Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Nuri Sahin (Borussia Dortmund)

Read 10148 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Nuri Sahin (Borussia Dortmund)
      Reply #46: May 09, 2011 03:41:37 pm
      Nuri Sahin leaves Borussia Dortmund

http://www.schwatzgelb.de/2011_05_09_short-news_nuri-sahin-leaves-borussia-dortmund.html

After many days of speculations, rumors, fear and hope, Borussia Dortmund and its supporters today faced the bitter truth: Nuri Sahin leaves BVB at the end of this season and will go on to play for Real Madrid where he signs a contract until June 2017. It was made offical today at a press conference in Westfalenstadion. The transfer fee is said to be around ten million Euros, Nuri leaves for a fee which is set in his contract with Borussia. According to Ruhr Nachrichten, Sahin was fighting with his tears at the press conference. Borussia will see Sahin off before the match against Frankfurt on Saturday. Here is what Sahin and manager Michael Zorc said about the deal and the bitter decision which caused disappointment under many supporters of BVB:

Michael Zorc: We talked to Nuri several times to keep him in Dortmund on a long-time base. We did not succeed. All talks were made in a really good atmosphere. For Nuri, it was never about improving his contract with Borussia because a club outside of Germany is interested in signing him. Instead, it was about fulfilling a long-life dream. Without his exit clause, we probably would not have managed to extend his contract in 2009. Of course, we are disappointed, but everyone would start thinking when a club like Real Madrid is coming around. There is an exit clause in his contract which sets the transfer fee depending on if he is leaving inside or outsider Germany. Nuri is part of Borussia Dortmund since he is twelve years old and we will always be his football family, the door will always be open for him. He played a big part in our uprising and the winning of the championship. On Saturday, we want to see him off like he deservers it. Nuri will be hard to replace by another player, our style of play will change. The team will stay together. Only in this case, we could not do anything.

Nuri Sahin: Real Madrid is the biggest club of the world and I am proud to go this way. It is the biggest stage you can have as a footballer and the chance to my hoped for world career. That is the only reason why I am leaving Borussia. There were not many other clubs for which I would give away what I have here. The team is very close to my heart. It have been three big years with a team in which everyone was willing to give everything for his colleague and with a surrounding which maybe can not be repeated. I developed to a player who was the potential to make it at Real Madrid. I have signed a six-year contract there. It was a hard decision since I am Borusse, I love Dortmund and this club and I will always stay a Dortmunder. It made me proud to run into that stadium as a skipper. I want to thank everyone who accompanied me on my way. The hardest part for me was to explain the decision. I will miss Jürgen Klopp. Very much. The team, trainer and the persons in support are invited to the next Classico as well as Mr. Watzke and Mr. Rauball. It is not about the money. I would earn enough money if I stay fit anyway.

Absolute steal that for Madrid., took full advantage of his clause, something we should emulate.
      Bennett
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      • 'Once a red, always a red'. YNWA!
      Reply #47: May 09, 2011 06:35:13 pm
      I thought of that aswell. Alonso to Liverpool would soon sort that problem out ;)
      I was thinking the same thing about Alonso coming back to us, because of that Nuri Sahin signing that got confirmed today. I don't only think Alonso will be leaving in the summer, I also reckon Kaka will too, but it's obvious he will go back to AC Milan. If them two don't leave, I will be very surprised, because Kaka and Alonso are very talented footballers and I can't see them on the bench most of the time next season. 
      Pal318is
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #48: May 09, 2011 07:44:03 pm
      What a pile of crock...how do RM manage it?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #49: May 09, 2011 10:16:37 pm
      I guess it can be locked now.

Not many players actually get better or achieve greater things by moving to Madrid.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #50: May 09, 2011 10:50:19 pm
      Locked.

Quick Reply