Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Diego (Wolfsburg)

Read 26116 times
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Re: Diego (Wolfsburg)
      Reply #69: May 25, 2011 11:36:58 pm
      I think if anyone can sort a sulky player, it's King Kenny.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #70: May 25, 2011 11:44:31 pm
      I think if anyone can sort a sulky player, it's King Kenny.
      Yup, that is pretty much the idea ... Anyway, it seems that Wolfsburg are already lining up his replacement ...

Wolfsburg line up Kranjcar to replace Liverpool and Chelsea target Diego

Last updated at 10:30 PM on 25th May 2011

Wolfsburg are chasing Tottenham midfielder Niko Kranjcar.

The Germans want the Croatian to replace Diego, who has been watched by Liverpool and Chelsea.

Tottenham want around £7m for the 26-year-old but there is also interest from England and Italy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1390926/Wolfsburg-line-Niko-Kranjcar-replace-Liverpool-Chelsea-target-Diego.html
      McEvoy_LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts |
      Reply #71: May 25, 2011 11:45:55 pm
      He has the talent, but your all correct, he's got a bad attitude.

It's mad because I bought him on masters league PES 2011, first 6 games he's been on a downer... He's been sitting on the bench until he cheers up! haha
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #72: May 25, 2011 11:51:22 pm
      Liverpool target could stay at Wolfsburg

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/7755/8/liverpool-target-could-stay-wolfsburg

Liverpool target Diego could yet stay at Wolfsburg despite falling out with the management staff.

The Brazilian playmaker, who is understood to be a transfer priority for Liverpool, looked set to leave the Bundesliga after storming out of a team meeting earlier this month following manager Felix Magath's decision to start him on the bench for their next game.

Magath even suggested the club would consider taking legal action against the midfielder, whose conduct came the day before their crucial relegation clash against Hoffenheim which they needed to win to stay up.

Following the incident, Diego was even reported to have said: "I will not stay at Wolfsburg, the whole world knows this."

But Magath has now revealed that Diego's departure is not a foregone conclusion and has hinted that the former-Juventus star still has a future at the Volkswagen Arena.

Magath said: "I'm not interested in his comments.

"I expect him to be there when we start training."
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #73: May 25, 2011 11:57:11 pm
      Liverpool target could stay at Wolfsburg

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/7755/8/liverpool-target-could-stay-wolfsburg

Liverpool target Diego could yet stay at Wolfsburg despite falling out with the management staff.

The Brazilian playmaker, who is understood to be a transfer priority for Liverpool, looked set to leave the Bundesliga after storming out of a team meeting earlier this month following manager Felix Magath's decision to start him on the bench for their next game.

Magath even suggested the club would consider taking legal action against the midfielder, whose conduct came the day before their crucial relegation clash against Hoffenheim which they needed to win to stay up.

Following the incident, Diego was even reported to have said: "I will not stay at Wolfsburg, the whole world knows this."

But Magath has now revealed that Diego's departure is not a foregone conclusion and has hinted that the former-Juventus star still has a future at the Volkswagen Arena.

Magath said: "I'm not interested in his comments.

"I expect him to be there when we start training."
      Your standard response. Not sure why, but the more I think of it, the more I want him here. Perhaps it's because I've been watching some of his clips on YouTube :D
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #74: May 26, 2011 02:22:33 pm
      I hope he stays put just so we don't have a 'Diego's temperament' thread.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #75: Jun 22, 2011 08:49:37 pm

Wolfsburg Push Liverpool Target Diego Closer to Exit

Wednesday, 22nd June, 2011

Wolfsburg appear to have pushed Brazilian midfielder Diego closer to the exit door by handing him a fine of €500,000.

The fine is equivalent to one month’s salary for the former Juventus man and is punishment for refusing to take any part in Wolfsburg’s final game of last season.

Diego has been linked with several clubs this summer, chief amongst them English Premier League outfit Liverpool, and is expected to exit the Volkswagen Arena within the next two months.

Wolfsburg had originally slapped an asking price of €15M on Diego’s head, but manager Felix Magath is thought so keen to sell the playmaker that an offer of €10M would be accepted.

The 26-year-old, who had previously enjoyed a successful time in the Bundesliga with Werder Bremen, only arrived at Wolfsburg last summer, as the German club shelled out €15M to snap up the schemer from Juventus.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2011/06/22/wolfsburg-push-liverpool-target-diego-closer-to-exit/44247/
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #76: Jun 22, 2011 09:01:29 pm
      I would love Diego to come to Liverpool. He has the all round game and vision to supply the chances for Carroll and Suarez. 
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #77: Jun 22, 2011 09:06:35 pm
      For €10million, I would definitely have him here. It would be a gamble as he has the history and baggage, but it would not be a very expensive gamble. He would be cheaper than Charlie Adam too for that price. A good creative player, could be a very, very useful squad player at least.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #78: Jun 22, 2011 09:14:06 pm
      I think we should keep abreast to his titillating situation.

Wrong topic? F**k it.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #79: Jun 24, 2011 04:48:41 pm
      Has just been sacked by Wolfsburg and told to find a new club
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #80: Jun 24, 2011 04:50:29 pm
      Interesting...
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #81: Jun 24, 2011 04:51:27 pm

Free transfer?  I must admit, if we could land him for free and give him a contract highly structured around performance based earnings/incentives, I'd be thrilled.  He is very talented, but I'm worried about his mentality.... he seems to be a bit of an arrogant cock-head who tends to be more interested in personal achievement than team results...
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #82: Jun 24, 2011 04:52:47 pm
      Ya agree, he would be a gamble but if he is free maybe he is worth it, he is only 26
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #83: Jun 24, 2011 04:54:00 pm

Actually, he has been transfer listed and advised to look for a new club ... They are still expecting to get €10 million for him ...
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #84: Jun 24, 2011 04:56:29 pm
      Only going on reports on twitter, thats what is being reported, hold up my hands it is twitter. No F***ing way though will they get 10 million for him with a player they want clearly rid of
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #85: Jun 24, 2011 05:05:24 pm
      http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/502d8588702846598383a515f47af699/SOC--Wolfsburg-Diego/

Here is the only article I could find on it.  Only quote is that Magath has said they will need to go their separate ways, but it doesn't say he has been sacked, nor that he will be able to go on a free.  We should see if they would swap Jova and/or Poulsen for him  :f_whistle:
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #86: Jun 24, 2011 05:22:36 pm
      Try the German press ...

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/0,1518,770459,00.html
      http://www.welt.de/newsticker/dpa_nt/infoline_nt/sport_nt/article13449020/Magath-setzt-Diego-vor-die-Tuer-Friedrich-verletzt.html
      http://www.nachrichten.de/sport/Wolfsburg-Arne-Friedrich-Felix-Magath-Zwangspause-VfL-Wolfsburg-aid_31071418.html

And this one, in the Sports Illustrated ...

Wolfsburg's Diego told to look for new club

Friday June 24, 2011

WOLFSBURG, Germany (AP) -Wolfsburg coach Felix Magath has told Brazilian midfielder Diego to look for a new club.

Magath says he came to the conclusion that "future cooperation would be difficult and that it's better to go our separate ways'' after a talk with Diego.

Diego left the team hotel before the last Bundesliga match of the season at Hoffenheim after being told by Magath that he would not be in the starting lineup. Diego refused to be a reserve.

The Brazilian played for Werder Bremen before a spell with Juventus.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/soccer/wires/06/24/2080.ap.soc.wolfsburg.diego.0092/index.html
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #87: Jun 24, 2011 05:29:58 pm
      I'd definitely go for him now. I've always quite rated Diego and would love him here. Make this one happen!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #88: Jun 24, 2011 05:31:19 pm
      Don't need him regardless of his situation, so I'm out.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #89: Jun 24, 2011 05:32:39 pm
      Great player, we could go in well below £10Million and land him!

Not 100% sure about his attitude... But that was said about the hannibal suarez before he joined - lets move quickly and get him!
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #90: Jun 24, 2011 05:39:50 pm
      Great player, we could go in well below £10Million and land him!

Not 100% sure about his attitude... But that was said about the hannibal suarez before he joined - lets move quickly and get him!

I'm telling you, we need to offer Poulsen, or Jova, or both.  Poulsen did well during his time in Germany, and I think the German league would suit Jova better than England too!  If they would be willing to lower their wage demands to play 1st team footie (both of them need to play 1st team footie to keep their international hopes alive) then this could be feasible! 

It almost 100% will not happen, but I am a wishful thinker.  The glass is half full!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #91: Jun 24, 2011 05:50:06 pm
       S@int was always on about this bloke over on Newkit. I've never seen him play obviously, but like I say he was talked about for years over there.

Quick Reply