Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Sparta Prague 0-0 Liverpool - post match toothache

Read 35169 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: Sparta Prague 0-0 Liverpool - post match toothache
      Reply #414: Feb 18, 2011 09:58:12 am
      I was actually thinking the same during the game.

Not sure if it's just me being paranoid after the Torres situation but Pepe just doesn't seem the same these days.

you're some eastern european capital, it's minus 5 and you've not had to move or make a save for best part of 30 minutes...where's the smile gonna come from?

stop reading into too much gents, baldy's a red. im sure he dont do no nando (with a scouse accent that)
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #415: Feb 18, 2011 10:04:02 am
      A draw. Ngog is a sub's sub. We have no attack power with him heading any attack.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #416: Feb 18, 2011 10:10:26 am
      Just thinking about this again. The biggest highlight for me... not that there was many... was Johnson playing his way out of trouble. I'm pretty sure it was in the second half. One on one at the white line. Boy got skills
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #417: Feb 18, 2011 10:22:10 am
      Ngog is a sub's sub. We have no attack power with him heading any attack.

So so true.

Add to that the fact we are very lightweight when it comes to 'creative' cover in midfield and started two 'wide' men that always play with their backs to our opponents goal; what you've got there is a recipe for 'insipid dour cake'.

Surely, to F**k, our young guns deserve more of a rattle in these positions. I know that we will get better and we will go through (something I may not have felt two months ago) so it's best to put this pish behind us and move on.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #418: Feb 18, 2011 10:23:16 am
      Dalglish was forced to replace Fabio Aurelio with Cole late in the first half due to injury.

He said: "It's an adductor strain. It's not too bad. Midfield was the last place we needed an injury. Obviously Fabio would prefer to play somewhere else than midfield but needs must."

JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #419: Feb 18, 2011 10:38:07 am
      Let's face it there strongest side didn't pose a real threat to our depleated side. At Anfield
      where King Kenny will want to see them off, We will have a better squad to pick from and will be at home obviously. In my opinion there won't be too much problems getting the right result in the home leg. Surprised we never went out to get a goal or 2 though, but I trust King Kenny and whatever his plan was and is for the next leg i'll support it and beleive we can go on and win the competition. Ngog is nothing more than a squad player that should be brought of the bench to inject some energy and pace up top for us. He has the potential to be a really good player but he has had so many chances to prove his worth and hasn't done so. I do beleive it is worth keeping him for the bench though.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #420: Feb 18, 2011 10:45:14 am
      i remember the commentator saying "ngog has to do something tonight. he's got suarez and carroll breathing down his neck so he needs to earn his place"

i dont think suarez or carroll have anything to worry about. ngog is simply...just below average
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #421: Feb 18, 2011 10:59:12 am
      I think if that had been a Roy Hodgson game, we would see more angry comments in here.

That performance was sh*te.

The difference is that Hodgson served up s***e like this every week, while this is off the back of an unbeaten run if form.

With Roy this was the norm and I don't think that's the case now.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #422: Feb 18, 2011 11:21:54 am
      More than ever, we need Charlie Adams from Blackpool. A cover for Gerrard. His corner kicks are a breathe of fresh air.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #423: Feb 18, 2011 11:27:43 am
      More than ever, we need Charlie Adams from Blackpool. A cover for Gerrard. His corner kicks are a breathe of fresh air.
      Actually he would have been better than having Aurelio beside Lucas.
      That pops into my head whenever I see Aurelio in midfield.
      Adam might not have been a preferred signing, but we certainly could have done with him last night
      Brown LFC
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -34 
      Reply #424: Feb 18, 2011 12:04:25 pm
      We simply have so shitty players the likes of Maxi (especially this he should never ware LFC's Shirt), Aurelio, Kuyt, Ngog who never improved at all and even Lucas!, As long as those players are allowed to in first team in every match, then we should not expect to progress in Europe or secure 6th place in league, and Kenny ought to have a good look at this problem, and make the changes right away, otherwise we going to go back to same problem that we had under Roy Hodgson. On yesterday's game the only players that stood above every one are Reina, Wilson, and the Greek. It is worrying to see the last two games display so poor despite Kenny's injection of confidence only to be ruined by those below average players who can't pass, can't shoot straight, and they lacks of all basic shills and above all lacks very much a footballing brain, they are just manly operated dummies as Benitez's favourite and type, players with an embedded program of negative style of playing football
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #425: Feb 18, 2011 12:12:20 pm
           ^   ^   ^
      Unmitigated sh*te.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #426: Feb 18, 2011 12:15:20 pm
      We simply have so shitty players the likes of Maxi (especially this he should never ware LFC's Shirt), Aurelio, Kuyt, Ngog who never improved at all and even Lucas!, As long as those players are allowed to in first team in every match, then we should not expect to progress in Europe or secure 6th place in league, and Kenny ought to have a good look at this problem, and make the changes right away, otherwise we going to go back to same problem that we had under Roy Hodgson. On yesterday's game the only players that stood above every one are Reina, Wilson, and the Greek. It is worrying to see the last two games display so poor despite Kenny's injection of confidence only to be ruined by those below average players who can't pass, can't shoot straight, and they lacks of all basic shills and above all lacks very much a footballing brain, they are just manly operated dummies as Benitez's favourite and type, players with an embedded program of negative style of playing football
      30 post -34
      Says it all really
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #427: Feb 18, 2011 12:17:24 pm
      I don't think It was a bad match. Pepe doesn't work so much, only the usual work, without any importants rescues. Unluckily Ngog isn't Suarez  :-[ For this Europa League we have to play with him.. Good match for Wilson and Johnson, who has also failed a very good opportunity, like Dirk in the first time. At the same time too much inaccurates Lucas and Meireles. But now Praha has to come in Anfield, and this is a good advantage for us. But under the Kop incentive we must play better. We have all the possibility to pass this turn.
      GO REDS!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #428: Feb 18, 2011 12:41:20 pm

You would of F***ing hated Liverpool in Europe under Bob Paisley, it was what we were known for, boring the arse off everyone away from home, bringing them back to Anfield and battering the F**k out of them.

So it isn't all the players or Rafa's fault, you muppet, Dalglish learnt it from the very best.
      ssr.w
      • Forum David Johnson

• 245 posts |
      • Liverbird tattoed in my heart!
      Reply #429: Feb 18, 2011 12:48:51 pm
      Dear Liverpool FC: I love you forever, but please get rid of ngog before it's too late.
      Kind regards.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #430: Feb 18, 2011 12:54:17 pm
      Dear Liverpool FC: I love you forever, but please get rid of ngog before it's too late.
      Kind regards.

Chill with the hate for N'gog, he's only playing cos Carroll is still injured and Suarez is cup-tied!!
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #431: Feb 18, 2011 01:14:28 pm
      Don't know why N'Gog is the most blamed player here. He wasn't good of course, but got an hodgsonesque service all match, hoofed balls from defenders or imprecise / badly timed / too strong passes from midfield (and was also handicaped by some very strange decisions from the referee).

Our midfield, including four experienced regulars starters in Mereiles, Kuyt, Maxi and Lucas who should have easily bossed the game, was far more at fault.
      « Last Edit: Feb 18, 2011 01:21:47 pm by TonioLerouge »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #432: Feb 18, 2011 01:18:10 pm
      You would of f**king hated Liverpool in Europe under Bob Paisley, it was what we were known for, boring the arse off everyone away from home, bringing them back to Anfield and battering the f**k out of them.

Great shout that

Still last night was sore on the eyes
      Carroll9
      • Banned

• 324 posts |
      Reply #433: Feb 18, 2011 03:27:55 pm
      The difference is that Hodgson served up s***e like this every week, while this is off the back of an unbeaten run if form.

With Roy this was the norm and I don't think that's the case now.

Im not defending roy in any shape or form, i didn't want him here in the first place, it was a shocking appointment and i was made up when he got the sack.

It does seem like a rule for one and another for somebody else when it comes to discussing things though
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Reply #434: Feb 18, 2011 03:44:02 pm
      We'll finish the job at Anfield, as often in Europe. We will have players back then + anfield atmosphere + first game back at Anfield for Kenny in Europe...

3-0.

In Kenny we trust.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #435: Feb 18, 2011 03:47:27 pm
      Well it wasnt great but with the team that was picked a away draw wasnt to bad,not pretty but effective.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #436: Feb 18, 2011 03:48:20 pm
      To be honest I've seen N'gog play worse than that.

Quick Reply