Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Conor Coady (Liverpool -> Huddersfield Town)

Read 30580 times
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Re: Conor Coady Player Thread
      Reply #115: Jan 21, 2014 10:42:39 pm
      Loan finishes 24/2. We might actually need him this season if we don't buy a Lucas replacement
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #116: Jan 22, 2014 01:41:30 am
      Loan finishes 24/2. We might actually need him this season if we don't buy a Lucas replacement

I seriously doubt that will happen. But I could be wrong!
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #117: Jan 22, 2014 07:43:06 pm
      Local lad aswell.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #118: Jan 27, 2014 09:54:12 am
      Think he was at centre back yesterday for Sheffield Utd. Worth a recall?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #119: Jan 27, 2014 10:41:08 am
      Think he was at centre back yesterday for Sheffield Utd. Worth a recall?

Centre mid but after the sending off fell back to a more defensive role mate.  He did well to keep them in the tie as did all the utd players but he's better off staying put rather than being recalled.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #120: Jan 27, 2014 01:05:12 pm
      Defo played in midfield yesterday. Did O.K nothing that would make you think he'd push for a starting place once he comes back.

My mate who's season ticket holder at United says he's been steady (never really been stand out performer but rarely plays a bad game), the problem is he's fighting for one central midfield spot due to both Clough and Weir before him constantly playing club captain Michael Doyle in ever game possible. All this even though Doyle is very much the weak link in there midfield apparently.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #121: Feb 19, 2014 08:38:12 pm
      Scored again tonight after getting a goal in the cup at the weekend.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #122: Feb 19, 2014 08:47:11 pm
      Scored again tonight after getting a goal in the cup at the weekend.

He's doing well mate.  Been playing attacking mid the last few games so he's showing his versatility too.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #123: Feb 19, 2014 10:22:45 pm
      I think loan players give 75% so I will look forward to Coady  coming back and giving 100% to the first team next season
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #124: Feb 20, 2014 01:27:33 am
      How many goals has he scored now then for Sheff United?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #125: Feb 20, 2014 08:51:15 am
      How many goals has he scored now then for Sheff United?

3 or 4 I think

Only really cemented a place under Clough.. Weir didn't play him much
      wallbanger 5d
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #126: Feb 21, 2014 02:17:51 pm
      My brother saw him in action against gillingham. definitely man of the match.Very fast and always a threat.Good stepovers and willing to take on defenders nutmegged 2 defenders. hope he can mature into a regular first team player.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #127: Feb 21, 2014 02:56:59 pm
      My brother saw him in action against gillingham. definitely man of the match.Very fast and always a threat.Good stepovers and willing to take on defenders nutmegged 2 defenders. hope he can mature into a regular first team player.

Conor Coady isn't fast, so I don't think he was watching the right player.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #128: Feb 21, 2014 03:14:37 pm
      Can see him forging out a good career for himself in the championship.

Good lad with the attitude to match. Can't see him ever making it Liverpool though unfortunately.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #129: Feb 21, 2014 03:21:32 pm
      Can see him forging out a good career for himself in the championship.

Good lad with the attitude to match. Can't see him ever making it Liverpool though unfortunately.

I've seen him play once or twice and he had a delightful look of Didi Hamann to me.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #130: Feb 21, 2014 03:35:50 pm
      He's not the fastest, but he was always the leader at youth level
      and playing central is where he belongs. Seems to be developing
      away from the CB/CM role at Sheffield United and more to AM,
      but early days yet.

Certainly he has a great mentality and I'd like to see him do well.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #131: Feb 25, 2014 12:30:59 pm
      Happy 21st Birthday Conor and well done on extending your loan xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Conor Coady will remain a Blade until the end of the season, it can now be confirmed.

As the Liverpool midfielder turns 21 today (Tuesday), Coady's youth loan has now been made into a 93-day loan meaning he is eligible for the remainder of the campaign, much to the delight of boss Nigel Clough.

The Gaffer remarked: "Conor has steadily improved throughout his time here and as a young player we are more than pleased with his progress, hence the decision to extend his stay.

"It was always the intention to keep him here and after his performances in the last few weeks the decision became easy, especially with Liverpool keen for him to gain further experience in our first-team.

"We told him recently that we wanted to see him chipping in with more goals, then he goes and scores against Nottingham Forest and at Gillingham."

For the record Coady, who always expressed his desire to remain with United, has scored four goals in 32 appearances since making his Blades debut on the opening day of the season, with three of his strikes coming in 2014.

http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/20140225-conor-remains-a-blade-1381728.aspx#qi4dvxIFLyhX1dPP.99
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #132: Mar 09, 2014 11:46:35 am
      Conor starting for the Blades today in the FA Cup game against Charlton, ko 12pm.  Would be fantastic for him to get to Wembley again but either way I'm looking forward to watching him play again.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #133: Mar 09, 2014 11:55:48 am
      Anyone seen much of Conor this season?

In his early days he was always a player I thought would be useful to have in our squad.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #134: Mar 09, 2014 11:58:38 am
      Anyone seen much of Conor this season?

In his early days he was always a player I thought would be useful to have in our squad.

He's been doing well Si.  Not been playing in his natural defensive position but out wide early on and more recently central midfield.  He's been scoring a few too which Cloughy asked him to, so he's producing the goods and enjoying being there.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #135: Mar 09, 2014 12:46:04 pm
      Was outstanding in both games against Fulham.

Since moving a little further forward, Sheff Utd have also been picking up a few more results. Won their last 6 League games and edging ever closer to the play-offs.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #136: Mar 09, 2014 01:55:45 pm
      Well done Conor, back at Wembley with the Blades.  Let's hope they don't draw Arsenal or City (even though they've not played yet) in the semis.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #137: Mar 09, 2014 02:11:34 pm

Coady: Where I've improved with Blades
      9th Mar 2014 - Latest News

A taste of senior action with Liverpool last season taught aspiring midfielder Conor Coady exactly what he needed to improve on – and the young man believes he has done so with Sheffield United.

The recently turned 21-year-old joined the Blades on an initial six-month loan move last summer but impressed enough at Bramall Lane for the deal to be extended until the end of the campaign.

It was a transfer designed to continue the tenacious Scouser's rapid progress, which included two first-team appearances in 2012-13 and the opportunity to captain his country at the U20 World Cup.

To date, Coady has featured on more than 30 occasions for his temporary side and hit the back of the net in the last round of the FA Cup to help set up a quarter-final tie with Charlton Athletic on Sunday.

He told the official Liverpool FC magazine: "The thing that I've improved the most is receiving the ball off the back four and automatically looking forward.

"When you play at first-team level it's important to look forward at all times. It's easy to pass sideways so working on getting the ball and ensuring my first pass is a positive one has improved my game massively.

"Central midfield is where I've been brought up playing. I like to get on the ball as much as possible. I've played a bit at centre-back for Liverpool, but for United I've always played centre-midfield."

Coady was one of a number of players on the fringes of the Reds' squad to head out on loan last summer, as Suso, Andre Wisdom and several others sought further experience.

The Academy graduate is an advocate of the system which allows youngsters to ply their trade elsewhere for a period, and explained exactly how Brendan Rodgers encouraged the switch.

He continued: "Brendan came to me and said 'Sheffield United are interested, we think it'll be good for you.' I knew it was a massive club and a great place to learn my trade.

"I went in that week and I've played a few games now so I'm made up. It was very easy for me to settle. The lads have been fantastic, a few of them live out Manchester and Preston way so I've been living at home and commuting there. We share lifts so I only really have to drive once a week.

"The night before a game I'll stay in the hotel that's by Bramall Lane. The travelling's not too bad, but it's always better to stay over and make sure you're right for the day after.

"You've only got to look at the players who've been out on loan and gone on to play first-team football.

"There are loads that do it - the likes of Andre Wisdom at Derby, who is absolutely flying at the minute. It's a fantastic move for him and he'll no doubt come back a better player."

A recent revamp of the reserve team landscape in England created competitive divisions for both U18 and U21 teams, providing a higher standard of football around the country.

For Coady, the decision was an overwhelmingly positive one - and he highlighted the streamlined development of another talented midfielder within the Reds' ranks.

"I think you need a year or two in the U21s to bring you on, especially at a club like Liverpool," he said. "The amount of staff they've got there can really help to develop you as a player.

"It's definitely aiding player development. The environment is a lot different. In the reserves you were just playing games, you never really knew what was going on, whereas now you're fighting for your place in a league and it's a tough, competitive one, which is good.

"Look at Jordan Rossiter and how it's brought him on. He's played at that level early and now he's making the bench for the first team. I think all it can do is help.

"I'd had a couple of years in the reserves so it was time for me to get out there, start playing proper football and learn what it's about to go and play in the league."

Quick Reply