Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Sparta Prague 0-0 Liverpool - post match toothache

Read 35637 times
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: LIVE: Sparta Prague vs Liverpool
      Reply #345: Feb 17, 2011 10:18:24 pm
      Judging from these comments, Il not bother watching it later on.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #346: Feb 17, 2011 10:18:40 pm
      I'm not saying it's a bad result. I said it was a decent result. That's all it was, nothing brilliant. How was it a very good result? It was a decent result and we will more then likely win it at anfield.
      But we could have settled it tonight, something we did not do
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #347: Feb 17, 2011 10:19:45 pm
      Typical scruffy European away game. Games like that you need something special to get a goal. We didn't have it on the pitch tonight. Toothless in a lot of our play.

A draw is never a good result, but it wasn't a bad result tonight. Could have been worse. Would have been worse not so long ago.

Disagree with the last bit,if its reference to roy hodgson lets not forget we go here under his tenure and give credit where its due,we would have been in uproar if he was still at the helm.

Anyway i dont mind the result 0-0 but i hate the way no effort  and commitment was shown by the team and i hope kenny will address that issue as there were paying fans who travelled thousands of miles who deserve better than that sh*te.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #348: Feb 17, 2011 10:21:46 pm

If you missed it mate you got a right touch. It was like watching a bad film where all the way through you keep thinking "why did I start watching this sh** in the first place?" but you kind of stick with it just to see if it has a good ending (they never do and this one didn't either).
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #349: Feb 17, 2011 10:21:53 pm
      The match is over. the result and performance irrelevent its all square with a minimum of 90 mins still to play, move onwards and upwards we are LFC, we are better than this (after all it couldn't be much worse !).
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #350: Feb 17, 2011 10:22:25 pm

Yeah I know, I wanted us to attack. Just made that post due to some guy having an orgasm over a 0 0 draw. 0 0 is a decent result, we could and perhaps should have tried to win it.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #351: Feb 17, 2011 10:23:11 pm
      Disagree with the last bit,if its reference to roy hodgson lets not forget we go here under his tenure and give credit where its due,we would have been in uproar if he was still at the helm.

I'm referring to our defending. Another clean sheet. Not so long ago we were conceding goals all over the show.

Let's not go down the road of Hodgson please. Don't think anyone is in the mood for all that sh*te.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #352: Feb 17, 2011 10:23:38 pm
      All that said it's a solid result, nobody got injured (apart from Aurelio and you kind of expect that), the lads who went will no doubt have had a good time on the cheap beer and we'll beat them at home, so no probs.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      As far as I'm concerned...
      Reply #353: Feb 17, 2011 10:24:09 pm
      that was merely a performance which allowed certain players to sign their own death warrants away from this club. No prizes for guessing the two players in particular who signed their death warrants with such elegancy.

David N'Gog - quite frankly one of the worst strikers to have played for this club in recent years. Incredibly weak in which the slightest touch from a defender can push him off the ball. In the most non sensicle positions you could imagine. Cannot hold the ball up, cannot pass and worst of all cannot even get a shot in on goal. Abysmal for any striker at any level of football. He was non existent today and I don't ever remember witnessing the opposition defenders have such an easy job against a striker. There is no justification at all in keeping N'Gog.

Maxi Rodriguez - sorry but the games are just bypassing the poor lad. He has no pace and nor does he seem to have much intelligence to compliment for the lack of pace. He offers no threat to the defence against any team and nor does he offer any real goal threat. This player was at least 3 seasons out of date when we got him last year.

And what about Dirk Kuyt some of you may say? True he had a terrible night on the right wing yet again but how many times must it be stressed that he is a striker and not a winger? But the fact is we still need him. He offers something different upfront. With his running as a striker he pulls defenders over whilst other players occupy the box - as we saw in the lead up to the goal against Chelsea a couple of weeks ago. Plus as witnessed this time last year when Torres was injured he can take on the role up front and score against the teams we should be scoring. The difference is that Kuyt offers something but N'Gog and Rodriguez don't and never will.

And as for the defence tonight? Looked competent defending the goal but utterly dire when connecting with the rest of the field. Their play on the ball consisted of passing sideways, backwards, sideways, backwards and then lumping it forward only to hand posession straight back to the opposition. It was quite frankly unacceptable. After watching Arsenal v Barcelona last night, this match was a football match from another universe - and it was not pretty at all.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #354: Feb 17, 2011 10:29:54 pm
      I'm referring to our defending. Another clean sheet. Not so long ago we were conceding goals all over the show.

Let's not go down the road of Hodgson please. Don't think anyone is in the mood for all that sh*te.

Spot on from you mate, as always. Why do we continue to say things like that, "Well if Hodgson was here...." Well guess what he isn't and we are all glad he isn't, end of story.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #355: Feb 17, 2011 10:31:44 pm
      Yeah I know, I wanted us to attack. Just made that post due to some guy having an orgasm over a 0 0 draw. 0 0 is a decent result, we could and perhaps should have tried to win it.
      Wasn't aiming that at you mate, just the general comments suggest it was a pretty content performance (As you said, still a decent result away from home)

Don't think Il bother wasting 90 minutes of my life though if we didn't have a shot on goal (?) :P
      Teamofthemacs
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      • By that you mean..?
      Reply #356: Feb 17, 2011 10:33:09 pm
      Not one for the football purists this one. Few good performances, Carra, Danny Wilson did what was expected of them. Thought Johnson was best of the bunch although Pepe, when called upon, was solid. Would have liked to have seen us take the game to them a bit more but sometimes you get these types of games that just fail to ignite. Plus side, will have more than enough at Anfield to go through. YNWA  :scarf:
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #357: Feb 17, 2011 10:33:57 pm
      It seems there was one shot on goal near the end of first half (or is match report wrong ?).
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #358: Feb 17, 2011 10:35:38 pm
      Johnson needs to think for the team (not going to happen)
      Lucas OK not great
      Meireles ????????? absent ????????
      Cole useless
      Maxi see previous two.........
      Kuyt is Kuyt
      N'Gog is a fairy

sorry for being negative but what is Kenny doing with Dani come on
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #359: Feb 17, 2011 10:37:05 pm
      Just a pity Sterling didn't get 10 mins tonight. The game was crying out for a bit of pace and energy, and at least it would have given us something to discuss positively .......if he had been on the bench.

N'gog, Kuyt, Cole and Maxi all struggled tonight, we need better and thankfully we do have better with Carroll and Gerrard hopefully back soon.

Game of two halves for Johnson. First half I thought he was crap, second half I thought he was probably our best player, certainly our best attacking player.   
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #360: Feb 17, 2011 10:37:16 pm
      It seems there was one shot on goal near the end of first half (or is match report wrong ?).

Johnson had a kind of toe pokey shot thing in the general direction of the goal in the second half. I'm putting that down as a shot anyway, though God only knows how the chalkboards will rate it (I must check the Guardian tomorrow). Is there such a thing as an "attempted assist" or something, as perhaps it was that, if not put it in the "unsuccessful toepoke" column .
      Teamofthemacs
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      • By that you mean..?
      Reply #361: Feb 17, 2011 10:41:08 pm
      'A toe pokey shot thing' is indeed a thing of beauty and certainly worthy of recognition.  :f_tongueincheek:
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Re: As far as I'm concerned...
      Reply #362: Feb 17, 2011 10:41:35 pm
      Don't know about you but I'm starving.. Probably go make some "Knee-jerk chicken"...
      Cr@ig
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #363: Feb 17, 2011 10:42:12 pm
      In comparison to last nights game it was like watching two pub teams, absolutely shocking tonight, zero attempts on target, every now and then when a few players are missing we get reminded how poor some of the fringe players are, tonight was one of those occasions.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #364: Feb 17, 2011 10:42:57 pm
      A very disappointing performance against a team that has not had a competetive match in 10/12 weeks yet they looked much sharper than us.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #365: Feb 17, 2011 10:45:14 pm
      'A toe pokey shot thing' is indeed a thing of beauty and certainly worthy of recognition.

As toe pokey things go it was one of the better ones mate. Johnson kind of set it off outside the goalkeepers right hand upright (after a mazy run). I think he was hoping it was going to come back for him, but it didn't it just went tamely by and missed the post by about 3 yards. It was unquestionably the highlight of the match.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #366: Feb 17, 2011 10:46:56 pm
      N'gog, Kuyt, Cole and Maxi all struggled tonight, we need better

Spot on mate. Although I'll give Cole the benefit of the doubt seeing as he was coming back from injury.

though God only knows how the chalkboards will rate it (I must check the Guardian tomorrow). Is there such a thing as an "attempted assist" or something, as perhaps it was that, if not put it in the "unsuccessful toepoke" column .

Haha! Stop trying to wind people up, you!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: As far as I'm concerned...
      Reply #367: Feb 17, 2011 10:46:58 pm
      Don't know about you but I'm starving.. Probably go make some "Knee-jerk chicken"...

Tell me then what has David N'Gog and Maxi Rodriguez done for you this season to justify a place in Liverpool's future? This is our future we're talking about. Yes it may only be a Europa League match away from home which ended a drab 0-0 draw but these two haven't shown anything the past year.

Quick Reply