Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Reaction to Torres on Sunday

Read 29543 times
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Re: Reaction to Torres on Sunday
      Reply #230: Feb 06, 2011 08:21:46 pm
      Oh and I still havnt moved on those sky sports ads make me feel sh*t when I see him in that blue shirt!

I have an advantage of living in the States so the lack of constant media bombardment I think has helped me a lot.

But I know what he said, and he went back on it. I am not happy with it but the prospect and growth our club has shown has made me get over it.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #231: Feb 06, 2011 08:31:16 pm

Did anybody get a better look at this banner? I can't really read what it says
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #232: Feb 06, 2011 08:33:45 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #233: Feb 06, 2011 08:34:45 pm

Did anybody get a better look at this banner? I can't really read what it says

BREAKING NEWS: YA PAID 50 MIL 4 MARGI CLARKE
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #234: Feb 06, 2011 08:37:59 pm

BREAKING NEWS: YA PAID 50 MIL 4 MARGI CLARKE
        :lmao: class
      Thanks mate
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #235: Feb 06, 2011 08:44:14 pm
      So, how was it, after all? Any special songs? The Brazilian broadcasting of the game didn't let me hear the fans very well, apart from the famous songs that are easy to recognize.

"Chelsea Rent Boy" was one of them.
      LFChrisLFC
      • Forum Ian St John

• 425 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #236: Feb 06, 2011 08:47:59 pm
      "Chelsea Rent Boy" was one of them.

After we scored 'Torres what's the score, Torres Torres what's the score?'
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #237: Feb 06, 2011 08:59:50 pm
      I know it wasn't a reaction to Torres but especially loved: "Where's your famous plastic flags"

F***ing class!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #238: Feb 06, 2011 09:14:16 pm
      Well for a player who supposedly moved to a bigger club he still had a face like a slapped arse ,especially when young Kelly smashed him in the mush. Qwaliteeee
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #239: Feb 06, 2011 09:52:06 pm
      chelsea could turn out to be a nightmare for torres bench warming. there two strikers have big egos. and threes a crowd so torres upsetting chemistry.then he is given to sulking  add a few injuries and that 50 mill is way overpaid  for a striker on the way down.we offloaded him at the right time
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #240: Feb 06, 2011 10:00:52 pm
      Thanks for not celebrating when you scored against us Nando ;D

Different team, same old half assed preformance!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #241: Feb 06, 2011 10:25:41 pm
       Based on what we saw today, I'd be surprised if they can get the Drogba/Lampard/Torres thing to work. To me neither Drogba nor Torres play best with a partner, while Fat Frank has always had trouble finding pockets to arrive in when you play two up top (as you see for England). Something will have to give, and I'm not absolutely certain it'll end up being Drogba unless Torres improves a lot.

Chelsea have never been shy (and rightly so IMHO) of mixing it up and hitting it long to Drogba, relying on his power and strength to give them a bridgehead to attack from, be it in the form of a free kick or a lay off. Take him out and stick Torres in, and the channel ball or the diagonal from the full back is basicqally a concession of possession because Torres doesn't do that anymore. Yes he'll score heavily if they give him a few chances like the one Carragher blocked today, but in terms of team play and providing an out ball he doesn't do zip.

It'll be an interesting connundrum for them to come to terms with, but my money would be on Torres moving abroad at the end of next season, for a sum considerably less than 50 million quid.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #242: Feb 06, 2011 11:11:28 pm
      think torres could be the modern andrei shevenko for chelsea just will not fit in. his work rate is well down to when he was a scoring sensation.with two strikers with big egos threes a crowd. he will be odd man out.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #243: Feb 07, 2011 01:05:13 am
      Thanks for not celebrating when you scored against us Nando ;D

Thanks for not celebrating when you got a shot on target against us Nando ;D

I heard the 'You should have stayed at a real club.'

Some people said some Torres shirts got thrown on to the pitch before the game - didn't see any pictures though.  I did see one fella in the crowd with 9 'Traitor' on.

All in all though - some good songs, and it all worked out pretty well for us.  You would have thought even Chelsea may have managed to generate their own atmosphere today.  Absolutely dismal set of fans they are.  The Shankly Gates on their copied banner was a real highlight and even some of their own fans are embarrassed. (As they should be)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #244: Feb 07, 2011 01:30:46 am
      I haven't liked the storm over Torres from the media when all eyes should be on Kenny's efforts.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #245: Feb 07, 2011 01:34:44 am
      I did see one fella in the crowd with 9 'Traitor' on.

:D
      lemmiwinks
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #246: Feb 07, 2011 01:37:51 am
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #247: Feb 07, 2011 01:46:12 am
      The build up to the match was all about Fernando Torres but he wasn't exactly a different player. Hardly looked like a player who is 'happy here'.

I'm just glad we beat Chelsea and managed to see the looked on Fernando's face.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #248: Feb 07, 2011 01:50:28 am
      Today was billed so much to be Torres' perfect day that the entire footballing world forgot we were playing. Same happened years ago with Catona's return after the kung fu kick on the Palace fan. (think we lost that one though)

Whatever the reaction was, is or will be towards Torres, my only reaction is one of great joy because we won.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #249: Feb 07, 2011 02:17:28 am
      Same happened years ago with Catona's return after the kung fu kick on the Palace fan. (think we lost that one though)

We drew, we were beating them at the time thanks to two moments of genius from God!

Cheating cu*ts as ever got a dodgy pen.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #250: Feb 07, 2011 02:35:28 am
      We drew, we were beating them at the time thanks to two moments of genius from God!

Cheating cu*ts as ever got a dodgy pen.

Was it a draw mate? Remember Cantona scoring the pen an everyone carrying on like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Was that the game Robbie scored the two great goals when he had blonde hair?
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #251: Feb 07, 2011 02:38:17 am
      I was quite happy with the reaction to Torres. Deservedly got booed and mocked whilst not going over the top on our part. He is a pr**k and we let him know it. Time to move on, nobody's really arsed now. On the evidence of today we wont be missing him. His two young, hungry replacements never even got a game. We are a side that is in the ascendency and have a lot of potential. Chelsea are an ageing side with a new recruit who is full of himself, over priced, half arsed and clearly disloyal. Nice one Roman for taking a sulking, lie'ing, moody b***ard off our hands.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #252: Feb 07, 2011 02:40:08 am
      Was it a draw mate? Remember Cantona scoring the pen an everyone carrying on like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Was that the game Robbie scored the two great goals when he had blonde hair?

Yeah, the one when he shoulder charged Neville halfway to Liverpool then scored.

Quick Reply