Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Diego (Wolfsburg)

Read 26268 times
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Diego (Wolfsburg)
      Reply #92: Jun 24, 2011 05:59:37 pm
      Good shout there offering Poulsen as a makeweight. Would be a massive gamble given his personality tho. Could Kenny tame him?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #93: Jun 24, 2011 06:00:58 pm

26th Jan 2011: ''Wolfsburg move for Jovanovic''

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/wolfsburg-move-for-jovanovic

27th Jan 2011: ''Jovanovic rejects Wolfsburg''

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/jovanovic-rejects-wolfsburg

This could be an interesting scenario ...
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #94: Jun 24, 2011 06:34:21 pm
      Would upset the harmony we have in place sulking like a baby if he dose not play or gets subbed,F**k it to much of a gamble,the again our And and Kyrio,could scare the sh*t out of him and take him down a notch.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #95: Jun 24, 2011 08:27:47 pm
      We have too many centre mids, wingers take priority now
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #96: Jun 24, 2011 08:42:58 pm
      We have too many centre mids, wingers take priority now

Well, Diego is certainly not a central midfielder ... More of an attacking midfielder, really ... Admittedly, he is at his best when playing behind the strikers, but he is also very dangerous when attacking from the wide positions ... Also, his set-pieces are awesome, so Carroll would benefit hugely from his presence on our team ...
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #97: Jun 24, 2011 08:44:32 pm
      Aren't set pieces the reason we look like signing Adam
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #98: Jun 24, 2011 08:45:39 pm
      Aren't set pieces the reason we look like signing Adam

Well, if that is the case, Diego's set-pieces are hugely superior to Adam's ...
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #99: Jun 24, 2011 08:53:40 pm
      This would be a no brainier if he wasn't a head case, but...he is.  hell, he wouldn't be available if he wasn't.  I love the talent, but I'm not sure its worth the risk.

I would be both excited and terrified if he signed with LFC.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #100: Jun 24, 2011 09:17:42 pm
      I'd take the talent. I don't care if he's an ass of the pitch, he can go some sort of counselling to address that. What we need is creativity and vision and this guy offer loads not to mention technical ability. Sign him up!
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #101: Jun 24, 2011 10:01:27 pm
      For the right price I'd take the risk. He can be a little genius and every team needs that unpredictable midfielder and he doesn't even know what he's going to do next.

Love the part ex of Jova and Poulsen, be worth it just to get rid of them!

Wonder if Magath likes Joe Cole ....
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #102: Jun 24, 2011 10:40:32 pm
      For the right price I'd take the risk. He can be a little genius and every team needs that unpredictable midfielder and he doesn't even know what he's going to do next.

Love the part ex of Jova and Poulsen, be worth it just to get rid of them!

Wonder if Magath likes Joe Cole ....

" unpredictable midfielder and he doesn't even know what he's going to do next." bit of luis in that!!! I know i miss that :(

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #103: Jun 24, 2011 10:46:30 pm
      I'm not a fan - had a mate in Germany for bit. Raved abut this guy, then ended up hating his moods and selfishness
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #104: Jun 25, 2011 01:19:35 am

Diego could head home
      Wolfsburg set to part with Brazilian midfielder

Last Updated: June 24, 2011 10:31pm

Wolfsburg midfielder Diego is set to move on this summer and admits he could return to his native Brazil.

The Bundesliga outfit announced on Friday that the Samba star has been placed on the transfer list just a year after returning to the club from Juventus.

Wolfsburg boss Felix Magath admits relations between player and club have been damaged beyond repair and believes the best option is for both to head their separate ways.

Diego's decision to storm out of the team hotel on the final day of last season after being named on the bench for a fixture against Hoffenheim proved to be the final straw.

Magath spoke to the player in the wake of that incident, but admits: ""After this conversation it was clear that further co-operation would be difficult and that it is better to separate."

Speculation has suggested that Diego may decide to head home, and the 26-year-old has revealed that he already has offers on the table.

"Perhaps next week there will be news. Botafogo, no doubt, have shown interest, but there is no agreement yet," he told Globoesporte.

"Going back to Brazil, you get closer to the national squad. All that will be taken into consideration."

On his impending exit from Wolfsburg, Diego added: "I will continue training separately, here, at Wolfsburg, until I reach an agreement with a club.

"I cannot mention any names of clubs now, after all there are two parties involved. We will see what is best for both. I have my contract and also a professional project. My salary gives me some safety."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7004122,00.html
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #105: Jun 25, 2011 01:30:32 am
      " unpredictable midfielder and he doesn't even know what he's going to do next." bit of luis in that!!! I know i miss that :(

It's only been a few weeks, I'll see ya on the beach on Thursday!! :D

I agree tho, someone with that unpredictability, unfortuantely that would be his biggest downfall too, unpreditability as to whether he could be arsed to turn up for games.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #106: Jun 26, 2011 09:00:49 am
      I'm not that worried about his personality, mainly because we have got some firey characters already in Stevie Andy & Luis. The challenge would be to direct his aggression into a winning mentality and i'm sure that Kenny could do that
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #107: Jun 26, 2011 12:39:58 pm
      Please don't take Diego a tank is better than him !!
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #108: Jun 27, 2011 12:36:05 pm
      Diego has spoken to talksport confirming he is on his way to England, but did not name a club. Make of that what you will.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #109: Jun 27, 2011 12:39:37 pm
      Hope it's not Arsenal he'd be the perfect replacement for Cesc. We could really do with this guy and Aquilani challenging for games. I won't be too optimistic but I hope it's us.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #110: Jun 27, 2011 01:31:29 pm
      Liverpool target Diego: 'I want to play in the Premier League'

By Alex Varney
      Monday, June 27

Wolfsburg playmaker Diego has revealed he is in talks over a ‘dream’ move to the Premier League.

The 26-year-old is one of Liverpool's top summer targets and, while he stopped short of confirming the Reds were in for him, the Brazilian admitted he is closing in on a switch to England.

Diego, who has been told he can leave Wolfsburg after falling out with coach Felix Magath, has also been linked with Tottenham and Arsenal in recent weeks.

"I think Felix Magath and myself share very different ideas from each other," he said. "Of course I respect him because he is the boss but it has been difficult for us to work together. We have sat down and talked and we both think it’s best if I move on.

"I prefer not to mention the names of clubs out of respect for the managers and the owners but it’s true that there is contact with some clubs in England. Of course I will give these offers special attention because it’s my dream to play in the Premier League. I hope they can find a solution.

"At this moment England is where I want to play. We are just starting to have conversations with clubs so it’s too early to say where I will be going, but it would be perfect if in the future I can play in the Premier League."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/8615/2/liverpool-target-diego-I-want-play-premier-league

Diego: It’s my dream to play in the Premier League

By Tim Sturtridge & Alejandro Pérez
      Monday, 27 June 2011

After a troubled campaign with Bundesliga outfit Wolfsburg, two-time Copa América winning midfielder Diego is plotting a route to England. The Brazilian caught up with The South American Football Show in association with The Independent.

Things seem to have turned sour for you at Wolfsburg, what can you tell us about the situation Diego?

''Last season was very difficult for us even if it ended well as we managed to avoid relegation. I hope that things get better for the team next season even if I don’t stay because I like Wolfsburg as a club. However, now I think it’s best if the club and myself go in different directions. I hope the move can work out well for everyone.''

Whilst speaking to Bayern Munich’s new acquisition Rafinha he told us that he found life impossible under manager Felix Magath whilst playing for him at Schalke 04. How is your relationship with Magath?

''I think Felix Magath and myself share very different ideas from each other. Of course I respect him because he is the boss but it has been difficult for us to work together. We have sat down and talked and we both think it’s best if I move on.''

It seems Liverpool’s director of football Damien Comolli is a big fan of yours. Has there been any contact between Liverpool, Wolfsburg and yourself?

''I prefer not to mention the names of clubs out of respect for the managers and the owners but it’s true that there is contact with some clubs in England. Of course I will give these offers special attention because it’s my dream to play in the Premier League.''

So despite interest in you from clubs all over Europe and back home in Brazil you would say England is your preferred destination?

''At this moment England is where I want to play. We are just starting to have conversations with clubs so it’s too early to say where I will be going, but it would be perfect if I can play in the Premier League.''

You’re still only 26-years-old Diego but already over £50 million pounds has been spent on transfer fees to sign you. What kind of offer do you think Wolfsburg will accept to let you go?

''I have no idea in this moment of the exact fee but I think because Wolfsburg and myself both want the same solution it will not be so difficult. When everybody wants the same outcome it makes things easier but I have not been told a number yet.''

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/diego-itrsquos-my-dream-to-play-in-the-premier-league-2303411.html
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2011 02:15:12 pm by Macedonian_Red »
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #111: Jun 27, 2011 04:55:01 pm
      Rather him than Adam! He's better in every way!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #112: Jun 27, 2011 07:03:00 pm
      Rather him than Adam! He's better in every way!

Except temperament.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #113: Jun 27, 2011 09:13:26 pm
      Would disrupt the atmosphere in the dressing room by the sound of it, i'd pass
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #114: Jun 28, 2011 03:36:02 pm

Brazil international talks up 'dream' move to Liverpool

Published 14:28 28/06/11

Wantaway Wolfsburg midfielder Diego has targeted a "dream" move to England and claims he is in talks with several Premier League clubs.

The 26-year-old Brazil international has been told he can leave his club who are keen to move him on after he fell out with management following a number of disciplinary issues.

He is thought to be keen on a switch to Liverpool but is staying tight-lipped on which clubs are chasing his signature.

He said: “I prefer not to mention the names of clubs out of respect for the managers and the owners, but it’s true that there is contact with some clubs in England.

“Of course I will give these offers special attention because it’s my dream to play in the Premier League. At this moment, England is where I want to play.

“We are just starting to have conversations with clubs so it’s too early to say where I will be going, but it would be perfect if I can play in the Premier League.

“I have no idea in this moment of the exact fee, but I think because Wolfsburg and myself both want the same solution it will not be so difficult.

“When everybody wants the same outcome it makes things easier but I have not been told a number yet.

“I think it’s best if the club and myself go in different directions. I hope the move can work out well for everyone.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Brazil-international-Diego-talks-up-dream-move-to-Liverpool-article753595.html

Kenny keen on Diego?

Wolfsburg midfielder Diego says a move to England is his "dream" - and Anfield could be the destination.

Speaking to the South American Football Show, the 26-year-old is reported to have said: "I think it’s best if the club and myself go in different directions. I hope the move can work out well for everyone.

"I prefer not to mention the names of clubs out of respect for the managers and the owners but it’s true that there is contact with some clubs in England," he added.

"Of course I will give these offers special attention because it’s my dream to play in the Premier League. At this moment England is where I want to play."

Damien Comolli and the Anfield hierarchy are thought to have been monitoring his situation for a while.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/06/28/liverpool-fc-rumour-mill-reds-in-for-wayne-bridge-diego-and-ezequiel-lavezzi-100252-28956411/#ixzz1QaWM0nQ1
      « Last Edit: Jun 28, 2011 05:18:15 pm by Macedonian_Red »

Quick Reply