Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Hodgson takes West Brom Job

Read 36658 times
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Re: Hodgson takes West Brom Job
      Reply #184: Apr 02, 2011 05:27:22 pm
      Such a dickhead.

His time at Liverpool just blew him open. He isn't that great of a manager and he can't handle a club with great expectations because he has the mentality of a mid table manager.

But for Kenny to show massive respect to the man when he was here and when he isn't, he still comes out and says Kenny made his job difficult.

I cannot understand this either.  He comes out with so many contradictory statements to try to protect his 'reputation' as he sees fit.   One the one hand he kept saying he wanted Kenny around, now he's saying he found it difficult.  Bizarre.

Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #185: Apr 02, 2011 11:16:34 pm
      He doesn't even register as a Liverpool manager to me.
      Exactly the same for me mate.

Just like the Egyptians would vandalise the faces of Pharaohs they didn't like from pictures and statues after they had died, to wipe them from history, I wish we could do the same for woy.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #186: Apr 02, 2011 11:24:02 pm
      So now he's taking credit for scouting Carroll and Suarez.  WTF  :f_steam:

Hodgson said: “Liverpool have got two outstanding front players who are raring to go. Carroll and Suárez, who I scouted, were on a list of players we were considering.

“Carroll was the most wanted striker in English football and Suárez was on everyone’s list after the World Cup and his time at Ajax.”

It's the last bit of the interview.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4934 
      Reply #187: Apr 02, 2011 11:33:07 pm
      So now he's taking credit for scouting Carroll and Suarez.  WTF  :f_steam:

Hodgson said: “Liverpool have got two outstanding front players who are raring to go. Carroll and Suárez, who I scouted, were on a list of players we were considering.

“Carroll was the most wanted striker in English football and Suárez was on everyone’s list after the World Cup and his time at Ajax.”

It's the last bit of the interview.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football

Saw that today Debs and is typical of the man.

I'll not lie as I was hoping we would thrash them today but didn't happen but now I think now we can forget about Hodgson. He was a guy who should never been our manager and has proved that in every way he has acted while here and since he left.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #188: Apr 02, 2011 11:41:44 pm
      Saw that today Debs and is typical of the man.

I'll not lie as I was hoping we would thrash them today but didn't happen but now I think now we can forget about Hodgson. He was a guy who should never been our manager and has proved that in every way he has acted while here and since he left.

He's such a smug bas**rd mate, yet the media can't see it.  I just want to smash his face in, so he'll shut the f**k up.

It's not helped my mood getting beaten today, I so wanted us to go there and give them a lesson like we did against the scum  :f_steam:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4934 
      Reply #189: Apr 02, 2011 11:51:35 pm
      He's such a smug bas**rd mate, yet the media can't see it.  I just want to smash his face in, so he'll shut the f**k up.

It's not helped my mood getting beaten today, I so wanted us to go there and give them a lesson like we did against the scum  :f_steam:

I do agree and he winds me up as well. I'm still pissed that he is probably sitting with a smug grin tonight but as I said I think I've got him out of my system after today even after the defeat.

As Huyton Red said earlier, it's best that we don't even register him as having been a Liverpool manager.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #190: Apr 02, 2011 11:51:59 pm
      Roy talking utter crap. He said he wasn't interested in this interview

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6563913,00.html
      Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has dismissed rumours linking him with moves for Ronaldinho, Ashley Young and Luis Suarez in January.

The Reds boss will be watched closely over his activity in the transfer market in January following New England Sports Ventures' takeover in October, where he is expected to have some money to spend.

All three players are likely to command an eight-figure sum from their respective clubs, but despite Hodgson stating that he admired Young, no negotiations with his club, Aston Villa, had taken place.

"Ronaldinho and Suarez are players who we have never even thought about but I would think there is not a manager in the Premier League who has not given Ashley Young a thought at some stage or another," said Hodgson.

"But giving a player a thought and thinking 'This is a good player' and signing him are two vastly different things.

"I could give you quite a long list of players in the Premier League who I admire and think are very good.

No truth

"But there is no truth in the rumour. If you are asking if there are any negotiations taking place between Aston Villa and Liverpool, then there aren't."

NESV's principal figures John Henry and Tom Werner are on Merseyside at the current time, and Hodgson admitted he was impressed by their plans, opting to focus on bringing through young talent rather than a quick fix.

"We have got new owners who are working unbelievably hard and putting in enormous hours at the club, both here physically, as they are at the moment, and even when they are in America spending hours studying games and liaising with us here," he added.

"They are very interested in pushing the club forward but they want to push it forward in the right way.

"I have been impressed with their thoughts when we have discussed the squad, players and transfers.

"But at the moment we haven't got to the stage where we have sat down and said we are going to do this or that - that will certainly feature in our discussions while John and Tom are in the country.

"Going out and splashing a load of money on players who may or may not be the ones for us in the future might not just be the right way.

"We might need to be more logical and certainly do a lot more research and have an approach which not just takes in four months of 2011 but also takes into account 2011 through 2015 to bring this club back up to where it wants to be.

"I don't think we are alone in that situation, I think clubs in the Premier League are being pushed by fans and mass media to go out and splash money.

"But, with the notable exception of Manchester City, most others have a slightly different approach and I don't see why we should be any different to that."
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #191: Apr 03, 2011 12:23:51 am
      Suarez and Carroll on his list? Yeah, right.

More like Zamora and Cole.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #192: Apr 03, 2011 11:49:35 am
      I do agree and he winds me up as well. I'm still pissed that he is probably sitting with a smug grin tonight but as I said I think I've got him out of my system after today even after the defeat.

As Huyton Red said earlier, it's best that we don't even register him as having been a Liverpool manager.

I agree mate.  Now that game's over we can move on and with time try to forget his reign ever happened.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #193: Apr 03, 2011 03:41:36 pm
      Doing a cracking job at West Brom. More premier league football for them next year.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #194: Apr 03, 2011 03:49:48 pm
      Doing a cracking job at West Brom. More premier league football for them next year.

Found his F***ing level at last!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #195: Apr 03, 2011 03:53:31 pm

Yup. A level which he should stay at.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #196: Apr 03, 2011 07:32:55 pm
      But it is a level some one thought was good enough for us
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #199: Apr 04, 2011 04:58:09 pm
      Hahaha, I bought a Xabi Alonso sign mount from that seller for the same price.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #201: Apr 05, 2011 04:21:23 am
      But it is a level some one thought was good enough for us

He came into Liverpool with his mind still on Fulham. All of his signings would of been fine for Fulham, but not Liverpool. He made stupid signings that we now must pay for, literally. He belongs in the lower table teams.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #202: Apr 07, 2011 05:31:28 pm
      On SKY and they're on about his record of never been relegated.

well F**k me it says a lot about your managerial ability and level when they have to mention a given as a plus point.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #203: Apr 07, 2011 05:34:30 pm
      On SKY and they're on about his record of never been relegated.

well f**k me it says a lot about your managerial ability and level when they have to mention a given as a plus point.

Surely that would have meant he'd have saved us from certain relegation ! :f_tongueincheek:
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #204: Apr 07, 2011 05:44:54 pm
      Surely that would have meant he'd have saved us from certain relegation ! :f_tongueincheek:

No, as he said the squad wasn't good enough. We were doomed for relegation under the great Hodgson.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #205: Apr 10, 2011 10:58:46 am
      I can't believe they still haven't lost. Two away wins already since Hodgson took charge!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #206: Apr 10, 2011 11:00:18 am
      I can't believe they still haven't lost. Two away wins already since Hodgson took charge!

We got rid of him too soon.

Quick Reply