Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Hodgson breaks silence on Anfield “hurt”

Read 10539 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Hodgson breaks silence on Anfield “hurt”
      Reply #23: Feb 15, 2011 06:32:16 pm
      So instead of admitting his mistakes, he yet again talks about himself. Even trying to make it seem like it wasn't that bad under him.

I'd have respect for him if he at least said he was just not good enough for us. But instead he continues being an arrogant pr**k.

Hope WBA get relegated now.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #24: Feb 15, 2011 06:42:22 pm
      I wonder if he was thrown a dead mouse by the press for mentioning Liverpool!!
      ;D

Seriously though, doesn't it make you shed a tear that that group of people never really gave him a chance. It's all our fault :P
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #25: Feb 15, 2011 06:46:51 pm
      If we weren't over the internet, you'd hear the sound of the worlds smallest violin.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #26: Feb 15, 2011 06:50:56 pm
      ;D

Seriously though, doesn't it make you shed a tear that that group of people never really gave him a chance. It's all our fault :P
      It certainly did Dave but now somebody else is saddled with the whopper it's onward and upward, he can ramble 24/7 it means F**k all to LFC.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #27: Feb 15, 2011 06:54:18 pm
      He really believes that he has a good cv.  Still can't believe people think he's a nice bloke when he makes snidey comments like this.

Unfortunately, that's exactly what we did do Roy and we didn't like what we saw  :mad:

“Do I still feel I’ve got something to prove? No I think my 36 years, for those who care to study it, speaks for itself,” said Hodgson. “I don’t think I’ve got anything to prove. I do feel I’ve got a very important job on my hands.

“A lot of people are depending on me to help the club retain its Premier League status. I feel that pressure and responsibility but I don’t feel I’ve got anything to prove.”
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #28: Feb 15, 2011 06:57:52 pm

"During the War. ..."
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #29: Feb 15, 2011 07:19:14 pm
      I wonder if he was thrown a dead mouse by the press for mentioning Liverpool!!

Nearly spat out my beer!

:lmao:

EDIT:

Just saw this one as well!

:D
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #30: Feb 15, 2011 07:30:49 pm
      What about our F***ing hurt?

Having to watch our beloved team being fu**ed up and made so boring to watch by that "manager"

F**k him I'll never feel sorry for him especially when after getting some poor results against teams we should have beaten have left us some pace of 4th
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31: Feb 15, 2011 08:28:38 pm
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #32: Feb 15, 2011 08:44:43 pm
      Utter rubbish roy,not everyone wanted you but we were willing to give you a chance,you fu**ed that up by playing sh*t football and blaming everyone but yourself.

You fu**ed that up by every time you opened your gob making every liverpool fan squirm in a mixture of bewilderment and embarresment.

And you fu**ed it up by offloading some quality players and replacing them with sub standard dross.

So show some dignity and shut up and stop going on about YOU.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #33: Feb 15, 2011 08:51:57 pm
      Trying to defend himself and pass the blame as per usual. It was all the nasty work at our hands, ya whatever F**k off Roy.

Noticed the way he said that all the people that wanted him at the club had left so I can only assume that that was H & G., maybe they did follow the EPL closely?
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #34: Feb 15, 2011 09:20:10 pm
      I also read he blamed him leaving on two bad results. 

I mean did he not even see how he was getting us to play, it was bloody horrendous.  I can only assume the press are saving up all their observations about his tactics in case he gets the England job - to then hound him out.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #35: Feb 15, 2011 11:00:49 pm
      I just can't believe that he genuinely thinks he's one of the best managers in Europe just because he's won some mickey mouse trophies and has 35 36 years of managerial experience.

It is even more unbelievable that a manager who claims to have that experience doesn't know where Raul Meireles should be playing or can't see the fact that he's made Liverpool (it's LIVERPOOL FC for goodness sake) to play like a midtable team.

He should use his 36 years of experience and try to explain how King Kenny has got the same team to collect 14 points from 7 matches. Considering Roy got 25 points from 20 matches, that's almost 8.8 points from 6.99 matches.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #36: Feb 15, 2011 11:57:05 pm
      "I don't know if this lot are good enough to stay up"

Reverse Psychology by making your team dislike you?

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #37: Feb 16, 2011 11:16:15 am
      He's blaming H&G now and the fact that if we hadn't lost two games we would have been 6 points better off???
      H&G of course were instrumental in his appointment so by association RH in the managers job was not in the interest of LFC and their departure meant his days were numbered. Indirectly he is correct but he would never have got near the club had it not been for the nefarius schemes of the former owners.
      His second scapegoat is self explanatory.   
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #38: Feb 16, 2011 11:22:02 am
      He just can't see the fact that the main reason Liverpool fans wanted him out is because he is a what a Liverpool manager isn't.

I've said before that we accept losses and poor performances occasionally but never a manager who disrespects the fans, the club and it's traditions. Plus that with his negative football, poor management skills and embarassing interviews.

He blamed everyone and everything and is just so arrogant.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #39: Feb 16, 2011 01:12:53 pm
      Liverpool fans got me the boot, moans Hodgson
      Roy Hodgson believes his Liverpool reign was always doomed because fans at Anfield "wanted me gone."

Hodgson, 63, took over at West Brom yesterday a month after leaving Liverpool and admitted: "I can't for one minute suggest I felt wanted at Liverpool.

"The people who wanted me at Liverpool didn't stay for too long.

"The new owners at Liverpool found themselves in a difficult situation because we weren't winning enough games.

"The fans made it perfectly clear they wanted me gone and somebody else in.

"Of course I wasn't happy to be sacked by Liverpool.

"I went there with the right intentions to work for three years.

"I wanted to take Liverpool back to the very top spots but wasn't given the time to do that.

"The perception of you when go into the job is very important.

"It is no secret I wasn't perceived by a lot of people as the manager they wanted at Liverpool, they wanted someone else.

"That makes life a lot more difficult.

"You just have to accept these things happen in football but you do feel wounded.

"Everytime you lose a job your pride takes a hit."

Hodgson lasted just seven months at Anfield after being hired from Fulham last summer by then Reds' owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

But was sacked by Liverpool's subsequent US owners New England Sports Ventures last month.

His tenure was plagued by problems as the unpopular Hicks and Gillett sold up amid bitter legal wrangling at the debt-ridden club.

And successor John W. Henry gave Hodgson the sack after fans turned on the manager following dire Premier League defeats to Wolves and Blackburn.

But ex-Inter Milan and Switzerland coach Hodgson has penned an 18-month deal at Albion to keep the door firmly open to manage England in future as Fabio Capello's successor.

He added: "I have been fortunate enough to be mentioned in dispatches several times with England.

"If the FA decided I was the right man I would be more than happy to do the job."
      http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-fans-got-me-the-boot-moans-new-West-Brom-boss-Roy-Hodgson-article697543.html

Grow up dear Woy and don't be such a crybaby! It's over and at least be a bit like Rafa. Have a little bit of dignity and be humble for once.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #40: Feb 16, 2011 01:23:49 pm
      lemmiwinks
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #41: Feb 16, 2011 01:31:39 pm
      Liverpool fans got me the boot, moans Hodgson
      Roy Hodgson believes his Liverpool reign was always doomed because fans at Anfield "wanted me gone."

Hodgson, 63, took over at West Brom yesterday a month after leaving Liverpool and admitted: "I can't for one minute suggest I felt wanted at Liverpool.

"The people who wanted me at Liverpool didn't stay for too long.

"The new owners at Liverpool found themselves in a difficult situation because we weren't winning enough games.

"The fans made it perfectly clear they wanted me gone and somebody else in.

"Of course I wasn't happy to be sacked by Liverpool.

"I went there with the right intentions to work for three years.

"I wanted to take Liverpool back to the very top spots but wasn't given the time to do that.

"The perception of you when go into the job is very important.

"It is no secret I wasn't perceived by a lot of people as the manager they wanted at Liverpool, they wanted someone else.

"That makes life a lot more difficult.

"You just have to accept these things happen in football but you do feel wounded.

"Everytime you lose a job your pride takes a hit."

Hodgson lasted just seven months at Anfield after being hired from Fulham last summer by then Reds' owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

But was sacked by Liverpool's subsequent US owners New England Sports Ventures last month.

His tenure was plagued by problems as the unpopular Hicks and Gillett sold up amid bitter legal wrangling at the debt-ridden club.

And successor John W. Henry gave Hodgson the sack after fans turned on the manager following dire Premier League defeats to Wolves and Blackburn.

But ex-Inter Milan and Switzerland coach Hodgson has penned an 18-month deal at Albion to keep the door firmly open to manage England in future as Fabio Capello's successor.

He added: "I have been fortunate enough to be mentioned in dispatches several times with England.

"If the FA decided I was the right man I would be more than happy to do the job."
      http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-fans-got-me-the-boot-moans-new-West-Brom-boss-Roy-Hodgson-article697543.html

Grow up dear Woy and don't be such a crybaby! It's over and at least be a bit like Rafa. Have a little bit of dignity and be humble for once.

Tapping himself for the England job.
      Un-F***ing-believable.

I can't believe that West Brom wanted him after seeing the difference in play from Woy to KK :confused-smiley-013:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #42: Feb 16, 2011 01:37:40 pm
      Tapping himself for the England job.
      Un-F***ing-believable.

Yeah no one's told the dozy c**t Harry Redknapp will get the job before Project Owl
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #43: Feb 16, 2011 01:53:55 pm
      I can't believe that West Brom wanted him after seeing the difference in play from Woy to KK :confused-smiley-013:

This is what I can't understand either. If your club is in serious trouble and desperately trying to avoid relegation, as West Brom are, then why in gods name would you hire roy? Unless you are on some sort of Kamikaze mission.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #44: Feb 16, 2011 05:22:24 pm
      35 years speaks for itself. I bet if it really can speak guess it got nothing to say except YOU SUCK!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #45: Feb 16, 2011 05:46:23 pm
      The only thing I've missed since he went, owl jokes, comments and pictures. ;D

Quick Reply