Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Keeping the Keeper

Read 44147 times
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Re: Keeping the Keeper
      Reply #506: Mar 29, 2011 06:35:01 pm
      stephen1martin Stephen Martin
      by Tom_fairclough9
      #lfc scouts reporting on goalkeepers to DC during this week and next. Apparently it's a priority for KD.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #507: Mar 29, 2011 07:22:26 pm
      I don't have much faith in many players at the moment so wouldn't surprise me.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #508: Mar 30, 2011 09:50:47 am
      I started this thread because deep down i could see it in his face, although i dont hold anything against him at all, i would understand why he wants/wnated to leave, if we invest he may stay, but i dont think jumping ship will gurantee him trophies....

It will be discussed, or maybe its already been decided, but he has been a superb keeper and he has at least given us time to source a replacement.

If he goes we will replace him with another, im not worried in the slightest, but i would love him to stay so we could concentrate on other positions.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #509: Mar 30, 2011 10:15:19 am
      Wouldn't surprise me if he does leave, especially if it's coming from Spaniards now :lmao:

Has been a great servant and I'll fully understand. His friends have gone and he wants to play in the best possible competitions.

I hope he gives NESV time this summer to see who they bring to the club because I'm sure he can see that we're improving.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #510: Mar 30, 2011 10:25:02 am
      I won't understand if he leaves. He could probably cement himself as Liverpool's greatest keeper if he wanted to. I guess if he wants to take the gamble and win a quick trophy in any colored shirt then he can f**k off.

Right now it seems uncomfortably possible for Manure to snatch him up.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #511: Mar 30, 2011 10:28:34 am
      Who can replace the best though?
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #512: Mar 30, 2011 10:29:53 am
      Well i trust we have good scouts, i hadnt heard of Pepe until we bought him

Id settle for Shay Given for a season or two whilst we tidied up other areas maybe?
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #513: Mar 30, 2011 01:27:45 pm
      well the rumours keep persisting and eventually come true.the goaleepers is the most important player on the pitch. example arsenal two howlers recently from there keeper cost them big time.better get the scouts working now for a replacement.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #514: Mar 30, 2011 01:30:13 pm
      Mihaylov is coming back in 2 years after Pepe leaves then.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #515: Mar 31, 2011 05:03:56 pm

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Pepe-Reina-has-wanted-to-leave-Liverpool-for-two-years-claims-ex-Reds-stopper-Nikolay-Mihaylov-article718453.html

Reina has wanted to leave Liverpool for two years, claims ex-Reds stopper
      Published 10:42 30/03/11 By MirrorFootball

Former Liverpool goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov claims Pepe Reina has wanted to leave Anfield for "one or two years".

Bulgaria stopper Mihaylov joined the Reds in 2007 from Levski Sofia and was immediately loaned out to Dutch side FC Twente in a bid to gain a work permit to allow him to play in England.

He was eventually sold to Twente in February last year after failing to make a single first team appearance for Liverpool, but he claims the Reds still have an option to re-sign him.

"Liverpool are a huge club," he told Bulgarian station Darik Radio . "It wasn't possible to get a work visa when I went there but now there'll be no such problems because I'm playing regularly in the national team."

On Liverpool's buy-back option on him he said: "I think it's absolutely real. The option was made when Rafa Benitez was in charge."

The 22-year-old is keen to rejoin the Reds and claims there may soon be a space for him in the first team as current No 1 Pepe Reina wants to leave the club to return to Spain.

"I know from my agent Pepe Reina wants to go back to Spain," he said. "His desire dates back one or two years. He's one of the best keepers in the world but his form is not as it should be in a club like Liverpool."

My initial reaction when I read this was 'who'? as this guy hadn't even registered on my radar as being a Liverpool player. Sounds like someone trying to talk himself into a job rather than having serious information
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #516: Mar 31, 2011 05:10:20 pm
      I think that Mihaylov either comes in a year, or he doesn't come. His buy back clause goes into effect not this summer, but the next one when he just has one year left on his contract at Twente. I think Twente will make him sign a new contract or sell him to another club if we don't get him then.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #517: Mar 31, 2011 05:11:35 pm
      http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Pepe-Reina-has-wanted-to-leave-Liverpool-for-two-years-claims-ex-Reds-stopper-Nikolay-Mihaylov-article718453.html

Reina has wanted to leave Liverpool for two years, claims ex-Reds stopper
      Published 10:42 30/03/11 By MirrorFootball

Former Liverpool goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov claims Pepe Reina has wanted to leave Anfield for "one or two years".

Bulgaria stopper Mihaylov joined the Reds in 2007 from Levski Sofia and was immediately loaned out to Dutch side FC Twente in a bid to gain a work permit to allow him to play in England.

He was eventually sold to Twente in February last year after failing to make a single first team appearance for Liverpool, but he claims the Reds still have an option to re-sign him.

"Liverpool are a huge club," he told Bulgarian station Darik Radio . "It wasn't possible to get a work visa when I went there but now there'll be no such problems because I'm playing regularly in the national team."

On Liverpool's buy-back option on him he said: "I think it's absolutely real. The option was made when Rafa Benitez was in charge."

The 22-year-old is keen to rejoin the Reds and claims there may soon be a space for him in the first team as current No 1 Pepe Reina wants to leave the club to return to Spain.

"I know from my agent Pepe Reina wants to go back to Spain," he said. "His desire dates back one or two years. He's one of the best keepers in the world but his form is not as it should be in a club like Liverpool."

My initial reaction when I read this was 'who'? as this guy hadn't even registered on my radar as being a Liverpool player. Sounds like someone trying to talk himself into a job rather than having serious information

But is Mihaylov still being chased by Bulgarian gangsters for shagging some crimelord's bird!!

Quick Reply