Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Liverpool top Premier League in merchandising league

Read 17415 times
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Liverpool top Premier League in merchandising league
      Reply #69: Feb 23, 2011 10:06:16 pm
      And we didnt?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #70: Feb 23, 2011 10:12:52 pm
      They have been while we were aswel?

We have not been for quite a time now. They continued with theirs.
      • Started Topic

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #71: Feb 23, 2011 10:23:33 pm
      I couldnt give 2 shits about their boycott, and a pretty sh*t one at it. Somehow thinking that buying scarves of different colour with affect the glazers. If they want to prove the alliance, its a boycott not a F***ing wear some other teams party. Its called a boycott so the owners dont get a high an income as usual. Not a F***ing competition to look good in the cameras to show other people you dont like the owners. Anyways if you look at a good few of the lads that wear the green and gold scarves also have the latest shirts so its pointless really.

we're still a good bit ahead of them in the standings anyways, boycott for both team or no boycott. Why the F**k are you sticking up for them?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #72: Feb 23, 2011 10:26:52 pm
      I'm not stickin up for them. I'm just looking at it from an unbiased position.

And they have been ahead of us in merchandise for most years so obviously the boycoyt has affected them.

I hate when people get so angry on this when someone says something with a little truth in it that might not suit us.
      • Started Topic

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #73: Feb 23, 2011 10:46:47 pm
      Well like it's not that i'm getting angry at you personally, but saying that they would be ahead of us if they didn't have a boycott is bullshit. We had a pretty big one too that was well implemented.

You know as much as I do, if you look around anywhere in Ireland, there is plenty of both Liverpool and United fans. The difference is tho that United fans love talking the talk when they are winning, but you will always see Liverpool fans proudly wearing the top. Lately I am seeing an awful lot of the black rain jacket.

If you take out Asia and the UK, the majority of United's fanbase is gone. Liverpool is much more global than that and have many passionate fans from all corners of the global. The American market will only grow for us in terms of sales. The United boycott will continue and they don't like their owners so that can only affect the sales in America.

boycott or no boycott, Liverpool have more passionate fans that are proud to wear the shirt.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #74: Feb 23, 2011 10:55:01 pm
      To be fair, I would imagine the boycotts would really have been just a drop in the ocean for both teams finances. Ours I only read about through this forum, and we have a hell of a lot of fans not signed up to forums, and I doubt someone out in Asia or wherever gets media coverage of it.

Also, their campaign is sh*te, apparently the club shop has started to sell the green and gold scarves, so that's a massive kick in the bollocks to them!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #75: Feb 23, 2011 11:11:31 pm
      Ya you have to give it up to a couple of parties here, Firstly we are one of the biggest and we are the best fans of any sporting club in the world. Secondly we have an excellent marketing team, put the two together and it is quite impressive. JWH/FSG are marketing fiends, when they really turn up the marketing a notch I think we can grow exponentially year by year. As far as American sales, yeah I would assume they have nowhere else but to go up...hey though football will never be popular here as it is in the rest of the world, I see no reason at all why LFC could not pick up a million or two extra fans here from America.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #76: Feb 24, 2011 10:01:07 am
      I work in a big supermarket (no not the one trying to take over the world) about 80 miles from Anfield. It never ceases to amaze me the number of times when the scum are live on tv the number of customer we get walking round the store in their shirts. That's a fashion accessory not the choice of a real fan. That said I guarantee at 6 o'clock tonight there will be at least 4 Liverpool fans in the store. We will all be ********* working!!!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,245 posts | 8577 
      Reply #77: Feb 24, 2011 03:33:03 pm
      In fairness, United are boycotting buying merchandise which does affect their standing.

Not if you look around the stands.

Nice offical kit with green and gold scarves over.

Thick, F***ing gobshites that they are!
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #78: Feb 25, 2011 07:12:31 pm
      Carheex are you a WUM how in gods f**king name do you think Chelsea sell as much merchandise as us.

Ourselves and Utd are the biggest brands in the Premiership by a mile. Torres sold so many jerseys because he was playing with Liverpool, I'm willing to bet you he doesnt sell 25% of that at Chelsea and I also think Suarez and possibily Carroll if he gets the goals will out sell him.

I live in Ireland and for every 1 Chelsea jersey you see you see about 100 Liverpool ones.

This research took place as well during the dispute between the fans and the club owners which make it even more amazing.

Was in London myself recently, in Lilywhites the biggest sports store there, there is more Liverpool merchandise in there than Chelsea

What on earth are you talking about??

1) I don't "think" chelsea sell as much merchandise as us - I merely posted links to the facts regarding shirt sales
      2) What has your "exaggerated" LFC:Chelsea shirt ratio got to do with global merchandising??
      3) Only a tiny fraction of worldwide LFC fans knew anything about (and were part of) the "not a penny more" campaign, as you unwittingly acknowledged in your claim that you see 100 times more LFC shirts than chelsea (you shot yourself right in the foot with that one I think!)
      4) IF i was being particularly awkward, I'd argue that Lilywhites only have more LFC stock because they've sold out of Chelsea shirts!!

There is so much wrong with your poorly thought out post that I'm embarrassed for you. Good day to you.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #79: Feb 25, 2011 11:09:02 pm
      You are talking complete bollocks carheex and shows to me your not a Liverpool fan. Especially your last point are you sure your not a Chelsea fan. Waffle F***ing argument from you
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #80: Mar 03, 2011 08:54:22 am
      You are talking complete bollocks carheex and shows to me your not a Liverpool fan. Especially your last point are you sure your not a Chelsea fan. Waffle F***ing argument from you

I'm talking about published facts - what is there to argue about?? I notice how you resort back to the childish comments when you can't debate properly. How about addressing the points in my last post? Liverpool fans are "supposed" to be knowledgeable and reasonable so it's YOUR credentials as fan that is more in question, not mine.
      king-nando
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 148 posts |
      Reply #81: Mar 03, 2011 09:43:29 am
      in jjb yesterday all shirts are on offer at £25 with free printing except liverpool and celtic home shirts which are £40 plus however much printing is if you fancy a name and number. this shows how many shirts we sell that they're not willing to discount it when every other premier league teams shirt has been 
      LFCexiled
      Reply #82: Mar 03, 2011 09:43:43 am
      Of course they do! The "Torres" shirt was the worlds biggest selling football shirt last year, and so whilst they generate the money from him this year we'll slip right back. Unless of course there's a sudden rise in demand for Poulsen shirts....

The only reason for that is the size of our fan base, he won't sell as many shirts to chavs for that exact reason.

Liverpool fans WE are "supposed" to be knowledgeable and reasonable so it's YOUR credentials as fan that is more in question, not mine.

:dunce2: :romanjury:
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #83: Mar 03, 2011 10:59:26 am
      The only reason for that is the size of our fan base, he won't sell as many shirts to chavs for that exact reason.

:dunce2: :romanjury:

I'll try again as some people are just too thick to understand:

All I have said is that chelsea sell as many shirts as we do - and I have proved this citing several internet resources (yet people still argue and come to the bizarre conclusion that I'm not an LFC fan!?)
      A huge amount of our shirt sales was because of Torres, so we can't count on his sales anymore, obviously, leaving us with just Gerrard in the top 10
      Chelsea now have Torres - whilst they "may" not have a fanbase as big as ours they will still sell a hell of a lot of his shirt and he'll easily be in the top 10
      Last year, in the top 10 players' shirts sold, we had Torres (1st) and Gerrard (2nd)
      Chelsea has Lampard (6th) and Drogba (7th)
      This year they will have Lampard, Drogba and last years biggest seller, Torres
      We will have Gerrard

So whilst we've been selling about the same quantities as Chelsea, only a fool wouldn't expect them to over take us.

I despair sometimes at the lack of logical reasoning and basic intelligence on show in this forum. Oh well, not my problem.
       Continuing to aggravate other posters.  Others have also been warned.
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2011 11:05:07 am by carheex »
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #84: Mar 03, 2011 11:12:20 am

I hate when people get so angry on this when someone says something with a little truth in it that might not suit us.

Get used to it. You get accused of not being a fan if you dare speak some truth which people don't want to hear - I kid you not.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #85: Mar 03, 2011 11:13:48 am

Stopped reading right there. How you expect to be treated reasonably with comments like that is beyond. I also have absolutely no idea why you fail to see that the label WUM is so fitting to you.

I get the feeling that your missus bullies the sh*te out of you and you feel the need to take it out on everybody in here, your prerogative but as regards myself I'll leave you to play. I find you neither a pleasant or decent person and if I found you even slightly entertaining I'd put up with your sh*te but I don't. Basically you're an argumentative tw*t/WUM.

To quote your 'own pleasant' comment from before. "Good day to you".
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #86: Mar 03, 2011 11:55:29 am

All I have said is that chelsea sell as many shirts as we do - and I have proved this citing several internet resources (yet people still argue and come to the bizarre conclusion that I'm not an LFC fan!?)
      A huge amount of our shirt sales was because of Torres, so we can't count on his sales anymore, obviously, leaving us with just Gerrard in the top 10
      Chelsea now have Torres - whilst they "may" not have a fanbase as big as ours they will still sell a hell of a lot of his shirt and he'll easily be in the top 10
      Last year, in the top 10 players' shirts sold, we had Torres (1st) and Gerrard (2nd)
      Chelsea has Lampard (6th) and Drogba (7th)
      This year they will have Lampard, Drogba and last years biggest seller, Torres
      We will have Gerrard

So whilst we've been selling about the same quantities as Chelsea, only a fool wouldn't expect them to over take us.

I despair sometimes at the lack of logical reasoning and basic intelligence on show in this forum. Oh well, not my problem.

For what it's worth. Half of this season Torres was a Liverpool player so this might skew the reading somewhat.
      Really we'll have to view the effect at the end of next season. At that point we'll have Carroll, Suarez and whoever our marquee signing/s is/are to help us compete.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #87: Mar 03, 2011 12:09:10 pm
      They missed Everton of the list tut tut.It proves all we need now is a bigger capacity stadium.The squad will be strengthend come next season and with a bigger gate receipt all looks good for the future.UTd have massive debt ,declining retail sales and an Corpse for a manager.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #88: Mar 03, 2011 01:33:34 pm
      we're a global brand with millions and millions of followers. some good work from mr ayre tbh with the sponsorship deals too.

some investment in the squad and a bigger stadium...we have a bright future ladies and gents :)
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #89: Mar 03, 2011 01:43:16 pm
      To be fair all that you have 'quoted' is three sites referencing one source. The figures in that source are somewhat vague to be honest. A discrepancy of 200,000 ('Between 700,000 and 900,000 per year') means that we could, in fact, have out-sold Chelsea by up to 1 million shirts in that time - remembering, of course, that the site you 'quote' says we out-sell them.

If you follow the ('full story') link on one of your 'quoted' sites http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2010/08/31/revealed-the-worlds-best-selling-club-football-shirts-310802/ it brings one to this page: http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2010/08/31/exclusive-manchester-united-lead-global-shirt-sales-list-liverpool-chase-as-england%E2%80%99s-second-best-310805/

It reads:
      Manchester United and Liverpool sell more official replica football shirts, for Nike and Adidas respectively, than any other teams in the English Premier League, and both are at or close to the top of the global merchandise sales tables according to multi-year research by a leading German consultancy, released to sportingintelligence for publication for the first time today.

So we have, in fact, been selling more (according to the site you quote, that is) than Chelsea. We do not know exactly how much because (if you follow the links) the Company responsible charge 4,900 euros for the full 'research' document. As you can see from this:

European Football Merchandising report 2010
      investigation:
      Merchandising officials from 182 top flight clubs provided insight and over 10,000 fans in Europe’s
      leading football leagues were interviewed in a representative study in summer 2010.
      content:
      Report in English as a PdF document or bound printed version (approx. 75 pages).
      price:
      EUR 4,900 plus vat; available mid-February 2011

http://www.pr-marketing.org/download/Football_Merchandising_Report_2010_Flyer.pdf

So whilst it's obvious that we've been out-selling Chelsea, it's equally obvious that only a fool would expect them to over take us.

Oh dear, another who thinks he's better than us. Maybe you'd be better off over in the est1892 forums carheex. ....no wait, you're banned from there for being a WUM, aren't you?.  >:D

You probably aren't aware that the quote you have chose to "prove me wrong" is from sporting intelligence - the same site i referenced!  If I'm one of these "WUMs", what are you?!

Regarding another of your points, I agree that the figures aren't particularly precise and that we "could" be outselling Chelsea (not that I give a sh*t) but then again the lack of accuracy could equally prove that they are outselling us. Who knows.

As for est1892 - not banned, just wanted to move onto something new. In fact I was logged in there yesterday for a look around for something on the technology forum. Anyway, if you can't reply/debate without the childish name calling don't bother at all - save it for the playground as I'm not interested.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #90: Mar 03, 2011 02:07:28 pm
      This might interest some people:

http://soccerlens.com/shirts/chelsea-torres-shirt-sales-blow-liverpool-out-of-the-water/8095/#ixzz1FXsJUQkr]Fernando Torres was brought to Chelsea in order to win titles and be glorified and all. But the first thing Torres did after the transfer was to make his previous owners feel even worse about the sale – not deliberately though.

Torres’ Chelsea shirts are selling like anything as compared to Andy Carroll’s Liverpool shirts. According to the initial figures from The Mirror:

Chelsea’s record £50million signing Fernando Torres is already king of the shirt sales – outselling his Liverpool replacement Andy Carroll by 250 jerseys to one.

Demand for Chelsea’s new Torres home shirts are currently 40% higher than when he arrived at Anfield three years ago, according to suppliers.

Shirt sales for the Kop’s other new striker, Luis Suarez, are 380% more popular than Carroll replicas, but are still trailing behind Chelsea’s Spanish signing by 30 to one.

Of course, Chelsea will be sharing the profit for Torres himself and paying his wages but it seems like if he stays at Chelsea just one more season, Chelsea will probably make the 50 million back without winning anything. Here’s how:

In the last three years, ‘Torres 9′ has been the top selling shirt even above ‘Ronaldo 7′ in 2008/09. Remember, Torres scored fewer goals and won nothing. Now, Torres’ shirt sales are 40% up compared to his first season.

As of April 2010, Cristiano Ronaldo’s shirts had created an income of about £100 million in part by selling 1.2 million ‘Ronaldo 9′ shirts in Madrid alone.

It has to be noted that Liverpool and Chelsea both wear adidas and both sell similar quantity of shirts every year. Both are some way off the best selling club football shirt.

So, Liverpool, good luck with Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll.

Read more: [url]http://soccerlens.com/shirts/chelsea-torres-shirt-sales-blow-liverpool-out-of-the-water/8095/#ixzz1FXsJUQkr
      [/url]

Again, before the childish name calling begins it wasn't me that wrote the article, I'm simply strengthening my argument within this thread
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,245 posts | 8577 
      Reply #91: Mar 03, 2011 02:18:31 pm
      Or not!!

Quick Reply