Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Top 4 will be stronger next season.

Read 15968 times
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Top 4 will be stronger next season.
      Feb 20, 2011 11:41:27 am
      Your thoughts please on our chances of top 4 as i think it will be even harder next season.

Mancs - They will undoubtably strenghen next season and will be just as strong as usual.
      Arsenal - They are going to have to bite the bullet and spend as thier defence looks shakey.
      Man City - Plenty of ins and outs as usual. They,ll be happy with CL this season but will want to dominate next season.
      Spurs - The big one for them is if they can keep hold of Bale and Modric.
      Chelsea - They are going to have to spend big next season as they will have to build a team around thier 50 million star man. I expect to see Rafa in charge next season.

The rest will also strengthen and for us we,ll have to spend some big money also. Exciting times ahead i think.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Re: Top 4 will be stronger next season.
      Reply #1: Feb 20, 2011 11:46:04 am
      More importantly....we will be much stronger.

Not bothered about the rest to be honest and cannot see Rafa going to Chelsea!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: Feb 20, 2011 11:49:13 am
      Rafa would not go to Chelsea. No way in hell.

F**k the rest, we'll be invincible by then.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #3: Feb 20, 2011 11:54:13 am
      Chelsea and City wont be able to spend too much because of the new financial rules coming in.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #4: Feb 20, 2011 12:00:10 pm
      I think it's the teams who qualify for the champions league this season will have a big head start in the transfer market, they will be able to attract the top players. Remember its the start of the fair play rules so it may change things, I doubt it will change much for the short term though.

I see Arsenal splashing big for Hazard, Arshavin probably leaving. Also they probably will get a young defender (Sakho)

Chelsea need to spend millions. I also doubt Carlo will be there at the end of the season. They need a create midfielder, at least 1 winger and replacements for Lampard, Terry, Anelka, Malouda in the coming years who are all aging.

City need a winger and then they will be good. I'd guess they'll get someone like Mata. Also Tevez might be leaving.

Spurs need some defenders and a striker. I'd imagine a couple squad players will leave. I think they will spend big on a striker (if they qualify for the cl). Someone like Llorente or Rossi.

United will probably spend heavily in this window I feel. They need a creative goalscoring central midfielder. Modric will be in there thoughts but I seriously doubt it. SAF has said that they are looking at 1 target signing who they tried to sign who wasn't available in Jan. It could be Young and Villa didn't want to sell while in a relegation battle, I doubt it though. I have a feeling it could be Henderson of Sunderland, been decent this season and SAF has been watching Sunderland a few times. Also they lost Bent so they didn't want to sell 2 important players in the same transfer window. Rodwell has been linked but do they really need a defensive midfielder?

Liverpool need to spend big. We need 2 wingers, left back and a center midfielder if Aquilani goes.

Also I cannot see Rafa going to Chelsea.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #5: Feb 20, 2011 12:02:55 pm
      Chelsea and City wont be able to spend too much because of the new financial rules coming in.

I think they will continue to spend this window. They have 3 years to solve that problem, plus they might be hoping on the first year being a mere slap on the wrists punishment
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #6: Feb 20, 2011 12:03:20 pm
      I'm not so sure about the chavs and scum as they have more of a rebuilding job than we have.  

The chavs will have plenty of money to spend but they still need those new players to bed in and if they are non PL players they will also need time to adjust.  They will also be changing Manager as I can't see Carlo still being there.

The scum have no money apart from possibly who they sell and they have a lot of players ready for their pension.  They have also had less of their youth come through than we have since the 2007 Youth Cup final.  Having watched them yesterday against Crawley their 2nd string is even weaken than ours.

So that leaves us, shi**y, arsenal and spurs.

There's your top 4 for next season.

I also can't see Rafa going to the chavs either, he'd hate it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #7: Feb 20, 2011 12:07:53 pm
      What ? Rafa in charge of the Chavs, f**k me fella thats a shocker, I would be amazed if Rafa went there I really would, cant see it me self but never say never, we will be challenging next season deffo, and I think we will be in the top 4, I think Spuds will top out and cant see them getting any better, Chavs will have a clear out in the summer inc Drogba, Anelka possibly even Cole, Terry is a old Kunt now as is fat Frank and Essien, Manure cant keep going with the players they're hangin onto, Giggs will be a bit part player, Scholes will be gone, VDS gone, Evra gone, Anderson dont cut it, nor does Fanni, Berbaflop is just that, Shrek has reached his peak and needs Giggs etc around him, they will be there for sure but cant see them sustaining a title challenge full on and will more than likely do what the Chavs are doing now, that leaves shitty Arse and us we are getting stronger and with KK at the helm he will take us to the promise land, we fear no one, they, Ferguscum, Arsenic, W anc ellotti, Hairy kneecap and Mancini will be looking over their shoulders, we are the ones to watch, bring it f***in on.
      « Last Edit: Feb 20, 2011 01:00:26 pm by billythered »
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #8: Feb 20, 2011 12:26:22 pm
      Chelsea will have to spend big. They got around 4 or 5 players who are already above 30 next season. Drogba, Anelka, Malouda are the usual suspects. They do not have a solid youth system because during Roman's early years he spent most on already made players. Now it has become a big task for them to build a solid team like they used to. They have to build a team around their 50 million star and that's one hard task because FT as we knew didn't like being surrounded by mediocre players. So next season will be some massive task for them as I believe they are a team in transition not us.

With Spurs, we have to look at some possibilities. Bale is their prized asset right now and it will not take too much time for the likes of Barca or Real or even Milan to take a shot at having him, not to mention Scum or even City will try and snatch him. If this past January transfer could be the indication, I didn't see Spurs as a team that could attract big signings. Pienaar is their biggest coup last January and looking at their inability to maintain a good run of form I would guess they will not be as busy as before in the summer.But if they really do could get one or two big signings that will be a possible threat.

City as usual will flex their financial power to get what they want but in expense of selling most of their big players. They will buy anyone they want, but how will they maintain their squad? This will be the turning point. They got at least 9 strikers but do they play on a regular basis? They only know how to buy but really don't know how to manage. And I expect most of the big players will avoid being their player as competition will be fierce.

Scum, well should I say. If they got a full team of crap, as long as the refs behind them, they'll win matches. They are not as good as they used to but this season is their lucky season as most of big teams don't have the ability to maintain winning mentality. They too will have some task of replacing some of their old cows.

Arsenal will continue to play attractive football but with Arsene policy I wouldn't bet on them winning next season.

We are now in transition but not as severe as Chelsea. There's some department that needed to be reinforce but with only 1 or 2 addition. Even if we don't make it to CL, I bet we'll be attracting some big players here. Plus among all above, we got the best youth system nurtured by Rafa. Kelly for example has blossomed well and I no doubt will see the likes of Pacheco, Suso, Sterling, Bruna will go and challenge our 1st eleven near future. The future looks bright for us.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #9: Feb 20, 2011 12:37:37 pm
      ManUtd need to sort their sh*t out before these new rules come in, they dont quite realise how much sh*te they are in,

Not worried about Chelsea atall, ageing squad. New rules will F**k them over.

ManCity need to settle down, they can only pump money in for a little longer...

Arsenal and Spurs will get stronger without the need for huge spending.

And we will be on top of them all!   :D
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #10: Feb 20, 2011 01:10:44 pm
      Rafa at Chelsea is a very real possiblity. He has touted himself for work with that big interview with the BBC, stranger things have happend I tell you.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #11: Feb 20, 2011 01:24:26 pm
      Rafa at Chelsea is a very real possiblity. He has touted himself for work with that big interview with the BBC, stranger things have happend I tell you.
      I hope not, they can have Torres but not Rafa. Next they will want Kenny, never mind wanting our fans and our stadium. Ohh yeah, and im sure they wouldn't mind our history as well.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #12: Feb 20, 2011 01:40:12 pm
      And so will we is all that needs to be said. :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #13: Feb 20, 2011 02:01:00 pm
      Rafa at Chelsea.

There will be heart-attacks all over Fleet Street if Roman gave Rafa a job!!
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #14: Feb 20, 2011 02:11:49 pm
      If clubs haven't found a way to ignore fair play rules, only Arsenal can outspend us (except if Man U debt is cancelled during a sale, or if selling Torres shirts fix Chelsea chronic deficit). City can only if they sell one of their dozen of good rarely used players (or Tevez). Spurs can spend a little but not as much as 'pool without selling.

Also I think the problem was more Liverpool (bad morale, bad man manager, stressing ambiance with ownership change, bad tactic manager) than raw quality of opponents these last two seasons.

So I don't think top 4 will be any harder.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #15: Feb 20, 2011 02:21:27 pm
      Mancs - weaker. Rooney is going to F**k off somewhere in the summer I feel. Maybe Real Madrid. If they have a poor start to next season I can see more teams having a go at them and getting points.

Arsenal - stronger. They are the real threat next season if they keep their trio of Van Persie, Nasri and Fabregas. There squad is getting wiser and improving at a rapid rate. Think they can challenge for all the trophies next season.

Chelsea - weaker. Their old players have hardly any sell on value and unless Roman finds a way around the FFP rules they will only go downhill. Their most important player (Lampard) is starting to get old and pick up a few injuries, same with Drogba. Don't forget the Torres jinx too.

Man City - Not really sure. Think they will try to buy but again the FFP rules will F**k them over? Players like Silva and Balotelli seem homesick too but they have sell on value so they can easily be replaced.

Spurs - Same I'd say. Can't attract world class stars yet by their poor performance in the January window, however a decent run in the CL could improve things.

Us - much stronger. Having a proper summer with the owners, getting rid of the poor, older players and replacing them with younger more talented ones. Our new strike pair having had a few months should be ready to fire us up the table.

I'd disagree with people saying the top four are getting stronger. I think we can match them all next season.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #16: Feb 20, 2011 02:27:37 pm
      As long as we get the 4-5 decent players we need,F**k the rest of them.I dont give a fook who signs who, as long as we get what we need.P.s my old man is a city season ticket holder.He was told that Messi is on citys wish list and they will try everything in there power to get him.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #17: Feb 20, 2011 02:43:27 pm
      The only team which I can see being really strong next season is Arsenal. They've got tons of players reaching their peaks simultaneously. Nasri, Fabregas, van Persie along together with Song. Wilshere and Ramsey are rising and Szczęsny seems to solve their keeper problems. Even Sagna and Clichy are class.

I either think Man United will improve a little or not at all unless they spend alot.

Chelsea, going backwards. They have like 90% of their team either 30+ or approaching 30 and they don't really have a youth system like others. Unless they can sign 5 very good players around 20-23 for two windows or suddenly they have a first 11 from the youth team which is class, I don't see them being troublesome especially since Lampard and Drogba are getting old, Terry hasn't been the same and Cech hasn't been the same since his injury.

Don't really have to worry about Man City or Tottenham. Other than the fact of going for a huge bankroll, players are more likely to want to come to us than to go to them.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #18: Feb 20, 2011 02:48:40 pm
      Having a good squad is all well and good but that is only looking at a team on paper. You still have to actually play as a team on the pitch and get the results.

I think we will strengthen, in defence and wingers, mainly wingers and then we should have a good 11, as usual it's our squad that will let us down, but we will be better. Chelsea are ageing, United are United and Arsenal are finally showing the fruits of their labour. Spurs are impressing everyone but I wonder how long they can keep their key players and keep playing the way they are.

Honestly, I see next season's top 4 as Arsenal, United, City and us. In that order. And I think that would be good for us as it obviously shows improvement and would give us the extra money that would qualify in the fair play rules.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #19: Feb 20, 2011 02:55:30 pm
      No way would Rafa go and work with Abramovich but hey we said that about Torres.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #20: Feb 20, 2011 03:01:11 pm
      No way would Rafa go and work with Abramovich but hey we said that about Torres.

Rafa ACTUALLY did love the club though, that is obvious. Never a bad word has he said about the club.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #21: Feb 20, 2011 03:04:16 pm
      IMO Rafa would be happy to accept a job in any top 6 club but united.

He loves Liverpool but is also a professionnal manager wanting honours, and expressed his desire to stay in england.

He isn't going to wait 10 years unemployed, or take a smaller job if he can be given a team like Chelsea.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #22: Feb 20, 2011 03:12:21 pm
      Been reading on another forum that Rafa has been having a few meetings with Abramovitch

as for Rafa he has been to a few of thier games of late and has met the russian a few time in the last few weeks, his agent said they were friends but its the first I have ever heard of him being friends.

I don't think Dalglish will be happy just to make the top 4, he will want the title and I think we will at least challenge for it.

Chelsea will need to invest heavily in younger players if they are to continue to be in contention

I think this is the swan song of the mancs ..... I can see them doing a Busby and crashing down the league in spectacular style.

Arsenal and Spurs are happy enough with top 4 and playing CL can't see them throwing too much money in to improve their squads.

I think we may surprise everyone (apart from Kenny and me ) and win the league next season.

1  Liverpool
       2  Arsenal
       3  Spurs
       4 Chelsea
      15 Mancs

Damn forgot all about citeh :lmao: maybe they can finish 5th :)
      « Last Edit: Feb 20, 2011 03:18:56 pm by s@int »

Quick Reply