Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Hodgson takes West Brom Job

Read 37091 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Hodgson takes West Brom Job
      Reply #69: Feb 11, 2011 09:26:42 pm
      Mehhh, got nothing against the guy, he just wasn't good enough for Liverpool.

Good luck Roy.

However, have to say this, wonder how long he will blame bad results on Roberto Di Matteo. "We were on a poor run of form when I took over. It was always going to be difficult to keep us in the premier league"
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #70: Feb 11, 2011 09:39:06 pm
      Don't you know he is the current LMA manager of the year
      Just shows ya what a joke that can be.

Seriously though, I have so much contempt for that guy, even when I saw him on tv earlier when they were reporting this, I wanted to throw something at the telly. Wish he would just retire and F**k off for good.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #71: Feb 11, 2011 09:41:40 pm
      I can't say I'm suprised at this really. When I heard Di Matteo was sacked, I said to a fair few people I bet Roy gets the job, that reminds, me I need to collect my winnings! ;)

2nd April will be interesting for him I'm sure. Although, I think this reporter has it wrong:

West Bromwich Albion's new manager would hardly be human were he not keen to remind his former employer of the qualities they so quickly discarded.

Qualities? Quickly discarded? I think everyone connected to LFC suffered long enough from a manager who was not good enough for us.

But good luck to him at his new club.
      NorthernIrishRed
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 195 posts |
      Reply #72: Feb 11, 2011 10:33:17 pm
      I know a few WBA fans who are happy with this appointment. The baggies have played some decent football this season so I don't know how he'll fit in to that category, he had us playing the most boring and backward football I've seen....was a horror to watch us but let's not turn this in to a slate him thread, hell do good with a small team with a small budget And av them playing classy defensive football :)
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #73: Feb 12, 2011 12:27:37 am
      Why would you tell fans wishing him well to f**k off? God sake man, people are entitled to do what they want. And yes, I know you're probably going to reply with he ruined our clud ect.. which I agree with but at the end of the day he's not a bad or mallicious person. Just got a job that was too big for him and thought he could do it. Doesn't give you the right to tell people wishing him well for the future to f**k off. Very narrow minded and childish if you ask me.
      Could'nt agree more Kenny lad.The man was just purely out of his depth.imo.Would like to think/hope he might consider taking CP & PK off our hands tho.Good Luck Roy.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #74: Feb 12, 2011 12:49:43 am
      Ha,

Do the Owners and board at WBA watch Football?

Who would of given Hodgson another job after the disastrous clusterfuck of a job he did at Anfield?
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #75: Feb 12, 2011 12:54:17 am

Roy Hodgson to sign, poulson/jovanovic/kyriacos/konchesky/ngog for Brom in summer......hopefully..
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #76: Feb 12, 2011 04:59:57 am
      Poulsen and Konchesky for a combined 6 million to West Brom next window?   :action-smiley-035:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #77: Feb 12, 2011 07:25:29 am
      Hahahahahahahahahahahaha haha!

West brom, you so silli
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #78: Feb 12, 2011 07:39:57 am
      I know a few WBA fans who are happy with this appointment. The baggies have played some decent football this season so I don't know how he'll fit in to that category, he had us playing the most boring and backward football I've seen....was a horror to watch us but let's not turn this in to a slate him thread, hell do good with a small team with a small budget And av them playing classy defensive football :)
      Maybe they have given up on tis season, and think he's the man to bring them back up again next season! Can't believe they would prefer Hodgson to Hughton.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #79: Feb 12, 2011 12:33:59 pm
      If they go down, Hodgson will leave. His chances at getting the England job while working in the Championship would be hurt.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3894 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #80: Feb 12, 2011 12:41:07 pm
      To be honest, and childish, I'm just looking forward to when he attempts to say West Bromwich Albion :)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #81: Feb 12, 2011 01:45:45 pm
      Why would you tell fans wishing him well to f**k off? God sake man, people are entitled to do what they want. And yes, i know you're probably going to reply with he ruined our clud ect.. which i agree with but at the end of the day he's not a bad or mallicious person. Just got a job that was too big for him and thought he could do it. Doesn't give you the right to tell people wishing him well for the future to f**k off. Very narrow minded and childish if you ask me.

The reason I'm saying F**k off to anyone who wishes him well is because of the way he insulted LFC fans with his shitty F***ing gob and if any LFC fan wants to wish him well then they can but I reserve the right also to say whats on my mind and thats a resounding F**k off. You say he isn't malicious, search the threads mate and see some of the nasty vile sh*te that come from his nasty gob. The SSN portrayed image of him being a nice man is bollocks and should be treated as such.

I can never be accused of being narrow minded but you can call me realistic, something you should try and learn a bit of.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #82: Feb 12, 2011 03:43:05 pm
      3 nil?

Jesus, maybe Hodgson finally learned his lesson that attacking football wins matches
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #83: Feb 12, 2011 03:50:58 pm
      3 nil?

Jesus, maybe Hodgson finally learned his lesson that attacking football wins matches

West Ham is that sh*te.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #84: Feb 12, 2011 03:51:34 pm
      3 nil?

Nah, its a home game for them as well.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #85: Feb 12, 2011 03:54:24 pm
      He's not in charge though yet is he?

EDIT: Looks like he is indeed. Well in Woy! Always regretted you leaving us.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #86: Feb 12, 2011 04:53:35 pm
      And they've blown it. 3-3.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #87: Feb 12, 2011 05:19:51 pm
      I wish him all the best.  It didn't work out for us and that was largely of his own doing unfortunately.

If I hear anyone else on sly sports mention he is manager of the year....... it doesn't mean sh*te in reality.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #88: Feb 12, 2011 11:09:27 pm
      Good appointment IMO he's got a tough job but they are really leaking goals at the moment and Roy Hodgson will tighten that up.

They have a good chance of staying up i think look what he did with Fulham.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #89: Feb 13, 2011 01:39:00 am
      Jeez....feel sorry for West Brom fans, the thought of having him as a Manager chills my bones. He was the only Liverpool Manager that I hated, had no time for his negative tactics at all and that face rubbing did my f***in head in  >:(
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #90: Feb 13, 2011 04:01:49 am
      typical Woy then, race into a comfortable lead, sit back to keep it and then boom it's gone.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #91: Feb 13, 2011 09:18:39 am
      Jeez....feel sorry for West Brom fans, the thought of having him as a Manager chills my bones. He was the only Liverpool Manager that I hated, had no time for his negative tactics at all and that face rubbing did my f***in head in  >:(

He'd do far better at a relegation team, so I think they'll be fine for this season.  Though West Brom fans have been watching good attacking football, now they have ugly long ball football.

Quick Reply