Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli)

Read 20843 times
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Re: Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli)
      Reply #23: Feb 10, 2011 10:15:22 pm
      He's not the main man. He's Cavani's foil (who has 17 goals this season I think?) and is kind of like the deeper forward playing to Cavani's strengths. He has 10 assists.
      I'd rather have Cavani to be fair
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: Feb 11, 2011 04:25:50 am
      I wouldn't. I rate Carroll far higher than Cavani. His play doesn't convince me. Sometimes forgets where his feet is and doesn't really do much on the pitch in terms of helping out the team play. He's a physical presence but not a patch on Carroll. Carroll uses his strength wiser, uses his body, positioning etc. while Cavani just looks to bump players but is off-balance most of the time.

And his play doesn't fill me with faith that he'd succeed here.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #25: Feb 11, 2011 05:46:30 am
      Admittedly I don't watch much Italian football but I'd prefer a LW who can play LF such as mata
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #26: Feb 11, 2011 10:21:02 am
      I don't really watch Italian football but do we really need another striker?

We've got to get rid alot of our midfield players then.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #27: Feb 11, 2011 11:14:35 am
      He's not an out and out striker though. And if we play with two up front, if we lose either of Suarez or Carroll it'll be David N'gog back in the side and last time i checked no one is keen on him.

Lavezzi and Suarez feeding off Carroll would be a very good attacking line up. With Raul, Gerrard and Lucas behind i think most teams would buckle against us before the game even starts.

Carroll in the side doesn't mean we need traditional wingers to cross it in. Andy has more to his game than that.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #28: Feb 11, 2011 12:45:41 pm
      He's not an out and out striker though. And if we play with two up front, if we lose either of Suarez or Carroll it'll be David N'gog back in the side and last time I checked no one is keen on him.

Lavezzi and Suarez feeding off Carroll would be a very good attacking line up. With Raul, Gerrard and Lucas behind I think most teams would buckle against us before the game even starts.

Carroll in the side doesn't mean we need traditional wingers to cross it in. Andy has more to his game than that.

Well said.

Frankly, I don't see the whole winger issue especially when we have wingbacks. Our game must be beautiful, not saying having wingers will hinder that, but the insistence of playing down the wing should not be pushed.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #29: Feb 11, 2011 01:49:28 pm
      F***ing hate Lazio. Wankers. And Zarate showed how much of an idiot he is with that gesture.

Yes. One of the most pathetic football clubs on Earth. I hate the fact Hernanes is there.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #30: Feb 11, 2011 02:01:41 pm
      As long as your wingbacks can supply good crosses and provide necessary cover to both the defense and midfield I will gladly accept him. He's a bit like Tevez, likes to have a go at defenders, creative and creates space for our strikers. From what I see, he's able to draw opponents to him in such way that Torres did during his early years in Liverpool, but the difference is he's not an out and out striker while Torres is. So, having him is a good option so that our main strikers have the space needed to create or score goals.

The main thing is our attack needed pace as right now we didn't offer one. Apart from Glen and Stevie, neither Kuyt, Maxi or even N' Gog gave us that option. This guy I think can operate from both the flanks and even the centre, while his crossing may be questioned but his quality of play is at least as good as Tevez. Our main problem was lack of ability to crack down tough defensive lines. So I guess having this lad may change the whole situation.

I always thought that we really need star players, but after the Torres saga I realized that they are only loyal when things went their way, while quality underrated players have the tendency to stay on even the goings get tough. Lavezzi for me is one of the unlooked quality player who really give it all when playing and I'm sure he will do the same if we decided to get him in. 
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #31: Feb 11, 2011 02:10:28 pm
      The guy is an Argentine, you know he'll fight for it.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #32: Feb 11, 2011 02:12:25 pm
      Liverpool in pursuit of Napoli striker Ezequiel Lavezzi
      Liverpool are in pursuit of Napoli striker Ezequiel Lavezzi , according to Italian sources.

The 25-year-old Argentine has been in blistering form this season for the side lying second in Serie A. He has scored seven goals and set up 10, and has a league an efficiency ratio of a goal or assist every 113.7 minutes.

Lavezzi is a support striker who enjoys the freedom to roam and peel off to either wing. He has great control and dribbling skills and tends to suck defenders out of position.

He can finish well and is a decent crosser of the ball, too.

Lavezzi is contracted to the Naples outfit until 2015 and is valued at €15M-20M.
      http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Liverpool-in-pursuit-of-Napoli-striker-Ezequiel-Lavezzi/13153/
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33: Feb 11, 2011 04:52:32 pm
      I want us to sign him so I can quote...

The path of the righteous goal is beset on all sides...
      Queue nerdy remake of Pulp Fiction quote
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #34: Feb 12, 2011 11:29:11 am
      I don't really watch Italian football but do we really need another striker?

We've got to get rid alot of our midfield players then.

It depends which way you look at it. If Kuyt is now going to be played as a striker on a regular basis then somebody like Connor Wickham could be a good addition. If it is temporary that Kuyt is played as a striker then i would think a top quality striker (or somebody used to the second striker role) would be ideal to compete with Carroll and Suarez as it looks like Ngog isn't going to get much of a look in from now on.
      xabi7
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #35: Feb 13, 2011 06:15:14 pm
      Lavazzi is a very good player but i would prefer Cavani.He is a goal-machine
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #36: Feb 14, 2011 12:37:54 pm
      F***ing hate Lazio. Wankers. And Zarate showed how much of an idiot he is with that gesture.

They might be crazy nazi cu*ts, but they're not as bad wankers as Roma, mate. At least some of the Lazio loons turned up to help out some of our fans being attacked with knives by Roma fans back in 1984.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #37: Feb 14, 2011 12:42:21 pm
      They might be crazy nazi cu*ts, but they're not as bad wankers as Roma, mate. At least some of the Lazio loons turned up to help out some of our fans being attacked with knives by Roma fans back in 1984.

I don't like either mate. Stupid fans.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #38: Feb 14, 2011 06:24:01 pm
      It depends which way you look at it. If Kuyt is now going to be played as a striker on a regular basis then somebody like Connor Wickham could be a good addition. If it is temporary that Kuyt is played as a striker then i would think a top quality striker (or somebody used to the second striker role) would be ideal to compete with Carroll and Suarez as it looks like Ngog isn't going to get much of a look in from now on.
      Going off NESV's record and the information about their past dealings given to us by posters such as AZPatriot, I would not be all that surprised if Kuyt is on his way out in the summer while he's still worth something. Just my suspicion.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #39: Feb 15, 2011 07:20:07 pm
      Liverpool strategy director targets 'El Pocho' as €23m signing
      15th Feb 2011 - Transfer Gossip 
      39 CommentsEmailPrintShare ArchiveLFC To Go
      Liverpool are reportedly considering a summer move for striker Ezequiel Lavezzi.

Most Recent
      Agger commits his future to Liverpool
      Liverpool strategy director targets '…
      Liverpool monitor situation of £10m …
      'Frustrated' €15m Liverpool target …
      Liverpool hope to unleash Carroll aga…
      The Argentine international forward has been earning rave reviews for his performances with Napoli in Serie 'A', and Kenny Dalglish is thought to be interested in bringing the player to Liverpool.

Lavezzi gave the Merseysiders a glimpse of his talents in a Europa League clash at Anfield earlier this season, shining in the first half before Steven Gerrard came off the bench to rescue Liverpool with a hat-trick.

A product of the Boca youth system, the player made his name in south America before signing at the Stadio San Paolo for €6 million back in 2007. Lavezzi had previously signed for Genoa, but did not make an appearance during his first spell in Italy.

Whilst not the most prolific if strikers, the player is renowned for his passing and technical ability, and could play as a second striker or playmaker behind two forwards.

Despite spending big in the position in January, it's thought that Dalglish is keen on strengthening his strikeforce further at Liverpool in the summer.

Footylatest claim that Damien Comolli, director of football strategy at Anfield, will hope to bring Lavezzi to the club in the summer after recent results showed the front-line was lacking at Liverpool when injuries hit.

It's thought that the player would cost in the region of €23 million, although Liverpool would look to negotiate a lesser fee for the player nicknamed 'El Pocho'.

Source: GiveMeFootball
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #40: Feb 16, 2011 08:42:41 am
      Not so sure about his prowess in front of goals but i'm loving his nickname, 'El Pocho' - the chubby one..  ;D
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #41: Feb 16, 2011 09:43:38 am
      I think he is a really good player and it would definitely mean us playing a 4-3-3 as our preferred system. I think Steve Clarke has already played an important part in setting up our formations/tactics in previous games and I know he favours 4-3-3 as he did at Chelsea and WHU.

As for Andy Carroll. He doesn't need wingers crossing the ball in for him all the time as he is great on the deck. He will also be a threat at corners/free kicks/goal kicks in the air so I don't really see the need for us having to sign wingers just to feed him the ball all the time. If we got Lavezzi, Marveaux and another winger that would give us the option to play 4-3-3 as our main system and then if we needed to revert to 4-4-2 it would also be an option with Marveaux and other said winger on either flank.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the two formations below used for most of next season...

Formation 1

------------------------Reina---------------------------

Kelly---------Carragher---------Agger-----------Coentrao

-------Gerrard----------Lucas---------R Meireles--------

----Suarez-------------Carroll----------------Lavezzi----

Formation 2

------------------------Reina---------------------------

Kelly---------Carragher---------Agger-----------Coentrao

Elia-----------Gerrard-----------Lucas----------Marveaux

----------------Suarez--------Carroll-------------------
      kopite94
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #42: Mar 04, 2011 02:24:27 pm
      Coming from somebody who regularly watches serie a, i personally wouldnt sign him, there are better and cheaper targets out there that would do a better job for us.
      e.g SWP
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #43: Mar 04, 2011 02:34:58 pm
      SWP is absolute sh*t. I'm not the biggest fan of Lavezzi but he's worlds better then SWP.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #44: Mar 04, 2011 02:53:25 pm
      Coming from somebody who regularly watches serie a, i personally wouldnt sign him, there are better and cheaper targets out there that would do a better job for us.
      e.g SWP

Apart from the fact he's not good enough, people forget how old SWP is as well, 30 this year and that doesn't fit in with our current owners supposed buying plan.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #45: Mar 04, 2011 02:58:52 pm
      Going off NESV's record and the information about their past dealings given to us by posters such as AZPatriot, I would not be all that surprised if Kuyt is on his way out in the summer while he's still worth something. Just my suspicion.

That's why he's been offered a new contract? Or are in contract talks.

Quick Reply