Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Diego (Wolfsburg)

Read 26267 times
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Re: Diego (Wolfsburg)
      Reply #115: Jun 28, 2011 05:49:50 pm
      Aren't set pieces the reason we look like signing Adam

Imagine a starting eleven who are all very good a set pieces, picture this free kick just outside the box, all eleven ( yes goalie included ) set up behind the ball. First one runs step over, second same, then third..... Basically you don't know who would hit it.

I am a tactical genius or just overly dosed up on night nurse.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #116: Jun 28, 2011 06:22:19 pm
      Imagine a starting eleven who are all very good a set pieces, picture this free kick just outside the box, all eleven ( yes goalie included ) set up behind the ball. First one runs step over, second same, then third..... Basically you don't know who would hit it.

:lmao: That scenario is hilarious. The look of confusion on the defenders and the amount of jumping about the keeper would do would make it worth trying! :D
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #117: Jun 28, 2011 06:52:11 pm

I bet Kenny would be lining up too.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #118: Jun 28, 2011 07:27:44 pm
      At the right price, I'd have him.

We can discuss all we like about him possibly disrupting off the pitch, but couldn't the same be said about some of our other stars?

Gerrard getting in rucks in bars, Andy Carroll liking a nice drink or ten, and if Suarez bites ears on the pitch, what must he be like off it?

I'd rather see the positive, which is a bit of positive flair on the pitch, another good option for Kenny, if he chooses.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #119: Jun 29, 2011 02:00:34 am
      Take him over Adam everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #120: Jun 29, 2011 02:05:44 am
      Take him over Adam everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

Dos Diegos Domingos?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #121: Jun 29, 2011 09:53:57 am
      F***ing get him in for rock bottom. He'd be the only natural attacking midfielder in the side. I think having Lucas, Suarez and Maxi would help him be at home and be part of the team.

Oh, and:

Diego could head home
      Wolfsburg set to part with Brazilian midfielder

Last Updated: June 24, 2011 10:31pm

Wolfsburg midfielder Diego is set to move on this summer and admits he could return to his native Brazil.

The Bundesliga outfit announced on Friday that the Samba star has been placed on the transfer list just a year after returning to the club from Juventus.

Wolfsburg boss Felix Magath admits relations between player and club have been damaged beyond repair and believes the best option is for both to head their separate ways.

Diego's decision to storm out of the team hotel on the final day of last season after being named on the bench for a fixture against Hoffenheim proved to be the final straw.

Magath spoke to the player in the wake of that incident, but admits: ""After this conversation it was clear that further co-operation would be difficult and that it is better to separate."

Speculation has suggested that Diego may decide to head home, and the 26-year-old has revealed that he already has offers on the table.

"Perhaps next week there will be news. Botafogo, no doubt, have shown interest, but there is no agreement yet," he told Globoesporte.

"Going back to Brazil, you get closer to the national squad. All that will be taken into consideration."

On his impending exit from Wolfsburg, Diego added: "I will continue training separately, here, at Wolfsburg, until I reach an agreement with a club.

"I cannot mention any names of clubs now, after all there are two parties involved. We will see what is best for both. I have my contract and also a professional project. My salary gives me some safety."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7004122,00.html

Mac_Red, do you read these things or do you just find them and post them? Curious. Because if you read the first line you would of found enough reason to bypass this article. He signed for Juve from Werder Bremen, not Wolsburg. You can't re-sign for a club you never F***ing signed for in the first place!

OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #122: Jun 29, 2011 10:22:52 am
      Good player but dislike his attitude.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #123: Jun 29, 2011 02:32:21 pm
      Mac_Red, do you read these things or do you just find them and post them? Curious. Because if you read the first line you would of found enough reason to bypass this article. He signed for Juve from Werder Bremen, not Wolsburg. You can't re-sign for a club you never f**king signed for in the first place!

Of course I read them, and I am aware of the quality of the SkySports reports ... However, I am not here to judge the quality and accuracy of their reports ... It is up for all the members of these boards to create their own opinion on the media sources' quality ...
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #124: Jun 29, 2011 04:21:04 pm

Muy bien. :D

Only Kenny will know if it's an option but if it is I could think of many worse things than this:

Carroll

Diego Suarez Henderson

« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2011 04:27:46 pm by The Last King of Scotland »
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #125: Jun 29, 2011 04:49:56 pm
      Diego Ribas 2010-2011

How anyone can tell me this lad isn't better than Adam ....

I don't care if he has a hissy fit once in a while we've got the best man manager on the planet and this lad is worth the risk. There's no way he wouldn't be first choice when he's like a better version of Deco.

You'll know if you watch Bundesliga Football that Werder are a side that like to play football and that is why I believe Diego's career has gone downhill. Juve and Wolfsburg simply can't accomodate such quality player who is built to play pass and move football. WE COULD!
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #126: Jun 29, 2011 05:25:48 pm
      Would love it if we signed him. He has pace, skill, passing,good FK's and decent shooting. He will suit our pass & move style aswell  8)
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #127: Jun 29, 2011 06:14:09 pm
      I honestly don't care if he is nuts most highly talented/creative players are! Please please please sign this guy in front of Adam, hell likely be available for s similar price with both club n player wanting out n by the sounds of it he's keen on England.no disrespect to raul but do we want another situation like last summer where apparently we cud have signed van der vart for the same price?
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #128: Jun 29, 2011 06:26:54 pm
      I honestly don't care if he is nuts most highly talented/creative players are! Please please please sign this guy in front of Adam, hell likely be available for s similar price with both club n player wanting out n by the sounds of it he's keen on England.no disrespect to raul but do we want another situation like last summer where apparently we cud have signed van der vart for the same price?

He reminds me of a cross between VDV and Deco.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #129: Jun 29, 2011 06:33:31 pm
      He's not in the same position as Adam. He's an attacking midfielder.

I'm using that as a positive considering the glut of Center Midfielders we'll have.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #130: Jun 29, 2011 06:37:57 pm

Diego is the perfect Moneyball signing ... A world class talent, available for only €10 million, because of the off-the-field problems ... With the wrong manager (Magath), a disaster waiting to happen ... With the right manager (Kenny), Ballon d'Or material ... In terms of pure footballing ability, he would be the third, maybe even the second best player on our team ...
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #131: Jun 29, 2011 06:51:31 pm
      For the price quoted, I'd have him as well. But I don't think he can play on the wing. One thing I think has been a problem for him is that he is a bit too unidimensional, needs to get the ball in the middle of the pitch and try to run the show. He's the type of player that has become a rarity in modern football, a pure and classic number 10. That said though, he has so much talent, I remember saying before in this thread he used to be one of my favorite players in the world not many years ago. Would provide much needed goals from midfield.

I like the Moneyball argument as well ;D Brian Clough might not know much about baseball but he was also brilliant at it - getting players with misconduct problems and making them fulfill their potential
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #132: Jun 29, 2011 06:52:57 pm
      For the price quoted, I'd have him as well. But I don't think he can play on the wing. One thing I think has been a problem for him is that he is a bit too unidimensional, needs to get the ball in the middle of the pitch and try to run the show. He's the type of player that has become a rarity in modern football, a pure and classic number 10. That said though, he has so much talent, I remember saying before in this thread he used to be one of my favorite players in the world not many years ago. Would provide much needed goals from midfield.

He is definitely a true number 10, I agree. So creative, but not a fast player by any means. In a 4-2-3-1, or a 4-1-2-1-2, where he doesn't have as much defensive responsibility, he is devastating.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #133: Jun 29, 2011 07:00:49 pm

I like the Moneyball argument as well ;D Brian Clough might not know much about baseball but he was also brilliant at it - getting players with misconduct problems and making them fulfill their potential

What is the price being quoted?  I would think we should go in with an offer of 5M plus one of Jova/Poulsen or both. 
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #134: Jun 29, 2011 07:04:46 pm

If we are talking about wingers in the classic 4-4-2, then I agree ... However, if we talk about wide attacking players in the 4-2-3-1 or even the 4-3-3, Diego has the ability to be very effective there ... One important part of his game in the wide areas is the almost perfect diagonal cross into the box ... Players like Claudio Pizarro or Hugo Almeida have benefited hugely from those crosses ... Pretty much in the same way that Andy Carroll has benefited from the Joey Barton's diagonal crosses ...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #135: Jun 30, 2011 12:14:47 am
      Diego would be a wonderful signing.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #136: Jun 30, 2011 08:15:06 am
      I honestly don't like him. I don't know why, I just feel he would be a huge failure if he ever comes.

Btw, have we been linked to him recently?
      el-g-toni
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 468 posts | 49 
      • el-g-toni.blogspot.com
      Reply #137: Jun 30, 2011 11:52:02 am

Quick Reply