Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Simon Kjaer (wolfsburg)

Read 4976 times
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Simon Kjaer (wolfsburg)
      Feb 15, 2011 07:28:21 pm
      Liverpool monitor situation of £10m rated Bundesliga star
      15th Feb 2011 - Transfer Gossip 
      26 CommentsEmailPrintShare ArchiveLFC To Go
      Wolfsburg have revealed they are open to offers and willing to sell their highly-rated central defender Simon Kjaer reports talkSPORT.

The 21-year-old Denmark international has received rave reviews for his performances in the Bundesliga this season, which begs the question why the club are looking to offload such an exciting prospect.

The news has alerted the likes of Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool, with the latter rumoured in the German media to have had a bid turned down in the January window.

Reds boss Kenny Dalglish has made defensive additions a priority for the summer recruitment process as he looks to bring more options with world-class pedigree to Anfield.

New Liverpool owners NESV have shown their financial commitment with a view to returning the Merseyside club to its former glories, and Director of Football Strategy Damien Comolli has been instructed to scout and recommend the brightest young talent from around Europe.

With 15 international caps already to his name including one World Cup tournament under his belt, Kjaer certainly looks to have the pedigree outlined by Anfield chiefs which makes it increasingly likely that Liverpool will renew their interest in the £10million rated player in the summer.

They will also be hoping that Kjaer's international teammate Daniel Agger will prove to be a decisive factor in convincing the player to move to Anfield.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has publicly declared an interest in the Danish stopper, with defensive reinforcements also a priority as the club look to bring more new faces to White Hart Lane.

Tottenham return to European action at the San Siro this evening in their last-16 first leg clash with AC Milan and have few defensive options to choose from with long-term absentees Ledley King and Younes Kaboul unavailable for selection.

Having conceded 12 goals in three Champions League road trips this season, how Tottenham could do with a player of Simon Kjaer's ability which was showcased in the recent international friendly at Wembley when England defeated Denmark 2-1 last week.

Source: GiveMeFootball

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Author: GiveMeFootball
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Re: Simon Kjaer (wolfsburg)
      Reply #1: Feb 15, 2011 08:37:17 pm
      Could be a young agger?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2: Feb 15, 2011 08:39:46 pm
      Not sure about this lad, he was highly rated in the Summer but he has been a disaster for Wolfsburg and why they are trying to off load him, wouldn't pay £10 million for him
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #3: Feb 15, 2011 09:30:38 pm
      Not sure about this lad, he was highly rated in the Summer but he has been a disaster for Wolfsburg and why they are trying to off load him, wouldn't pay £10 million for him

I trust the opinion of fellow forumers, and the article says he has 'recieved rave reviews this season' it's a joke really, if he was that good they'd be doing better.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #4: Feb 15, 2011 09:54:15 pm

Agree. When he was playing for Palermo he was on the Serie A-team of the week very often and was also in the team of the year if my memory serves me right. Then all the big clubs were after him and he decided to go to Wolfsburg which was weird. At the world cup he was crap but he only just got back from an injury there. But he has not been good this season so I dont know why we would move for him now. He is 21 or 22 and it would make more sense to monitor him for a season or two to find out whether he had a once in lifetime season in Italy or whether he is really the goods. 
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #5: Feb 15, 2011 11:02:46 pm
      Surely we have good enough centre backs at the club? Especially the young guys - Wilson, Kelly and Ayala are quite something.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #6: Feb 15, 2011 11:11:05 pm
      Surely we have good enough centre backs at the club? Especially the young guys - Wilson, Kelly and Ayala are quite something.

Kelly now believes he's a right back, Ayala may not make the grade and Wilson has great potential, still very young. if I were to get a center back I would get someone experienced who can play for 3-4 years to help bring through Wilson.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7: Feb 15, 2011 11:19:49 pm
      Kjaer was a top centerback in Italy, haven't seen him play this year. Haven't heard good things, however.
      Kong Krog
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 383 posts |
      Reply #8: Feb 16, 2011 01:25:45 am
      Kjaer just needs a good Team to train him. He's got loads of potential, which he showed with Palermo. Where he was the defence, so imo he just needs a Good team to train him and show him how to defend etc.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #9: Feb 16, 2011 03:21:20 am
      Don't want him anywhere near our defence. I don't understand the rave reviews even in Italy because his defending is not even very good. He constantly lost his opponent in Italy but for some reason no one seemed to care and still rated him ??? He will be marking someone and just run away from him for some reason. He doesn't mark tight enough and he pays for it now.

Don't want him.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #10: Feb 16, 2011 03:38:14 am
      Thought he was alright the times i saw him for Palermo - which was only a few times.

Sounds like he aint been the best lately though. Quality for me on FM with Agger mind you ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #11: Feb 16, 2011 04:11:54 am
      21 years old. Thats a baby in CB terms.

Means he has time for improvement, but also a risk to pay £10M.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #12: Feb 16, 2011 09:34:41 am
      We need a German Dexter.
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #13: Feb 18, 2011 07:50:04 pm
      Hummels??^^^^

as for Kjaer wouldnt want him, he has been god awful for Wolfsburg, and was bad @ the WC too

we have already been linked with much better in Sahko......whose already a french international, and main player for PSG @ only the age of 21
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #14: Feb 18, 2011 09:12:12 pm
      No.

Simple answer!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #15: Jun 01, 2011 03:17:51 pm
      Kjaer's Future: Heaven or Hell

Link

Simon Kjaer has been forced to cancel the U21 European Championships in Denmark by his coach in Wolfsburg, Felix Magath. A new annoying season in Wolfsburg with manic Magath. At the same buzz rumors that love to be included in a barter, where he is coming to Liverpool, while Christian Poulsen, the opposite way. A dream scenario for the younger end who will be joined by his team mate Daniel Agger. The upcoming season may be either heaven or hell for Simon Kjær.

Nightmare with Magath

Scenario No. 1: Simon Kjaer is in Wolfsburg and will have another nightmare season with the powerful and historic, hysterical tough coach Felix Magath, who did not answer the phone when Simon Kjaer rings and by Morten Olsen described as "very selfish."

- This was clearly my worst season, and I do not want to experience ever again. But in a way I would really like to stay in Wolfsburg, because I feel that I and the team has something to prove after our disaster season. The end of the season at stages much on me mentally, because it was really hard to have so sharply focused on survival that it was not thought of another, day and night for six weeks. In return, it was a great feeling when we saw saved us. It felt really like a championship, because we realized that things did not work for us, so we just have to work like mad to get out of problems, says Simon Kjær.

Obviously he says sensible diplomatic about Felix Magath, who has a reputation for being a creepy hard and an unpredictable volcano to work with as a player.

- We were probably a bit of a culture shock when he arrived, but we also need. He demands a lot of game players, but when it calms a bit with time, it may be very healthy to try also to have the kind of coach. Magath is known to produce results and I want to be a part of. It was weird not being able to call him when I wanted to speak on the U21 national team with him, for he never took the phone, but I have great respect for him and know that he is a busy man, so I must take it as it comes. I have talked with him at the club and if I ever need it again, so yesterday I not assume that he turns his back on me when I faced him and want to talk, says Simon Kjær.

DREAMS companion for Agger

Scenario number 2: Christian Poulsen - plus a bag of money - travel to midfield man declared old admirer Felix Magath in Wolfsburg, while Simon Kjaer landing at Liverpool as Daniel Agger-mate.

- Right now it's just rumors, but I must admit that there are personal reasons for such a move. My father and my uncle are gigantic Liverpool fans and would be happy if I was in just the club. I was even Liverpool fan until I came up at this level and put it with a fan-side of the football a little in abeyance, says Simon Kjaer, adding:

- When I think of my career, then a big club in any case always be a great place to play and like a day in England - and regardless of whether the so called Liverpool or Manchester United. But okay - to play for Liverpool would then probably mean something extra for me, admits Simon Kjaer with a wry smile and nod that he still has a big name in Italy, despite a year of German afflictions.

- It may be that Juventus now think they can get me cheaper than last summer because Wolfsburg and I have not had the best season. It is certainly nice and a huge compliment that such big clubs mentioned in connection with my name.
      « Last Edit: Jun 01, 2011 03:27:26 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #16: Jun 01, 2011 03:41:03 pm
      Take him for 5million and Poulson,not worth 10 million,think under Kenny he could shine all the same.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17: Jun 01, 2011 04:15:55 pm
      Could buy a brilliant CB for 10m.

I'll still pass. Not a fan of him and will need to show a lot to convince me otherwise.
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #18: Jun 01, 2011 06:20:47 pm
      I'm against buying any CBs, we have massive potential in Wilson.
      The only CB I'd consider buying would be Phil Jones, Sakho or Subotic
      Buying Kjaer might be the only way of getting rid of Poulsen though:)

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #19: Jun 01, 2011 06:34:02 pm
      Think the lad is highly over rated, dives into tackles, has been poor in Germany and the Wolfsburg fans will not be sad to see the back of the lad
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20: Jun 01, 2011 06:34:57 pm
      I'm against buying any CBs, we have massive potential in Wilson.
      The only CB I'd consider buying would be Phil Jones, Sakho or Subotic
      Buying Kjaer might be the only way of getting rid of Poulsen though:)

Potential is not going to get us anywhere next season, he will feature only a handful of times if that. We could do with a top quality centre half to make our defence even more solid because Kyrgiakos has become unreliable and Agger is forever injured leaving us with Carragher, Skrtel and possibly Kelly.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #21: Jun 01, 2011 07:40:27 pm
      Have none of you read the bit about Poulsen going the other way?!

£10 million very well spent IMO. ;D

Quick Reply