Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Keeping the Keeper

Read 44883 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Re: Keeping the Keeper
      Reply #46: Feb 04, 2011 05:01:27 pm
      Something about pepe tells me he wont walk out on us like the rest,he knows how much he was not appreciated in spain and its only when rafa bought him to the shores of lfc did the world take notice and that is what pepe knows most.

I have no fear on manure or gooners putting in bids because after the torres farce im sure kenny would have pulled him to one side and told him watch and learn from torre's mistake.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #47: Feb 04, 2011 05:15:35 pm
      BTW Luis Suarez talks spanish too and isn't a c**t so I'll guess he'll be less lonely then with Torres in the team TBH.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #48: Feb 04, 2011 05:25:21 pm
      No way is he going to go to Utd and F**k me when Fabergas fucks off in the Summer Arsenal will be fu**ed. We have a much brighter future than Arsenal
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #49: Feb 04, 2011 05:53:47 pm
      Barca could come calling again. Keeper probably is their weakest area, if any, and Valdes is still a good keeper.
      Just my opinion, but I think Valdes is pish.

Don't think many clubs have the money it'd take to sign Pepe though. I hope he can see what we are building and stays, top keeper and top man.

Barcelona fans idolize Valdes he's Catalan not a hope would they buy Reina.
      LFCkl
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 365 posts |
      Reply #50: Feb 04, 2011 06:13:18 pm
      I believe Pepe "didn't seem happy" on Wednesday as one of his best mates had just left the club, sort of imagining Gerrard without Carragher. But he'll move on and get over it like we have.

As long as we finish above 6th I pray to God he will stay with us.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,372 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #51: Feb 04, 2011 06:44:56 pm
      I adore Pepe. Unbelievable keeper. Id love to think hes here for life.

Fact is though theres nothing definite about any player staying at any club. If he is to leave I would hope its for reasons we could all understand and not a bullshit reason

Really though the club always looses great players and survives. In some cases we replace great players with greater ones. Dont be too down about players youll get over them.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,296 posts | 940 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #52: Feb 04, 2011 08:26:39 pm
      Hope Pepe stays he is a great keeper, and breaths confidance throught the team
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #53: Feb 04, 2011 10:01:46 pm
      I'm not going down the road of praying and hoping that he will stay after all the torres sh*te.
      If he goes we will miss him like crazy but no one is irreplaceable.
      Beth♥TrueRed
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts |
      • Walk on, with hope in your heart ♥ And YNWA ♥
      Reply #54: Feb 04, 2011 10:29:07 pm
      We all hope he's gonna stay.. But who knows..
      I don't think he'll follow Torres only cause he's his friend, Pepe's not a 6-year-old! He's been here for more than 5 years..
      Looks like he cares about us and he loves our club, well that's what it seems and I thought the same about somedy else..
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • JĂ¼rgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #55: Feb 04, 2011 10:59:40 pm
      Why wouldn't he stay. Just because the Spanish Armada have jumped ship don't mean Pepe will do one either.
      If i believe in 1 loyal foreign player we have right now is our future captain then that is Pepe. No player has hated
      seen a goal conceded against or celebrate a goal for us. That is Pepe :kop5cf8koxp6:
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #56: Feb 05, 2011 08:24:14 am
      Hopefully by the end of the season Pepe will have seen enough progress to convince him we are moving quickly enough.

Unlike Torre$, he will never join one of our rivals.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #57: Feb 05, 2011 08:31:02 am
      Pepe will probably have the same feelings as us about Torres leaving ,He only a few weeks ago said he was commited to the club and signed a new contract he loves this club .

kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #58: Feb 05, 2011 09:21:36 am
      The lad is Liverpool through and through and to be honest his departure would hurt more than whatisname did.
      There's some bullshit in one of the rags about manUre contemplating a bid, f**k me that would hurt.

That "story" was in the Metro Stuey so wouldnt worry mate
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #59: Feb 05, 2011 09:53:06 am

Get 4th place.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #60: Feb 05, 2011 10:02:14 am
      Rumours were a split in the dressing room with Pepe and Torres on one side, like I say rumours but they have been doing the rounds for months. But if true I can see him following his mate out the door maybe even to the same club.

Hope he doesn't though.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,765 posts | 7184 
      Reply #61: Feb 05, 2011 12:44:56 pm
      No way will Kenny allow the tea lady to join UTD so no chance of Pepe going there.
      A good run in and a final of the Europa Cup will make him feel a lot better. I also think he will be determined NOT to let Torres score tomorrow.
      We will have 11 players determined to show they are as good as Chelsea they will have 1 trying to prove the opposite.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Jose Reina Player Thread
      Reply #62: Feb 08, 2011 07:59:24 am
      Not sure where to put this and don't know how credible this is but what this all about  ???

Reina ready to join Manchester United

Pepe Reina has admitted that he would love to leave Liverpool to move to arch-rivals Manchester United.

In a stunning development, the Anfield custodian has refused to rule out a move to take over Edwin van der Sar after this season at Old Trafford, according to reports in the Sun.

When probed about his interest in a move to United on Spanish radio station Onda Cero, Reina admitted: "Yes, well Van der Sar will hang up his gloves in the summer so of course they are looking.

"I can't do anything. I can't say anything logically as I have a contract with Liverpool.

"Of course one likes to fight for titles and be in a team that does that.

"We always fought to be in the Champions League and try to win the title.

"But unfortunately it hasn't been the case in the last couple of years."

The Spaniard admitted he would look for a move away from the club if Liverpool failed to nab a UEFA Champions League place again this season.

Reina said: "I won't lie, I want to play in the Champions League and challenge for titles.

Further reports indicate that Sir Alex Ferguson could pay the £20 million in the Spanish World Cup winner's get-out clause at Anfield in order to secure the goalkeeper.

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item578456/Reina-ready-to-join-Manchester-United/
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #63: Feb 08, 2011 08:04:32 am
      He'll never join United and we would never sell to Unites.
      Red Uruk-hai
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #64: Feb 08, 2011 09:05:30 am
      Well if pepe leaves that will be the end of the spanish armada :f_wah:
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #65: Feb 08, 2011 09:11:00 am
      Straight from Van de Sar's mouth-Reina's taking his place at the end of this season.
      Having said that players don't always have the best information.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #66: Feb 08, 2011 09:14:27 am
      YAWN.The nasty scousers have beaten chavski and crap storys come out from the southern mafia media,the F***ing s*n FFS.Of course all players want to play in the chumps league,where does it quote i want to join scum,nowhere thats where and it wouldnt F***ing happen anyway
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #67: Feb 08, 2011 09:14:27 am
      If he is even thinking about joining the Scum then let him. If he is thinking like that then he doesn't want to be here.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #68: Feb 08, 2011 09:16:45 am
      Firstly... "according to reports in the ***"

Secondly, we were led to believe that Arsenal had a £25m bid rejected last summer, so I find it highly unlikely that he was a £20m get-out clause.  Okay, we were not selling major assets then (due to being in the sale process) but we let Masch go after all.

Thirdly, if you read what Pepe actually said, he says he was to play CL and challenge for titles, that does not mean he wants to play for Utd.  Sh*te journalism.

Fourthly, that was a bad translation, the use of the word 'logically' in the first sentence makes no sense.

Quick Reply