Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli)

Read 20942 times
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Re: Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli)
      Reply #46: Mar 04, 2011 03:08:20 pm
      Coming from somebody who regularly watches serie a, i personally wouldnt sign him, there are better and cheaper targets out there that would do a better job for us.
      e.g SWP

SWP is definitely not a better choice.

Wouldn't mind Lavezzi here, it would give us options and some quality depth
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #47: Mar 04, 2011 03:30:17 pm
      Coming from somebody who regularly watches serie a, i personally wouldnt sign him, there are better and cheaper targets out there that would do a better job for us.
      e.g SWP

Well, your right about one thing, SWP would be cheaper. That's about it though. SWP is god awful.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #48: Mar 04, 2011 03:58:10 pm
      SWP no way.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #49: Mar 14, 2011 11:52:41 pm
      I watch every single Napoli Game because of my countryman Cavani, and I must say Lavezzi has got skill, yes, but he is not a good team player. In fact, he wastes more chances than the ones he creates, he can have great matches but overall, Id rather have someone else . He is nothing like Tevez, Carlitos is a Force of nature! He just keeps on and on. Plus, his skills are not on the same level as Tevez.

Thats just my opinion of course.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #50: Mar 15, 2011 05:44:04 am
      He is a bit sporadic in his shooting but i don't think you can say he is no team player. Cavani wouldn't be having the season he is without Lavezzi.
      Redmen96
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #51: Mar 15, 2011 09:34:15 am
      With all respect i think we can spend our money in better ways. I haven't seen him playing that much but i can tell you we don't need him.
      We gotta be looking for pacey wingers if we are to make most out of Carroll!
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #52: Mar 15, 2011 10:33:11 am
      Lavezzi is quality but not sure if he would be the best use of our cash just yet, we need a flying winger with great delivery, anybody reckon Beckham is worth a punt? :)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #53: Mar 15, 2011 10:48:14 am
      Beckham? F**k off!

I agree with the general sentiment that we need wingers but I still want to see another decent striker come in. I'm sick of having such a thin squad that when one striker is injured, we're crippled for the next game and have to rely on Kuyt or Ngog (the ManUre game was a on-off for Kuyt and we all know it).
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #54: Mar 15, 2011 10:54:07 am
      *one-off
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #55: Mar 15, 2011 11:20:14 am
      i was only being tongue in cheek mate as if we want that overrated over the hill manc belle end here, i also reckon we might be able to woo gary neville out of retiremnt to solve our defensive usses :)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #56: Mar 15, 2011 11:23:49 am
      i was only being tongue in cheek mate as if we want that overrated over the hill manc belle end here, i also reckon we might be able to woo gary neville out of retiremnt to solve our defensive usses :)

I see, our defenders would get to use Neville as a punching bag and 'find' a sense of unity, a oneness and be able to perform better as a unit.

I'd take Lavezzi, but definitely not as first option, others I'd prefer before him.

poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #57: Mar 15, 2011 11:36:05 am
      Ah man the stuff dreams are made of! Sod haye Vs klitchko who wouldn't rather see Carragher Vs Neville! Somebody make it so!

On another note from what i've heard Lavezzi is a right fiery little devil, cool having some players like him and Suarez now to really add some bite to the team!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #58: Mar 15, 2011 04:52:10 pm

Oh sorry mate, ;D. May I recommend this emoticon     :f_tongueincheek:      in future. Otherwise such talk could lead to a torrent of abuse!
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #59: Mar 15, 2011 08:57:16 pm
      I watch every single Napoli Game because of my countryman Cavani, and I must say Lavezzi has got skill, yes, but he is not a good team player. In fact, he wastes more chances than the ones he creates, he can have great matches but overall, Id rather have someone else . He is nothing like Tevez, Carlitos is a Force of nature! He just keeps on and on. Plus, his skills are not on the same level as Tevez.

Thats just my opinion of course.

I watch Napoli quite frequently, and he is one of their best players.  He is certainly not as good of a finisher as Cavani, but that is not his role.  He is a fantastic team player!  He defends from the front, puts defenders under pressure with his direct running, is always buzzing around the pitch, and uses his strength, speed, and dribbling skills to his advantage.  His crossing isn't the best, but he always manages to get into dangerous positions before cutting the ball back across the face of goal.  I see him as being the ideal competition/backup for Suarez, or a starter in a 3 man attack. 

I'm not sure how his effectiveness can be called into question.....so far this season he has 6 goals and 11 assists!  I would welcome that into our team any day of the week!  I also think he is well suited to the Prem.... he's strong, fast, and one tough motherfucker!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #60: Mar 15, 2011 09:17:59 pm
      Beckham? F**k off!

I agree with the general sentiment that we need wingers but I still want to see another decent striker come in. I'm sick of having such a thin squad that when one striker is injured, we're crippled for the next game and have to rely on Kuyt or Ngog (the ManUre game was a on-off for Kuyt and we all know it).

Would like another quality front man too
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #61: Mar 15, 2011 11:10:26 pm
      I watch Napoli quite frequently, and he is one of their best players.  He is certainly not as good of a finisher as Cavani, but that is not his role.  He is a fantastic team player!  He defends from the front, puts defenders under pressure with his direct running, is always buzzing around the pitch, and uses his strength, speed, and dribbling skills to his advantage.  His crossing isn't the best, but he always manages to get into dangerous positions before cutting the ball back across the face of goal.  I see him as being the ideal competition/backup for Suarez, or a starter in a 3 man attack. 

I'm not sure how his effectiveness can be called into question.....so far this season he has 6 goals and 11 assists!  I would welcome that into our team any day of the week!  I also think he is well suited to the Prem.... he's strong, fast, and one tough motherfucker!

I think he has a tendency to get himself into very difficult situations, and holds the ball too much for my taste, but as I said its my opinion. All Im saying is that he is not worth what De Laurentis asks from him.
      As for his effectiveness, you should take into account how many shots he fired to get those goals. And as for the assists, well, cant argue with the number, but he is pretty much the only one feeding balls to the other 2 forwards.

As I said, I would prefer to have someone else in my team, given the 20M Napoli want.

Can someone explain why most of you guys are obsessed with another winger? Dont you think you need someone to feed proper balls to the forwards, a classic playmaker?

Im asking because im not that familiar with the English style of play. In South America its almost a sin to play without a "number 10"
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #62: Mar 15, 2011 11:18:23 pm
      Ezequiel Lavezzi has got 6 goals, 11 assists in 23 games. He's also had 63 shots in those games.

Created/scored 17 goals in 23 games, that is mighty impressive. Would form a fantastic partner ship with Suarez and Carroll.

Not sure if nesv will want to spend 20 million on a 26 year old next month, might just be slighty to old.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #63: Mar 16, 2011 01:11:17 am
      Ezequiel Lavezzi has got 6 goals, 11 assists in 23 games. He's also had 63 shots in those games.

Created/scored 17 goals in 23 games, that is mighty impressive. Would form a fantastic partner ship with Suarez and Carroll.

Not sure if nesv will want to spend 20 million on a 26 year old next month, might just be slighty to old.

Although the assists and goals to games ratio is impressive - it worries me a hell of a lot that we will spend £20m on a player that has scored 6 goals after 63 attempts at goal. That statistic seems very poor. Would prefer a more out n out striker to a second striker.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #64: Mar 16, 2011 01:16:07 am
      And it seems as though Lavezzi is taking a majority of the glory for Cavani scoring so many goals this season - maybe it is the quality of the finisher and not the person creating the goals?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #65: Mar 16, 2011 02:09:08 pm
      Great finisher but he has a poor overall game IMO (Cavani). Lavezzi is the key for them in attack and the reason Cavani is having such a good season. I didn't see clubs lining up for him while at Palermo where his record was just decent.
      thekopster
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -5 
      Reply #66: Mar 17, 2011 10:07:52 pm
      really need a player like this now, tonights game lacked anyone with any attacking ability or vision to pick a pass in the final third.
      xabi7
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #67: Mar 20, 2011 07:29:08 pm
                                                                           Reina                                                                             
                                         Johnson        Chiellini                 Agger                 coentrao           

Gerrard      Hamsik       Meireles                                                         

suarez                         Aguero                                Sanchez
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #68: Mar 20, 2011 07:47:07 pm
      Carroll?

Quick Reply