Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Who is the most successful club ever ? -Survey

Read 2927 times
      Cuttsy888
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 295 posts |
      Who is the most successful club ever ? -Survey
      Mar 01, 2011 04:31:06 am
      Hey Guys

For my final school project I have to research something that interests me. I have chosen to do my project on " Who is the most successful club in English Football History".

And my question is " Liverpool are said to be the most successful football club in English Football History. Is this statement true and what is success to a club."

I was just wondering if you could spare me a minute or to, to complete this small survey, this would help my study's alot.

Just follow the link

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YPRFV9Q

Cheers all , lots of love YNWA
      « Last Edit: Mar 17, 2011 01:58:34 am by Cuttsy888 »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Who is the most successful club ever ? -Survey
      Reply #1: Mar 01, 2011 08:31:11 am
      Survey
      1. Which club do you support?  - Liverpool

2. In your opinion who is the most successful club in English Football history (not including number of trophy’s won)? - Liverpool

3. In your opinion who is the most successful English club since 2000? - Liverpool

4. What do you believe success is to a club? - Progression and stability which in turn generates trophies and titles

5. Can success be measured? - Yes, by the progression the club makes from one season to the next and in the eyes of LFC the profits it makes from tournament qualifications and TV appearances.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2: Mar 01, 2011 07:21:00 pm
      1. Which club do you support?  - Liverpool

2. In your opinion who is the most successful club in English Football history (not including number of trophy’s won)? - Liverpool

3. In your opinion who is the most successful English club since 2000? - Arsenal

4. What do you believe success is to a club? - Challenging for and winning trophies, as well as financial stability without sacrificing current and long term footballing status.

5. Can success be measured? - It depends on your definition of success. Financially, success can be quantified. On the pitch, success is relative. For a bigger club like Liverpool, success is based on Champions League qualification and challenging for trophies. For a relegation fighter like Wolves or West Brom, success is based on staying in the Premier League year in and year out.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #3: Mar 01, 2011 07:27:59 pm
      Survey
      1. Which club do you support? Liverpool

2. In your opinion who is the most successful club in English Football history (not including number of trophy’s won)? Liverpool

3. In your opinion who is the most successful English club since 2000? Manchester United

4. What do you believe success is to a club? Winning trophies. That's what it is for Liverpool, and I don't care about other teams so that's my answer.

5. Can success be measured? Yes, a short time to view a club's trophy cabinet is all it takes.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #4: Mar 01, 2011 07:34:13 pm
      3. In your opinion who is the most successful English club since 2000? - Liverpool

That is the biased thing I've read on this forum, outrageously biased.

1. Which club do you support? - Liverpool

3. In your opinion who is the most successful English club since 2000? - Hate to say it but Manchester United

4. What do you believe success is to a club? - Long term financial plan and are able to win and compete for trophies.

5. Can success be measured? - Yes by the amount of trophies you win and the financial stability of the club.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #5: Mar 01, 2011 08:07:00 pm

2. In your opinion who is the most successful club in English Football history (not including number of trophy’s won)? Liverpool

3. In your opinion who is the most successful English club since 2000? Man U.

4. What do you believe success is to a club? Stability. Continued level of success and winning.  Increased totals of revenue from sponsors and ticket sales.

5. Can success be measured? Yes. Measured by the number of titles, trophys and place in league. Now it can also be measured through media and TV contracts, sponsorships and advertising scales and revenue.  In todays game sponsorship deals, revenue and advertising is just as important as winning. It is a symbiotic relationship. If a team wins, they get more money from revenue streams which in turn is used to sign big name players and increase the winning. You will know that any team with the top sponsorships deal is a team that is progressively better than the others by the fact that advertisers will pay more for those rights.
      Neitsab
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 333 posts |
      Reply #6: Mar 01, 2011 08:46:52 pm
      1. Which club do you support?
      Olympique Lyonnais

2. In your opinion who is the most successful club in English Football history (not including number of trophy’s won)?
      Liverpool FC

3. In your opinion who is the most successful English club since 2000?
      Manchester United. (PLEASE DON'T BAN ME)

4. What do you believe success is to a club?
      Success is victories, trophies.

5. Can success be measured ?
      Of course. By the number of trophies first. But it's not the only thing who allow measure success. There's also the popularity of the club. The vision that people in general have of the club, no matter if they support it or not.
      Measuring success is also see the differents politics of the club. About the youth for example, or on a financial plan. Financial stability is one of the keys of success.

thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #7: Mar 01, 2011 08:57:09 pm
      Survey

3. In your opinion who is the most successful English club since 2000? Manchester United

4. What do you believe success is to a club? Trophies, financial stabilty.

5. Can success be measured? Yes, by the amount of trophies a team wins, simple.
      Cuttsy888
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 295 posts |
      Reply #8: Mar 03, 2011 02:07:05 am
      cheers guys keep it coming
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #9: Mar 03, 2011 02:43:57 am
      Survey

3. In your opinion who is the most successful English club since 2000? Manchester United, as much as it pains me to say

4. What do you believe success is to a club? Trophies and performances first, then being able to be run as a viable business

5. Can success be measured? Yes. Trophies over time, as well as it's standing amongst fans. Liverpool may not be at its best right now, but it still has such respect from many fans worldwide that it continues to be a successful team in the merchandise market. That was born from its historic success, and thus can be measured as being a highly successful club in both performance and marketing.

Good luck with the assignment mate :)
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #10: Mar 03, 2011 05:12:18 am
      Liverpool FC
      2. In your opinion who is the most successful club in English Football history (not including number of trophy’s won)?
      Liverpool FC
      Arsenal
      Completely dependent on the club, for a club like Man U/Chel/Ars/Liverpool it is trophies, but to a club like Fulham success is constant improvement in the team and pushing further up the table each year. Reason I chose Arsenal though is because they are financially sound, have a new stadium, and until the last couple years were very successful and had the most successful year in the history of the premier league with the Invincibles season.
      5. Can success be measured?
      Yes, but depends on the club because each club has a different measuring stick.
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #11: Mar 03, 2011 04:31:52 pm
      1. Which club do you support?Liverpool

2. In your opinion who is the most successful club in English Football history (not including number of trophy’s won)?Liverpool

3. In your opinion who is the most successful English club since 2000?Man U

4. What do you believe success is to a club?Trophies,qualifying for cl

5. Can success be measured?Yes,by trophies,records,etc
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #12: Mar 03, 2011 04:44:41 pm
      Survey
      1. Which club do you support? Liverpool FC

Tottenham - the reason being, cup finals, progression on and off the pitch, and a first ever champions league campaign
      4. What do you believe success is to a club? Trophies, the be all and end all

yes - revenue - trophies won - sell out crowds.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #13: Mar 03, 2011 05:54:12 pm

Liverpool

Liverpool

Amount of trophies a club has won

Yes by crowd attendance and money income
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #14: Mar 03, 2011 06:35:38 pm

Liverpool

Liverpool

Manchester United

Achieving long term financial stability off the pitch, whilst maintaining success on the field with regards to trophies.

Yes. Simply on the number of trophies a team wins over a long period of time.
      Cuttsy888
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 295 posts |
      Reply #15: Mar 07, 2011 11:35:30 pm
      keep it coming guys
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #16: Mar 08, 2011 10:16:40 am
      1. Liverpool

2. Liverpool

3. Scum

4. Trophies

5. Yes
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #17: Mar 08, 2011 10:48:10 am
      In answer to the thread title I'd have to say the Marri Park over 65's ladies lawn bowls club.
      Cuttsy888
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 295 posts |
      Reply #18: Mar 17, 2011 02:03:40 am
      Hey Guys
      ive made the survey online now

Cheers
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #19: Mar 17, 2011 03:31:07 am

Tottenham - the reason being, cup finals, progression on and off the pitch, and a first ever champions league campaign
      4. What do you believe success is to a club? Trophies, the be all and end all

Irony.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #20: Mar 17, 2011 03:36:39 am

4. What do you believe success is to a club? Subjective, success will be to reach targets on and off the field set out by the board. Be it to stay in the division, or win the division, increase revenue through merchandise and ticket sales etc...

5. Can success be measured? Yes, by looking at the outcome of a season when comparing it to the seasons objectives.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #21: Mar 21, 2011 12:21:58 am
      Survey

4. What do you believe success is to a club? Winning trophies, financial security.

5. Can success be measured? In terms of trophies and profit each year yes.
      Cuttsy888
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 295 posts |
      Reply #22: Mar 22, 2011 04:29:39 am
      Hey Guys

For my final school project I have to research something that interests me. I have chosen to do my project on " Who is the most successful club in English Football History".

And my question is " Liverpool are said to be the most successful football club in English Football History. Is this statement true and what is success to a club."

I was just wondering if you could spare me a minute or to, to complete this small survey, this would help my study's alot.

Just follow the link

Cheers all , lots of love YNWA

Quick Reply