Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Reaction to Torres on Sunday

Read 29762 times
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Re: Reaction to Torres on Sunday
      Reply #207: Feb 06, 2011 09:20:00 am
      I'm not going to be attending the game , sure m watching it on TV so i cannot really say how those going should behave regarding FT especially if he plays (I doubt it though,maybe at the end to intruce him to his new plastic fans)

Can imagine it will be strange seeing him in Blue , we loved and backed him till the end, BUT it was his choice to "file for divorce"
             Just ignore him , maybe be boo him once when he comes on, BUT keep singing and supporting our 11 reds, he is not a RED anymore, thus showing him what he walked away from, Normally our support are louder than the plastic chavs, just try to double that today ,
                   YNWA
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #208: Feb 06, 2011 09:35:24 am
       I totally understand anyone who gets stuck into him, but I must admit I think it would be absolutely class if our fans just ignored him.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #209: Feb 06, 2011 09:44:50 am
      Fuk him, but he don't deserve to get too much stick. Everybody has thier choices to make in life, he has made his, he gave us some good years.

Christ before Rafa, players like him would not have came to us, well not since the days of kenny anyway.

He scored many fine goals, was just unlucky he came in with hicks & gillett, he will get egg on his face mind you, cos we are gonna start winning sooner than he thinks.

YNWA. LFc walks on !
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #210: Feb 06, 2011 10:17:56 am
      In Mississippi they burnt things.
      In Liverpool we've his book he trousered the money for.
      NEVER burn the shirt.

El Nino? The kid.

El spoilt kid.

Anyway f*ck Sunday.

Ill be watching the Real Gone Kid    Mr Suarez.

When we go gathering Cups in May and they end up empty handed ....then he can ring up Michael Owen and ask for advice as a failure.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #211: Feb 06, 2011 10:19:35 am
      , but he don't deserve to get too much stick. Everybody has thier choices to make in life,

Here yer go mate
      http://www.chelseafc.com/
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #212: Feb 06, 2011 10:27:02 am
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #213: Feb 06, 2011 10:33:34 am
      His only chance to win a trophy this year is probably the FA Cup and that was after a 1-1 draw with Everton. Doesn't he need to play at least 19 matches for a league medal? And I don't think Chelsea is going to win the Champions League.

So with his one FA Cup and the possibility of no trophies from next season onwards since they are on the decline, he's hardly going to be remembered as a Chelsea "legend" and he definitely won't be remembered as a Liverpool one.
      shardi
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #214: Feb 06, 2011 10:45:09 am
      I really think we need to forget about Torres.

He was captain and the main man for his boyhood team and left them for us to win trophies. So now he's left us.

We should'nt waste any effort hating him. Lets get behind the club, the king and our team. LFC being a success, winning trophies is the only way to show him how wrong he was.

unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #215: Feb 06, 2011 11:21:26 am
      His only chance to win a trophy this year is probably the FA Cup and that was after a 1-1 draw with Everton. Doesn't he need to play at least 19 matches for a league medal? And I don't think Chelsea is going to win the Champions League.

So with his one FA Cup and the possibility of no trophies from next season onwards since they are on the decline, he's hardly going to be remembered as a Chelsea "legend" and he definitely won't be remembered as a Liverpool one.

He won't win the FA cup, he's ineligible!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #216: Feb 06, 2011 11:47:38 am
      No matter how many people say on their that he shouldn't be boo'd before or during the game, it is inevitable that it will happen which is a shame because i believe that we shouldn't even show him the time of day. One thing that has pissed me off the most with him is that he says he never kissed the Liverpool badge - he must suffer from memory loss because there are images of him kissing the Liverpool badge.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #217: Feb 06, 2011 11:50:18 am
      Forget You - Cee-Lo Green ( Clean Version ) HQ with lyrics !

Pretty much sums it up about torres now

Put the clean version cos dunno about the swearing rules here yet  ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #218: Feb 06, 2011 12:04:23 pm
      Does anyone else have the opinion I have, that they just don't really care...

He left.

He had his reasons.

I don't agree with them.

We signed 2 new fantastic players.

He didn't join Man U.

I moved on about 15 minutes after the news came out and I donated my Torres kit to charity.

I love the club over any player, not the other way around.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Agreed, and people forget he left madrid to win trophies with us, that was his home team, we were just a step up, hate to admit it, but right now the chavs are a step up. they are in champions league and will be again next year. We are in Europa and will be next year if we are lucky and keep playing well under kenny, so basically 2 seasons with no champions league footi for him if he stayed with us.

And the team he signed for is gone, the 2007 champions league final team. Rafa, Xabi, masch, arbs etc.. the spanish heart of our team back then is gone.

We now have a scottish heart again, and that will get us back to the top, but will take a season or 2, which he was not prepared to wait for.

But by god he has given us 2 cracking going away prezzies, suarez & Carroll for free basically.

Come on folks, take a step and take a chill pill and look to the future, give torres a clap today, and move on.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #219: Feb 06, 2011 12:04:40 pm
      No romance in football.....he obviously didn't get good advice about what to say....

Destiny is Liverpool winning today
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #220: Feb 06, 2011 12:06:01 pm
      Forget You - Cee-Lo Green ( Clean Version ) HQ with lyrics !

Pretty much sums it up about torres now

Put the clean version cos dunno about the swearing rules here yet  ;D
      It's pretty relaxed mate, as long as it isn't every other word. Anyway, I think forget you is much more appropriate in comparison to F**k you...that's how I feel anyway!
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #221: Feb 06, 2011 12:28:39 pm
      He must of been advised by the devil, never have I known manc fans hate Torres as much as we do for this move. Chelsea a big club don't make me F***ing laugh you chav.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #222: Feb 06, 2011 12:38:36 pm
      All those going should remember they are representing the club and all of our supporters, we are reknowned for respecting rival fans and players alike, Torres is now a rival and although his betrayal hurts we should rise above our anger and frustration, the best way to do that on the pitch is to go all out and beat these plastic kunts, thats what our players will be trying to do, we fans should just ignore him a sing and scream for our own and prove once again that we are the best fans on the planet, the abuse and booing will only give the Manc loving anti-Liverpool media ammuniton and reason to write more sh*te about us, F**k them and F**k Torres, he says he left because he coudl'nt wait any longer to win trophies, well, he has just added more years of wait IMO, and best of all, we can wave to him on the way down as we take over, we are on the up, Chavs are full of 30yr old has beens and are way past their prime, bye, bye Nando, you selfish kunt, you wont win sh*t with a sh*t team.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #223: Feb 06, 2011 12:52:27 pm
      As Kenny has said today, he doesn't need to tell us how to behave, we know what's expected of us.

Get behind the team, don't let them play and come away with 3 points.  Simples really  ;)

Would like to say this though.  If Torres came to Anfield for personal glory - he came to the wrong Club!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #224: Feb 06, 2011 06:36:17 pm
      So, how was it, after all? Any special songs? The Brazilian broadcasting of the game didn't let me hear the fans very well, apart from the famous songs that are easy to recognize.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #225: Feb 06, 2011 06:38:49 pm

He only needs 10 apps for his new plastic team to collect a medal but I doubt it'll be an issue anyway, if we keep our current outlook and attitude and he keeps his we'll be above them in a month :D
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #226: Feb 06, 2011 06:39:34 pm
      So, how was it, after all? Any special songs? The Brazilian broadcasting of the game didn't let me hear the fans very well, apart from the famous songs that are easy to recognize.

On tv all I could hear was booing when he touched the ball.

They said on FSC that the fans planned to turn their backs when he was announced. Not sure if they did.
      lemmiwinks
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #227: Feb 06, 2011 07:33:33 pm
      On tv all I could hear was booing when he touched the ball.

They said on FSC that the fans planned to turn their backs when he was announced. Not sure if they did.

When he was taken off there was a chant of 'you should've stayed with a real club' or something along those lines.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #228: Feb 06, 2011 07:41:25 pm
      How poor was he, can't pass no work rate. Amazing at what 50 million gets you these days.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #229: Feb 06, 2011 07:42:21 pm
      Jaysus I agree with you Gazza, he didn't have to worry about the reaction sure he was missing all game

Quick Reply