Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Reaction to Torres on Sunday

Read 30010 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Reaction to Torres on Sunday
      Reply #46: Feb 02, 2011 04:14:25 pm
      We should all salute Torres on Sunday.

The one-fingered variety.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #47: Feb 02, 2011 04:49:46 pm
      To be honest , I would treat him like he has been a chelsea player all along, just ignore him (difficult I know) but may be effective, just let our lads on the pitch do their job and prevent him from touching the ball  if possible, He knows we are hurt by his attitude towards our club, we don't have to demonstrate it to him, than if he scores (GOD FORBID) we will see if he has the guts to celebrate,  we know how an honest player should react , seen it many times done with players scoring aginst ex -clubs, This if he plays , to be honest i doubt it , maybe he will get the last 10/15 min , just to introduce him to the PLASTIC MOB
        YNWA

Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #48: Feb 02, 2011 05:00:38 pm
      Throw loads of 50p's at him ;D
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #49: Feb 02, 2011 05:00:40 pm
      Whenever he's on the ball, chants of "Who The F*cking Hell Are You?!" and boos would be lovely. The monopoly money would be good aswell.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #50: Feb 02, 2011 05:01:45 pm
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #51: Feb 02, 2011 05:13:52 pm
      It would be a sickener if he scores but the most important thing is that we support the team  so we have to put it all behind us now hard to do but we must for the team
      Carroll9
      • Banned

• 324 posts |
      Reply #52: Feb 02, 2011 05:15:44 pm
      The reds going the game are the reds who have been contributing towards paying his wages the last few seasons. We are a very proud club and its as if Torres has spat on our shirt. I've heard he's meant to have said things such as 'Its my destiny to score against liverpool in my debut for chelsea' and 'its great to have finally joined a big club' so as i said earlier, believe me, he will get absolutely slaughtered.

He chose to weaken our side (he had no idea we would sign Carroll, it was rumoured he asked to go on the 28th) and strengthen one of our main rivals in the league, a club we've had alot of beef with the last 5 or 6 seasons atleast.

All this 'Lets just ignore him and sing songs and hold hands' is absolute bollocks ;D, the lad is in for some heavy abuse and it will be just as bad as the abuse Rooney, Owen, Big Dunc, Gary Neville etc etc gets.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #53: Feb 02, 2011 05:17:39 pm
      Whenever he's on the ball, chants of "Who The F*cking Hell Are You?!" and boos would be lovely. The monopoly money would be good aswell.
      remember when everton did that they weren't long shutting up we have to forget him
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #54: Feb 02, 2011 05:23:03 pm
      I love the monopoly idea. It would be awesome to see that.

As for the silence - great idea in theory, but practically impossible to do in reality. Emotions are too high (and that's not counting the alcohol effect).
      ephraim anyanwu
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #55: Feb 02, 2011 05:24:52 pm
      we respect him and also be focus on the match
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #56: Feb 02, 2011 05:44:40 pm
      we respect him and also be focus on the match

Just like he respected us. ???
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #57: Feb 02, 2011 05:45:09 pm
      The best thing is to show him what he's left behind. Amazing vocal support for our lads from start to finish, don't even mention the turncoat. We're over him, we're bigger than him, and come sunday we'll have XI lads out there giving their all for us and we'll give them our all!
      Redangel

• 8,393 posts | 1025 
      Reply #58: Feb 02, 2011 05:46:25 pm
      Let's show him what dignity is !
      Just ignore him and support the team. Sing as loud as you can . Show him what he's missing.
      Just read John Aldridge's  piece in the Echo , he is really disgusted at how he's treated the fans .
      Just hope nobody lets us down like he's done .
      Let's show that we're not happy with how he's gone about it and what he's said , but lets NOT make headlines for anything other than football reasons .
      We are LFC we are better than that!!
      Let's batter them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    ;D

LFCkl
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 365 posts |
      Reply #59: Feb 02, 2011 06:09:02 pm
      The monopoly money idea is class and very Scouse humoured! Would be good to get this idea more known to see if it could take off.

A Suarez bounce and song would be good as well.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #60: Feb 02, 2011 06:11:58 pm
      I do Daz.  I also know that if he scores he will celebrate it - he doesn't have the class to think about us.

I'd be disappointed in him as a professional footballer if he DIDN'T celebrate a goal against us - the same goes for any player playing against an ex-club; it really annoys me and shows a lack of respect for their new teammates and fans. The past is the past. It's not about class, it's about respect for the people who pay him, train with him and come to watch him play at the present time.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #61: Feb 02, 2011 06:25:01 pm
      I'd be disappointed in him as a professional footballer if he DIDN'T celebrate a goal against us - the same goes for any player playing against an ex-club; it really annoys me and shows a lack of respect for their new teammates and fans. The past is the past. It's not about class, it's about respect for the people who pay him, train with him and come to watch him play at the present time.

You've got that totally wrong IMO.
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #62: Feb 02, 2011 06:25:30 pm
      I think silent treatment is the best option and hopefully when the sound of leg breaking echos around the ground........laughter errupts
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #63: Feb 02, 2011 06:27:04 pm
      Boos will ring around that sh*t hole Stamford Bridge when his name is read out and they will overpower the cheers from the plastics.

His touches will be booed, his errors cheered, tackles on him applauded. That's how it always is when a player does what he has done to a club returns.

Personally, i'd boo and scream everything that comes to my head about him out loud. He's a c**t.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #64: Feb 02, 2011 06:27:17 pm
      Fly a banner with his face on it...(or his name)......with a f...ing great silver diagonal cross on it made of duct tape.

Or.

FANKS FOR THE FIFTY FERNANDO !
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #65: Feb 02, 2011 06:30:26 pm
      Or a banner with pictures of Suarez and Carroll with their respective tranfer fees beneath them and the words 'Thanks, Roman!'
      « Last Edit: Feb 10, 2011 08:25:31 am by Reprobate »
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #66: Feb 02, 2011 06:31:38 pm
      seeing as its my birthday on sunday, i might cry if torres scores.
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #67: Feb 02, 2011 06:32:43 pm
      i like the  monoply money idea but im thinking go one step further get printed 20 pound notes with his face on it then get some enlarged aswell probably cheaper than buying a monoply game for 30quid. Also you guys who are good on photoshop  could mock it up then its  easy for everyone to print off.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #68: Feb 02, 2011 06:34:44 pm
      Would be great to throw any Torres 9 shirts on the pitch near him, that or the silent treatment, or the money idea.

Quick Reply