Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Mancs v Chelsea

Read 2786 times
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,375 posts |
      Mancs v Chelsea
      Aug 05, 2007 02:09:12 pm
      Community Shield today - not too fussed might catch the end as I prepare myself for the Liverpool game.

Apparently the Mancs aren't unveiling any of their summer signings while Chelsea are throwing their new boys in?

I know it's a Sunday. And if there is a God. Any chance of a 22 man brawl?
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Re: Mancs v Chelsea
      Reply #1: Aug 05, 2007 02:42:52 pm
      How good that would be mass brawling,multiple injuries.etc.Some great news already for us,Terry could be out for a month!And Drogba has picked up a niggle and is doubtful for the start of the season,i am devastated NOT!!!!!!!
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #2: Aug 05, 2007 02:55:53 pm
      Couldn't care less. To be honest I will watch it, just because I'm so deprived of football (except for the Sky games, which have been a welcome relief). It'll be interesting to see the new Manc team if they do play the likes of Nani and Anderson. I've never seen em play before, so it'll be good to see what we are up against.
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #3: Aug 05, 2007 03:21:05 pm
      Quote from BBC
      1511: There's a bit of bite. Wayne Rooney barges over Ashley Cole as they chase a pass over the top and then hurdles over his prostrate England team-mate. Cole slaps out petulantly at Rooney's buttocks in response.

o.O

I always knew it...
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #4: Aug 05, 2007 07:05:55 pm
      So the manc skum bt the Chelsea skum 3-0 on penalties.
      It's good to see that the Chelsea player's can't take a penalty maybe it's a sign of things to come.

This was a match that is a clear indication of Chelsea's incompetence and could serve as a wake up call to Mourinho with the new season starting on Saturday.

Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #5: Aug 05, 2007 09:47:20 pm
      It was a clear indication for me that once again the premierships defences will be quaking at the thought of C.Ronaldo coming at them this year. Seriously, as much as I hate the arrogant tw*t, he is a superb player. The speed he dribbles at is immense, and he can still do all the tricks out there whilst he's sprinting along. An amazing player, and an amazing twit, but there you go....
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Aug 05, 2007 11:05:28 pm
      I only seen the first half and bits of the second half. One thing that struck me was the way Giggs put the ball in the net. I wonder sometimes if we take too much time in situations like that, rather than just going for the kill straight away.

Means nothing really. But the mancs have one more Charity Shield than us now. Let's hope we get it back level after winning the league......although the way things are looking for us at the moment, we'll more likely be playing at Wembley after winning the FA Cup.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6708 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7: Aug 06, 2007 09:39:33 am
      Yeah, I watched it too......frantic game end to end stuff and as much as I hate to say it, there was two quality goals.....Giggs' one was just sublime....putting in the back of the net the way he did....just picked his spot and bam. Then Malouda's was absoulte quality....when he scored the 1st thing that went through my head was geez...I wish Riise or Kewell could do something like that...he made Ferdinand look like a bigger tw*t than what he already looks like. ;)  Absolute quality goal but in the end I think Edwin Van Der Saar did the right thing by all LFC supporters by sticking his boots up and getting him straight in the groin. It was lovely to see him rolling around on the ground in agony...that's what he gets for going to a club for the money instead of going to a great club like ours, purely for the love of playing the game.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: Aug 07, 2007 10:07:12 pm
      Well, typical me, I missed the goals because I was in work, I watched the 2nd half in Varsity in town, then I went to pick up my bf from work at 5 so had to leave before the pens.. haha!
      I just love watching football me!
      I didn't want Chelsea to win, so was glad the Mancs beat them, but I didn't wanna see them lifting the trophy anyways.
      Oh and at least it wasn't as boring as the shittest game I've ever seen in my life back in May!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #9: Aug 08, 2007 01:12:16 pm
      Malouda looked superb. Shame he snubbed us.  He would have been 'exactly' the kind of player we needed.  Lets hope Babel lives up to the price tag.

Didn't watch the whole game but they both looked full of running and let's hope it's not the same line up for next years Comm Shield.

Quick Reply