Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Best XBox 360 Games?

Read 12052 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Best XBox 360 Games?
      Reply #23: Mar 01, 2012 08:24:43 pm
      Can anyone sort out the COD, Modern Warfare, Medal of Honor confusion for me? 

Is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 the follow up to Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare? 

My head is spinning over which ones are the really good games and which one's are not. Now I read that the team who made Modern Warfare made Battlefield, and someone who made COD 4 then made Medal of Honor but not Battlefield...  :mad:

Here are the most recent ones...

Call of Duty Order by release date.. (Made by Infinity Ward and Treyarch)
      - Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (Infinity Ward)
      - Call of Duty World at War (Treyarch)
      - Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (Continues from MW) (Infinity Ward)
      - Call of Duty Black Ops (Treyarch)
      - Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (Continues from MW2) (Infinity Ward)

Battlefield by release date.... (Made by EA)
      - Battlefield Bad Company
      - Battlefield Bad Company 2 (Continues from BC)
      - Battlefield 3 (New story, does not continue from previous game)

Medal of Honor (Also made by EA)
      - Medal of Honor (Its sh*t)

LFCexiled
      Reply #24: Mar 01, 2012 08:29:39 pm
      Not out until the end of the year, surely?

Even Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City isn't out until later this month!

Yes, ignore me. It's Res 5, gold edition. Whatever that may be, not sure why it's gold but I'm sure I'll find out.

I should clarify that I've bought back-ups off t'internet so I don't have to risk scratching my originals.  :angel:
      « Last Edit: Mar 01, 2012 08:40:33 pm by LFCexiled »
      guyfawks
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      • Keep trying, you'll get there in the end
      Reply #25: Mar 17, 2012 11:41:10 am
      best game is forza 4
      second best game forza 4
      third best game... get the idea it really is fantastic, oh yes i got forza 3 and it dollops all over that thing, and gt5 which i also have.
      fifa 12 i now got a ps3 and thats impressive on that
      the kinect games are good, especially the sports games.
      bioshocks are good too.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #26: May 04, 2012 08:59:37 am
      Dont know if these games have already been mentioned but here's some of my fav's:

Ace combat: Fires of liberation
      IL2 Sturmovick (sp)
      Batman Arkham Asylum/City <- Amazing games :D
      Space Marine
      Bayonetta
      Dantes Inferno <--- Not for children ;)
      Mafia 2
      Red Faction Gurilla (sp) Armageddon
      Star Wars Force Unleashed 1+2 <--- really good games :)
      Of course Battlefield 3

it all depends on what game types you like, but on xbox live you can pretty much download a demo of most games, to see if you like them. But there a few of my fav's :D

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #27: May 04, 2012 11:53:58 am

Dantes Inferno <--- Not for children ;)

Give us a bit of a run through on these two, then, you've got me interested! :D
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #28: May 04, 2012 02:59:28 pm
      Give us a bit of a run through on these two, then, you've got me interested!

Ok, I'll try, Space Marine is a game baised on the table top wargame sensation that is Warhammer 40k, Dont worry its not a stratergy game its kinda like Gears of war but with testicles ;), Sorry not a big fan of gears but really enjoyed Space marine, nothing like stomping on an orks head to realive some stress :) Good online games to be had also.

And Dantes Inferno is losely baised on a poem by the same name, Its about a crusaders journy through hell on a quest to save his beloved, who has been take by the devil, of a different name,to be his wife/devil/buddy, and you have to fight youre own "inner" demons ect to try and save her, from the book/game/anime and history, those crusaders were not very nice people ;).it does have some nudy bits and is full of less than child friendly content, good game though.
      If you enjoy it theres a manga film of the same name, which I watched before playing the game, not that it ruined it, (after already reading the book, long time ago) just ermmm, "enhanced" the game....slightly.
      But still both of these are good games.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #29: May 04, 2012 05:37:14 pm
      Ok, I'll try, Space Marine is a game baised on the table top wargame sensation that is Warhammer 40k, Dont worry its not a stratergy game its kinda like Gears of war but with testicles ;), Sorry not a big fan of gears but really enjoyed Space marine, nothing like stomping on an orks head to realive some stress :) Good online games to be had also.

And Dantes Inferno is losely baised on a poem by the same name, Its about a crusaders journy through hell on a quest to save his beloved, who has been take by the devil, of a different name,to be his wife/devil/buddy, and you have to fight youre own "inner" demons ect to try and save her, from the book/game/anime and history, those crusaders were not very nice people ;).it does have some nudy bits and is full of less than child friendly content, good game though.
      If you enjoy it theres a manga film of the same name, which I watched before playing the game, not that it ruined it, (after already reading the book, long time ago) just ermmm, "enhanced" the game....slightly.
      But still both of these are good games.

Cheers, I know about Warhammer 40K, was just wondering if the game lived up to it!

And Dante's Inferno sounds interesting then, I'll have to get on some reviews to see some images/clips.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #30: May 05, 2012 12:44:30 am
      Have you tried Batman or Assassin's Creed?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #31: May 05, 2012 12:53:32 am
      Got a new game yesterday, Sniper Elite V2.

I didnt know anything about this game before I bought it, but saw it on ShopTo for £31 new release so thought I might as well give it a go, it is AWESOME!

The slow motion long shots you get are so satisfying! It shows Xray image as the bullets go in and shows the organs exploding xD
      Got a cool DLC for it too, Kill Hitler ;D! Just shattered his skull not five minutes ago xD

Here's a vid.. notice the nazi nut shot at 1:48 lool!

Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #32: May 08, 2012 10:09:42 am
      Looks like a good game, will have to go get the demo now, ok just so I can try and get a nut shot myself :P
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #33: May 10, 2012 01:19:37 pm
      Good shout, ATK. I just downloaded the demo and had a quick play before getting ready for work.
      Two things I was worried about were that it would be low quality because I didn't know the developers and that just sniping would get boring. I was wrong on both parts. The graphics, animations and AI are excellent and although the sniping is great fun, you also get to mix it up with other weapons. Looks like a cracking game from what I've seen so far and yes, I got a nut shot!

ATK, what does it mean where you see a 'ghost' of where you've just been standing?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #34: May 10, 2012 06:24:57 pm
      Good shout, ATK. I just downloaded the demo and had a quick play before getting ready for work.
      Two things I was worried about were that it would be low quality because I didn't know the developers and that just sniping would get boring. I was wrong on both parts. The graphics, animations and AI are excellent and although the sniping is great fun, you also get to mix it up with other weapons. Looks like a cracking game from what I've seen so far and yes, I got a nut shot!

ATK, what does it mean where you see a 'ghost' of where you've just been standing?
      The ghost shows the last place the enemy saw you, so if an enemy comes looking for you that's where they will go, so set up a trip wire there ;)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #35: May 10, 2012 06:25:58 pm
      The ghost shows the last place the enemy saw you, so if an enemy comes looking for you that's where they will go, so set up a trip wire there

Nice!
      I'll have another play through later but I'm very impressed so far.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #36: May 11, 2012 03:04:26 pm
      Finished the Sniper Elite v2 demo last night and really enjoyed it. I managed to get myself into a bit of a mess at one point and ended up blasting a load of Germans with my Thompson rather that picking them off. Got a few with trip wires and mines as well. I don't think I could get bored of the slow motion kill cam and the way you see their internal organs rupture and bones crack!

My house mate was reading up on it as I was playing and the only thing people have complained about is the length of the game, saying it's a bit too short. There is an online, co-op side to it though.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #37: May 11, 2012 03:07:02 pm
      Batman!!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #38: May 13, 2012 09:24:49 pm
      Anyone had a look at Dragons Dogma? After the good time I had with Sniper Elite V2 I thought I would look at games that were just released or coming soon that weren't really being thrown in my face on every advert, and I have to say this game looks class, apparently, its bigger than Skyrim... just you might not want to explore it all xD

Looks great to me, love how at night it actually goes pitch black, adds a lot in my opinion... Demo available on the online stores.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #39: May 13, 2012 09:35:56 pm
      Not exactly my type of game I think. It's like Kingdoms of Amalur or Risen 2 isn't it?
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #40: May 18, 2012 08:59:10 am
      I have seen it, looks good, but not my sort of game. But friends who are into that sort of game reckon it'll be a big hit
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #41: May 18, 2012 02:24:08 pm
      Finnished sniper elite demo, was great, didnt manage a nut-shot though :(, definatly on my shopping list.
      Tried the demo for Dragons Dogma also, was good if a little short, not really my type of game, but I like the way they've mixed it up a little, I'll get that one when its on the cheap.
      Playing Duke Nuke'em Forever at the moment, really disapointed tbh, I played the originals and expected alot more than I got :( Some funny one liners ect, but not enough to call it a good game, sadly :(
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #42: May 18, 2012 04:51:43 pm
      Got Max Payne 3 yesterday, it is really good! Graphics are amazing and it is really cinematic! Not much gameplay change from the previous two but that's not a bad thing... slow mo is still awesome! haven't tried the online multiplayer yet but will do now its weekend...

Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #43: May 19, 2012 06:59:21 pm

The Missus just walked in with Arkham City, Think its her way of kicking me upstairs so I dont put the footy on....might work......might not, :P

Really cant wait to play it though, Arkham Asylum was amazing so Iam expecting somthing special with this one, cant be any worse than Duke, We shall see :)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #44: May 20, 2012 12:25:06 pm
      ATK, Rockstar games are usually good, aren't they?

I don't know if I should buy Max Payne 3 before I go back or wait for a "complete edition" since they had complete editions for GTA 4, LA Noire and Game of the Year edition for Red Dead Redemption.

And Bl00D, Batman is simply awesome. I really enjoy the fighting mechanism.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #45: May 20, 2012 01:50:35 pm
      ATK, Rockstar games are usually good, aren't they?

Yeh, only GTA IV was a let down. That game sucked xD

Quick Reply