Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Diego (Wolfsburg)

Read 26282 times
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Re: Diego (Wolfsburg)
      Reply #46: May 22, 2011 12:55:35 am
      Dalglish draws up three-man midfielder shortlist

Published 23:31 21/05/11

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is targeting three players to fill his midfield for next season.

Dalglish has set his sights on Brazil international Diego, who plays for German club Wolfsburg and hot Wigan prospect James McCarthy.

The Merseysiders also have their eye on Writers’ Footballer of the Year Scott Parker, but seem destined to lose out to Tottenham in the race to sign the West Ham vice-captain.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-Transfer-news-Kenny-Dalglish-wants-Wolfsburg-Diego-Wigan-James-McCarthy-and-West-Ham-Scott-Parker-article738879.html

Same again you truly are a fountain of knowledge.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #47: May 22, 2011 12:58:11 am
      Diego, would be such an un-needed signing, he doesn't play in a position that we need to strengthen in.

Ummm Diego is bloody class! Remember he along with Quaresema and Mereiles were the super troupe in my FC Porto team on LMA Manager 2006 back in the day!

edit: Just to show how random that game got Danny North a young striker from Grimsby had world class rating on that game! He was in my Porto team for sure! He now plys his trade at St Patrick's Athletic...in Ireland. Oh dear.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #48: May 24, 2011 01:14:19 pm
      Liverpool face Chelsea challenge for Diego
      24th May 2011 - Transfer Gossip 
      6 CommentsEmailPrintShare ArchiveLFC To Go
      Liverpool face competition from Chelsea in the race to sign Diego, according to reports.

Most Recent Gossip
      Liverpool face Chelsea challenge for …
      Hazard hints at Lille stay
      Liverpool mull over move for Celtic l…
      McAllister hopeful over Young
      Friedel set for Liverpool return
      The Brazilian international midfielder has recently emerged on the Anfield radar, with the The People claiming Kenny Dalglish has targeted three players in the position for potential summer transfers.

Dalglish confirmed last week that Liverpool will be chasing the 'highest calibre' of player in the summer, with an attacking midfielder, winger, left back and striker all thought to be on the Merseysiders' agenda.

With money at his disposal, Dalglish and director of football Damien Comolli have pulled together a list of Anfield targets that the club will look to chase when the window re-opens on July 1st.

Despite the sacking of Carlo Ancelotti late on Sunday, Chelsea are also thought to be keen on the 26-year-old playmaker and are interested in bringing the £15 million-rated talent to Stamford Bridge, according to the paper.

The Metro additionally reports that the Blues will go 'head-to-head' with the Reds for the player's signature.

Diego has fallen out of favour at Wolfsburg, and a bust-up with manager Felix Magath after being named as a substitute on the final day of the season has only increased speculation of a move away from the Bundesliga.

Source: Give Me Football.com

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Author: Give Me Football.com
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #49: May 24, 2011 04:42:37 pm
      Another F***ing headjob for Chelsea? Go for it.

I don't rate him like the rest of everyone around here. Think he's quality but combined with his attitude he doesn't appeal to me in the least.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #50: May 24, 2011 04:43:33 pm
      With you on this Redman, he was poor at Juventus and has been poor at Wolfsburg
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #51: May 24, 2011 11:49:49 pm
      Another f**king headjob for Chelsea? Go for it.

I don't rate him like the rest of everyone around here. Think he's quality but combined with his attitude he doesn't appeal to me in the least.

I think that his attitude issues are seriously exaggerated ... Yes, he is a bit of a hot-head, but nothing more than Suarez, for example ... I have a feeling that he could be the steal of the transfer window ... Something like Sneijder to Inter in the summer of 2009 ...
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #52: May 24, 2011 11:57:42 pm
      I think that his attitude issues are seriously exaggerated ... Yes, he is a bit of a hot-head, but nothing more than Suarez, for example ... I have a feeling that he could be the steal of the transfer window ... Something like Sneijder to Inter in the summer of 2009 ...

OK, I can go with that, especially with the Suarez comparison - but what do you think he would bring to the team?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #53: May 25, 2011 12:02:29 am
      OK, I can go with that, especially with the Suarez comparison - but what do you think he would bring to the team?

Well, he is a very creative player, when playing in central midfield, and he also scores quite a lot, when playing behind the main striker ... He is also decent in the wide attacking areas, especially when attacking from the left ... I'd say that he would be the perfect replacement for Joe Cole on our squad ...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #54: May 25, 2011 06:46:55 am
      Not to mention he's a brilliant set piece taker. He'd be a more flamboyant, technical version of Gerrard. Can hit his passes with ease and definitely an eye for goal.

His price is still the main factor for me.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #55: May 25, 2011 09:30:42 pm

I completely disagree. Suarez is overly passionate, he wants to win really bad, as a result he crosses the line sometimes. It's a bit like Rinus Michels said, football is war. But what he does, he does it for the right reasons, for the love of the game and for wanting to  win.

So then there's Diego, who doesn't show up for a game because he has to start on the bench. Suarez would never do that, it's a completely different type of attitude problem. Diego put himself above the team.

And the comparison to Sneijder doesn't work either. Sneijder was a success at Madrid in his first season, he got struck by injury in his 2nd season and was frequently played out of position in favour of Kaka and then eventually pushed out of the club because their new president was star struck.
      « Last Edit: May 25, 2011 09:41:23 pm by Dexter »
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #56: May 25, 2011 09:41:42 pm
      So then there's Diego, who doesn't show up for a game because he has to start on the bench.

If it has happened under any other manager, I would have held it against the player ... But, since it has happened under Magath, I will give Diego benefit of the doubt ...
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #57: May 25, 2011 09:42:55 pm

Suarez will fight for the badge he wears.

Diego will not turn up in a match he doesn't feature in.

Yeah, sure, they're alike.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #58: May 25, 2011 09:50:28 pm
      F**k the manager. He has an obligation to the club and it's fans. They had to play a very important relegation game to secure another season in the Bundesliga, and he just leaves. There's players sitting on the bench almost weekly and he can't sit on the bench for a single game.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #59: May 25, 2011 09:55:14 pm

I bet a lot of our players shared the same sentiments when owl face was patrolling the sidelines.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #60: May 25, 2011 09:58:02 pm
      F**k the manager. He has an obligation to the club and it's fans. They had to play a very important relegation game to secure another season in the Bundesliga, and he just leaves. There's players sitting on the bench almost weekly and he can't sit on the bench for a single game.

Felix Magath is probably the worst man-manager in the business ... He has clashed with all the star players, wherever he has managed ... Diego is not usually known for such things, and he has certainly never had the same problems with Thomas Schaaf at Werder ... And before we fall into self-combustion, lets remember for a moment that the Mancs' Premier League dynasty was built on Eric Cantona ... Compared to him, Diego is a Buddhist monk ...
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #61: May 25, 2011 10:05:19 pm
      You're going to blame Magath also for the penalty Diego took then, while Helmes was designated? The guy isn't a team player. I don't care what Magath did, by leaving Diego fu**ed over the club, the fans and most importantly his teammates. Seriously, about half a team exists of players who can hardly get minutes in on a weekly basis. What would they think when a player like Diego pulls something like that. No excuse for that. The guy's a risk, especially at a team like ours where a starting place would never be guaranteed.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #62: May 25, 2011 10:06:23 pm
      lets remember for a moment that the Mancs' Premier League dynasty was built on Eric Cantona ... Compared to him, Diego is a Buddhist monk ...

Whilst technically you are correct, lets not forget Peter Schmicheals input in the beginning of United's premier league dynasty who was very bit as influential as Cantona in their resurgence.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #63: May 25, 2011 10:10:33 pm
      The guy's a risk, especially at a team like ours where a starting place would never be guaranteed.

Of course he is a risk ... That is why he will cost only €10 million ... However, lets just imagine for a moment that he could pull a ''Cantona'' on us ... The huge talent is there ... He only needs the right manager to control him ...
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #64: May 25, 2011 10:14:07 pm
      Well, guess that's where we disagree then. I think he's the type of player who needs to be pampered, who needs to feel he's important, more important probably than the rest. I don't see him succeed here, that's not a Liverpool player. And I can't see him have a good influence on the rest of the team either.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #65: May 25, 2011 10:18:50 pm
      Well, guess that's where we disagree then. I think he's the type of player who needs to be pampered, who needs to feel he's important, more important probably than the rest. I don't see him succeed here, that's not a Liverpool player. And I can't see him have a good influence on the rest of the team either.

Agreed Dexter we've witnessed first hand what a sulk can do to team morale, why go back down that path.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #66: May 25, 2011 10:38:20 pm
      I think he's the type of player who needs to be pampered, who needs to feel he's important, more important probably than the rest.

Why are we discussing Gerrard here ?
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #67: May 25, 2011 10:56:01 pm
      Why are we discussing Gerrard here ?
      When's the last time Gerrard didn't show up for a game after having to start on the bench? But ofcourse you prefer defending Diego and slating Gerrard.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #68: May 25, 2011 11:33:02 pm
      When's the last time Gerrard didn't show up for a game after having to start on the bench? But ofcourse you prefer defending Diego and slating Gerrard.

Nah, I admire Gerrard very much, but he has this habit of acting like a primadonna sometimes ... To be honest, every world class talent has this problem ... Some of them manage to get over it, and become world class players, and some of them turn into Antonio Cassano ...

Quick Reply