Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Stefan Savic (Partizan Belgrade)

Read 4425 times
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,400 posts |
      Stefan Savic (Partizan Belgrade)
      Jul 05, 2011 12:24:27 pm

Liverpool are trying to hijack Manchester City's move for Montenegro star Stefan Savic, skysports.com understands.

However, the Reds' late efforts look set to be in vain as the 20-year-old is believed to be fully focused on completing a move to Eastlands.

Savic arrived in England on Monday evening ahead of a planned medical with City, whilst talks over a potential £6million deal continued.

Skysports.com understands Liverpool have made moves to try and prise him away from City's grasp.

But the Partizan Belgrade defender is believed to have his heart set on a move to City and will seemingly not let any rival interest deter him.

The 20-year-old is regarded as one of the best young defenders in Europe, so it is little surprise Liverpool have shown an interest.

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch/0,23710,14896,00.html

Don't understand why we left it so late
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Re: Stefan Savic (Partizan Belgrade)
      Reply #1: Jul 05, 2011 01:28:42 pm
      I think this is just a little payback after they jumped in and got Clichy...
      You screw with our plans we will screw with yours sorta thing.Problem is we cant compete with what City could offer him.
      blackout17
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #2: Jul 05, 2011 01:35:09 pm
      I'd rather not pay over the odds for a player IF.. it could be a revenge tactic
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #3: Jul 05, 2011 01:50:11 pm
      Probly just making City overpay.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Jul 05, 2011 01:50:42 pm
      sly skews setting us up for another failed signing I see. Move on
      Pal318is
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #5: Jul 05, 2011 05:06:15 pm
      Apparently he's got his heart set on earning the crust at citeh...  :roll:
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #6: Jul 05, 2011 05:31:01 pm
      Let him go to Citeh, if we were actually interested, I don't know.

Citeh are trying to go down the galactico's route I think.  Doesn't guarantee success.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #7: Jul 05, 2011 06:17:57 pm
      Let him go to Citeh, if we were actually interested, I don't know.

Citeh are trying to go down the galactico's route I think.  Doesn't guarantee success.

Would definitely not put Clichy and Savic in the 'galactico' category.
      Pal318is
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #8: Jul 05, 2011 06:45:46 pm
      Would definitely not put Clichy and Savic in the 'galactico' category.

Ain't that the truth. They most definitely are trying the galactico route. Greedy w*nkers...
      Having said that, I never understood why we were in for clity in the first place..
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #9: Jul 05, 2011 06:50:03 pm
      Because a 20 year old is going to play and given time at City to mature.

Idiot.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #10: Jul 05, 2011 07:09:23 pm
      Can't fault him, it's like taking early retirement  :f_tongueincheek:
      blackout17
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #11: Jul 05, 2011 07:15:18 pm
      I'd rather have players who want to wear the liverpool shirt with pride want to stay here, want to understand the club than come here instead of there club THEY want to go too..
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12: Jul 05, 2011 07:19:23 pm
      WHO gives a F**k, i dont, whether it be Citeh,Scum,Spuds,Arse, bitters, whoever,i'm only interested in players who want to come here, F**k everyone else, so what if Clichy went to Citeh,or Jones went to Scum or who Hairy Kneecap wants to sign, i have no interest what-so-ever, it's as if we should all be massively disappointed because he chose them, bollocks to that, he probably only went for the spondoolies anyhow,nice work if you can get it, ''Benchwarming'' or ''Numbarsing'' should be a case for the trade descriptions act.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #13: Jul 05, 2011 07:23:46 pm
      I think this is just a little payback after they jumped in and got Clichy...
      You screw with our plans we will screw with yours sorta thing.Problem is we cant compete with what City could offer him.

What?, no history, sh*te atmosphere, sh*te fans, sh*te city.
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #14: Jul 05, 2011 09:47:40 pm
      What?, no history, sh*te atmosphere, sh*te fans, sh*te city.

unfortunately most footballers are mercenaries, and just want champions league, and the big pay day
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #15: Jul 05, 2011 11:47:53 pm
      City don't even give their youngsters a chance in the first 11.
      mihajlons
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #16: Jul 06, 2011 03:25:58 am
      are you trying to say you all wouldn't leave partizan belgrade for manchester city?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17: Jul 06, 2011 03:31:32 am
      These bi*ch fests all sound a bit pathetic. Is this what its come to, slagging off young players who choose to move to certain clubs? The thing is there doesnt sound like anybody else came in for the lad, we was far too late, what is the point starting to have an interest in a player as he is about to have a medical at another club? We couldn't change his mind, not the end of the world, it's not as though he is world class right now (most people i bet didnt even know who the lad was til a few days ago) so we will see who we sign by the end of the window but this bitching is daft.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #18: Jul 06, 2011 03:41:59 am
      are you trying to say you all wouldn't leave partizan belgrade for manchester city?
      If you want to play football City is the last place you'd want to go to. Ask Shay Given,Craig Bellamy....etc.
      Milos SRB
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #19: Jul 06, 2011 05:00:19 am
      Savic has huge potential, he can become one of the best defender in the world. He is very intelligent, hardworking, strong, jumps well and has experience playing in the Champions League. Partizan fans also think that he did not choose the right team. I see that you are here talking about that and I can tell you that the whole world sees the difference between Liverpool and teams like Chelsea and Manchester City. They will never have what has Liverpool, what does my Partizan, they will never have a soul. They can win the title, they may have better players, but I do not know anyone in Serbia that like Manchester City, but I know many of them who like Liverpool.
      Beware of what you have and do not worry because they have money, money can not buy everything. See our atmosphere at the stadium, we knew before the game that we will lose at least 3-0, as against Arsenal, but arrive an hour early and stay an hour after and the whole stadium sings with the players even though we lost, it can not be purchased.

Grobari - Gde god ti da igraš

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aItt9_CtaoM#t=180

Partizan-Braga koreografija

Greetings from Belgrade

P.S. Sorry for my English
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #20: Jul 06, 2011 01:38:12 pm

''Stefan Savic completes Manchester City switch''

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14027433.stm
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #21: Jul 06, 2011 01:43:09 pm

Stefan Savic completes Manchester City switch

Montenegro defender Stefan Savic has completed his transfer from Partizan Belgrade to Manchester City.

The 20-year-old becomes City's second defensive signing of the summer after they bought Gael Clichy from Arsenal.

Savic, who had a 10-day trial with the Gunners last year, has signed a four-year contract at Eastlands.

"I watch the Premier League all the time and I know it's the place to be, so I am looking forward to helping this club achieve great things," said Savic.

"We have an incredible stadium and I've seen how passionate the City fans are many times on TV.

"It is a dream come true and I'm especially looking forward to meeting Edin Dzeko and Aleksandar Kolarov, because they both speak my language and come from the Balkans, too."

Savic played for Montenegro in their 0-0 draw at Wembley in October 2010 in a Euro 2012 qualifier.

He also faced English opposition when turning out for Partizan against Arsenal in the Champions League in December.

In February 2010, Savic, who was then playing for Serbian side BSK Borca, was reported as saying that he expected to sign a pre-contract agreement with the Gunners following his trial.

However, the deal did not go through and he joined Partizan in August.

And topic locked.

Quick Reply