Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Reaction to Torres on Sunday

Read 29540 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Reaction to Torres on Sunday
      Reply #276: Feb 09, 2011 01:22:27 am
      That is a very interesting article.

Like I've said before, his act of handing in a transfer request shows the meaning of "I'm Fernando Torres and I don't deserve to be at a club who is languishing 7th in the league" (before we played Chelsea). It was an act of saying he's bigger than the club.

I think the person to be most disappointed in him would be Kenny because he's probably the most 'Liverpool-like' figure in the squad and what Fernando has done, is, very un'Liverpool-like'.

Kenny's also had a dig at him in his recent interview when he said something like "Whatever someone wants to do with their life, that's entirely their choice."  :D
      « Last Edit: Feb 09, 2011 01:29:31 am by Adryan »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #277: Feb 09, 2011 10:44:25 am
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8312681/Chelsea-striker-Didier-Drobga-finding-bad-spell-hard-to-live-with-as-Liverpool-put-further-dent-in-title-hopes.html

It seems that Nando is in a place he doesnt want to be and is seriously bullshitting.
      He was banging on about the place being happy and the Chelsea players are so very positive.
      All is Rosy in the Nando and Chelsea garden.

Well Ladies. Perception and Reality are two different things.

Here is what Didier Drogba has to say:

He said: ''We had started to see light at the end of the tunnel once again.
      But this latest defeat by Liverpool has cut away our legs and jeopardised our chances of winning the league title once more.

''It is going to be difficult for us to catch up with Manchester United.''

Chelsea are still in the FA Cup and Champions League, but Drogba is worried about the morale within the squad as the season enters a decisive period.

He added: ''Our league position is similar to what it was last season.
      But absences, and the fact that we've not been scoring as many goals, has made for a bad mood around the place.

''I'm finding our bad spell hard to live with, as do the rest of the squad. We are suffering, given that Chelsea are not accustomed to losing matches.

Carlo Ancelotti has been unhappy in recent weeks.''

Who is zooming who Nando?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8313296/Chelsea-had-bid-for-Mario-Gomez-turned-down-by-Bayern-Munich-before-Fernando-Torres-move-from-Liverpool.html

Finally. Torres wont be too happy to find he was a last minute second choice substitute for Chelsea's first choice Gomez.
      Woops.
      « Last Edit: Feb 09, 2011 02:44:05 pm by eurored »
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #278: Feb 09, 2011 08:43:48 pm
      yes he has left a club who now has an excellent manager and moving forward again into positive territory. went to a club which is losing confidence,bringing in torres will disrupt team chemistry and unbalance the squad. his attitude has changed dramatically in two years. now seen as a sulking underperforming striker whose  work rate has dropped dramatically.i congratulate the reds for offloading him perfect timing. plus we have two young strikers who can only get better 
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #279: Feb 09, 2011 08:45:47 pm
      I think he wil find it very hard to score goals ...he was lucky at liverpool because Rafa put the whole trust in him.... I can say that he was the only main striker at liverpool but is not the same at chelsea.if u don t score than at least u must create the goals whuch he is not good at.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,246 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #280: Feb 09, 2011 09:29:13 pm
      I still think Torres is still a very good striker but has become aloof, full of himself, but i still think he will do well at Chelsea, hence the reason we are so upset at him leaving.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #281: Feb 09, 2011 09:40:12 pm
      If he wants to be near anywhere like he was in 2008, he needs to change his attitude. Does look lazy and disinterested. I actually find that very hard to believe because as a player, when you're in a game, isn't it like automatic that you play football and not go like "I am disinterested, I won't chase the ball".
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #282: Feb 09, 2011 10:25:53 pm
      I was watching FT to see if the whinging to the ref (something that became part of his M O )was going to happen.It did'nt really cos he had nothin to whinge about.Apart from the forearm smash from D'agger.
      The great big ego he now has will go down well in the dressing room.My only regret is that I can't be a fly on the wall when the s*** starts getting thrown about.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #283: Feb 09, 2011 10:56:42 pm

It's Ok Mungo will be spoon feeding Nando soon.
      5strs
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #284: Feb 10, 2011 12:05:13 pm
      Couldnt agree more! Torres looked as miserable and disinterested as he did with us. I was expecting him to be lively and to be a real threat, but he was non existent!

The so called slump in form might be more permanent than everybody thinks!?

We cashed in on him at exactly the right time!

He's only had one game for Chelski. You cant really judge him from one poor game. We're all made up cos he played sh*t,but no ones considered the possibility that he might of purposely played crap as a way of not hurtin us any more.The worlds best  striker (I still reckon he is) does not lose his talents overnight, although I wish he would.Also if Ronaldo is worth £80mill then Torres is worth £50mill although not at his present form but when he's on fire he is
      « Last Edit: Feb 11, 2011 08:53:31 am by ayrton77, Reason: Fixed quote »
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #285: Feb 15, 2011 05:26:09 pm
      torres 50 million was based on his first year form. he is only half the player he was. his temperment has completely altered now. his work rate well down. he commits more fouls now sulky and believe the injuries have taken there toll. we got rid of him at the right time,chelsea will regret eventually of paying that amount of money for an average striker.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #286: Feb 15, 2011 05:28:59 pm
      Anyone care about him anymore?

If you do he has a whole other thread dedicated to just him.

Locked.

Quick Reply