Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Keeping the Keeper

Read 44869 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Keeping the Keeper
      Reply #437: Mar 05, 2011 01:41:29 am
      We'll become the laughing stock? Some people should seriously stop caring what other people think, especially what people from those clubs think. Even if he goes, just a minor bump, we're coming back to where we belong, with or without him.

Common sense isn't it.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #438: Mar 05, 2011 03:03:34 am
      There is no scenario where Kenny would let him go to the Mancs. He understands how the all the fans around the world as well as the red half of the city of Liverpool would take it if he was the man at the helm when the first transfer between Liverpool and Manchester United were to take place since 1964.  ie.  :f_steam: :f_doh: :f_wah:

If he goes somewhere, it will be Arsenal, Man City or Tottenham in that order. I hope he doesn't go but if he does life will go on.
      Unfortunately Kenny or anyone else at our club has no say in the matter if the Mancs pay up the 20 million set in his release fee clause.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #439: Mar 05, 2011 03:15:13 am
      Unfortunately Kenny or anyone else at our club has no say in the matter if the Mancs pay up the 20 million set in his release fee clause.
      Sadly true :(

Ferguson would love to take him too!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #440: Mar 05, 2011 03:31:08 am
      I love Pepe, absolutely love him. But like Torres, if he wants to go - and the mancs as well - then F**k him, we'll be alright. He's not the first great keeper we have had, nor will he be the last.

To those saying we'll be laughing stock, have more pride in your F***ing team and stop thinking about petty sh*t like that.

We are Liverpool. We don't give a sh*t what others think, because we are better than them.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #441: Mar 05, 2011 05:15:08 am
      "...Torres, Mascherano, Xabi Alonso … they were the foundation stone of a competitive Liverpool team. And now they're not here"

This says it all, three of the best players in the world have left and not been replaced...[except Suarez for Torres maybe].

Spending 70-100 million to get some real quality replacements at the club will show the ambition Pepe is talking about, but I dont think the owners have that to spend. Especially after wasting 35 million on a player yet to prove himself in the top flight [25 mill over his value IMO].

Champions league football is a pipe dream for Liverpool at the moment, he knows that too, so he feels the same as Torres did, time to chse his dream elsewhere.

We will all be sad to see him go, particualrly to the scum, but we carry on regardless, the club is bigger than one man, even if that man is the rock that has prevented us from embarressment many many times.

PS:
      I read that Robinson is being looked at as a replacement, F**k off.!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #442: Mar 05, 2011 07:09:57 am
      I think he has been poor this season. If we can get £20M then there is no reason we cannot bring in another goalkeeper who does want to play for the club - unreservedly, no matter what.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #443: Mar 05, 2011 07:31:01 am
      Don't see anything wrong in what he he said. He speaks highly of the club, knows what we're about and is not making false promises because he respects us too much to lie to us.

And is this 20m clause confirmed or is it still paper talk we're going by?
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #444: Mar 05, 2011 09:07:19 am
      That he even can suggest the scum are a possibility fucks me off. Yeah you right Pepe no loyalty anymore especially from you.  Maybe you haven't learn the Liverpool way yet Pepe and kenny not had the chance to educate you. But coming out with such sh*te interviews may see you F***ing off wether you want to stay or not.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #445: Mar 05, 2011 09:36:50 am
      To be honest I dont beleive the man utd quote;

If much of what Reina says about Torres applies to himself, there is one thing that does not. Torres ruled out United. Asked whether he would do the same, Reina replies: "No player can ever say no to anything."

I wonder if this is a slight misquote or creative journlism. Was the direct question - would you go to united?

A lot of things need to happen for this to go through. Firstly Man Utd need to make an offer that Liverpool accept, then Pepe needs to agree a deal. To be honest I doubt we will accept any offer from them. Just like players from Real dont often go to Barca, or from Inter to AC Milan, Rangers to Celtic I dont think Pepe will go to Utd.

Could Arsenal come after him, and would that be as bad? Well yes they could and yes it would. Arsenal have the cash (more so than utd, who could be in dire straights) and the need for a new keeper!

One thing I will say, and I expect to be talked down for saying it. I have respect for Renia after this interview. He has not 'engineered a move' he has been honest. As fans we expect players to have the same love for the club we do. They dont - especially foreign players. As Assou-Ekotto said in the sport this week ''many players are not honest. I hear them say: 'oh, I love this shirt, I grew up dreaming of playing for this team...' come on we are not stupid my friend..! You grew up in spain or france and dreamed of playing for this club?!*

Now I agree in the 70' & 80's we were dominating europe and players did hear about us, but as a young lad I had heard of Barca & Milan (the milan side of the 80's was awesome) but I dreamt of scoring the winner against utd at Wembley in the FA cup. How many of my friends would dream about playing for Juve?! None!

At least he has bene honest and is not going to kiss the badge then walk away. That is low class and im glad that he has said how it is - not blown sunshine up our arses. If he goes, we reinvest - one day he will leave, sooner or later and we will need to get a keeper. If he wants out let him go. His body language this weekend agains utd will say it all - just like Torres did against the chavs last time we played them before he left...

And with regards to the proposed £20 Million get out clause, that didnt apply for Torres so I doubt its the same for Pepe,!

*cant find a weblink but its a free paper my missus get me from London each friday, interview on page 23   
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #446: Mar 05, 2011 09:42:32 am
      "Well," he smiles, face lit by the lamps lining the path to the Spain team's residence where those former club-mates Arbeloa, Alonso and Torres await him, "not exactly: I have got 24 Liverpool team-mates, you know.

So an interview done when Pepe last met up with the Spain squad and released the day before a big game, have you lads not learned anything.  :roll:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #447: Mar 05, 2011 09:44:27 am
      "Well," he smiles, face lit by the lamps lining the path to the Spain team's residence where those former club-mates Arbeloa, Alonso and Torres await him, "not exactly: I have got 24 Liverpool team-mates, you know.

So an interview done when Pepe last met up with the Spain squad and released the day before a big game, have you lads not learned anything.  :roll:

Aye, true that.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #448: Mar 05, 2011 09:55:25 am
      Exactly, RLB, as I'd already said. We get these things before every game against the scum or chavs. It sells papers.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,392 posts | 1025 
      Reply #449: Mar 05, 2011 10:21:59 am
      As has been said , old interview , released just before Manu game and  intended to ruffle feathers and sell papers.
      Pepe is a Liverpool player , he will be a Liverpool player tomorrow , and tomorrow we play Manu , that's the truth and that's all that matters !
      What is in the future , is in the future , none of us know what will happen , but as we have seen with 'He who will not be named ' this football club carries on.
       Let's focus on beating the Mancs tomorrow and putting a huge dent in Fergies masterplan ' To knock them off their f*ckin' perch '.
      Onwards and upwards Redmen.

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #450: Mar 05, 2011 11:16:38 am
      Have to say extremely annoyed he hasn't ruled out Utd, no top player has gone between the clubs in donkey years. Reina will become the top hate figure for the club if he even considers it.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #451: Mar 05, 2011 11:17:00 am
      Want to see him smile like that again  :f_wah:

Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #452: Mar 05, 2011 11:37:51 am
      Am I the only one who's a bit pissed off with Pep now? I mean he's one of my favourite players...but by the same token, my parents always taught me if you've nothing good to say, don't say anything at all!! I can't believe he would come out with this kind of stuff on the eve of the United game! I just hope it doesn't damage player morale. Reina...I love you...but either put up or shut up!!
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #453: Mar 05, 2011 11:38:53 am
      Damn, these comments are not good at all. Seems like all spanish players are leaving the ship  >:(
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #454: Mar 05, 2011 11:41:49 am
      Damn, these comments are not good at all. Seems like all spanish players are leaving the ship  >:(

Am I the only one who's a bit pissed off with Pep now? I mean he's one of my favourite players...but by the same token, my parents always taught me if you've nothing good to say, don't say anything at all!! I can't believe he would come out with this kind of stuff on the eve of the United game! I just hope it doesn't damage player morale. Reina...I love you...but either put up or shut up!!

He's the last of the Spanish Ironclad...
      --
      I totally agree.. On Sunday there's the most important match of this year, and Pepe said this think.

Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #455: Mar 05, 2011 11:50:47 am
      I think Reina is definitely considering his options.

As every player has the right to do. Also think to an extent this is the result of the previous owners, the players like us had so many promises that never materalised. This will be a big summer for the new owners, they could help themselves by actually making decisions before we reach the end of the season. Such as a new CEO which we are still waiting for, who is going to be our manager we still don't know for sure. A player like Pepe will be impatient, to see the new owners act quickly and decively but they don't seem to do that.

At the end of the day though we only need players who are prepared to play for the shirt, if Pepe doesn't then he will have to be replaced, but I think he will be harder to replace than Torres. If it does come to this  people I suggest you use the biggest amount of venom on the idiot who decided it was a good idea to put a 20 million release clause on all of our top players, thank you Mr Purslime.
      ]
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #456: Mar 05, 2011 11:57:15 am
      Reina has at least 10 years left at the top don't know what his rush is, he is not in the same position as Torres
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #457: Mar 05, 2011 11:59:10 am
      Pepe didn't say anything that he has not already said. OK he want's to win trophies blah blah... we heard that already. I to love him but if he wants to go then good bye.

What pisses me the most is that fact that this interview was made God knows when and they decided to post it today, I mean today of all days. And the way it's written/ edited where the reporter gives more his opinion then what Pepe have to say, and the constant pointing out at the ''but'' word, Pepe likes to use this word often, so F***ing what you tw*t?

And as like Pepe says maybe us fans should stop putting players on pedestals and treat them as they are Gods cause it's obvious that they don't deserve it, and as it was already shown in previous cases the romance is dead, so stop F***ing kissing badges and do what you are paid to do play the game.   
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #458: Mar 05, 2011 12:10:53 pm
      Although i am not happy with the comments, i do admire him for his honesty. I mean, how many times have we heard players say "i am not going to leave" and then they F**k off elsewere.....Torres and Owen anyone ??? Football is football and whatever happens, he is still a Liverpool player who i ahve huge respect for. If he decides to leave, we are LFC and well have to move on.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #459: Mar 05, 2011 12:12:43 pm
      Ya but what Liverpool players have gone straight from Liverpool to Utd, I don't commend him for that and have to say I'm not one F***ing bit impressed

Quick Reply