Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The relationship/potential relationship advice thread

Read 99801 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: The relationship/potential relationship advice thread
      Reply #92: Mar 22, 2011 09:54:41 am
      After 9 years together, a kid, a mortgage (in my name) 3 fish, a dog, 3 rabbits and a cat me and my ex have now called it a day.

When the spark goes, you know, and staying together for the sake of 'commitments' just isnt how we should live.

So i'm back on the single train.  Dont know how i feel about that one tbh.  When i had my last first date Men In Black II was in the cimena!

It's like I've just looked into the future. Although the mortgage is in her name. Can't say that's much good to you, but I know what you mean about the spark going and staying together for the kid's sake. There are times I doubt myself. Maybe it's because I didn't want to be like my dad, but they say you should never judge someone until you walk a mile in their shoes.

Hope you can move on and get some kind of amicable relationship with the mother of your child.

Best of luck
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #93: Mar 22, 2011 10:27:02 am
      It's like I've just looked into the future. Although the mortgage is in her name. Can't say that's much good to you, but I know what you mean about the spark going and staying together for the kid's sake. There are times I doubt myself. Maybe it's because I didn't want to be like my dad, but they say you should never judge someone until you walk a mile in their shoes.

Hope you can move on and get some kind of amicable relationship with the mother of your child.

Best of luck

Yeah cheers mate, believe me we did try.  Trips abroad etc etc, my parents divorced and it was, and still is, pretty harsh for them.  Me and Kaz arent like that, we're best friends as it is anyway.  I just didnt want the part time parent thing....

Its all amicable though, she's staying in the house and paying me rent.  I've found a place right next to Warrington Central train station which is ideal for work.

Tell you what though dude, IF you are having trouble try your best to see if it can be fixed.  Not at all saying it will crop up in your relationship but if the decision is made by either of you just out of frustration, and then regretted.  Sometimes there is no going back.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #94: Apr 03, 2011 10:50:00 pm
      For those of you who followed my hopeless attempts of pulling Donna over the last few months, I have something of an update.
      One TINY detail I may have neglected to mention is that she's actually bi. I've know that from the start anyway.
      Seems I've lost out to another girl. I could see it coming and I've pretty much accepted Donna as a mate now. Kind of glad it's not another lad actually. If that was the case then maybe I'd be looking at him and wondering what he's got that I haven't. With a girl that's pretty obvious! ;D
      Donna has spent pretty much all weekend with me (we'd planned this for a couple of months) and these recent developments didn't stop us having a brilliant time which included watching pole dancers. She was as excited as me  :D
      Still get that slight knot in my stomach when she's about but I'll get over it.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #95: Apr 03, 2011 11:02:22 pm
      For those of you who followed my hopeless attempts of pulling Donna over the last few months, I have something of an update.
      One TINY detail I may have neglected to mention is that she's actually bi. I've know that from the start anyway.
      Seems I've lost out to another girl. I could see it coming and I've pretty much accepted Donna as a mate now. Kind of glad it's not another lad actually. If that was the case then maybe I'd be looking at him and wondering what he's got that I haven't. With a girl that's pretty obvious! ;D
      Donna has spent pretty much all weekend with me (we'd planned this for a couple of months) and these recent developments didn't stop us having a brilliant time which included watching pole dancers. She was as excited as me  :D
      Still get that slight knot in my stomach when she's about but I'll get over it.

How's things with the other girl though Rep?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #96: Apr 03, 2011 11:21:50 pm
      Which one? :p

Sarah. Yeah it's all good, she's still planning to come down towards the end of the month. She texts me now and then and has said she'd like us to go to Alton Towers at some point (not far from my house) so I'm pretty sure she's still interested. With Sarah it's more logistics, as cold as that may sound. She has two kids which isn't a problem in itself but she lives in Leicester as well which is a good hour away.

Also been talking to a girl from Warrington named Tina that I met at my mate's unit when I was fixing the brakes on my car. To put it simply, it's on a plate! This one has a 2 yr old kid but she also has a fella who's nearing the end of a 2 and a half year stretch at her majesty's pleasure!!! I do pick 'em.

Think Sarah's the best bet. Be interesting to see how we hit it off when stone-cold sober.
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #97: Apr 03, 2011 11:30:13 pm
      Sorry it didn't work out with Donna, but at least you've found a bit of certainty as per where you stand. Better than wondering and worrying and getting all worked up.

Onward and upward, my friend.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #98: Apr 03, 2011 11:30:18 pm
      Rep, you're on fire dude ;D
      Nice to hear that things are, well, ok ;)
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #99: Apr 03, 2011 11:34:04 pm
      Sorry to hear things didn't work out with Donna, but at least you know where you stand and can move on. It seems like you are well prepared to move on from her and see what you have with the other women.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #100: Apr 03, 2011 11:40:59 pm
      Yeah thanks all, I think I'll always wonder what could have been if she'd seen things a different way but as you've rightly said, at least there's some sort of closure on that front.
      The other bonus is that she got drunk and showed me pictures of her girlfriend's breasts  :D
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #101: Apr 03, 2011 11:47:12 pm
      Her girlfriend bi too? I can see a threesome on the horizon. :f_whistle:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #102: Apr 03, 2011 11:56:03 pm
      Obviously that had crossed my mind but I don't want to just move on to the next fantasy and tie myself in knots over that one, ;D. I THINK she's lesbian, not 100% sure though.
      All 3 of us are going to an all day music festival in a couple of weeks and stopping in a hotel (me and Donna... her missus lives in that area anyway). Being gracious in defeat, I even got her missus a ticket to the aftershow party. I'll get them both pissed then find out  8) :P
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #103: Apr 03, 2011 11:56:45 pm
      Post pics.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #104: Apr 03, 2011 11:58:40 pm
      Good luck with that Rep! :P

Anyone here ever had a threesome? ;D
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #105: Apr 04, 2011 12:00:49 am
      Yes. You.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #106: Apr 04, 2011 12:01:22 am
      Pics or it never happened. ;) I lost my favourite nympho to the fairer sex. I don't know why but it doesn't feel as bad. Might be that she showed me naked pictures of her with the other one during our on off period. Good times
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #107: Apr 04, 2011 12:04:29 am
      No, I haven't Gow, though I've had a simlarish experience to it once.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #108: Apr 04, 2011 12:04:50 am
      Good luck with that Rep! :P

Yes me. I wasn't always this f***in useless!  :D
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #109: Apr 04, 2011 12:08:16 am
      Could've fooled me. :f_tongueincheek:

Nice one though. ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #110: Apr 04, 2011 12:09:19 am

Yeah...twice  >:D

Rep, I have to say I was almost laughing and crying at the same time.....you enjoy yourself hun  8)
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #111: Apr 04, 2011 12:10:25 am
      Oh, naughty Cas! ;)
      Not even surprised there.. ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP