Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Pepe Reina
      (0%)
      Martin Kelly
      (5.1%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (33.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (28.1%)
      Raul Meireles
      (20.4%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (4.2%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (2.6%)
      Glen Johnson
      (1.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (0.3%)
      Daniel Agger
      (4.5%)

Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Laughter

Read 75995 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Laughter
      Reply #1196: Feb 07, 2011 07:02:14 am
      Jamie Carragher my MOTM yesterday. Good to have you back lad!!!!

Good times ahead for LFC now. Never thought i'd have been saying that a month ago!

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1197: Feb 07, 2011 07:21:02 am
      slighly pissed, woo! but just a thought, dunno if anyone has brought it up yet - but who was that manager we beat today? seem to remember him watching chewing furiously the same way about 6 years ago almost... oh yeah ;D
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #1198: Feb 07, 2011 07:48:30 am
      Fantastic win yesterday !

Every one in a RED shirt showed just what it means to wear the shirt .

We played as a TEAM , the joy on the players faces at the end was there for all to see.

The Dalglish effect is in full flow , what a difference he's made to team morale. They're all smiling !

Almost felt sorry for he who shall not be named , almost but not quite !!

Onwards and upwards REDMEN. YNWA !    :aaliverpoolwz0: :scarf:

RedHon
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #1199: Feb 07, 2011 08:43:50 am
      Boss game. Credit to Kenny and Steve Clark for the tactics and the players for executing them well. Keep it going lads. Let's have another win.
      Flipmode
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #1200: Feb 07, 2011 04:21:53 pm
      I didnt mind one bit that Torres left us, although I loved bouncing out his name
      ....infact I think it was a great deal to get 50m for him and reinvest it on 2 new players.

However from a totally non-bias point of view -blue just does not suit him at all.
      Just didnt seem to look right in blue and i'm not just saying that cos i'm a RED

brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #1201: Feb 07, 2011 05:42:31 pm
      A very happy bunny today,very proud of the boys for that performance ,everyone on the pitch was awesome.

Cannot believe the turnaround from when hodgson was in charge ,kk has brought smiles and belief back to anfeild .

Oh and torres ,F**k off you treacherous little rat ,enjoy your cockney sewer.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1202: Feb 07, 2011 07:01:54 pm
      Oh F**k, what have i done??
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #1203: Feb 07, 2011 07:11:39 pm
      BREAKING NEWS

Jamie Carragher has just been released by Met Police
      He was arrested yesterday evening  after walking round with £50 M of Abramovich's possesions  in his back pocket for 60 mins
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1204: Feb 07, 2011 07:12:33 pm
      Get in

Great result

I love Kenny Dalglish

That is all
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #1205: Feb 07, 2011 08:03:18 pm
      Just thought id have another read!   :D
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #1206: Feb 07, 2011 08:04:50 pm
      Just thought id have another read!   :D

I have done the same, and I am currently rewatching the game for a third time :D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1207: Feb 07, 2011 08:31:37 pm
      There's not much i can say that has'nt been said before, except, WHAT A  f***in WIN  that is, i said before the game on another post that we need to go all out for a win and thats exactly what we got, we bossd the whole f***in shooting match from start to finish, contained controlled and hit on the break, it was'nt the best game you will see all season but who the F**k cares, Ancelloti majorly fu**ed up trying to please all of his ego-maniacs, he changed a winning side and paid the price, but enough of those drastic plastics, from back to front we showed our superiority, we played like a unit all in it together, outpassed, outplayed, outscored and outstanding, Carragher was immense, and proved once again how important he is to our club( ''can i hear the Carra bashers sing, no no!!'') Lucas superb, Agger superb, Kuyt's engine is just incredible, the rest just faultless everyone to a man stood up and played for the King, were you watching Roy ? a free  lesson on how Liverpool play football, Wigan up next, i bet they are looking forward to coming to Anfield, NOT!   

''Aint no stoppin us now'' cant remember who sung it but, it's quite relevant, don't ya think?

IKWT  IFSGWT   YNWA
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1208: Feb 07, 2011 08:50:28 pm
      whats the story ive been trying to get on the site all day was there a cyber terrorist attack or what ,anyway still creamin in me pants with the result whod a thought it ,ruining nandos day like that
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #1209: Feb 07, 2011 08:53:52 pm
      Just another show of how well the back played, BBC's team of the Week the back line is 3 CB's and all 3 from Liverpool  :lmao:

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1210: Feb 07, 2011 09:04:21 pm
      I saw an interview Torres saying that a draw would have been a fair result.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1211: Feb 07, 2011 09:17:29 pm
      I saw an interview Torres saying that a draw would have been a fair result.
      Then he is wrong.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #1212: Feb 07, 2011 09:19:09 pm
      I have had a really bad start to this year Personally and as a supporter Yesterday/ today all has come good .......

Heres to the future  ;D
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #1213: Feb 07, 2011 09:23:41 pm
      Well done to Kenny & the lads
      f***in SMASHED THEM

Torres already knows he's fu**ed

Long live the King.............
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1214: Feb 07, 2011 09:30:51 pm
      I am still amazed by our fans! Sang really loudly especially for "You should have stayed at a big club" :lmao:

It was all about Nando prior to kick off but there is no better result than to win away against a club whom our former player claims to be bigger.

I think Kenny got the tactics spot on. Their front three were effectively neutralised by our back three. Even Ashley Cole and Bosingwa couldn't get a cross in because of Kelly and Johnson. Anelka, Torres, Drogba and Lampard were almost non-existent.  Could be down their "new" formation just to accomodate Torres, though but I liked what I saw.

We had more shots on target and dominated midfield. Even when it was in the 90+2nd minute, we were still pressing them in their own half. Kenny also brought on the right players to "defend".

And this is probably one of the few times I actually see a team play three at the back away.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #1215: Feb 07, 2011 09:35:02 pm
      Whats the differance between Torres and Heather mills ?

One a blonde one footed lying c**t who'd do anything for money the other was married to a Beatle
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1216: Feb 07, 2011 09:58:02 pm
      The only way I can describe my feelings from the end of the game until now is..ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha F***ing haaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Buzzing my friggin man tits off!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1217: Feb 08, 2011 01:12:48 am
      Well well well!. What can I f**king say?. I am absolutely bouncing, been walking around all day with a huge smile on my face!. Four wins on the bounce and four clean sheets to boot. The impossible has now become possible. To go to the Bridge and completely nullify the trio of Drogba, Anelka and Torres is an achievement in itself, to nullify the whole team was really something else. Did Chelsea choke?, no, we choked them. Kenny and Steve did a great job in setting their stall out and the players did an even better job carrying out the plan. What I've noticed more than anything in the last few weeks is the way Kenny has chosen different formations to tackle different teams, something we didn't see with previous managers.

The 3-5-2 attack come 5-3-2 defence worked seamlessly and Chelsea didn't know how to deal with it. Putting Kelly and Johnson on the flanks to deal with Cole and Bosingwa breaking out proved to be the masterstroke and the most crucial battle on the field. We hardly saw either wing back on the attack and that is a credit to both Johnson and Kelly putting massive shifts in. Kelly is growing in stature, game by game and he really is going to be a powerhouse of a player in a couple of seasons. Johnson, while I don't think he's most happy with where he's been playing, is getting his head down and has improved enormously under the guidance of Kenny.

The back three of Agger, Carra and Skrtel worked really well and full credit goes to Skrtel for at last putting a good shift in after the last few shaky performances. I think a lot of that was to do with the reassuring presence of the legend that is Carragher. What a f**king colossal performance again from the leader of the back, that goal saving block from Torres and the way he outmuscled Drogba on several occasions were testament to his greatness and desire to win at all costs. His presence galvanised the defence, you'd never have thought it was his first game back since November. Agger had a stormer too, kept Torres quiet and dispossessed him on several occasions, frustrating the f**k out of the traitor. This style of football is what Agger loves playing, the instruction to play it on the deck and play it sexy.

Another player I've been impressed with under Kenny is Lucas Leiva. He's really starting to come out of his shell and I'm hoping that by the end of the season he'll be a lot closer to the player he could really be. A lot of credit has to go to Kenny again for giving him that license to roam forward a lot more than he did under the previous managers. Marshalled the back three well and made some crucial blocks and tackles. Still needs to work on his passing though. Meireles had a stormer too, all over the park and willing to run into space quite often, another player who has been a revelation under Kenny. The goal he scored was sublime, a really cool finish under a lot of pressure. My mate said it was a sitter?, what the f**k!. He was running across the penalty area, the ball was coming across him, he was running flat out, he had a space of about 2 foot to put it into due to Cech, Terry and Ivanavovic blocking the goal. Combine that with the fact he had both feet off the floor when he hit it and he was moving horizontally in the air, then I'd say that his technique was fantastic and the finish was bang f**king on!.

Gerrard was like a man possessed, you could tell that both himself and Carragher were determined to slam Torres' words back down his f**king throat!. He was everywhere and Lampard didn't get a look in, all our midfield were hunting both Lampard and Essien down like rabid dogs!. The ball in from Gerrard for the goal, and may I say what a f**king pass it was from Kelly that put him in, was absolutely outstanding. It dipped perfectly between Cech, Ivanovic and Kuyt, Kuyt dummying the stab as Cech and Ivanovic flapped and watched it go past them and Meireles buried it. After their misunderstanding in the first half I thought we would have played more on that indecision between Ivanovic and Cech but it wasn't to be. I don't know if anyone else notices this but Cech is always reluctant to take physical contact, ever since that collision with Stephen Hunt about 5 years ago. I know it's understandable but I feel it's a weakness that teams should exploit. That helmet is his comfort blanket and until he removes it I feel there will always be that element of vulnerability in his game.

Kuyt has come in for a lot of stick from me this season and rightly so but against Chelsea he led the line well. He fought for everything and in games or wars like this he rises to the occasion. He makes a nuisance of himself and it was good to see a striker defending from the front again, something we've been missing in the last 12 months or so. My only qualm with Kuyt is that he's never going to beat his man in a one on one situation, he's never going to get in behind the defence and score goals. He held the ball up well and in all fairness, with the style of football we're playing at the moment the that isn't such an issue anymore as there is always plenty of support coming from the middle.

I'd like to say last but not least but I'm afraid it's last and least, Maxi Rodriguez. He had a f**king nightmare and I'm not talking about the miss either. He was absolutely terrible and runs about like a headless chicken with no end product. Another thing that pisses me off is when he gets tackled or muscled off the ball and goes down like a cheap whore. And why does he always clutch his left f**king shin?. I've lost count of the times where I've actually seen him get kicked in the right ankle and thigh and he still clutches his left shin. Half the time I think it's an act because he feels like a right tit when he loses the ball so feigns injury to hide his embarassment. In fact it just highlights the embarassment as he puts us under more pressure with a man down in defence. He really has got to go in the Summer and I'll be very surprised if he survives the Anfield cull.

Pepe Reina, not a lot to say really. The defence were fantastic and he had very little to do bar that leg block. It's nice to see him having some easy games under Kenny after the bombardment he constantly suffered under Roy Hodgson. The belief in these players has been beautiful to see, they are playing for each other, they are playing for us, they are playing for the Club. But most of all I think they are playing to please Kenny. Kenny and all his staff have worked miracles in a short space of time, credit goes to them all and also the away fans at the game yesterday, they were f**king awesome!. Singing until the end and giving Torres what for. Well done lads.

To recap then, Carragher for MOTM, was everywhere and fought like a lion. Meireles with a great goal and performance but he really needs to stick his leg in more often, I counted at least ten challenges that he sh*t out of. Maxi can shape up or f**k off. Everyone else, 110% effort and commitment. Kenny and the staff, brilliant tactical masterclass and massive respect for turning us back into a force again. That win yesterday sent out a message to the rest of the League, rest assured that Spurs and Chelsea will be looking over their shoulders with fear in their eyes for the rest of the season.

Had to go to work straight after the game so I watched the post match interview with Carra, Meireles and Kenny when I got home this morning and I must have rewound it at least fifteen times!. Loved hearing Carra and Meireles saying team every other word and Kenny's interview was fantastic!. He really knows how to get a message across, he really loves this Club and he knows exactly what he wants to do next. You can tell by the way he never pauses before he answers a question, it's coming from the heart. There is nothing to hide, no agenda, just a love for this Club, his family. I am on cloud nine, I haven't been this happy for a long long time.
      « Last Edit: Feb 08, 2011 01:21:40 am by hardcoresoldier »
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #1218: Feb 08, 2011 01:13:19 am
      think chelsea are in decline anelka and drogba past the best and torres only half the player he was in his first year. chelsea with 3 strikers wont work torres could get more time on the bench.think the reds are going to keep climbing 4 clean sheets in a row thats awesome

Quick Reply