Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Pepe Reina
      (0%)
      Martin Kelly
      (5.1%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (33.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (28.1%)
      Raul Meireles
      (20.4%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (4.2%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (2.6%)
      Glen Johnson
      (1.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (0.3%)
      Daniel Agger
      (4.5%)

Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Laughter

Read 76064 times
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Re: Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Laughter
      Reply #1173: Feb 06, 2011 10:55:45 pm
      Typical, sat at home having a few beer's went to the loo,came back 0-1,best piss take ever.IKWT.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1640 
      Reply #1174: Feb 06, 2011 11:07:04 pm
      I am completely over Torres now, but he really does look sh*te in blue!

Great team performance from all, Lucas was once again superb and he is starting to get alot more recognition now for his performances, if not from the media then from the fans. Carragher was superb, and he really is a big game player for us, and he should be starting all games alongside Agger for the rest of the season, if he is up to it.

Kenny and Clarke tactically outsmarted the Chavs, and the wing backs worked a treat. De-F***ing-lighted.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1175: Feb 06, 2011 11:11:22 pm
      You just can't afford to miss gilt edged chances like that in games like these.

With 6 hours of hind sight, it would seem you can. :D
      liverpuddle
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #1176: Feb 06, 2011 11:11:28 pm

smiles all around! ;D
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #1177: Feb 06, 2011 11:32:40 pm

And all I'am doing now is smiling,
      Might be a cheeky childish grin but I dont care!!!
      bradders
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      • since I was knee high to a grasshopper!
      Reply #1178: Feb 06, 2011 11:40:59 pm
      I couldn't believe that some of the Chelski fans were leaving with about ten mins to go  :o  There was only a goal in it so it wasn't beyond possibility that they could fluke a goal.  Great that Jamie got the best of Nando today  :) So much for his loving the move blah blah blah because he looked as bad in that game as he has for us over the last 18 months or so!
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #1179: Feb 06, 2011 11:42:59 pm
      Hope to see Suarez and Carroll in these pictures soon.
      Vonza
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #1180: Feb 06, 2011 11:44:07 pm
      Meireles did really well. As well as Carragher. His defending was unreal. Glad to have him back.
      m4Rco
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • 'cause you said the brains I had went to my head.
      Reply #1181: Feb 06, 2011 11:50:48 pm
      Fantastic performance. So proud of our lads.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #1182: Feb 06, 2011 11:57:27 pm
      I couldn't believe that some of the Chelski fans were leaving with about ten mins to go  :o  There was only a goal in it so it wasn't beyond possibility that they could fluke a goal.  Great that Jamie got the best of Nando today  :) So much for his loving the move blah blah blah because he looked as bad in that game as he has for us over the last 18 months or so!
      you cant call them fans.they're corporate freebie loving cnut's that fill their gut's on a jaunt paid for by sponsers etc.
      We were the true fans,out singing the home''FANS'' throughout.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1183: Feb 06, 2011 11:59:37 pm
      Still buzzing after that game and performance. I  know I slagged him pff earlier but Carra is still the man for the big games. MOTM day for mine. Excellent performance all around by the lads. Kenny got it spot on again with his tactics, subs and formation, made Chelsea look like a mid table team.

4 in a row now with clean sheets to boot not bad for a side and squad branded not good enough by Hodgson and his media pals.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1184: Feb 07, 2011 12:00:14 am
      Fernando Torres certainly didn't look like a player who is 'happy at Chelsea'. This may be his first game for Chelsea but he was hardly any different to the Torres at Liverpool.

Just so glad with the win. It will now give the players a belief that they can go on to compete with the best and finish fourth.

I was really impressed with our travelling fans too. All I heard were songs sung by us and it didn't even feel like an away game.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #1185: Feb 07, 2011 12:19:36 am
      Dont think Sideshow Bob Luiz contributed much for Chelski when he came on, or Compare the Meerkat KalouLuiz
      Still smiling 6 hours later
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #1186: Feb 07, 2011 12:35:03 am
      Great result for the lads,but,it is tinged with sadness.Torres is a great player,but he needs to be at the right club.Only us or Barca are worthy of his talent.Imo he will regret his move to the,"shallowest culture" club in the league.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,628 posts | 6935 
      Reply #1187: Feb 07, 2011 12:45:59 am
      Dont think Sideshow Bob Luiz contributed much for Chelski when he came on, or Compare the Meerkat KalouLuiz
      Still smiling 6 hours later

Loads of the Chelsea fans are hailing Luiz as having a fantastic game.  Can't see it myself.

Mind you, most of them are calling for a clear out in the summer. ;)

I thought Chelsea looked like a tired old side.  Ashley Cole was easily outpaced by Kelly, Terry couldn't move quick enough to stop Meireles scoring, Ivanovic and Cech clearly have some issues.  Drogba - seems to have lost the angryness which made him such a pain in the arse.  Torres, obviously needs space on the pitch.  Deny him that and he isn't half the player. Anelka also seems to have lost the legs.  Lampard has been going backwards for a long time and quite happily let Gerrard cross for the goal.

All in all, considering the 13 players the reds used came to £63M (which equals Torres and half of Drogba) - I feel much more content with the reds squad than Chelsea's.  
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,319 posts | 1523 
      Reply #1188: Feb 07, 2011 01:00:32 am
      Came back on hear for another read. Can't sleep with this big grin on me chops. What the F**k is that chav side all about. That was a pretty insipid performance for one of the greatest teams in the world. Torres words not mine. The only time they showed any real spirit was when Cech and Ivanovich started bitching.  We walked over them with spirit, desire, determination and a certain amount of pride in who we were playing for. I was slagging off the quality of some of our players not too long ago. Just shows what a top manager can do to inspire and instill belief in ones ability. Tremendous performance. Wonder how long before Abramovitch wants to buy Kenny and the rest of our squad. :lmao: :lmao:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1189: Feb 07, 2011 01:02:37 am
      Ended up in the Supporters' Club an F***ing hell the atmosphere was quality. The roof went off the place when Meireles scored, whole place was rocking an singing. Haven't been this happy for some time.

Whole team played well but Carra stood out. Had all three of their forwards in his pocket all game an that tackle on the judas c**t was Carra of old. Agger and Skrtel helped him as well of course, both had good games. Especially Agger elbowing the c**t. Loved that. Full backs did alright, midfield was boss and Kuyt ran all game again.

How the F**k Maxi missed is anyone's guess but that doesn't matter now. Cos Meireles didn't miss, he just put his foot round the ball and bang. Turning out to be a good little goalscorer for us is Mr Meireles. Four in five, can't ask for more than that apart from maybe five in six after the Wigan game.

Can't wait for the Wigan game, already buzzing for it. Out Friday night, then Wigan, then a house warming party. I'm gonna be fu**ed next Sunday but so what, I think the fact that we'll only be three points off the top four might be a nice hangover cure. We're looking upwards again, that's down to Kenny. He's got the players, his staff and the his fans genuinely believing again. He's instilled the mentality of "we're the greatest club in the world" back into the players. Chelsea didn't got a F***ing prayer today. We outplayed them, out fought them and out scored them.

So F**k off Chelsea FC cos you ain't got no history. Buy whoever you want, you can't buy pride, passion and belief. That's what we had out there. The whole build up about Torres, well the c**t hardly touched the ball. So much talk about him, people forgot about us. You don't do that and we showed why.

Still buzzing. Just wish the Wigan game was tomorrow.

Thank you Reds for giving us another sore throat. ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,740 posts | 6716 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1190: Feb 07, 2011 01:06:22 am
      Just came on to say GET THE F**k IN!

You done us proud today lads. What a win.

The lads were fantastic as were the away supporters. I felt on top of the World today.

4 wins on the trot, 4 clean sheets, it's nice having a smile back on my face.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Loved the chant to Torres, "you should have stayed at a Big Club"...laughed my arse off when that was being sung, started singing it myself.

The only way it could have been scripted slightly better was for Suarez to come on just after Torres got subbed  :lmao: :lmao: and score the winner. Never mind, cracking goal from Raul, still can't believe Maxi missed that sitter and a special thanks to the Ref Andrew Marriner or whatever is name is for not pointing to the spot when Glen J smacked into the back of Ivanovic.  :lmao:

Come on you Mighty Reds, onwards and upwards.

P.S Sucked in Nando!!!! Who needs ya???

Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #1191: Feb 07, 2011 01:21:05 am
      This is Liverpool! Proud.
      zodak
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts | 10 
      Reply #1192: Feb 07, 2011 02:24:33 am
      Good game and I was throwing jumping and shouting when I saw 4 minutes of added time!! A truly wtf moment then.

I was expecting Aurelio to come in for Maxi but did not expect to see Poulsen! I must admit, was concerned when I saw Poulsen getting ready to come on - but I was a foolish man to doubt the King's actions - and there was that added defensive solidity we needed for the last 10 minutes or so.

Our three centrebacks did great, and Carra (whom I confess to having slated at times here) played superbly (loved that last ditch block on Torres) and Dagger was magnificent at times (that blow to the throat alone was almost enough to get him the MOTM!). Anelka was nowhere to be seen in the first half.

Kelly was Kelly, did well again (and he really has Chelsea to thank for that big break earlier in the season) and Johnson, though a tad uncertain at times, did good.

Lucas for me was the man of the match. Sure there were a couple of misplaced passes, an almost handball incident (you make a mistake lad, don't turn and look at the ref! That's a giveaway, pretend nothing's happened and keep playing!) but he was immense. This kid left Brazil at 20, spoke little or no English, away from family, a foreign country, learning English only to find he still doesnt understand Scouse, started playing for the greatest of teams in Europe, only for fans to boo him and celebrate whenever he was subbed, yet kept his head down, didn't throw a hissy fit like almost every other prima donnas do nowadays, kept improving, and now is our midfield generalissimo! Was Lampard even playing last night? This kid is still only 24, still to learn and improve under the King's tutelage, and I sincerely hope he goes on become a legend for us over time.

Gerrard was the quintesessential captain today, quiet authority marked by some dogged determination (leading to the goal too!). Meireles - put in a good shift today, and he's got fantastic positioning and great goal! I am happy that he's playing where he should be played and doing the business for us. However, I still am hoping that he gets stuck in tackles a bit more and sometimes does seem to shirk out of the 50-50 challenges, which then puts pressures on us as we are defending. But, this is not the moment for complaints and I am not going to be an ungrateful git, and so a big thank you to Raul!

Kuyt - 'literally' three lungs as Redknapp would say, did well, confused the defenders as Gerrard's cross was coming in and allowed Raul to smash the ball in! However, he lost the ball too many times, no aerial presence and his control let him down a number of times, but he would be a perfect foil for a big old fashioned centre forward like Carroll.

Great win - still buzzing - life's beautiful!

And on a side note, I saw Ngog sitting on the bench - poor lad - the first team opportunity just seems that much further away now for him. I do feel sorry for him.

In any event, great result for us and 12 more to go, 36 points to be won, plus a Europa, and we'll be sorted!

barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #1193: Feb 07, 2011 03:08:03 am
      I could not choose a man of the match today because I thought all eleven played well, and we played like a team. On the other hand Chelsea looked unbalanced with two lazy strikers up front.

Before the match I was nervous that with everything that went before, that we might get battered, when I saw no Suarez in the team I was even more concerned.
      But I could not have imagined how different this group of eleven could look under Kenny, as compared to the same players under Roy. 
      A truly stunning turn around!

Interesting comments from Kenny, when he suggested that the new signings may have a job to break into this side.  A comment like that a month ago would have been laughable.

Our defence looked more secure today than the bank of England. Obviously when Torres left Anfield he did not take with him the keys to unlock it.  Roman probably expected the keys to be included in the 50 million. ;D 

bradders
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      • since I was knee high to a grasshopper!
      Reply #1194: Feb 07, 2011 03:11:24 am
      you cant call them fans.they're corporate freebie loving cnut's that fill their gut's on a jaunt paid for by sponsers etc.
      We were the true fans,out singing the home''FANS'' throughout.
      I was being kind to them  :lmao:  Just as well they haven't endured the tough times that this club has - there'd be no body there but ground staff and away supporters :confused-smiley-013:   

Just goes to show that passion cannot be bought  :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #1195: Feb 07, 2011 06:40:50 am
      What a result I thought big ups to Kenny he got his tactics spot on, Andy Townsend before the game thought Kenny was setting up too defensively, he said we looked like we were going for a draw, but as the game progressed I could see why Kenny had done that, the defense worked so well together, and our wing backs helped in attack perfect balance for a tough game like that. Carra IMO played a gem I felt he had the free role to cover for Agger and Skyrtle and he rallied the troops every time Chelski attacked. Lucas played really well and I think under Kenny he is looking a better player, I didn’t rate him at all till now, now I can see his quality.

Its such a good feeling our team is back its been very gloomy for months now the whole office is buzzing, the manc and the chav are tripping over each other’s sulking lips hahahaha

Quick Reply