Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Hodgson takes West Brom Job

Read 36552 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Re: Hodgson takes West Brom Job
      Reply #253: Oct 22, 2011 09:18:06 am
      Former Liverpool FC boss Roy Hodgson trying to rewrite history

by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo
      Oct 22 2011

THE England job is up for grabs next summer and Roy Hodgsonā€™s PR offensive is already underway.

The West Brom boss is desperately trying to gloss over his dismal failure at Anfield by claiming he was on a hiding to nothing.

ā€œThere was turmoil at the club, a lot of players unsettled, I was appointed by Christian Purslow, who was already unpopular, and the fans wanted Kenny,ā€ he said. ā€œI was either brave or stupid enough to take on the challenge.

ā€œWhen Kenny came in, the mood lightened but spending Ā£100m didnā€™t hurt. Things would have got much better if I had stayed - with the right backing.ā€

Of course it would Roy. His poor attempt at trying to rewrite history should fool no-one. He inherited a mess but succeeded only in accelerating the clubā€™s decline.

And the idea of the man who signed Christian Poulsen and Paul Konchesky being given a sizeable wad of cash to spend is enough to send a shiver down any Kopiteā€™s spine.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/10/22/blood-red-former-liverpool-fc-boss-roy-hodgson-trying-to-rewrite-history-100252-29638781/
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #254: Oct 22, 2011 09:24:25 am
      No Roy! you would have just spent the money on Carlton Cole and Bobby Zamora.

The man's arrogance shows no limits....no wonder he's mates with Slur Alec!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #255: Oct 22, 2011 01:16:25 pm
      Former Liverpool FC boss Roy Hodgson trying to rewrite history

by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo
      Oct 22 2011

THE England job is up for grabs next summer and Roy Hodgsonā€™s PR offensive is already underway.

The West Brom boss is desperately trying to gloss over his dismal failure at Anfield by claiming he was on a hiding to nothing.

ā€œThere was turmoil at the club, a lot of players unsettled, I was appointed by Christian Purslow, who was already unpopular, and the fans wanted Kenny,ā€ he said. ā€œI was either brave or stupid enough to take on the challenge.

ā€œWhen Kenny came in, the mood lightened but spending Ā£100m didnā€™t hurt. Things would have got much better if I had stayed - with the right backing.ā€

Of course it would Roy. His poor attempt at trying to rewrite history should fool no-one. He inherited a mess but succeeded only in accelerating the clubā€™s decline.

And the idea of the man who signed Christian Poulsen and Paul Konchesky being given a sizeable wad of cash to spend is enough to send a shiver down any Kopiteā€™s spine.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/10/22/blood-red-former-liverpool-fc-boss-roy-hodgson-trying-to-rewrite-history-100252-29638781/

He'll need the best PR company going if he wants to get the England job. Good ol' Harry is a cert for that job, so Project Owl can F***ing do one re-writing history. I wonder how the West Brom fans that have accepted him, would feel after reading that.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #256: Oct 22, 2011 01:23:43 pm
      Everyone knows Hodgeson is managing at the level he is capable of with the exeption of Purslow
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #257: Oct 28, 2011 11:14:38 pm

Hodgson: Buying Suarez? That was my idea

Published 21:45 28/10/11
      By James Nursey

Roy Hodgson has put his West Brom side on alert for Luis Suarez - and he should know, after first identifying the striker as a future Liverpool star when he was Reds manager.

Albion boss Hodgson faces his previous employers, who axed him in January after only six months in charge, in Saturday's tea-time kick-off.

Hodgson was widely criticised on Merseyside, despite taking the helm while unpopular former owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett were selling up.

Now, Hodgson insists he helped set in motion Liverpool's capture of Uruguayan goal machine Suarez, who was eventually bought from Ajax by his successor Kenny Dalglish in January for Ā£22.8million.

Suarez has been one of the stars of the season, and took his goal tally to eight with a superb Carling Cup double at Stoke in midweek.

"Yes, we looked at him," said Hodgson. "But it was at a time the club was in the throes of a change of ownership.

"There was no question of making a bid. It was in between the two transfer windows.

"I went to see him play in a Champions League game against Milan.

"Kenny also saw him play - Kenny was doing a lot of scouting alongside me when I was there - so Suarez was well-researched.

"They took the plunge with Suarez and have been well rewarded. He has been outstandingly good.

"He is playing very well and is a magnificent signing for the club.

"He had the best of all possible starts, which is important when you come to a big club like Liverpool.

"The fans are ready to embrace new players, but they want to see them playing well and Luis Suarez has done that.

"We must be aware that he is going to be a key figure in their attacking play. We have to do our best to keep him quiet but it is not going to be an easy job."

Hodgson insists he harbours no bitterness about his short-lived Reds reign because he quickly returned to management at the Baggies, where he has been successful.

The former Fulham chief added: "I was luckily enough to be given the job there [at Liverpool].

"Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to stay as long as I would have liked - to see the new ownership come in and have a chance to build the team.

"I came in at a period where I knew it might be a little bit turbulent. When things change and new owners come in these things happen.

"But I have no regrets about taking the job.

"Being involved with West Brom has helped me. If I'd have been sitting at home for the last eight or nine months, watching TV, maybe then I might have been guilty of thinking, 'What if?'"

Hodgson says Liverpool's plight was so grave under Hicks and Gillett that the club faced possible administration prior to their takeover by New England Sports Ventures.

"The fact is, when I went in it was a time of transition and the first job for the people who employed me was to make sure the club didn't go into liquidation," he said.

"It didn't get close because of the great job managing director Christian Purslow and chairman Martin Broughton did in being able to find new owners.

"There were major problems with the previous owners not being able to meet the banks' demands and the bank closing the club down.

"Christian and Martin did have an important job on their hands to make certain new owners were found so that the club could move forward, which is what happened."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-Roy-Hodgson-reveals-Luis-Suarez-was-already-a-target-when-he-was-manager-article822677.html
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #258: Oct 28, 2011 11:41:39 pm
      Have to say, nothing wrong said by him there. He did come at a turbulent time. It's not his fault he was hired. He was way out of his depth, but shouldn't have been considered at all.

That being said, f**k off and get tw*tted this weekend you owl-faced sack of sh*t :)
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • JĆ¼rgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #259: Oct 29, 2011 12:41:36 am

Published 21:45 28/10/11
      By James Nursey

Roy Hodgson has put his West Brom side on alert for Luis Suarez - and he should know, after first identifying the striker as a future Liverpool star when he was Reds manager.

Albion boss Hodgson faces his previous employers, who axed him in January after only six months in charge, in Saturday's tea-time kick-off.

Hodgson was widely criticised on Merseyside, despite taking the helm while unpopular former owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett were selling up.

Now, Hodgson insists he helped set in motion Liverpool's capture of Uruguayan goal machine Suarez, who was eventually bought from Ajax by his successor Kenny Dalglish in January for Ā£22.8million.

Suarez has been one of the stars of the season, and took his goal tally to eight with a superb Carling Cup double at Stoke in midweek.

"Yes, we looked at him," said Hodgson. "But it was at a time the club was in the throes of a change of ownership.

"There was no question of making a bid. It was in between the two transfer windows.

"I went to see him play in a Champions League game against Milan.

"Kenny also saw him play - Kenny was doing a lot of scouting alongside me when I was there - so Suarez was well-researched.

"They took the plunge with Suarez and have been well rewarded. He has been outstandingly good.

"He is playing very well and is a magnificent signing for the club.

"He had the best of all possible starts, which is important when you come to a big club like Liverpool.

"The fans are ready to embrace new players, but they want to see them playing well and Luis Suarez has done that.

"We must be aware that he is going to be a key figure in their attacking play. We have to do our best to keep him quiet but it is not going to be an easy job."

Hodgson insists he harbours no bitterness about his short-lived Reds reign because he quickly returned to management at the Baggies, where he has been successful.

The former Fulham chief added: "I was luckily enough to be given the job there [at Liverpool].

"Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to stay as long as I would have liked - to see the new ownership come in and have a chance to build the team.

"I came in at a period where I knew it might be a little bit turbulent. When things change and new owners come in these things happen.

"But I have no regrets about taking the job.

"Being involved with West Brom has helped me. If I'd have been sitting at home for the last eight or nine months, watching TV, maybe then I might have been guilty of thinking, 'What if?'"

Hodgson says Liverpool's plight was so grave under Hicks and Gillett that the club faced possible administration prior to their takeover by New England Sports Ventures.

"The fact is, when I went in it was a time of transition and the first job for the people who employed me was to make sure the club didn't go into liquidation," he said.

"It didn't get close because of the great job managing director Christian Purslow and chairman Martin Broughton did in being able to find new owners.

"There were major problems with the previous owners not being able to meet the banks' demands and the bank closing the club down.

"Christian and Martin did have an important job on their hands to make certain new owners were found so that the club could move forward, which is what happened."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-Roy-Hodgson-reveals-Luis-Suarez-was-already-a-target-when-he-was-manager-article822677.html

Dellusion's of a fcuking no-mark. Let's just stuff the Owlfaced tw*t later today and let him bask in the glory of ''HIS SIGNING'' little luis fo rus. What a wnak. Thanks ''Woy'' :jackoff:
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #260: Oct 29, 2011 09:58:42 am

Rofl.

Quote from him last december, when he was asked about some players he was linked with :
      ā€œRonaldinho and Suarez are players who we have never even thought about but I would think there is not a manager in the Premier League who has not given Ashley Young a thought at some stage or another,ā€

And that other quote from him, listing the clubs he hoped to deal with (and giving an idea of the worrying kind of players he was searching) :
      "I accept I may make a rod for my own back by not bringing in people, but we are targeting players whose clubs don't want to let go even if we offer them good money, and that makes it tricky," he explained. "However if by any chance Fulham, Blackburn or Stoke are willing to release such players then I am sure we would be an appealing prospect as Liverpool is arguably the second most important club in the country"
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #261: Oct 29, 2011 10:25:05 am
      Is that second quote serious? I never heard that one before.

The F***ing prune faced owl c**t makes me F***ing angry. So F***ing pissed he managed our club.

That's it, let's F***ing batter them 8-0 and shove it up his arse.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #262: Oct 29, 2011 10:30:57 am
      Im proud must Liverpool fans saw through him and didn't believe what they were being told by the media unlike his biggest fans gazza Bigmick and saint
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #263: Oct 29, 2011 10:34:41 am
      Im proud must Liverpool fans saw through him and didn't believe what they were being told by the media unlike his biggest fans gazza Bigmick and saint

No need for that, corbs.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #264: Oct 29, 2011 10:41:05 am
      I got warned for that crouch for what drawing attention to who his biggest fans were when he was here.  It was done to give a bit of prospective to a  certain posters posts on the Rafa thread.  New posters may have been unaware how pro Hodgson these posters were
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #265: Oct 29, 2011 10:56:58 am
      Sorry I've took the quote from the Hodgson thread in RAWK, but it seems the second part is false (doing a search of ""However if by any chance Fulham, Blackburn or Stoke are willing to release such players"), I've only found the quote on redcafe and R&W Kop, no news site ; I guess this part has been fabricated by Redcafe users to make him say "arguably the second most important club in the country", then was posted by someone on RAWK as a real one).
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #266: Oct 29, 2011 10:59:25 am
      I got warned for that crouch for what drawing attention to who his biggest fans were when he was here.  It was done to give a bit of prospective to a  certain posters posts on the Rafa thread.  New posters may have been unaware how pro Hodgson these posters were

Of course you did. Don't goad people.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #267: Oct 29, 2011 11:04:05 am
      Stating a fact ain't goading people they were his biggest supporters when he was here on this forum along with don77. I dont want people to forget this especially when one is having a daily hop off Rafa
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #268: Oct 29, 2011 11:14:02 am
      Stating a fact ain't goading people they were his biggest supporters when he was here on this forum along with don77. I dont want people to forget this especially when one is having a daily hop off Rafa

Just watching the forum rather than posting these days  because to many WUMs, but ffs stop posting sh*te. If you believe it's not sh*te then post any comment when I said he was the right man.

In fact I challenge you to find a post when I said I wanted Roy to stay, the challenge is if you can't it means you a liar and you don't post on the site anymore, simple really.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #269: Oct 29, 2011 11:14:33 am
      He's well sussed corbs and everyone's got his number.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #270: Oct 29, 2011 11:20:21 am
      Gazza anyone that wants to find the thread can not hard to do. You only wanted gone after the blackburn match when it was obvious he hadn't a F***ing clue.  Would you disagree with me then that you were one of his few supporters on here on
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #271: Oct 29, 2011 11:29:43 am
      Gazza anyone that wants to find the thread can not hard to do. You only wanted gone after the blackburn match when it was obvious he hadn't a F***ing clue.  Would you disagree with me then that you were one of his few supporters on here on

Mate that you cannot figure out that there is a difference between slagging off a guy or not wanting him here to getting behind him when he is Liverpool manager shows what kind of Liverpool fan you are, the end.......unless you repeating it in the Adam thread or anyone else at Liverpool YOU don't rate ffs :mad:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #272: Oct 29, 2011 11:40:05 am
      There is a difference between supporting and thinking a lad is the right man for the job. It was clear to anyone that properly followed Hodgson closely would have known prior to his arrival he would be out of his depth but when i saw comments like now we will see some attacking football i knew there was people completely unaware of Hodgson and the type of football he played in his 36years in football he
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #273: Oct 29, 2011 11:52:43 am
      And this is why you got a warning.

Stop goading people into debates that are either obvious or done to death.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #274: Oct 29, 2011 11:59:07 am
      As i said i wasn't goading i was stating a fact thought the warning was harsh. anyway got my point across im out of here
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #275: Nov 01, 2011 03:14:28 pm
      ROFL.

I just received my membership pack and in there, there's a book about all the men who have managed Liverpool up to Kenny's current tenure.

I skimmed through the book and I think all the managers had "5 Great Matches" in their section except for Woy! ROFL

Quick Reply