Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Best XBox 360 Games?

Read 12053 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Best XBox 360 Games?
      Feb 18, 2011 07:00:21 pm
      I am lucky enough to have received one of these for my birthday at the end of last year, and was wondering what games people could recommend for me since I don't know many of them.

First off, I'm not really into FPS games, so don't bother mentioning Call Of Duty (waiting to get slated here! :D), nor am I into sports games like FIFA (gonna really get it now! :roll:).

With the console I got Forza Motorsport 3 and Alan Wake. I love Forza, I loved Gran Turismo on PS1, so it takes me back! I haven't played Alan Wake much, but it seems ok.

I've got myself FF13, being a fan of the saga, it's graphically amazing since I've been used to Wii games until now! :D And Fable 2, finished it once, but have plenty of achievements left to get.

Also have got Resident Evil 5, Alone in the Dark, Assassins Creed (the first one) and Halo 3, none of which I have had much time to try but seem excellent as well, though I was sh*t at Halo (FPS's are just too hard for me I think).

So I suppose my "style" of game would be RPG, adventure, role playing games, with a bit of action and zombies mixed in! Recommendations?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Best XBox 360 Games?
      Reply #1: Feb 18, 2011 09:23:20 pm
      What you could do is visit www.gamerankings.com

What I do there is I would check the 'All Time Best' for my console and see which games I might buy. Also, if you have a game in mind you'd like to buy, just search for their ratings there to help you decide if it's worth buying or not.

I would recommend Grand Theft Auto 4 (better to just settle for the Complete Edition) if you don't already have it. It's ranked the second best game for Xbox.

And just in case, I think games with a rating of 70% or more is decent enough to be purchased.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #2: Feb 18, 2011 09:51:01 pm
      Red Dead Redemption
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #3: Feb 18, 2011 09:54:47 pm
      Batman - Arkhum Asylum , without doubt one of the finest games ever created !!!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #4: Feb 19, 2011 06:06:56 am

Thanks Ad, I'll have a look.

Just wanted some people's opinions from on here, I know there are lots of geeks well informed fans on the site.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #5: Feb 19, 2011 07:35:38 am
      Definitely try Assassin's Creed 2. It improves on the first one in every way possible. I haven't gotten around to Brotherhood, but I've heard it's great too.

RPG/Fantasy/Adventure: the Fable series is really good. Also The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion is an older one, but worth the play still IMO. I'd also recommend the two Dragon Age games (if you don't mind turn-based combat)

RPG/Shooters: Mass Effect 1 and 2 are amazing (sci-fi). Two of the best games I've ever played. Also Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas (post-apocalyptic) are very good as well. Technically they are all FPS, but they each have systems in place that can minimize that side of it if it's not your cup of tea.
      Wall
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • Dangerous, Unpredictable and I Make a lot of Noise
      Reply #6: Feb 19, 2011 09:15:05 am
      Totally agree Assasains Creed 2 is 100% better than the orginal, playing through Fallout 3 again with the expansions.

Red Dead Redemption is good as well just like GTA in the Wild West. Anyone played it with zombie expansion?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #7: Feb 19, 2011 09:48:41 am
      Cheers guys, appreciated. ;)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #8: Feb 19, 2011 12:15:31 pm
      Sell the Xbox.

Get a PS3 and get the new Gran Turismo. Sorted. ;)
      sergio tachini
      • Banned

• 156 posts |
      Reply #9: Feb 19, 2011 01:01:03 pm
      Forza 3 is brilliant, just got nfs hot pursuit, very good, the batman game is very good also.
      you dont play fifa....WRONG even my 8 yr old lad is into it Myfault, he wont go any team except liverpool bless him.
      im like you ayrton, im new to it all after being a pc gamer for many many years.
      get a kinect they are rather good, and induce a friendly/family element to gameplay.

Ta
      Robby r
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #10: Feb 19, 2011 01:03:23 pm
      Oh, yeah, Ayrton.

Also would recommend what ozgooner recommended. I've been playing Batman - Arkham Asylum on my friend's laptop and liked it. Also highly rated and I have bought one for my Playstation for 11 pounds!

Red Dead Redemption is just like GTA (both by Rockstar) but I'd always prefer driving cars than riding horses ;)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #11: Feb 19, 2011 03:44:16 pm
      Sell the Xbox.

Get a PS3 and get the new Gran Turismo. Sorted. ;)

:D

Forza 3 is brilliant, just got nfs hot pursuit, very good, the batman game is very good also.
      you dont play fifa....WRONG even my 8 yr old lad is into it Myfault, he wont go any team except liverpool bless him.
      im like you ayrton, im new to it all after being a pc gamer for many many years.
      get a kinect they are rather good, and induce a friendly/family element to gameplay.

Ta
      Robby r

Cheers Robby, nice to see you back on the forum, though your disguise may be slipping! ;)

Sorry about FIFA, but just aren't bothered about football games anymore, not since Kick Off 2 on the Amiga!

And Ad, Red Dead Redemption sounds decent, but don't know if I'm tempted by the whole Wild West thing... But definitely want GTA IV when I have the chance!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #12: Feb 22, 2011 10:36:56 am
      People kept banging on about Arkham Asylum so I picked it up for 8 or 9 quid for the 360 a few months back. Finally got round to playing it last night... what a game! It's far far better than I expected. Definitely recommend it, especially at the kind of price you can get it for now.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Best used 360 Games
      Reply #13: Feb 28, 2012 08:18:01 pm
      I just got a 360 about 4 months ago.  I got it for free because it had the RROD. I was able to fix it and it works great now.  So, most of the good 360 games that came out over the last 4 years are 'New" games to me.  I got Gears of War and Assassins Creed  about 2 weeks ago and have been playing those.  But I am looking to get a few more to play and I dont want to get a sh*t game.

So, anyone have a recommendation?   I was looking at Resident Evil 5 and Alan Wake.  I am also wondering what the best shooter is.  Right now the shooters are confusing the hell out of me. Their is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, Call of Duty Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3,Medal of Honor, Battlefield and Battlefield Bad Company etc... Not to mention the number of add on discs and expansion packs. I know some games are better because they have better online play but I dont like online play so that doesnt matter to me.

So, I am looking for a good all around game. I like the action, puzzle solving and task games. Like the Old Tomb Raider games and Resident Evils...I like shooters and action games. I think Gears is awesome....I like Assassins Creed but its a little to in depth for me. I like how open it is but at times its easy to get lost and hard to figure out exactly what I need to do.

So If anyone can help me, it is appreciated.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Best used 360 Games
      Reply #14: Feb 28, 2012 08:40:05 pm
      You should be able to get most of these dirt cheap and all very good single player games, apart from a couple of the newer ones which might be a little more expensive.. also they bring out that many Call of Duty games it can be confusing keeping up with them for someone just coming into them xD

- Gears of War 2
      - Gears of War 3
      - Alan Wake
      - Battlefield: Bad Company 1
      - Battlefield: Bad Company 2
      - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
      - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Continues from MW)
      - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Continues from MW2)
      - Rainbow Six: Vegas
      - Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
      - The Darkness
      - Halo Reach
      - FIFA 12
      - PES 2012
      - BioShock
      - BioShock 2
      - Dead Space
      - Dead Space 2

And loads more.... what I do is just go into a game store, look at the pre owned pile where they do deals like 4 for £20 or something and just pick a couple of games I know I will probably like and a couple that Im not sure about but want to try, found some gems doing it that way..
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Re: Best used 360 Games
      Reply #15: Feb 29, 2012 05:49:09 am
      the new Metal Gear Solid HD collection should tickle your fancy. it is a new game but it's RRP is cheap, cheaper than full price games, because it's actually an HD remake of two legendary MGS games from the PS2 and the PSP sequel. so you get three games on the one disc, stealth/action, two of the best games in the genres ever. sure they aren't mind blowing 1080p up to date graphics but when games are this good you just don't care. it's not really an open world free for all game but you can choose to mess around which provides a lot of fun. from hiding in cardboard boxes to get around guards to setting anacondas on them as distractions. it's tops.

there are a lot of cinematics though. sometimes you'll just want to skip them and play but you know you have to listen to 20 minutes of story!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #16: Feb 29, 2012 07:16:35 am
      Took the liberty of merging your thread into an older one that I created last year, as the topic was essentially the same, like that it adds a few more games and advice for you.

Can definitely recommend Resident Evil 5, I loved it, and Assassin's Creed. Still haven't got round to playing Alan Wake though (in my defence, it came free with the console, and there were plenty of other games I wanted to play first!).

Currently playing Elder Scroll IV: Oblivion. Not the most impressive game graphically, since it's from 2006, but the sheer size of it and epicness (see: I had to invent a word to describe it, it's so good! ;)) makes it soooo worthwhile.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #17: Feb 29, 2012 07:18:40 am
      the new Metal Gear Solid HD collection should tickle your fancy. it is a new game but it's RRP is cheap, cheaper than full price games, because it's actually an HD remake of two legendary MGS games from the PS2 and the PSP sequel.

Sounds tempting, that!

Made me think as well, I downloaded the HD remake of Resident Evil 4 (my all-time favourite Resident Evil) and loved playing it through again!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #18: Feb 29, 2012 08:28:17 am
      You should definitely go for Gears of War 3. Not only is it graphically epic (better looking than the previous two) and addictive to play but I've never seen a game so well supported in an online sense. There is some kind of expansion, special offer or event on pretty much every week.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #19: Feb 29, 2012 01:14:39 pm
      Skyrim by far is one of the best for 360, still £40 though. The Bioshocks are sh*t hot. Fallout 3 and NV are good. The Fable series, in particular, 2, are fantastic. Portal and Portal 2. Get The Orange Box, it has the first Portal on it, and Half-Life, amazing game.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #20: Mar 01, 2012 06:51:05 pm
      Can anyone sort out the COD, Modern Warfare, Medal of Honor confusion for me? 

Is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 the follow up to Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare? 

My head is spinning over which ones are the really good games and which one's are not. Now I read that the team who made Modern Warfare made Battlefield, and someone who made COD 4 then made Medal of Honor but not Battlefield...  :mad:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #21: Mar 01, 2012 08:18:31 pm
      Got myself my first 360 since 2006 this very day, ordered some games that plopped on my mat yesterday which where:

Burnout Paradise
      Air Conflicts
      Banjoo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts
      Crash Mind Over Mutant
      Crash Time 4
      Dead Island
      Fear 3
      RESIDENT EVIL 6
      Modern Warfare 3
      Skyrim

Had a quick 15 minute go on Crash Bandicoot to give it a whirl and haven't got time to try anything else, you know what it's like, if I put a game on I'll fart and 3 hours will be gone so I'll be saving my game fest till the weekend.

I'll be popping in this thread though as I'll be getting another 10 games in the not too distant and ideas are welcome.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #22: Mar 01, 2012 08:21:51 pm

Not out until the end of the year, surely?

Even Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City isn't out until later this month!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #23: Mar 01, 2012 08:24:43 pm
      Can anyone sort out the COD, Modern Warfare, Medal of Honor confusion for me? 

Is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 the follow up to Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare? 

My head is spinning over which ones are the really good games and which one's are not. Now I read that the team who made Modern Warfare made Battlefield, and someone who made COD 4 then made Medal of Honor but not Battlefield...  :mad:

Here are the most recent ones...

Call of Duty Order by release date.. (Made by Infinity Ward and Treyarch)
      - Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (Infinity Ward)
      - Call of Duty World at War (Treyarch)
      - Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (Continues from MW) (Infinity Ward)
      - Call of Duty Black Ops (Treyarch)
      - Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (Continues from MW2) (Infinity Ward)

Battlefield by release date.... (Made by EA)
      - Battlefield Bad Company
      - Battlefield Bad Company 2 (Continues from BC)
      - Battlefield 3 (New story, does not continue from previous game)

Medal of Honor (Also made by EA)
      - Medal of Honor (Its sh*t)

LFCexiled
      Reply #24: Mar 01, 2012 08:29:39 pm
      Not out until the end of the year, surely?

Even Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City isn't out until later this month!

Yes, ignore me. It's Res 5, gold edition. Whatever that may be, not sure why it's gold but I'm sure I'll find out.

I should clarify that I've bought back-ups off t'internet so I don't have to risk scratching my originals.  :angel:
      « Last Edit: Mar 01, 2012 08:40:33 pm by LFCexiled »
      guyfawks
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      • Keep trying, you'll get there in the end
      Reply #25: Mar 17, 2012 11:41:10 am
      best game is forza 4
      second best game forza 4
      third best game... get the idea it really is fantastic, oh yes i got forza 3 and it dollops all over that thing, and gt5 which i also have.
      fifa 12 i now got a ps3 and thats impressive on that
      the kinect games are good, especially the sports games.
      bioshocks are good too.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #26: May 04, 2012 08:59:37 am
      Dont know if these games have already been mentioned but here's some of my fav's:

Ace combat: Fires of liberation
      IL2 Sturmovick (sp)
      Batman Arkham Asylum/City <- Amazing games :D
      Space Marine
      Bayonetta
      Dantes Inferno <--- Not for children ;)
      Mafia 2
      Red Faction Gurilla (sp) Armageddon
      Star Wars Force Unleashed 1+2 <--- really good games :)
      Of course Battlefield 3

it all depends on what game types you like, but on xbox live you can pretty much download a demo of most games, to see if you like them. But there a few of my fav's :D

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #27: May 04, 2012 11:53:58 am

Dantes Inferno <--- Not for children ;)

Give us a bit of a run through on these two, then, you've got me interested! :D
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #28: May 04, 2012 02:59:28 pm
      Give us a bit of a run through on these two, then, you've got me interested!

Ok, I'll try, Space Marine is a game baised on the table top wargame sensation that is Warhammer 40k, Dont worry its not a stratergy game its kinda like Gears of war but with testicles ;), Sorry not a big fan of gears but really enjoyed Space marine, nothing like stomping on an orks head to realive some stress :) Good online games to be had also.

And Dantes Inferno is losely baised on a poem by the same name, Its about a crusaders journy through hell on a quest to save his beloved, who has been take by the devil, of a different name,to be his wife/devil/buddy, and you have to fight youre own "inner" demons ect to try and save her, from the book/game/anime and history, those crusaders were not very nice people ;).it does have some nudy bits and is full of less than child friendly content, good game though.
      If you enjoy it theres a manga film of the same name, which I watched before playing the game, not that it ruined it, (after already reading the book, long time ago) just ermmm, "enhanced" the game....slightly.
      But still both of these are good games.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #29: May 04, 2012 05:37:14 pm
      Ok, I'll try, Space Marine is a game baised on the table top wargame sensation that is Warhammer 40k, Dont worry its not a stratergy game its kinda like Gears of war but with testicles ;), Sorry not a big fan of gears but really enjoyed Space marine, nothing like stomping on an orks head to realive some stress :) Good online games to be had also.

And Dantes Inferno is losely baised on a poem by the same name, Its about a crusaders journy through hell on a quest to save his beloved, who has been take by the devil, of a different name,to be his wife/devil/buddy, and you have to fight youre own "inner" demons ect to try and save her, from the book/game/anime and history, those crusaders were not very nice people ;).it does have some nudy bits and is full of less than child friendly content, good game though.
      If you enjoy it theres a manga film of the same name, which I watched before playing the game, not that it ruined it, (after already reading the book, long time ago) just ermmm, "enhanced" the game....slightly.
      But still both of these are good games.

Cheers, I know about Warhammer 40K, was just wondering if the game lived up to it!

And Dante's Inferno sounds interesting then, I'll have to get on some reviews to see some images/clips.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #30: May 05, 2012 12:44:30 am
      Have you tried Batman or Assassin's Creed?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #31: May 05, 2012 12:53:32 am
      Got a new game yesterday, Sniper Elite V2.

I didnt know anything about this game before I bought it, but saw it on ShopTo for £31 new release so thought I might as well give it a go, it is AWESOME!

The slow motion long shots you get are so satisfying! It shows Xray image as the bullets go in and shows the organs exploding xD
      Got a cool DLC for it too, Kill Hitler ;D! Just shattered his skull not five minutes ago xD

Here's a vid.. notice the nazi nut shot at 1:48 lool!

Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #32: May 08, 2012 10:09:42 am
      Looks like a good game, will have to go get the demo now, ok just so I can try and get a nut shot myself :P
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #33: May 10, 2012 01:19:37 pm
      Good shout, ATK. I just downloaded the demo and had a quick play before getting ready for work.
      Two things I was worried about were that it would be low quality because I didn't know the developers and that just sniping would get boring. I was wrong on both parts. The graphics, animations and AI are excellent and although the sniping is great fun, you also get to mix it up with other weapons. Looks like a cracking game from what I've seen so far and yes, I got a nut shot!

ATK, what does it mean where you see a 'ghost' of where you've just been standing?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #34: May 10, 2012 06:24:57 pm
      Good shout, ATK. I just downloaded the demo and had a quick play before getting ready for work.
      Two things I was worried about were that it would be low quality because I didn't know the developers and that just sniping would get boring. I was wrong on both parts. The graphics, animations and AI are excellent and although the sniping is great fun, you also get to mix it up with other weapons. Looks like a cracking game from what I've seen so far and yes, I got a nut shot!

ATK, what does it mean where you see a 'ghost' of where you've just been standing?
      The ghost shows the last place the enemy saw you, so if an enemy comes looking for you that's where they will go, so set up a trip wire there ;)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #35: May 10, 2012 06:25:58 pm
      The ghost shows the last place the enemy saw you, so if an enemy comes looking for you that's where they will go, so set up a trip wire there

Nice!
      I'll have another play through later but I'm very impressed so far.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #36: May 11, 2012 03:04:26 pm
      Finished the Sniper Elite v2 demo last night and really enjoyed it. I managed to get myself into a bit of a mess at one point and ended up blasting a load of Germans with my Thompson rather that picking them off. Got a few with trip wires and mines as well. I don't think I could get bored of the slow motion kill cam and the way you see their internal organs rupture and bones crack!

My house mate was reading up on it as I was playing and the only thing people have complained about is the length of the game, saying it's a bit too short. There is an online, co-op side to it though.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #37: May 11, 2012 03:07:02 pm
      Batman!!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #38: May 13, 2012 09:24:49 pm
      Anyone had a look at Dragons Dogma? After the good time I had with Sniper Elite V2 I thought I would look at games that were just released or coming soon that weren't really being thrown in my face on every advert, and I have to say this game looks class, apparently, its bigger than Skyrim... just you might not want to explore it all xD

Looks great to me, love how at night it actually goes pitch black, adds a lot in my opinion... Demo available on the online stores.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #39: May 13, 2012 09:35:56 pm
      Not exactly my type of game I think. It's like Kingdoms of Amalur or Risen 2 isn't it?
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #40: May 18, 2012 08:59:10 am
      I have seen it, looks good, but not my sort of game. But friends who are into that sort of game reckon it'll be a big hit
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #41: May 18, 2012 02:24:08 pm
      Finnished sniper elite demo, was great, didnt manage a nut-shot though :(, definatly on my shopping list.
      Tried the demo for Dragons Dogma also, was good if a little short, not really my type of game, but I like the way they've mixed it up a little, I'll get that one when its on the cheap.
      Playing Duke Nuke'em Forever at the moment, really disapointed tbh, I played the originals and expected alot more than I got :( Some funny one liners ect, but not enough to call it a good game, sadly :(
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #42: May 18, 2012 04:51:43 pm
      Got Max Payne 3 yesterday, it is really good! Graphics are amazing and it is really cinematic! Not much gameplay change from the previous two but that's not a bad thing... slow mo is still awesome! haven't tried the online multiplayer yet but will do now its weekend...

Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #43: May 19, 2012 06:59:21 pm

The Missus just walked in with Arkham City, Think its her way of kicking me upstairs so I dont put the footy on....might work......might not, :P

Really cant wait to play it though, Arkham Asylum was amazing so Iam expecting somthing special with this one, cant be any worse than Duke, We shall see :)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #44: May 20, 2012 12:25:06 pm
      ATK, Rockstar games are usually good, aren't they?

I don't know if I should buy Max Payne 3 before I go back or wait for a "complete edition" since they had complete editions for GTA 4, LA Noire and Game of the Year edition for Red Dead Redemption.

And Bl00D, Batman is simply awesome. I really enjoy the fighting mechanism.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #45: May 20, 2012 01:50:35 pm
      ATK, Rockstar games are usually good, aren't they?

Yeh, only GTA IV was a let down. That game sucked xD
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #46: May 20, 2012 02:31:12 pm

The gameplay was still good, the characters were abysmal, unlikeable and, for the first time, left me feeling disconnected from the game.
      « Last Edit: May 20, 2012 02:45:56 pm by Roddenberry »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #47: May 20, 2012 02:44:46 pm

Graphics could be improved though!!
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #48: May 23, 2012 04:53:19 pm
      And Bl00D, Batman is simply awesome. I really enjoy the fighting mechanism.

Youre not wrong there, Loving it, as good (if not better) as Arkham Asylum, Glideing through the streets Kickin ar*e and takin names, Really enjoying it, with all the side quests ect.
      Gunna keep me hooked for a while me thinks.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #49: May 23, 2012 05:11:14 pm
      My copy of Ghost Recon Future Soldier arrived today, couple of days early, love ShopTo.net!! (seriously check them out)

Gonna give it a quick go later, dont want to get into it too much though now as I still have Max Payne 3 to finish and I hate playing multiple games once I have already started one..

Youre not wrong there, Loving it, as good (if not better) as Arkham Asylum, Glideing through the streets Kickin ar*e and takin names, Really enjoying it, with all the side quests ect.
      Gunna keep me hooked for a while me thinks.
      Awesome game, still think Asylum was better but still a must play, fighting is just so smooth and fluid. I think I should have spent more time on it though.. finished the main quest and most of the side missions but there is some stuff I had to do, ended up selling it though...
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #50: May 23, 2012 05:31:35 pm
      My copy of Ghost Recon Future Soldier arrived today, couple of days early, love ShopTo.net!! (seriously check them out)

Gonna give it a quick go later, dont want to get into it too much though now as I still have Max Payne 3 to finish and I hate playing multiple games once I have already started one..

Awesome game, still think Asylum was better but still a must play, fighting is just so smooth and fluid. I think I should have spent more time on it though.. finished the main quest and most of the side missions but there is some stuff I had to do, ended up selling it though...

ShopTo.Net is reliable as hell! I've only bought two games from them so far (non pre-orders) - Call of Duty Black Ops Hardened Edition and Dynasty Warriors7, and they came about at max 2 days later. Wished they'd drop their prices more often, though.

I actually got all the trophies (Xbox achievements) for Arkham Asylum and the Combat Challeges were ... so difficult for me.

Anyone checked out Far Cry 3 yet?

Looks amazing ..

Far Cry 3 - Stranded Trailer [UK]
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #51: May 25, 2012 12:40:17 pm

Loved the first one (pc) the add-onn animalinstincts thingy ruined it in my eyes,
      second one wasnt too bad, 3rd one looks good, but most games do nowadays,might give it a whurl!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #52: May 25, 2012 09:38:43 pm
      Just completed Max Payne 3, absolutely brilliant game! non stop action from start to finish and some really awesome set piece moments. If I get the chance might play through on the highest difficulty for a bit of a challenge, I played it on Medium this time as I know from the last two they were quite unforgiving and it gave me a better challenge than some other games on the higher difficulty's.

Must buy!

Ghost Recon time..
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #53: May 28, 2012 02:46:05 am

Looks amazing ..

Nice video but zero gameplay footage  :-\
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #54: May 28, 2012 03:36:17 pm
      Nice video but zero gameplay footage  :-\

Far Cry 3 - E3 2011: Gameplay Live Demo

I think it starts from 3:00 onwards.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #55: May 28, 2012 04:12:22 pm
      As long as its better that Far Cry 2... I'll be happy :P

Far Cry Predator was my favourite, nice crazy gameplay!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #56: May 28, 2012 05:20:43 pm
      It does look good but Far Cry 2 was a bit of a let down for me too.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #57: Jul 19, 2012 05:35:58 am
      Batman: Arkham City
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #58: Jul 20, 2012 11:49:37 pm
      get God of war3, uncharted3, infamous2, gran turismo5, mgs4...oh wait, you meant 360? :D

I would seriously consider buying dragons dogma, mass effect 1&2, demon souls and skyrim since they sound like they are you would like.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #59: Jul 21, 2012 12:45:09 pm
      get God of war3, uncharted3, infamous2, gran turismo5, mgs4...oh wait, you meant 360? :D

I would seriously consider buying dragons dogma, mass effect 1&2, demon souls and skyrim since they sound like they are you would like.
      The one in green is good, the rest meh...  ;D

Oh and Dragons Dogma, YES! Awesome game!
      DirtyRed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Reply #60: Aug 21, 2012 01:49:23 am
      Bioshock
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #61: Aug 21, 2012 10:45:41 pm
      Just ordered an Xbox 360 Star Wars bundle with kinect. Can someone suggest some kinect games, either for me, or for my little girl (she is 4)
      Also, what is the best 1st person shooter around?

I really like the HITMAN kind of games, and read that Assasins Creed is pretty similar, anyone recommends it?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #62: Aug 22, 2012 02:32:57 pm
      Just ordered an Xbox 360 Star Wars bundle with kinect. Can someone suggest some kinect games, either for me, or for my little girl (she is 4)
      Also, what is the best 1st person shooter around?

I really like the HITMAN kind of games, and read that Assasins Creed is pretty similar, anyone recommends it?
      Kinect:
      Kinectimals
      Kinect Sports
      Dance Central

As for the best first person shooter, that's dependant on your style, if you want a quick run around and kill as many people as possible, Call of Duty is your game, Modern Warfare 3 being the most recent, although Black Ops 2 is out soon. Another game is Battlefield 3 but that involves working with your team mates and being a little more patient. But they are the two main ones, Call of Duty and Battlefield.

Assassins Creed is a good game, first is a little boring  and repetitive but I think if your gonna play them it is essential you play them all and I guess there are similarity's between Hitman and this but not many, just mainly the stealth. I would go for the Splinter Cell games if you want something like Hitman.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #63: Aug 22, 2012 06:37:44 pm
      Kinect:
      Kinectimals
      Kinect Sports
      Dance Central

As for the best first person shooter, that's dependant on your style, if you want a quick run around and kill as many people as possible, Call of Duty is your game, Modern Warfare 3 being the most recent, although Black Ops 2 is out soon. Another game is Battlefield 3 but that involves working with your team mates and being a little more patient. But they are the two main ones, Call of Duty and Battlefield.

Assassins Creed is a good game, first is a little boring  and repetitive but I think if your gonna play them it is essential you play them all and I guess there are similarity's between Hitman and this but not many, just mainly the stealth. I would go for the Splinter Cell games if you want something like Hitman.
      Thanks for the info. SPlinter cell sounds good, as i love Clancy´s books. Which one do you recommend to start with?
      EDIT: cant find what appears to be the first one of the series. Is it available for the 360?
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2012 06:55:20 pm by QuicoGalante »
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #64: Aug 22, 2012 08:02:25 pm
      The first few where released on PC, Xbox and PS2.

The old Xbox versions actually still work on the Xbox 360, but of course they dont look as good as today's games xD

Or if you have a PS3, they do a Splinter Cell Trilogy HD remake, where they have redone the first 3 games for HD (Not sure if they are releasing a 360 version) -> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tom-Clancys-Splinter-Cell-Trilogy/dp/B004JLNKNK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345661840&sr=8-1

Here is a graph showing the order of releases, if you don't fancy getting the older games and instead fancy starting with the 360 versions, you can always go on YouTube and you will find videos that give you a brief outline of the story so far.

Splinter Cell Essentials is a PSP only game but doesnt really need to be played to keep with the story.

NaumanChoudry
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      • ☆★ Liverpool Football Club!
      Reply #65: Aug 22, 2012 10:13:36 pm
      Splinter Cell Conviction is an excellent Xbox 360 game..
      Have a look at Minecraft it's quite fun even on Xbox!
      Really looking forward to Splinter Cell Blacklist!
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #66: Sep 20, 2012 02:37:19 pm
      Left for dead 1 and 2. Quality online zombie games.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #67: Feb 04, 2013 05:10:53 pm
      Finnished sniper elite demo, was great, didnt manage a nut-shot though :(, definatly on my shopping list.

Got a copy of SE v2, and i must ssay the demo does not do the game justice. Its a very good mix of sniper games and COD. I have to say the ballistics of the game are very advanced and reallistic. Some people have complained the AI is dumb, but only if you dont play on ELITE difficulty. If you do buy it, star on elite right away, and you will have a blast!

nut hots, liver shots, eye shots, ricochet shots, 2-3 and 4 in one shots, You can even shoot an enemy sniper trough his scope, into the brain, trough his spine and out of his ass!!.

Plus the story is very accurate and interesting.

QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #68: Feb 04, 2013 05:13:06 pm
      The first few where released on PC, Xbox and PS2.

The old Xbox versions actually still work on the Xbox 360, but of course they dont look as good as today's games xD

Or if you have a PS3, they do a Splinter Cell Trilogy HD remake, where they have redone the first 3 games for HD (Not sure if they are releasing a 360 version) -> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tom-Clancys-Splinter-Cell-Trilogy/dp/B004JLNKNK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345661840&sr=8-1

Here is a graph showing the order of releases, if you don't fancy getting the older games and instead fancy starting with the 360 versions, you can always go on YouTube and you will find videos that give you a brief outline of the story so far.

Splinter Cell Essentials is a PSP only game but doesnt really need to be played to keep with the story.

Finished the Splinter cell conviction, and I must say it was fantastic!! Im still finishing the awards, as some are quite difficult, but some ill never get because you need to play online to do so (hate it when they do that)

Thanks for the info again, and for the recommendation!. Looking forward to blacklist!
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #69: Feb 04, 2013 05:16:45 pm
      Got the Assasins Creed games II and brotherhood, still havent really gotten into them, since my time is limeted, and im finishing Sniper Elite V2.

Also got Lego LOTR and Lego HP for the family (both 4 player games), Sesame street Once Upon a Monster for Kinect (the little one loves it, recommendable).

Also, for anyone with family, try the Disney Universe game its fun for all ages, and great to play a good arcade style game with family.

fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #70: Feb 05, 2013 01:59:26 pm
      The lego games are a good laugh for a while but get repetitive. But still funny.

Quick Reply