Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your man of the match?

Reina
      (0%)
      Kelly
      (2.7%)
      Kyrgiakos
      (7%)
      Skrtel
      (0%)
      Agger
      (5.9%)
      Johnson
      (0.5%)
      Lucas
      (4.8%)
      Gerrard
      (16.7%)
      Aurelio
      (0%)
      Meireles
      (12.9%)
      Kuyt
      (40.9%)
      Suarez
      (8.6%)

Liverpool 2-0 Stoke: In-game and Post Match Jubilation Thread

Read 42652 times
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Stoke: In-game and Post Match Jubilation Thread
      Reply #736: Feb 03, 2011 10:34:47 am
      Great feeling, all smiles, so made up for Suarez....The desire, fighting spirit is back, I canno't wait for Sunday, neither are the player, you can tell.

Ans when I think that we have a massive oak wardrobe still to be delivered on the pitch in the next few weeks..:D happy days!!
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #737: Feb 03, 2011 10:46:26 am
      MOTM is nearly impossible...

Kuyt's work effort was amazingly impressive, even by his own standards! Shame he didn't really get a clear-cut chance.  He showed Torres how to play as a lone striker.  He will probably finish his career here as our back-up striker?

Kyrgiakos was outstanding, dealt with Carew with ease
      Skrtel looked much better last night, I loved his run forward :lmao:
      Johnson is a different player on the left under Kenny and Kelly as RB was phenomenal again, can't begin to express how impressed I am.

Lucas is trying to replace Alonso, spraying some cracking balls around the park - good to see

Tempted to give it to Suarez, he looked amazing plus he scored... but that is sly on the rest of the team.  The only player I could not give it to is Pepe ;D

In the end, I gave it to the Greek :)
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #738: Feb 03, 2011 10:50:55 am
      Delighted with that result. Stoke are always a tought team to play against and thought we were much better than them and didn't make too many defensive errors. Kuyt and Meireles for me were the stand out performers and Kelly again consistant as ever. But the most important thing was Suarez scoring on his debut, and to think he's not even trained with the squad yet, is impressive. When he came on, not just the goal but his first touch, technique on the ball, passes, and overall movement off the ball was exceptional. £22.6 million or whatever it was well spent by King Kenny.
      MickyMetal
      • Banned
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #739: Feb 03, 2011 10:52:07 am
      MOTM is nearly impossible...

In the end, I gave it to the Greek :)

Stan Collymore on Talksport also gave MOTM to the big Greek - he put in a commanding performance as point man in our back three (as Stan put it).
      Carroll9
      • Banned

• 324 posts |
      Reply #740: Feb 03, 2011 11:16:31 am
      Bit of a boring game, I hate Stoke so much, poo team who put 11 men behind the ball. We had tons of possession but did little with it due to all those yard dogs sitting on there 18yard box. Alot of the time we were passing sideways and looked abit clueless in my opinion.

Motm for me was Kuyt. Played well on his own upfront. Great to see Suarez for 20minutes, played well when he came on considering the pace of the prem and the fact were playing one of the most competitive teams in the league. He showed a few bits of class and linked well with the players.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #741: Feb 03, 2011 11:39:26 am

Only gripe about the game? Stupid commentator with his 'You have to feel sorry for Hodgson..' - seriously, go f**k yourself you dumb tw*t.

i was steaming when he said that. what a pathetic, two faced little sh!t. clearly knows sod all about the game. shouldn't be allowed to commentate.

reminded me about the wolves game when the sky pundit was spouting "it's not roy's fault, he inherited this poor squad". well...the "poor squad" seems to doing alright under kenny don't it u utter p*** flap
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #742: Feb 03, 2011 11:43:23 am
      Watched the game twice now - yeah I know I can't get enough of it since Kenny came back  ;D

Absolutely fantastic to see the desire and passion back but also to see good attacking football again.

So hard to pick a MOTM when the whole team played so well but I went for Stevie.  He's back to his best, was all over the pitch, driving forward again, must have been getting him down having sulky pants dragging everyone down.

The best thing for me though is that I feel like I've gone back 20/30years to the Liverpool of old.  We fear nobody, we have a game plan on how to win games - regardless of who we play, the belief is back, the team spirit is back, more importantly Liverpool FC are back.

No I'm not getting carried away, I'm genuinely that confident.  Top 4 isn't a pipedream anymore, it's a real possibility, which in itself is amazing when you think where we were less than 4 weeks ago.  We have still to play everyone above us and from what I've seen of them so far we can beat all of them - home or away.

As for Suarez - Oh! My!  Quality is quality, no need for him taking a few games to settle in, he looked like he always played for us.  Not even trained with the team yet instincively knew his team mates were or where the space was.

Love it, just fu**in' love it!!

Fernando who??
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #743: Feb 03, 2011 11:47:54 am
      I thought it was an impressive performance, but it was Stoke City at the end of the day not Man u, Chelsea, Arsenal or one of the top teams. We beat Stoke 4-0 last season (sandwiched between two defeats against better teams) so lets not get too carried away. We need to start beating the top sides if we are to progress further up the table, starting with Chelsea.

After our first half of the season nightmare, it looks like we are starting to play like Liverpool again, Suarez looked good and looks to be made for pass and move football. Get a result against Chelsea and I think we can look forward to the rest of the season with confidence, get pasted and the doubts and worries will return.

I thought the team looked more like a TEAM than I have seen in a long while, and it was harder finding someone who played poorly rather than someone who played well....... always a good sign. 

Overjoyed that we won, but tempered with the fact that beating Stoke , Fulham and Wolves doesn't mean our worries are behind us, but beat Chelsea and I think we are well on our way to recovery.       
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #744: Feb 03, 2011 11:52:10 am
      It was a good TEAM performance patient and positive.Unlike a month ago we didnt panic and let them sneak a goal.We pinned them back and if necessary went backwards to Pepe and started again which against Stoke is the right thing to do.
      Every player had responsibilty for his own performance so if that meant Skyrtl driving through their midfield then so be it.
      when was the last time we had a run of 3 games 3 wins and 3 clean sheets.
      Sunday will be different of course but as long as we play as a team and get stuck in we can come away with something.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #745: Feb 03, 2011 11:54:52 am
      just thought the lads were having fun tonight good passing team worked hard all the game. we have an excellent striker in saurez who can match his prolific scoring rate. and he scores first game. kenny really knows how to man manage as compared to hodgson. master stroke of genius to get rid of torres. now we have two young strikers who have a lot of potential and who want to play for the reds.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 60 
      Reply #746: Feb 03, 2011 11:57:27 am
      I thought Gerrard put in his best shift in a long long time and was my mom,and the passing and  movement of the team was great to see,and kenny has to take the credit for the way he has turned this team around and got them playing again,roll on sunday.i can't wait.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #747: Feb 03, 2011 12:02:49 pm
      Managed to get a decent stream to watch the game, decent team performance all round, The team looked more like the side of old with a great debut from Suarez.Looks like the side are finally moving forward under kenny.
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #748: Feb 03, 2011 12:23:23 pm
      Kuyt's work rate Impressed as per usual. He looked good up top. The whole team seemed to flow better, better passing, more creative passing, just better in all repects. Really glad Suarez came on and made some impact straight away. I.couldn't have been more happy for him.

Thanks King Kenny, you have restored the passion once more.

YNWA
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #749: Feb 03, 2011 01:46:37 pm
      Not a bad game, with form like this I feel like we can beat anyone! I voted for Agger as MOTM as he was outstanding IMO, always in the action and showed that when he's good he's one of the best (or maybe he's just worried about his position with Carra's imminent return) regardless he was a constant menace to Stoke and even their defence got hasstled by him a few times!

Now I know it's Chelsea and we have to be careful of who we pick to mark Drogba and HIM, but why not go for something similar again? one thing I like about Kenny so far is that he's got the balls to try something new and not just reliant on a tried and tested method to win games, you have to respect any manager who does that and gets a decent result!

Bring on the world!
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #750: Feb 03, 2011 01:48:00 pm
      People we're only in second gear you better believe it!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #751: Feb 03, 2011 01:57:43 pm
      Totally different team play. No where is Torres, no where, hoof. Pass and move, Pass and move.

Kuyt for me seemed to have a new lease of life. I wonder if we have been held back?

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #752: Feb 03, 2011 02:01:25 pm
      Chuffed to high F***ing heavens.

We're flying under Kenny, he's allowing all the players to express themselves which is why we're performing so well. No restrictions in the way we play, just use the space available. God it like rolling back the years.

All players played well, some putting in their best performances of the year - Kuyt and Johnson in particular. Over the moon for Suarez an all. But F**k it, all the lads done well. Special mention to Pepe on surpassing Elisha Scott's clean sheet record as well.

3 straight wins, 3 straight clean sheets and well on our way to climbing the table.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,446 posts | 4584 
      Reply #753: Feb 03, 2011 02:03:49 pm
      Im really looking forward to the rest of the season,once kenny gets us fine tuned oh god will we see slick pass and move football,the kind i was bought up on.

As for next season i will predict us as leauge winners.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #754: Feb 03, 2011 02:08:17 pm
      Totally different team play. No where is Torres, no where, hoof. Pass and move, Pass and move.

Kuyt for me seemed to have a new lease of life. I wonder if we have been held back?

Sometimes when you have a very quick forward the urgency to play the ball up to them too quickly, can adversely affect your build up play (as Everton found with Lineker) so it may not be quite as crazy as it sounds to think we might be better off without Torres .

Always assuming that we don't fall into the other trap of just hoofing it forward because we now have a "big lad " upfront.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #755: Feb 03, 2011 02:09:42 pm
      As for next season I will predict us as leauge winners.

To be honest it'd just be nice to still be involved in April, but I do feel really positive about the future under Kenny.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #756: Feb 03, 2011 02:12:07 pm
      Have to say as well, what a f**king scary thought Hodgson wanted to replace Agger with Huth. Is he really that f**king clueless.

Lot of rumours around the internet that the Americans were disappointed they didn't add more players this January and that they have told Kenny and Damien Comoli to identify the players they want in the Summer and they will try and buy them money no object, an open cheque book.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #757: Feb 03, 2011 02:14:07 pm
      Anyone see Carroll smiling and Comolli high-fiving when Suarez scored.  Comedy moment that.

I think he had a bet on him to score ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,446 posts | 4584 
      Reply #758: Feb 03, 2011 02:19:55 pm
      Have to say as well, what a f**king scary thought Hodgson wanted to replace Agger with Huth. Is he really that f**king clueless.

Lot of rumours around the internet that the Americans were disappointed they didn't add more players this January and that they have told Kenny and Damien Comoli to identify the players they want in the Summer and they will try and buy them money no object, an open cheque book.

Jizz alert. ;D

Quick Reply