Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Reaction to Torres on Sunday

Read 29542 times
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Re: Reaction to Torres on Sunday
      Reply #23: Feb 02, 2011 02:52:17 pm
      F**k him and F**k Chavski, give him the full treatment, if any one does he does. Some good ideas on here, but honestly , just do it the normal way. Then drown the Chavs out with our players names and songs. Its got to be really impressive this as every fuckers watching our response to this. Volume to the max, win,lose or draw.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #24: Feb 02, 2011 02:57:17 pm
      We can only hope the players take revenge on him for us, I hope Stevie G gives him a few early crunching tackles to make me feel better!

Losing a player like Stevie for 3+ matches is worse than losing an away game at Chelsea. And if Stevie is sent out we can lose him + the match (while Chelsea don't need Torres to win 11v10).

I hope our players will stay calm, while Torres, annihilated by the pressure, now having to compete with "the best striker in the world" (;D) for a place will just have an awful match and end with two yellows arguing with referees, like he always do when he is bad.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #25: Feb 02, 2011 02:59:48 pm
      I've seen so many people on here suggesting that it would be good if our players went out there and crocked Torres. At first I just put it down to knee-jerking but I'm getting a bit sick of it now.
      There have been a lot of players from other clubs that I've hated over the years but I have NEVER wished for our lads to go out there and intentially injure them!

I like the monopoly money idea, though.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #26: Feb 02, 2011 03:04:07 pm
      I like the idea of ignoring him but I find it just impossible. I for one become a totally different person when I'm in the stands, I know I would not be able to hold my anger to myself when I see him in a Chelsea shirt against LFC, and would certainly shout all kinds of abuse I could think of.

The monopoly money is a funny idea though, it would be nice if it happened! Pass it forward, I say :D
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #27: Feb 02, 2011 03:09:14 pm
      dont even let onto the sh*te, just continuously bounce to Suarez, give chavski a history lesson, and lash a load of monopoly money at them when they are near us.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #28: Feb 02, 2011 03:13:37 pm
      I like the idea of not doing anything. Don't give him the satisfaction of saying anything. I also like the idea of throwing monolopy money.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #29: Feb 02, 2011 03:16:10 pm
      I would like us not to sing bad songs or even boo him.

Let's just show he isn't anything to use anymore and that we have moved on. Show him he is nothing to us now.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #30: Feb 02, 2011 03:18:01 pm
      Couldn't give a sh*t to be honest.

More interested to see how Suarez does.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #31: Feb 02, 2011 03:24:32 pm
      The monopoly money seems to have a nice touch of sarcasm about it so I'm into that idea. I don't want Carra to crunch him as I'd rather we got 3 points than go a man down. Boring I know but I still think 4th's possible.

If he makes it back to Anfield to play next season the one thing I'd like to happen is when the teams come out or when he first heads towards the Kop for every single Red in there to turn their back on him.

Agree. He probably won't do but I was thinking if he has the nerve to try and acknowledge our fans at any time on sunday say applaud them afterwards then we should all turn our backs on him.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #32: Feb 02, 2011 03:27:37 pm
      That monolopy money idea is brilliant! :D

The silence should work, hit home that we have no respect for him to cheer or applaud him as an ex-player, but we have no respect for him to even boo him. Why should we give him the satisfaction of booing him. Some players thrive on that. Let's not give him an extra incentive.

redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #33: Feb 02, 2011 03:29:20 pm
      Whatever we do on Sunday, I know for sure that the following will happen:

I trust our fans to act with dignity (like our manager) and also show the passion that has made LFC. Anyways, Chelski will not play well and they will be booed at HT by their own fans. :)

P.S. I really like the idea of throwing monopoly money.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #34: Feb 02, 2011 03:30:24 pm
      Whatever we do on Sunday, I know for sure that the following will happen:

I trust our fans to act with dignity (like our manager) and also show the passion that has made LFC. Anyways, Chelski will not play well and they will be booed at HT by their own fans. :)

P.S. I really like the idea of throwing monopoly money.
      Er no if Torres makes an gestures towards them it will kick off big time.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #35: Feb 02, 2011 03:31:00 pm
      Just wait until Carra shoves him into the hording and we'll all piss on him....

JK  ;D
      liverpuddle
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #36: Feb 02, 2011 03:32:19 pm
      I know I would not be able to hold my anger to myself when I see him in a Chelsea shirt against LFC, and would certainly shout all kinds of abuse I could think of.

I have a visceral reaction to even reading this let alone seeing it!!

I like the monopoly money idea. Also like the idea of everyone turning their back to him and definitely volume to the max!  We'll take this one, morally and on the score sheet.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #37: Feb 02, 2011 03:38:06 pm
      We are forgetting the plactic flag waving Chelski public.They will be laughing at us an dI dont expect our lads and lasses will be slow to respond.I am expecting a very hostile crowd. Just hope we can perform and sneal something.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #38: Feb 02, 2011 03:38:23 pm
      Er no if Torres makes an gestures towards them it will kick off big time.

well, of course. Monkeys need to be treated like monkeys when they make gestures at human beings. ;)
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #39: Feb 02, 2011 03:45:05 pm
      collect up all our torres 9 jerseys, give them to those going to the bridge on sunday, and when ''he'' ( I refuse to use ''his'' name ) passes the away end, f**k em out at him. Or even leave them in a pile on front of the advertising hoardings.
      love this idea!
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #40: Feb 02, 2011 03:48:08 pm
      toss the shirt away...nah it'd be better for everyone to wear their torres shirt with "IS A c**t" written underneath his name, then all turn their backs on him when he gets near
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #41: Feb 02, 2011 03:51:38 pm
      Hoinestly I hope he dosent come near us at the game, it could turn very nasty indeed... Most of the travelling support are ace, but a few beers and him near them and I worry, I really do.

I hope we can have a bit of dignity, there was a picture of Torres last season and behind him all you could see was a load of Chav fans going mental - I wouldnt like to see us like them. I would like to get him to sign the photo though, or have him see it (i guess its like water off a ducks back for most players)...

We know the chave will sing our Torres song at least once during the game thinking its funny. However it will just show their lack of inventivness, thats if the staf remeber to print it and selotape it to the seats before hand that is.

A witty song back at their fans would be best, not a load of abuse towards Torres. I would like us to get all 3 points, play them off the park and have Torres walking off to his new fans booing and us going mental... Looking over his shoulder may make him realise that the next 4 years will be long and unsupportive in London...
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #42: Feb 02, 2011 03:56:34 pm
      How about our lot singing Abba's "Money, Money, Money, it's a Tossers game."
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #43: Feb 02, 2011 04:01:29 pm
      This could get ugly. Our traveling supporters are boss, and the 14 Chelski fans that actually sing will no doubt be trying to wind our supporters up. If Torres scores it could get even worse. Here's hoping that we batter them and Torres continues to be terrible.

I think singing the Suarez bounce would do quite nicely.
      predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #44: Feb 02, 2011 04:06:14 pm
      Torres has hurt a lot of people, but he no longer plays for LFC, he is behind us now (and I am glad to be rid of him if that is who he really is).  Silence, ambivalence, no response at all is exactly the correct response.  The club is bigger than him and we will only prove that by ignoring his presence.  Flags or chants of any kind towards him will only make it look like we've not moved on.  Booing Torres will only fuel the chavs jeering at us, if they know we are not wound up about it, they will do back to just sitting grumpily in their seats and half-heartedly waving their plazzy flags.

So I agree wholeheartedly with the OP.

This tbh, and the monopoly idea is a really good one. Hope lots of these suggestions are flying about and the away crowd come up with something.
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #45: Feb 02, 2011 04:12:00 pm
      Look people for fcuk sake £8 million net spend this window thats all 8 million, and we get two cracking players too boot. To be honest Im glad we are rid of the moody cnut and Im laughing all the way to the bank just like KK and Dirky

Thanks to RAWK for the pic btw

Quick Reply