Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Boston Red Sox

Read 15562 times
      bigmack123
      • Forum Phil Babb
      • Started Topic

• 170 posts |
      Boston Red Sox
      Feb 02, 2011 04:37:15 pm
      I have a couple of questions about the connection between us and the Red Sox. They are obviously all due to the connection via NESV

1. Do you guys feel we should establish a connection with the fan base of the Red Sox?

2. Are there plans of establishing such a link?

3. Have we got any Red Sox fans on the forum?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Boston Red Sox
      Reply #1: Feb 02, 2011 04:45:34 pm
      1. Yes.

2. No idea.

3. Yes.

PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #2: Feb 02, 2011 05:13:46 pm
      Can't stand the Red Sox. I respect the organization and the owners, but Boston based teams, in general, I hate.

Or perhaps it's because I'm an Angels fan and have been knocked out of the playoffs one too many times by them...
      ephraim anyanwu
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #3: Feb 02, 2011 05:18:44 pm
      yes

maybe

yes
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #4: Feb 02, 2011 05:21:12 pm
      Anyone who hasn't seen the '30 for 30: Four Days in October' should check it out on youtube, it was their Istanbul.

I'm a partial Red Sox fan but I'm not huge into MLB anymore, I watched it a lot a few years ago. Would be nice to have a connection though, considering the fans in Boston are very passionate etc.
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #5: Feb 02, 2011 05:21:46 pm
      I have a couple of questions about the connection between us and the Red Sox. They are obviously all due to the connection via NESV

1. Do you guys feel we should establish a connection with the fan base of the Red Sox?

2. Are there plans of establishing such a link?

3. Have we got any Red Sox fans on the forum?
      Excellent thought, but complete waste of time. Soccer/footie is a notch above, excitement wise, than cricket. Be akin to NESV buying an American Ladies Soccer franchise and some one asking, "Can we bond".
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6: Feb 02, 2011 05:23:04 pm
      1. Yes
      2. Not a clue
      3. Yes
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #7: Feb 02, 2011 05:24:34 pm
      Excellent thought, but complete waste of time. Soccer/footie is a notch above, excitement wise, than cricket. Be akin to NESV buying an American Ladies Soccer franchise and some one asking, "Can we bond".

...huh?

First off, it's FOOTBALL. Secondly, it's not cricket.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #8: Feb 02, 2011 05:28:03 pm

Garbage in Garbage out.

As to the original poster question, there is already a connection...I myself never spend more then 5 minutes watching a football match, my first one watched in entirety was the first derby with the bitters, now I am hooked, so much in fact I hardly spend anytime paying attention to my Celtics or Red Sox.

Establishing a link is not a bad Idea, though I am not in Boston that would be the place to start as I do know there are several LFC bars in the area. As far as a big link, that is tough as there are far more RedSox fans that live elsewhere like myself here in Arizona, however nothing ventured nothing gained.

On a side note: Absolutely love the idea of Sweet Caroline being used as the tune for our #9...and pretty damn sure the owners would get a real kick out of it if it was chosen
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #9: Feb 02, 2011 05:28:55 pm
      He asked if we should establish a connection with the fan base, not the team.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Feb 02, 2011 05:37:29 pm
      1) Screw the Red Sox

2) Who cares, it's the Red Sox

3) See 1 and 2.

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:  ;D

I see these groups as two completely different entities, the only shared link being the owners. And yeah, the "4 Days in October" was actually more massive than Istanbul for the Red Sox, given they did it to the Yankees. They were on a massive drought. Would have been like us doing that to the Mancs in the finals ;)
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #11: Feb 02, 2011 05:44:51 pm
      ...huh?

First off, it's FOOTBALL. Secondly, it's not cricket.
      Read my post slowly. Don't rush. Then evaluate my post. Now don't think too much, you are not a bright person. I'll also let you into a secret, I used the term footie because in North America, football is a different sport to the football you know. Again, read slowly....absorb slowly, match starts in a couple of hours,
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #12: Feb 02, 2011 07:40:14 pm
      Aziz is on one again, how are you majid?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #13: Feb 02, 2011 08:11:04 pm
      World Series - Game 2 - Sweet Caroline - October 25, 2007

Sweet Carroll 9
      Oh Oh Oh
      Scoring never looked so good
      So good So good So good
      Goals all the time
      Oh Oh Oh
      Just like Kenny said he would

(Whilst swaying back & forth sing the Na na na's)
      Na na na, na na na na na, na na na, na na na na na

Ohh Ohh Ohh (rising)
      Sweet Carroll 9
      Oh Oh Oh
      Him and Suarez look so good
      So good So good So good
      Goals all the time
      Oh Oh Oh
      Just like Kenny said they would, would, would (and fade)

© Siannn (RAWK)

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #14: Feb 02, 2011 08:35:54 pm
      As a supporter of the Toronto Blue Jays I sure hope not :D
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #15: Feb 02, 2011 10:53:54 pm
      I am a life long Red Sox fan, my great grandmother watched Ted Williams, and my father watched Carl Yastrezemski. The Red Sox fans are so very much like us. As a member of both Red Sox Nation and a Liverpool supporter I can tell you that if we connect the two fan bases we will be the two most powerful teams in sports in the world.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16: Feb 02, 2011 11:25:14 pm
      We might as well connect the two because boy will it help both teams massively in terms of dosh.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #17: Feb 02, 2011 11:27:56 pm
      Being a massive Yankees' fan, I have to give the obligatory Boston Sucks!  :f_whistle:

Now that we have that out of the way there may already well be a strong connection and if you are looking for a place to reach out there is a large supporters group located in Boston.

http://www.lfcboston.com/
      (They also have a fairly active Twitter account @LFCBoston)

If you live in Boston your a Red Sox fan 99% of the time, so if you are looking to either talk about LFC and the Red Sox and get interested in Baseball, that would be a good place to look.

YNWA
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #18: Feb 03, 2011 01:13:18 am
      World Series - Game 2 - Sweet Caroline - October 25, 2007

Sweet Carroll 9
      Oh Oh Oh
      Scoring never looked so good
      So good So good So good
      Goals all the time
      Oh Oh Oh
      Just like Kenny said he would

(Whilst swaying back & forth sing the Na na na's)
      Na na na, na na na na na, na na na, na na na na na

Ohh Ohh Ohh (rising)
      Sweet Carroll 9
      Oh Oh Oh
      Him and Suarez look so good
      So good So good So good
      Goals all the time
      Oh Oh Oh
      Just like Kenny said they would, would, would (and fade)

© Siannn (RAWK)

I love it!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #19: Feb 03, 2011 02:11:29 am
      Read my post slowly. Don't rush. Then evaluate my post. Now don't think too much, you are not a bright person. I'll also let you into a secret, I used the term footie because in North America, football is a different sport to the football you know. Again, read slowly....absorb slowly, match starts in a couple of hours,

Okay, read slowly... i know you musn't be too bright either, because being a Liverpool forum im pretty sure everyone here knows what football is when talking about Liverpool and thus i stand by what i said. Secondly, you completely ignored what i said about it not being cricket. And i also follow American football, so i understand it's different.

Now i did not insult you at all in my post did i? I just had no idea what you were on about really apart from saying it wouldn't work. But you felt the need to be a complete arse and give me sh*t about not being bright.

Whatever, i used to feel the need to give sh*t back, but why bother? People that bite straight away like you make yourselves look like idiots, no need for me to do anything else as im sure every proper red out there who read your post thought the same as me.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #20: Feb 03, 2011 02:14:55 am
      Okay, read slowly... I know you musn't be too bright either, because being a Liverpool forum im pretty sure everyone here knows what football is when talking about Liverpool and thus I stand by what I said. Secondly, you completely ignored what I said about it not being cricket. And I also follow American football, so I understand it's different.

Now I did not insult you at all in my post did I? I just had no idea what you were on about really apart from saying it wouldn't work. But you felt the need to be a complete arse and give me sh*t about not being bright.

Whatever, I used to feel the need to give sh*t back, but why bother? People that bite straight away like you make yourselves look like idiots, no need for me to do anything else as im sure every proper red out there who read your post thought the same as me.

Big -1
      Aziz -0

Game. Set. Match.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #21: Feb 03, 2011 02:34:16 am
      1) Screw the Red Sox

2) Who cares, it's the Red Sox

3) See 1 and 2.

I agree. who cares? first of all. its baseball. Guys running around in tight pyjamas and touching each others bums. We have the same owners, so what? would be better if we tried to build a connection with another football club aboard. A mutual respect of some kind.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #22: Feb 03, 2011 03:39:05 am
      Moved to the Albert.

Quick Reply