Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Best XBox 360 Games?

Read 12054 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Best XBox 360 Games?
      Feb 18, 2011 07:00:21 pm
      I am lucky enough to have received one of these for my birthday at the end of last year, and was wondering what games people could recommend for me since I don't know many of them.

First off, I'm not really into FPS games, so don't bother mentioning Call Of Duty (waiting to get slated here! :D), nor am I into sports games like FIFA (gonna really get it now! :roll:).

With the console I got Forza Motorsport 3 and Alan Wake. I love Forza, I loved Gran Turismo on PS1, so it takes me back! I haven't played Alan Wake much, but it seems ok.

I've got myself FF13, being a fan of the saga, it's graphically amazing since I've been used to Wii games until now! :D And Fable 2, finished it once, but have plenty of achievements left to get.

Also have got Resident Evil 5, Alone in the Dark, Assassins Creed (the first one) and Halo 3, none of which I have had much time to try but seem excellent as well, though I was sh*t at Halo (FPS's are just too hard for me I think).

So I suppose my "style" of game would be RPG, adventure, role playing games, with a bit of action and zombies mixed in! Recommendations?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Best XBox 360 Games?
      Reply #1: Feb 18, 2011 09:23:20 pm
      What you could do is visit www.gamerankings.com

What I do there is I would check the 'All Time Best' for my console and see which games I might buy. Also, if you have a game in mind you'd like to buy, just search for their ratings there to help you decide if it's worth buying or not.

I would recommend Grand Theft Auto 4 (better to just settle for the Complete Edition) if you don't already have it. It's ranked the second best game for Xbox.

And just in case, I think games with a rating of 70% or more is decent enough to be purchased.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #2: Feb 18, 2011 09:51:01 pm
      Red Dead Redemption
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #3: Feb 18, 2011 09:54:47 pm
      Batman - Arkhum Asylum , without doubt one of the finest games ever created !!!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #4: Feb 19, 2011 06:06:56 am

Thanks Ad, I'll have a look.

Just wanted some people's opinions from on here, I know there are lots of geeks well informed fans on the site.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #5: Feb 19, 2011 07:35:38 am
      Definitely try Assassin's Creed 2. It improves on the first one in every way possible. I haven't gotten around to Brotherhood, but I've heard it's great too.

RPG/Fantasy/Adventure: the Fable series is really good. Also The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion is an older one, but worth the play still IMO. I'd also recommend the two Dragon Age games (if you don't mind turn-based combat)

RPG/Shooters: Mass Effect 1 and 2 are amazing (sci-fi). Two of the best games I've ever played. Also Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas (post-apocalyptic) are very good as well. Technically they are all FPS, but they each have systems in place that can minimize that side of it if it's not your cup of tea.
      Wall
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • Dangerous, Unpredictable and I Make a lot of Noise
      Reply #6: Feb 19, 2011 09:15:05 am
      Totally agree Assasains Creed 2 is 100% better than the orginal, playing through Fallout 3 again with the expansions.

Red Dead Redemption is good as well just like GTA in the Wild West. Anyone played it with zombie expansion?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #7: Feb 19, 2011 09:48:41 am
      Cheers guys, appreciated. ;)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #8: Feb 19, 2011 12:15:31 pm
      Sell the Xbox.

Get a PS3 and get the new Gran Turismo. Sorted. ;)
      sergio tachini
      • Banned

• 156 posts |
      Reply #9: Feb 19, 2011 01:01:03 pm
      Forza 3 is brilliant, just got nfs hot pursuit, very good, the batman game is very good also.
      you dont play fifa....WRONG even my 8 yr old lad is into it Myfault, he wont go any team except liverpool bless him.
      im like you ayrton, im new to it all after being a pc gamer for many many years.
      get a kinect they are rather good, and induce a friendly/family element to gameplay.

Ta
      Robby r
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #10: Feb 19, 2011 01:03:23 pm
      Oh, yeah, Ayrton.

Also would recommend what ozgooner recommended. I've been playing Batman - Arkham Asylum on my friend's laptop and liked it. Also highly rated and I have bought one for my Playstation for 11 pounds!

Red Dead Redemption is just like GTA (both by Rockstar) but I'd always prefer driving cars than riding horses ;)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #11: Feb 19, 2011 03:44:16 pm
      Sell the Xbox.

Get a PS3 and get the new Gran Turismo. Sorted. ;)

:D

Forza 3 is brilliant, just got nfs hot pursuit, very good, the batman game is very good also.
      you dont play fifa....WRONG even my 8 yr old lad is into it Myfault, he wont go any team except liverpool bless him.
      im like you ayrton, im new to it all after being a pc gamer for many many years.
      get a kinect they are rather good, and induce a friendly/family element to gameplay.

Ta
      Robby r

Cheers Robby, nice to see you back on the forum, though your disguise may be slipping! ;)

Sorry about FIFA, but just aren't bothered about football games anymore, not since Kick Off 2 on the Amiga!

And Ad, Red Dead Redemption sounds decent, but don't know if I'm tempted by the whole Wild West thing... But definitely want GTA IV when I have the chance!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #12: Feb 22, 2011 10:36:56 am
      People kept banging on about Arkham Asylum so I picked it up for 8 or 9 quid for the 360 a few months back. Finally got round to playing it last night... what a game! It's far far better than I expected. Definitely recommend it, especially at the kind of price you can get it for now.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Best used 360 Games
      Reply #13: Feb 28, 2012 08:18:01 pm
      I just got a 360 about 4 months ago.  I got it for free because it had the RROD. I was able to fix it and it works great now.  So, most of the good 360 games that came out over the last 4 years are 'New" games to me.  I got Gears of War and Assassins Creed  about 2 weeks ago and have been playing those.  But I am looking to get a few more to play and I dont want to get a sh*t game.

So, anyone have a recommendation?   I was looking at Resident Evil 5 and Alan Wake.  I am also wondering what the best shooter is.  Right now the shooters are confusing the hell out of me. Their is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, Call of Duty Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3,Medal of Honor, Battlefield and Battlefield Bad Company etc... Not to mention the number of add on discs and expansion packs. I know some games are better because they have better online play but I dont like online play so that doesnt matter to me.

So, I am looking for a good all around game. I like the action, puzzle solving and task games. Like the Old Tomb Raider games and Resident Evils...I like shooters and action games. I think Gears is awesome....I like Assassins Creed but its a little to in depth for me. I like how open it is but at times its easy to get lost and hard to figure out exactly what I need to do.

So If anyone can help me, it is appreciated.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Best used 360 Games
      Reply #14: Feb 28, 2012 08:40:05 pm
      You should be able to get most of these dirt cheap and all very good single player games, apart from a couple of the newer ones which might be a little more expensive.. also they bring out that many Call of Duty games it can be confusing keeping up with them for someone just coming into them xD

- Gears of War 2
      - Gears of War 3
      - Alan Wake
      - Battlefield: Bad Company 1
      - Battlefield: Bad Company 2
      - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
      - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Continues from MW)
      - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Continues from MW2)
      - Rainbow Six: Vegas
      - Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
      - The Darkness
      - Halo Reach
      - FIFA 12
      - PES 2012
      - BioShock
      - BioShock 2
      - Dead Space
      - Dead Space 2

And loads more.... what I do is just go into a game store, look at the pre owned pile where they do deals like 4 for £20 or something and just pick a couple of games I know I will probably like and a couple that Im not sure about but want to try, found some gems doing it that way..
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Re: Best used 360 Games
      Reply #15: Feb 29, 2012 05:49:09 am
      the new Metal Gear Solid HD collection should tickle your fancy. it is a new game but it's RRP is cheap, cheaper than full price games, because it's actually an HD remake of two legendary MGS games from the PS2 and the PSP sequel. so you get three games on the one disc, stealth/action, two of the best games in the genres ever. sure they aren't mind blowing 1080p up to date graphics but when games are this good you just don't care. it's not really an open world free for all game but you can choose to mess around which provides a lot of fun. from hiding in cardboard boxes to get around guards to setting anacondas on them as distractions. it's tops.

there are a lot of cinematics though. sometimes you'll just want to skip them and play but you know you have to listen to 20 minutes of story!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #16: Feb 29, 2012 07:16:35 am
      Took the liberty of merging your thread into an older one that I created last year, as the topic was essentially the same, like that it adds a few more games and advice for you.

Can definitely recommend Resident Evil 5, I loved it, and Assassin's Creed. Still haven't got round to playing Alan Wake though (in my defence, it came free with the console, and there were plenty of other games I wanted to play first!).

Currently playing Elder Scroll IV: Oblivion. Not the most impressive game graphically, since it's from 2006, but the sheer size of it and epicness (see: I had to invent a word to describe it, it's so good! ;)) makes it soooo worthwhile.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #17: Feb 29, 2012 07:18:40 am
      the new Metal Gear Solid HD collection should tickle your fancy. it is a new game but it's RRP is cheap, cheaper than full price games, because it's actually an HD remake of two legendary MGS games from the PS2 and the PSP sequel.

Sounds tempting, that!

Made me think as well, I downloaded the HD remake of Resident Evil 4 (my all-time favourite Resident Evil) and loved playing it through again!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #18: Feb 29, 2012 08:28:17 am
      You should definitely go for Gears of War 3. Not only is it graphically epic (better looking than the previous two) and addictive to play but I've never seen a game so well supported in an online sense. There is some kind of expansion, special offer or event on pretty much every week.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #19: Feb 29, 2012 01:14:39 pm
      Skyrim by far is one of the best for 360, still £40 though. The Bioshocks are sh*t hot. Fallout 3 and NV are good. The Fable series, in particular, 2, are fantastic. Portal and Portal 2. Get The Orange Box, it has the first Portal on it, and Half-Life, amazing game.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #20: Mar 01, 2012 06:51:05 pm
      Can anyone sort out the COD, Modern Warfare, Medal of Honor confusion for me? 

Is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 the follow up to Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare? 

My head is spinning over which ones are the really good games and which one's are not. Now I read that the team who made Modern Warfare made Battlefield, and someone who made COD 4 then made Medal of Honor but not Battlefield...  :mad:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #21: Mar 01, 2012 08:18:31 pm
      Got myself my first 360 since 2006 this very day, ordered some games that plopped on my mat yesterday which where:

Burnout Paradise
      Air Conflicts
      Banjoo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts
      Crash Mind Over Mutant
      Crash Time 4
      Dead Island
      Fear 3
      RESIDENT EVIL 6
      Modern Warfare 3
      Skyrim

Had a quick 15 minute go on Crash Bandicoot to give it a whirl and haven't got time to try anything else, you know what it's like, if I put a game on I'll fart and 3 hours will be gone so I'll be saving my game fest till the weekend.

I'll be popping in this thread though as I'll be getting another 10 games in the not too distant and ideas are welcome.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #22: Mar 01, 2012 08:21:51 pm

Not out until the end of the year, surely?

Even Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City isn't out until later this month!

Quick Reply