Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jon Flanagan (Liverpool > Rangers)

Read 139201 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Jon Flanagan Player Thread
      Reply #851: Apr 24, 2016 12:07:27 am

He may be pretty average but still a class above Randall.

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #852: Apr 24, 2016 05:19:24 am
      He may be pretty average but still a class above Randall.
      Really says it all about him.

Massively over-rated by our own lot.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #853: Apr 24, 2016 06:57:59 am
      So is he injured again or something?

As others have said Klopp is probably trying to make sure he is completely recovered rather than risk him unnecessarily.

The other thing is that Flanagan isn't eligible for the Europa games, so Klopp may be giving Randall a bit of experience just in case he is needed? 
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #854: Apr 25, 2016 12:39:30 pm
      As others have said Klopp is probably trying to make sure he is completely recovered rather than risk him unnecessarily.

The other thing is that Flanagan isn't eligible for the Europa games, so Klopp may be giving Randall a bit of experience just in case he is needed? 

I think its this.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #855: Apr 25, 2016 12:46:38 pm

Yeah Debs said this to me when I was questioning Randall's inclusion over Flanno and it makes absolutely perfect sense.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #856: May 02, 2016 03:05:18 pm
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • JĆ¼rgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #857: Jul 16, 2016 12:12:56 pm
      A lad in work with me a Celtic fan claims jon on his way to them on a season long loan? W.T.F.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #858: Jul 16, 2016 12:24:33 pm
      A lad in work with me a Celtic fan claims jon on his way to them on a season long loan? W.T.F.

He'll get the game time needs for his match fitness in a not too difficult league.  I'd be happy with that.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • JĆ¼rgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #859: Jul 16, 2016 01:36:39 pm
      Be madness for him to go anywhere, stay get super fit and show 'em all just how good you are.

That's what i told my mate. If he want's to play Sunday League football standard to get fit he doesn't need to head to Scotland to do it. :f_tongueincheek:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #860: Jul 16, 2016 01:46:25 pm
      Liverpool not seeking Jon Flanagan sale despite Celtic links

12:54, 16 JUL 2016           UPDATED 12:54, 16 JUL 2016             BY NEIL JONES

Reds defender is very much a part of JĆ¼rgen Klopp's plans this season

Liverpool are not looking to sell Jon Flanagan this summer ā€“ despite reports linking the defender with a move to Celtic.

Stories emanating from Scotland this week suggested that former Reds boss Brendan Rodgers was keen on taking Flanagan to Parkhead on loan, but that Liverpool were only willing to consider a permanent switch for the 23-year-old.

The ECHO understands, though, that Flanagan is very much part of JĆ¼rgen Kloppā€™s plans for the season, and that the club is highly unlikely to allow him to leave.

The Scouser has featured in both of Liverpoolā€™s pre-season friendlies so far, and will do so again at Wigan Athletic on Sunday. There has been no contact from Celtic, or any other club, for the full back.

Flanagan signed a new three-year contract at Anfield back in March, having proven his fitness following 18 months out with a serious knee injury.

He told the ECHO earlier this month that he had returned to Melwood early this summer in a bid to get ā€œsuper fitā€ for the new campaign, and his ability to operate in either full-back position makes him a more than useful option for Klopp, who has spoken glowingly of the Academy graduate in the past.

Flanagan made eight appearances for the Reds last season, captaining the side at Southampton in March. Having admitted he struggled for match fitness after so long on the sidelines, he says his knee is now ā€œperfectā€ and that he is keen to catch Kloppā€™s eye during pre-season.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-not-seeking-jon-flanagan-11623478
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #861: Jul 16, 2016 03:49:21 pm
      I actually took the story re Clyne and Barca a sign that JĆ¼rgen was gonna look towards Flanno more this year.......
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #862: Jul 17, 2016 09:16:06 pm
      Really don't rate flanno as good enough for us. Had that good season when Suarez and Sturridge where carrying us towards the league title but since then he's been bang average.

People love him cause he's Scouse and puts in big tackles.... unfortunately being born in Liverpool shouldn't mean you get to stay and big tackles in football aren't a sign of a good fullback these days either.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #863: Jul 17, 2016 10:03:59 pm
      Really don't rate flanno as good enough for us. Had that good season when Suarez and Sturridge where carrying us towards the league title

Might have something to do with 18 months worth of injuries...just saying.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #864: Jul 18, 2016 10:07:43 am
      Jury as all reasons to still be out imo.
      He hadn't recovered enough to even be able to play 2 games in a row this season, a bit harsh to judge him on those appearances (which weren't all that bad btw, one or two were actually rather good like when he marked Sterling) .
      Hopefully his fitness issues will be a thing of the past this season, then it's up to him to prove his critics wrong.
      Then I certainly agree, he needs to reliably hit his 2013-14 level to be allowed to stay past this one.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #865: Jul 20, 2016 07:42:33 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #866: Jul 26, 2016 10:44:39 am
      Should be confirmed today that he's off to Burnley for the season.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #867: Jul 26, 2016 10:29:26 pm
          Jon Flanagan will undergo a medical at Burnley today ahead of his loan move. #twitterclarets #lfc #burnleyfc
          ā€” Burnley (@burnleytransfer) July 26, 2016

Flanno has had a medical @ Burnley.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #868: Jul 30, 2016 10:42:42 pm
          Jon Flanagan will undergo a medical at Burnley today ahead of his loan move. #twitterclarets #lfc #burnleyfc
          ā€” Burnley (@burnleytransfer) July 26, 2016

Flanno has had a medical @ Burnley.

So has this loan been finalized? I haven't heard anything since it was posted he would have a medical. Anyone?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #869: Jul 31, 2016 12:36:10 am
      So has this loan been finalized? I haven't heard anything since it was posted he would have a medical. Anyone?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-defender-jon-flanagan-agrees-8529899

Confirmed.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #870: Aug 05, 2016 03:14:44 pm

I think we've seen that it was done about three different times in the last couple of weeks and now again I'm seeing it as "imminent" but  not done. Where has he been training over the past two weeks?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #871: Aug 05, 2016 06:39:56 pm
      I think we've seen that it was done about three different times in the last couple of weeks and now again I'm seeing it as "imminent" but  not done. Where has he been training over the past two weeks?

Liverpool confirm Flanagan joins Burnley on loan

Liverpool can today confirm that Jon Flanagan has joined Burnley on a season-long loan deal.

The 23-year-old full-back, who signed a new long-term contract with the Reds in March, will spend the 2016-17 campaign at Turf Moor.

Academy graduate Flanagan returned to action in January after 20 months on the sidelines and made his 50th first-team appearance for Liverpool in the final Premier League game of last season at West Bromwich Albion.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/230395-liverpool-confirm-flanagan-joins-burnley-on-loan
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #872: Aug 05, 2016 08:35:38 pm
      I'm really quite sad about this one. I hope this isn't the last we see of him in Liverpool red.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #873: Aug 05, 2016 10:03:31 pm

Ye Of Little Faith ...

Quick Reply