Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Diego (Wolfsburg)

Read 26307 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Diego (Wolfsburg)
      Reply #161: Jul 31, 2011 08:52:29 pm
      Diego is good, but I feel the reason why he's failed at Juventus and Wolfsburg is because both the teams didn't do enough to support his play style.

At Bremen, they had a very offensive mentallity, 2 wingers and a pure defensive midfielder in Frings who just sat back and covered. They would win games 3-2, 4-3, 5-4 etc.

I don't think Diego would fit into our current squad we have now, maybe when we had Masch and Alonso... but I'm glad we dodged this player.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #162: Aug 01, 2011 12:52:15 am
      Shame we are going to miss out on him but no need for any more mids.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #163: Aug 01, 2011 01:50:00 am
      Definitely has talent, just was worried about his mentality and how it would effect the dressing room. Sure if he was a success it would be fine but in harder times doesn't come accross like the type to knuckle down so not too disappointed in missing out on this one.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #164: Aug 26, 2011 04:04:52 pm

No bids for Diego, says Wolfsburg coach

August 25, 2011

Wolfsburg coach Felix Magath has not yet received any satisfactory bids for playmaker Diego.

The former Werder Bremen and Juventus man is surplus to requirements with the Wolves after refusing to sit on the bench for the final game of last season and infuriating Magath with his attitude.

Magath has confirmed there has been contact between the player and Atletico Madrid, but says Wolfsburg have heard nothing.

"Diego is in contact with Atletico, but we aren't,'' he said. "Therefore, there is no offer worthy of mention.''

Although Atletico have yet to make their interest in the Brazilian official, Magath did reveal other enquiries had been received.

Magath has less than a week to offload the club's highest earner before the transfer window closes, leaving Diego no choice but to keep himself fit training with the reserve team.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/948519/no-bids-for-diego,-says-wolfsburg-coach-magath

With Aquilani out on loan, I wouldn't mind Diego on a loan deal at LFC, especially if we also manage to send Joe Cole on loan somewhere ...
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #165: Aug 26, 2011 04:15:57 pm
      No bids for Diego, says Wolfsburg coach

August 25, 2011

Wolfsburg coach Felix Magath has not yet received any satisfactory bids for playmaker Diego.

The former Werder Bremen and Juventus man is surplus to requirements with the Wolves after refusing to sit on the bench for the final game of last season and infuriating Magath with his attitude.

Magath has confirmed there has been contact between the player and Atletico Madrid, but says Wolfsburg have heard nothing.

"Diego is in contact with Atletico, but we aren't,'' he said. "Therefore, there is no offer worthy of mention.''

Although Atletico have yet to make their interest in the Brazilian official, Magath did reveal other enquiries had been received.

Magath has less than a week to offload the club's highest earner before the transfer window closes, leaving Diego no choice but to keep himself fit training with the reserve team.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/948519/no-bids-for-diego,-says-wolfsburg-coach-magath

With Aquilani out on loan, I wouldn't mind Diego on a loan deal at LFC, especially if we also manage to send Joe Cole on loan somewhere ...

Spot on especially with the Joe Cole part.

Would love Diego here, everything that Cole isn't..... good being the first word that sprang to mind.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #166: Aug 26, 2011 04:31:42 pm
      Diego is good, but I feel the reason why he's failed at Juventus and Wolfsburg is because both the teams didn't do enough to support his play style.

I agree with this point a lot, to get the most out of a player like Diego you have to build the squad around him and his style of play, very similar to jJan roman Riquelme
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #167: Aug 26, 2011 04:33:53 pm
      Spot on especially with the Joe Cole part.

Would love Diego here, everything that Cole isn't..... good being the first word that sprang to mind.

F***ing hell S@int if we ever sign this bloke you'll be unstoppable mate (S@ints been on about him for about four years). After being the ONLY voice in favour of getting Kenny way back when, this would be some double.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #168: Aug 26, 2011 04:44:40 pm
      After being the ONLY voice in favour of getting Kenny way back when

That's because everyone else was still supporting Rafa mate...... but shhhhh don't tell them that bit :D
      igor zidane
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 13 
      Reply #169: Aug 26, 2011 04:55:04 pm
      If you think Bellamy is trouble then steer well clear of Diego .No doubt a very good player but one bellend of a man . Saints spot on with his predictions , he was one of the first if not the very first to call Hicks and Gillette out for what they were . Right from the press conference if i remember right .

He's right about supporting Rafa as well ,i know i was . I thought he was a madman for wanting kenny back then .
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #170: Aug 26, 2011 05:29:14 pm
      If you think Bellamy is trouble then steer well clear of Diego .No doubt a very good player but one bellend of a man . Saints spot on with his predictions , he was one of the first if not the very first to call Hicks and Gillette out for what they were . Right from the press conference if I remember right .

He's right about supporting Rafa as well ,I know I was . I thought he was a madman for wanting kenny back then .
      Spot on with this mate.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #171: Aug 31, 2011 11:49:00 pm

Diego heads to Atletico
      Brazil playmaker heading on loan to Atletico Madrid from Wolfsburg

Last Updated: August 31, 2011 11:26pm

Atletico Madrid have agreed to take Brazil playmaker Diego on loan from Wolfsburg.

His arrival at the Vicente Calderon is part of a major overhaul of the Atletico team under new coach Gregorio Manzano.

The 2010 Europa League winners have sold high-profile players Sergio Aguero, Diego Forlan and David de Gea and brought in a host of new faces such as Colombian striker Radamel Falcao and Turkish midfielder Arda Turan.

Diego joined Wolfsburg for 15million euros last year but was told in May he had no future with the Bundesliga club.

The 26-year-old made his name during a three-year spell with Werder Bremen which ended when Juventus bought him for almost 25million euros in 2009.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7141468,00.html
      BigSmooth
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #172: Sep 01, 2011 12:08:33 am
      Diego/Falcao tandem will be great to watch. 
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #173: Sep 01, 2011 12:15:30 am
      Diego/Falcao tandem will be great to watch. 

With Turan and Reyes at the wide attacking positions, it will be one hell of an attack ...
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #174: Sep 01, 2011 01:37:44 am
                 Falcao
      Turan Diego Reyes

Great attacking force for Athletico.

Time to lock this thread...

Quick Reply