01:24 pm
      I'd love for them to pump it long from the kick off, Torres runs down towards the corner where our fans are, collects the ball then.... WHAM! Carra lays him out for the stretcher lads ;) Problem solved?

I think to ignoring him is the best, wouldn't waste any energy showing him any emotion because he hasn't shown us any.

Exactly my thinking too mate.
      Carroll9
      • Banned

• 324 posts |
      Reply #18: Feb 02, 2011 02:06:12 pm
      He will get slaughtered, no question about it.

Personally, I could accept he wanted to leave but its the manner in which he did it, its what hes said after his move, its the fact he wanted to play for chelsea, one of our main rivals.

It turns me on over the possibility Stevie might end up in a 50-50 tackle with him, or better still, the greek!!
      redjames83
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #19: Feb 02, 2011 02:24:29 pm
      He will get slaughtered, no question about it.

Personally, I could accept he wanted to leave but its the manner in which he did it, its what hes said after his move, its the fact he wanted to play for chelsea, one of our main rivals.

It turns me on over the possibility Stevie might end up in a 50-50 tackle with him, or better still, the greek!!

Agree with all that you say. It would be good if he just got the silent treatment but it won't happen, plus I don't think he will care. His behaviour in the build-up to the move and his comments after astound me. I hope he doesn't rub it in if he scores on Sunday.
      We can only hope the players take revenge on him for us, I hope Stevie G gives him a few early crunching tackles to make me feel better!
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #20: Feb 02, 2011 02:28:10 pm
      But another question is:

Are chavski worried for his safety...i mean we aint gonna shoot him but i can imagine he is gonna get some pretty harsh tackles in on him and i wonder if they will bench him just to protect him, after all is it worth getting him injured :)

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #21: Feb 02, 2011 02:33:27 pm
      Reaction to Torres on Sunday?. ...

MEH
      LFCexiled
      Reply #22: Feb 02, 2011 02:41:10 pm
      The monopoly money seems to have a nice touch of sarcasm about it so I'm into that idea. I don't want Carra to crunch him as I'd rather we got 3 points than go a man down. Boring I know but I still think 4th's possible.

If he makes it back to Anfield to play next season the one thing I'd like to happen is when the teams come out or when he first heads towards the Kop for every single Red in there to turn their back on him.

Quick Reply