Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Reaction to Torres on Sunday

Read 29772 times
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Re: Reaction to Torres on Sunday
      Reply #184: Feb 04, 2011 08:28:02 pm
      Sorry i'm not able to predict the future thanks for that ;)
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #185: Feb 04, 2011 08:33:14 pm
      Jesus that interview almost makes me feel sorry for him!  ( i know... i have a problem!!)

But about not having the time to wait for us to get back to where we belong- bollocks!  Hes only what 26?

He could have been a part of it- its coming, and its not half as far away as we think it is!

God i want to beat them to a champions league spot!!!

This is exactly what I was thinking when I read the interview.
      yommie
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #186: Feb 04, 2011 09:44:53 pm
      To the tune of I Dont Like Mondays by The Boomtown Rats

"We dont like Torres
      Tell you why
      We dont like Torres
      tell you why
      We dont like Torres
      cause he's blue, blue blue blue, blue blue
      And he'll turn his back on you too"
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #187: Feb 04, 2011 09:57:04 pm
      To me, the torres bounce is dead. RIP.  He's just another player playing for a wankshitbollocks team.  We should concentrate on OUR players and boo the F**k out of the tw*t.  Only OUR players deserve us singing for them imo.  I would say ignore him, but he deserves some F***ing stick for what he's done, but he certainly doesn't deserve a song.  He has no heart or conscience so he won't feel sorry if we do the <spit> torres bounce, so I really hope we don't don't.

Let's keep our chanting for OUR players, F**k the oppo!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #188: Feb 05, 2011 12:09:17 am
      Jesus that interview almost makes me feel sorry for him!  ( I know... I have a problem!!)

But about not having the time to wait for us to get back to where we belong- bollocks!  Hes only what 26?

He could have been a part of it- its coming, and its not half as far away as we think it is!

God I want to beat them to a champions league spot!!!

Exactly, he should have been the one leading us to the top but he's gone now so f**k him.

I love the Monopoly money idea, think it's brilliant. Hope there is a nice ferocious gale wind blowing and everyone lets the money fly across the ground. What a spectacular sight that would be watching in my living room.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #189: Feb 05, 2011 12:24:52 am
      As seething as we all are, there's only one thing we can do to show our class boys and girls:

Lock Stock And Barrel - Rise Above It (1993)
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #190: Feb 05, 2011 06:47:42 am
      I don't think we should give him any kind of bad recption, the last thing we need to do is get him fired up, and make him want to punish us.
      If we cheer every time he loses possession, it may knock his confidence a little though.

I say we make a point of showing we don't miss him by making a big hero out of Suarez.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #191: Feb 05, 2011 09:43:17 am
      Excuse Mwa?

Qui est  Torres ?

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #192: Feb 05, 2011 04:13:20 pm
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8304519/Torres-Im-an-Atletico-fan-I-never-kissed-the-Liverpool-badge.html

TORRES SAYS  " I NEVER KISSED THE LIVERPOOL BADGE"

Which after this article puts him in the same league as Little Mickey O.

Torres: I'm an Atletico fan, I never kissed the Liverpool badge
      Fernando Torres believes that romance is dead in football, that nobody should be surprised to see one club's darling falling into the arms of another.

Money talks, talent walks is the gospel according to Torres.

Henry Winter
      By Henry Winter 8:00AM GMT 05 Feb 2011

Questions kept being thrown at Chelsea's former Liverpool icon after training at Cobham, about what he would say to Steven Gerrard in the tunnel, how he would cope with Jamie Carragher's first tackle and how he would handle the venom of the Liverpool fans, who loved and lost him.

This very determined, very ambitious and very intelligent 26 year-old responded cogently, his each reply shredding into ever tinier pieces the fans' hope that their emotions could find an echo in players' hearts.

Kopites felt their relationship with Torres went beyond usual supporter-star affiliation, that a shared passion ran deep, particularly having read his book El Nino, seemingly a billet doux to Beatleville. To learn that their beloved had eyes for another felt the darkest of deceptions.

Liverpool fans should have checked the small print in the emotional contract, according to Chelsea's £50 million man.

"I never kissed the Liverpool badge. Never. No. No. I never did. I see some players doing that one week after joining a club, but the romanticism in football has gone. It's different now. People are coming and leaving." The shirt is a uniform not a skin.

"I only want to score goals and do my job. When I was born in Madrid, I was not a Liverpool fan or a Chelsea fan. I was an Atletico fan. I still am. They're the only badge I will kiss.

"I understand the fans will be angry. I am a fan of Atletico and couldn't understand when some of the top players left. Football is like this: from one day to another, people love you and then hate you."

Stressing he will not celebrate if he scores tomorrow, Torres resented the "Judas" and "traitor" jibes. "That makes no sense. I played three very good seasons at Liverpool, left massive money there, lots of goals, good performances."

His disillusionment with life at Liverpool has been deepening for some time.

"It was the last two years maybe, especially with the old owners [Tom Hicks and George Gillett]. I realised at the start of the season that expectations weren't so high.

"People were talking about Liverpool winning the Premier League or finishing in the top four, but the club has to go slowly. I could see from the beginning we were in the relegation zone.

"It's been a very tough season. Liverpool's progress has not been the best, they've had problems with the old owners and are in a difficult moment, but I helped the team and did my job all the time. When the new owner, John Henry, came and brought his team with him, the club was moving in the right direction. But they will need time while I'm at my best age to play football now.

"I took the decision to leave Liverpool because I heard about Chelsea's interest. When you have a chance of winning the Champions League and the Premier League, competing with the best, you can't say no. In life sometimes there are trains that come your way only once and you have to take that train.

"I was lucky to be involved in the Spanish team winning the European Championship and the World Cup, but I want to win at a club. Most of my Spanish team-mates have won all the trophies in the last two years. This is an ambition of mine. When I'm 40, I'd like to look back and see pictures of me as a champion.

"Chelsea were pushing hard for me and I really wanted to leave Liverpool, so I told them straight. I explained my situation, my feelings, and was honest with everyone – face to face. That was maybe 10 or 12 days before the window closed."

The personal involvement taken by Roman Abramovich in the deal particularly impressed Torres. "The owner made a big effort to buy me. The value of the players is going down at the moment, but he paid big money for me because he has confidence in me." The fee did not trouble Torres. "Ronaldo signed for Real at 100 million [euros], so anything can happen."

Abramovich's enduring commitment delighted Carlo Ancelotti. "I asked just for Fernando and David Luiz," said the Chelsea manager, "and the owner was able to buy both. In the January window it's not easy to buy important players like Fernando and Luiz. The club did a fantastic job to do this."

Torres clearly required little convincing. "I know the plans, the ambitions for the future," continued Chelsea's new No 9.

"I want to be involved in that future: building a great team, keep competing with Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham, fighting to be the biggest club in England and the best in Europe. I have to think about my career. It's a step forward, everyone agrees."

Being a pragmatist, Torres would have stayed. "I was under contract and, if no one wanted me, I'd have played happily. Obviously, Liverpool didn't want me to leave. I told them I wasn't going to change my mind. So they tried to get the best money and a replacement. I had to wait until the last few minutes of the window to sign for Chelsea."

Torres could do Liverpool a favour by stopping United from beating Anfield's record 18 titles. Chelsea lie 10 points behind United but play them twice. "We have more possibilities to close this gap," said Ancelotti. "We have more power, ability, strength, experience."

The Italian said he would consider whether to involve Luiz, who returns this morning after a flying visit to the Brazilian embassy in Lisbon, and whether to start Torres.

"I'd like to play against Carra because he's a top player," said Torres. "I like playing against the best, as I liked to play against John Terry and Rio Ferdinand. I'm expecting a hard game. I know Carra's a big Liverpool fan. As a footballer, I'm sure he understands my decision. I'm sure he wanted me to stay, but it's the same as when I was playing for Liverpool, it was a big disappointment for me when Xabi Alonso or Javier Mascherano left Liverpool. I understood why they did it, for a new life. Plenty of my ex-team-mates have congratulated me for this move.

"Stevie G was one of the first who called me and supported me, hoping the best for me maybe because he was in that situation once [flirting with Chelsea]. He's been a very good friend and team-mate from the first to the last."

Gerrard, Carragher and the Liverpool fans encounter their old friend tomorrow. "I won't be nervous," said Torres.

...but Nando we all had a tough two years.
      We never abandoned the club.
      Stevie didnt.
      Pepe didnt.

We fought like hell to change the situation and we did it.

We never lost faith in you. You lost faith in us and are now making excuses.

Just like Mickey O who left for "greater things". ;D
      You may just have got it all wrong.    I would shut up now.

You've no legacy for your children.  Stevie has. You haven't.

« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2011 06:19:26 pm by eurored »
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #193: Feb 05, 2011 07:13:02 pm
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8304519/Torres-Im-an-Atletico-fan-I-never-kissed-the-Liverpool-badge.html

TORRES SAYS  " I NEVER KISSED THE LIVERPOOL BADGE"

Which after this article puts him in the same league as Little Mickey O.

Fernando Torres believes that romance is dead in football, that nobody should be surprised to see one club's darling falling into the arms of another.

Money talks, talent walks is the gospel according to Torres.

Henry Winter
      By Henry Winter 8:00AM GMT 05 Feb 2011

Questions kept being thrown at Chelsea's former Liverpool icon after training at Cobham, about what he would say to Steven Gerrard in the tunnel, how he would cope with Jamie Carragher's first tackle and how he would handle the venom of the Liverpool fans, who loved and lost him.

This very determined, very ambitious and very intelligent 26 year-old responded cogently, his each reply shredding into ever tinier pieces the fans' hope that their emotions could find an echo in players' hearts.

Kopites felt their relationship with Torres went beyond usual supporter-star affiliation, that a shared passion ran deep, particularly having read his book El Nino, seemingly a billet doux to Beatleville. To learn that their beloved had eyes for another felt the darkest of deceptions.

Liverpool fans should have checked the small print in the emotional contract, according to Chelsea's £50 million man.

"I never kissed the Liverpool badge. Never. No. No. I never did. I see some players doing that one week after joining a club, but the romanticism in football has gone. It's different now. People are coming and leaving." The shirt is a uniform not a skin.

"I only want to score goals and do my job. When I was born in Madrid, I was not a Liverpool fan or a Chelsea fan. I was an Atletico fan. I still am. They're the only badge I will kiss.

"I understand the fans will be angry. I am a fan of Atletico and couldn't understand when some of the top players left. Football is like this: from one day to another, people love you and then hate you."

Stressing he will not celebrate if he scores tomorrow, Torres resented the "Judas" and "traitor" jibes. "That makes no sense. I played three very good seasons at Liverpool, left massive money there, lots of goals, good performances."

His disillusionment with life at Liverpool has been deepening for some time.

"It was the last two years maybe, especially with the old owners [Tom Hicks and George Gillett]. I realised at the start of the season that expectations weren't so high.

"People were talking about Liverpool winning the Premier League or finishing in the top four, but the club has to go slowly. I could see from the beginning we were in the relegation zone.

"It's been a very tough season. Liverpool's progress has not been the best, they've had problems with the old owners and are in a difficult moment, but I helped the team and did my job all the time. When the new owner, John Henry, came and brought his team with him, the club was moving in the right direction. But they will need time while I'm at my best age to play football now.

"I took the decision to leave Liverpool because I heard about Chelsea's interest. When you have a chance of winning the Champions League and the Premier League, competing with the best, you can't say no. In life sometimes there are trains that come your way only once and you have to take that train.

"I was lucky to be involved in the Spanish team winning the European Championship and the World Cup, but I want to win at a club. Most of my Spanish team-mates have won all the trophies in the last two years. This is an ambition of mine. When I'm 40, I'd like to look back and see pictures of me as a champion.

"Chelsea were pushing hard for me and I really wanted to leave Liverpool, so I told them straight. I explained my situation, my feelings, and was honest with everyone – face to face. That was maybe 10 or 12 days before the window closed."

The personal involvement taken by Roman Abramovich in the deal particularly impressed Torres. "The owner made a big effort to buy me. The value of the players is going down at the moment, but he paid big money for me because he has confidence in me." The fee did not trouble Torres. "Ronaldo signed for Real at 100 million [euros], so anything can happen."

Abramovich's enduring commitment delighted Carlo Ancelotti. "I asked just for Fernando and David Luiz," said the Chelsea manager, "and the owner was able to buy both. In the January window it's not easy to buy important players like Fernando and Luiz. The club did a fantastic job to do this."

Torres clearly required little convincing. "I know the plans, the ambitions for the future," continued Chelsea's new No 9.

"I want to be involved in that future: building a great team, keep competing with Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham, fighting to be the biggest club in England and the best in Europe. I have to think about my career. It's a step forward, everyone agrees."

Being a pragmatist, Torres would have stayed. "I was under contract and, if no one wanted me, I'd have played happily. Obviously, Liverpool didn't want me to leave. I told them I wasn't going to change my mind. So they tried to get the best money and a replacement. I had to wait until the last few minutes of the window to sign for Chelsea."

Torres could do Liverpool a favour by stopping United from beating Anfield's record 18 titles. Chelsea lie 10 points behind United but play them twice. "We have more possibilities to close this gap," said Ancelotti. "We have more power, ability, strength, experience."

The Italian said he would consider whether to involve Luiz, who returns this morning after a flying visit to the Brazilian embassy in Lisbon, and whether to start Torres.

"I'd like to play against Carra because he's a top player," said Torres. "I like playing against the best, as I liked to play against John Terry and Rio Ferdinand. I'm expecting a hard game. I know Carra's a big Liverpool fan. As a footballer, I'm sure he understands my decision. I'm sure he wanted me to stay, but it's the same as when I was playing for Liverpool, it was a big disappointment for me when Xabi Alonso or Javier Mascherano left Liverpool. I understood why they did it, for a new life. Plenty of my ex-team-mates have congratulated me for this move.

"Stevie G was one of the first who called me and supported me, hoping the best for me maybe because he was in that situation once [flirting with Chelsea]. He's been a very good friend and team-mate from the first to the last."

Gerrard, Carragher and the Liverpool fans encounter their old friend tomorrow. "I won't be nervous," said Torres.

...but Nando we all had a tough two years.
      We never abandoned the club.
      Stevie didnt.
      Pepe didnt.

We fought like hell to change the situation and we did it.

We never lost faith in you. You lost faith in us and are now making excuses.

Just like Mickey O who left for "greater things". ;D
      You may just have got it all wrong.    I would shut up now.

You've no legacy for your children.  Stevie has. You haven't.

He's a liar. Either he lied to us before or he's lying to us now. Regardless, he's a liar.
      redman147
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts | -1 
      Reply #194: Feb 05, 2011 07:30:46 pm
      Basically, he's bottomed out on us when the going got too tough for him. Obviously £110k a week and what he said the club meant to him weren't enough. He conducted himself poorly this season.

We've seen him for what he is now, so F**k him and let's go for it tomorrow. I think out and out booing him in classic fashion is the best way. And then waiting until he has to come to Anfield next year and giving it to him again big style.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #195: Feb 05, 2011 07:37:20 pm
      I hope we don't boo or abuse him. He's not worth it. Let's show him he's hero one day, nothing today. Let's show him we have moved on and he's nothing to us anymore.

The 11 players taking the field in Red tomorrow mean alot to us so let's cheer them on for a win.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #196: Feb 05, 2011 09:44:30 pm
      F**k him , he aint Liverpool anymore and doesn't deserve your attention . I'm sure the plastics at Chel$ki will welcome him with open arms .
      The way i see it , you got 2 quality players for an injury prone transvestite
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #197: Feb 05, 2011 09:50:52 pm
      F**k him , he aint Liverpool anymore and doesn't deserve your attention . I'm sure the plastics at Chel$ki will welcome him with open arms .
      The way I see it , you got 2 quality players for an injury prone transvestite
      :lmao: Nice one oz
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #198: Feb 05, 2011 10:03:28 pm
      As Kenny says - "...no one player is ever going to be or more important than this football club...". Let's show him what the best fans in the world are about. I wouldn't give him any special treatment - treat him as a Chavski player, that's it. I posted this below in another thread but it seemed appropriate for here.

For me, we've all been burned - I've posted a few times that my 7yr old was devastated. He's a bull-strong left sided little force of nature who just wants to kick the ball all day long.

He came to me tonight and said "Andy Carroll will be much better than Torres Dad - you know why?...Cos he's left footed like me!"

My 78 replica strip will be on tomorrow and me and my two boys in their kit will be cheering and singing in front of the telly from beginning to end.

There was / is "...only one Fernando Torres...". Problem for him and the Chavs is there are millions of us, Kenny's disciples, and we're all returning to health.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #199: Feb 06, 2011 01:18:43 am
      Dalglish: Give Torres the reception he deserves

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has told the club’s fans to give former idol Fernando Torres the reception they think he ­deserves.

He has shunned any chance to tell fans to lay off the one-time Kop hero when he lines up against the Reds on his Chelsea debut today.

Supporters had burned replica No9 Torres shirts outside Anfield on transfer deadline day after it was revealed that the Spaniard was heading to Chelsea, ­following their £50million bid.

And looking ahead to today’s match, Dalglish said: “The fans will ­behave the way they have always behaved – they will support ­Liverpool ­Football Club.

“How they choose to do that is up to them – they don’t need me to tell them how to behave.”

Dalglish has admitted that he was disappointed by Torres’ decision to leave.

But he was quick to recall how he built a legendary ­Liverpool team after another hugely admired Reds striker left the club – and believes he can do it again.

Dalglish said: “The disappointment was there to lose Torres, but it’s no major problem for us. We got up the next day and signed two ­fantastic footballers in Andy Carroll and Luiz Suarez.”

Dalglish was handed a £57million kitty to land Carroll and Suarez ­in the aftermath of Torres’ ­departure and Liverpool’s owners seem certain to hand the Scot a long-term contract after he was initially given until the end of the season to prove he had lost none of his old magic.

Dalglish, who turns 60 next month, knows it was a big leap of faith by new owners, the Fenway Sports Group – but remembered how sacrificing Ian Rush to Juventus in 1987 enabled him to build arguably the most exciting team in the club’s history.

Dalglish said: “Whatever happens in your life, you’ve just got to move on. If we didn’t get up and move on, then it would be totally ­disrespectful to the people who support this ­football club.

“When Rushie did move, we’d ­already signed John Aldridge in the previous January. We then got John Barnes and Peter Beardsley, and in the October we signed Ray Houghton.

“ So the club moved on from losing a great player by building a great team – and that’s how it should ­always be. What do you do – sit and have a moan about it or react ­positively?”

When asked about his chances of being manager beyond the end of the season, Dalglish added: “The owners planned to invest money in the transfer window anyway – ­regardless of whether Torres was sold.

“They have put a lot of trust in the footballing staff to come up with players and I think the two players we brought in will be fantastic ­signings.

“But the owners must have a ­certain amount of trust in somebody’s judgement, mustn’t they?”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Kenny-Dalglish-has-urged-Liverpool-fans-to-give-Fernando-Torres-the-reception-he-deserves-article691559.html
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #200: Feb 06, 2011 01:21:49 am
      Intresting :)
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #201: Feb 06, 2011 03:33:24 am
      glad torres has gone. we got two young strikers was watching videos of them on you tube really gives u hope for the future. torres once his pace has gone he will just be an average player. he is just one dimensional. saurez can take penalties free kicks.think we will come out of the transfer better than chelsea over three years
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #202: Feb 06, 2011 06:52:22 am
      Does anyone else have the opinion I have, that they just don't really care...

He left.

He had his reasons.

I don't agree with them.

We signed 2 new fantastic players.

He didn't join Man U.

I moved on about 15 minutes after the news came out and I donated my Torres kit to charity.

I love the club over any player, not the other way around.

Does anyone else feel this way?
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #203: Feb 06, 2011 07:21:08 am
      The fool needs to be told who is the bigger club.Singing we have won it five times and other songs about our history should do it for me.Also we can add one more line to that famous banner....money can buy burgers for fat frank.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #204: Feb 06, 2011 07:58:05 am
      He is a sell out Judas who had no effection for our club every goal and record he scored/broke should be removed and forgotten !

Fuckoff Nando and die you c**t!
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #205: Feb 06, 2011 08:08:29 am

He left.

He had his reasons.

I don't agree with them.

He didn't join Man U.

I moved on about 15 minutes after the news came out and I donated my Torres kit to charity.

It mightt make you feel better

But then what about the reasons he signed for us in the first place

He said he'd joined the biggest club in the world

He signed 6yr contract extension
      of which was said to have the buy out clause removed cos he never wanted to leave

He stayed during the summer as there was promise of investment
      (we invest £57 million on 2 players in one day ) cant so much more that the club is moving forward and investing

I can go on all day ..but finally

I WILL NOT SIGN FOR ANOTHER ENGLISH TEAM ..........

thats the bullshit we listened to for 4 years and dont get me wrong i loved the lad i idolized him but he has lost every ounce of respect i ever had for him .You say he didnt go to United thats what hurts the most United have History Chelsea just have money !
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #206: Feb 06, 2011 08:09:57 am

He left.

He had his reasons.

I don't agree with them.

He didn't join Man U.

Oh and i still havnt moved on those sky sports ads make me feel sh*t when i see him in that blue shirt!

Quick Reply