Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Keeping the Keeper

Read 44146 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Keeping the Keeper
      Reply #460: Mar 05, 2011 12:15:24 pm
      I can't believe he would come out with this kind of stuff on the eve of the United game! I just hope it doesn't damage player morale. Reina...I love you...but either put up or shut up!!

He hasn't this is from the last time he was with the Spain squad. About a month ago.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #461: Mar 05, 2011 12:15:32 pm
      But he hasn't moved to the Scum. A reporter asked him and he said 'I don't know, no one knows what can happen in the future.' That's a fair and reasonable answer. I doubt Owen would ever of imagine playing for the Mancs but he did. So this response alleviates the pressure on him giving a straight answer that he could be judged more harshly on in the future.

I've no doubts Liverpool is in his heart, and he won't shaft us and leave us in an uncomfortable position should he move on.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #462: Mar 05, 2011 12:17:32 pm
      He should be saying no straight away to Utd though Crouch, none of there players would come out and say what he did if asked if they would consider moving to us
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #463: Mar 05, 2011 12:18:19 pm
      But he hasn't moved to the Scum. A reporter asked him and he said 'I don't know, no one knows what can happen in the future.' That's a fair and reasonable answer. I doubt Owen would ever of imagine playing for the Mancs but he did. So this response alleviates the pressure on him giving a straight answer that he could be judged more harshly on in the future.

I've no doubts Liverpool is in his heart, and he won't shaft us and leave us in an uncomfortable position should he move on.

Come on crouch lad, since when if asked would they go to the scum is " you never know what happens in the future" is anywhere near F***ing acceptable to come out of an LFC players mouth. He's bang out of order.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #464: Mar 05, 2011 12:22:22 pm
      I just see it differently. He says no the Mancs, he still moves to any other club, and people will say 'but he said he wouldn't leave' regardless of where he ends up.

Just staying neutral keeps things contained on his part and gives no one a reason to bash him for no reason. One comment like this, where he reveals not much, does not outdo everything he has done for us and the passion he has shown between the posts for us.

This is a man we are hoping to be captain one day, and now all of a sudden because of one media report everyone is turning on him. Gimme a break.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #465: Mar 05, 2011 12:26:25 pm
      Not giving him a break, he said you never know when asked if he would go to the scum. Maybe it's me but that is the biggest no no and the reason tomorrows fixture is the biggest in English club football. We do not do business with those f**king viruses never.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #466: Mar 05, 2011 12:27:13 pm
      Nothing has changed, Pepe has basically been saying that unless we finish top 4 and/or there is what he feels major investment in the summer he will consider a move away.

He wants to play CL, same as Torres, with top 4 unlikely Im sure if the owners invest as we all hope in the summer Pepe will be here next season.

So what? Have we learnt nothing from the Torres saga?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #467: Mar 05, 2011 12:27:21 pm
      What was it that Dagger said about moving to a rival club being unacceptable? Whatever it was, it is the stance Reina should be taking.

The very mention of the words Manchester United should repulse him, not tempt.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #468: Mar 05, 2011 12:46:58 pm
      No he can say no and still move to any other club, even Torres supposedly wouldn't move to Utd. Extremely disappointed with his answer to the question to be honest
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #469: Mar 05, 2011 02:19:15 pm
      And look how we all treat Torres now. He said no to the Mancs and moved to Chelsea.

It's better to not say anything definite than to say something where it can bite you in the arse later on.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #470: Mar 05, 2011 02:22:45 pm
      I don't think the mancs could afford to splash out out 20 million on a goalkeeper and theres not a hope we will sell him to them for anything less.

Then if you think about he doesn't have any other options apart from maybe Arsenal.

I can't see him leaving,if he does go i will be 100 times more upset than when Torres went.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #471: Mar 05, 2011 05:41:59 pm
      For all those criticising Reina, surely the same would apply to Carragher for his interview with the daily mail, right?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #472: Mar 05, 2011 05:45:55 pm
      Why did Carragher say he wouldn't rule out moving to Utd
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #473: Mar 05, 2011 05:48:29 pm
      Why did Carragher say he wouldn't rule out moving to Utd

He was too busy giving Ferguson a reach-around to be asked that question.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #474: Mar 05, 2011 05:49:55 pm
      Saying something that is fairly obvious that Ferguson is a good manager is a lot different then saying you wouldn't rule out a move to utd
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #475: Mar 05, 2011 05:51:07 pm
      What exactly did Pepe say to the United thing?

Can someone post a link because I didn't find anything in the opening post of this thread.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #476: Mar 05, 2011 05:55:08 pm
      The article is on page 15 chats
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #477: Mar 05, 2011 06:00:02 pm
      Unacceptable from Pepe. This is more then just someone trying to urge the owners on. He had to answer F**k no to the United question, he didn't.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #478: Mar 05, 2011 06:08:57 pm
      As someone above said, if you don't have anything constructive to say, why bother saying it.

Surely he must of agreed to this interview, surely he would of known questions regarding his future would be asked? Of course we all want the club to move in the right direction, but you don't see other players coming out and stating that if the clubs ambitions don't improve they will consider their own future.

Can you imagine if Stevie came out tommorow in the press and said he would consider a move to Madrid if we didn't get champions league football? There would be uproar, interviews like this just baffle me, just completely intent on stirring sh*t.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #479: Mar 05, 2011 06:09:33 pm
      Saying something that is fairly obvious that Ferguson is a good manager is a lot different then saying you wouldn't rule out a move to utd

Agreed. No problem with Carragher - he didn't say he likes MU or wants to play there. He just stated his respect for the obvious talent there.

I like Reina, but it is a little disappointing to see him not rule out a transfer to MU. I understand his frustration and desire to see improvement in our club. But it would have been nice to see a little comment like "no, I'd never consider going to MU, no matter what." Oh well, we'll find out his true feelings in the summer.  :-\
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #480: Mar 05, 2011 07:38:04 pm
      For all the Pepe sympathisers, swap Pepes name with Gerrard or Carra if they came out with the comments Pepe did, and ask yourself again if you think Pepes comments are fair.
      LFCkl
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 365 posts |
      Reply #481: Mar 05, 2011 07:47:25 pm
      "Liverpool is still Liverpool and always will be bigger than any player. The club belongs to its fans and the fans' loyalty is to the club – not a player or a passport."

If a player wants to leave, they don't deserve to be here in the first place. I said the same about Torres and I'll say it about Pepe. Got a feeling this is just down to Sunday's game though, nothing to worry about until the summer.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #482: Mar 05, 2011 07:52:46 pm
      i was reading the liverpool echo and he said that he knew his performance was flatfooted against westham and he also said that he wasn"t going to hide behind other players over his performance ,at least his honest about that,but he should also be honest about his future and let us know where he stands,don"t do the torres andleave us in the sh*t  at the last minute,at least give us a chance to replace him in time .if kenny knew what the situation he and comolli could be scanning for a replacement now.

Quick Reply