Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Gael Clichy (Arsenal)

Read 43520 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Re: Gael Clichy (Arsenal)
      Reply #437: Jul 03, 2011 12:23:49 pm
      It's all about the ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

The money is a very important factor, but not the only one ... The Champions League football is also very important ...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,160 posts | 8544 
      Reply #438: Jul 03, 2011 12:24:42 pm
      The money is a very important factor, but not the only one ... The Champions League football is also very important ...

Why? City will be out before Christmas!! :)
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #439: Jul 03, 2011 12:34:36 pm
      Why? City will be out before Christmas!! :)

I don't think so ... They've already created a good team, and Mancini is not the worst manager around ... They will also improve in this transfer window, so it would be realistic to expect that they will get into the knock-out stages of the Champions League ...
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #440: Jul 03, 2011 12:38:40 pm
      I don't think so ... They've already created a good team, and Mancini is not the worst manager around ... They will also improve in this transfer window, so it would be realistic to expect that they will get into the knock-out stages of the Champions League ...

I think he was just taking the piss mate.

Also we look at the weekly wage and say he's only on £10,000 a week more or round about it, but he could be on a massive signing on fee. City would be able to afford to pay him a few million quid just for signing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,160 posts | 8544 
      Reply #441: Jul 03, 2011 12:40:15 pm

I think he was just taking the piss mate.

I was, but still they're Manchester City, history tells us they'll find a way to F**k it up. They're sh*te, have always been sh*te and will continue to be sh*te.

And Mancini will get fu**ed off the minute Jose says he's had enough at Real.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #442: Jul 03, 2011 02:18:15 pm
      I was, but still they're Manchester City, history tells us they'll find a way to f**k it up. They're sh*te, have always been sh*te and will continue to be sh*te.

And Mancini will get fu**ed off the minute Jose says he's had enough at Real.

Well, I'd like to think so, but their performances in the later part of the season (their FA Cup win and overtaking Arsenal for the 3rd spot) seem to suggest that their team is maturing under Mancini ...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,160 posts | 8544 
      Reply #443: Jul 03, 2011 05:48:42 pm
      Well, I'd like to think so, but their performances in the later part of the season

Except at Anfield!!

That night they were a gutless shower of sh*te, not that I'm arsed.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #444: Jul 03, 2011 08:27:21 pm

as is competing with 3 other left backs all on a massive wage.. will he be first choice or rotated and play half a season
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #445: Jul 03, 2011 09:13:44 pm
      as is competing with 3 other left backs all on a massive wage.. will he be first choice or rotated and play half a season

Or alternatively, he is confident that he is a better fullback than Kolarov and Bridge, and that he will manage to beat them to the starting spot ...
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #446: Jul 03, 2011 09:14:49 pm
      Could just be a case of Clichy wanting out ASAP and Man City were the first who came to some sort of an agreement?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      I killed a guy with a trident.
      Reply #447: Jul 03, 2011 11:55:54 pm
      I can't wait until City's sugar daddy gets bored.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #448: Jul 04, 2011 12:04:09 am
      Well, I'd like to think so, but their performances in the later part of the season (their FA Cup win and overtaking Arsenal for the 3rd spot) seem to suggest that their team is maturing under Mancini ...

Arsenal imploded I wouldn't use that to gauge to see how far City came on to be honest, they only won 2 of their remaining 10 premier league fixtures.
      Rimli
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts |
      Reply #449: Jul 04, 2011 12:28:25 pm
      Teamtalk reporting that Clichy is set for a City medical. I really hope we missed this player because of his preference to join Man City...Rated him really highly,but let's hope we'll get a decent left-back this decade.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #450: Jul 04, 2011 12:31:50 pm
      Was watching the Arsenal season review on tele.

Watched to see if he stood out. He did. He was woeful. How many times does he lose a 50/50 tussle on the ball?
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #451: Jul 04, 2011 01:12:30 pm
      Arsenal's Gael Clichy undergoes Manchester City medical

Clichy has been a regular in the Arsenal defence in recent seasons Arsenal and France international defender Gael Clichy is undergoing a medical at Manchester City, BBC Sport has learned.

The 25-year-old full-back who joined the Gunners from French club Cannes in 2003, is out of contract at the Emirates Stadium next summer.

Clichy reportedly told Arsenal he wanted to leave last month, and had been linked with Liverpool and Roma.

But City are rivals for his signature, with the deal reportedly worth £7m.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger faces an anxious time with playmaker Cesc Fabregas again being linked with Barcelona.

Midfielder Sami Nasri has also been tipped to leave the club, and is thought to be a target for both City and Manchester United.

The Gunners, who return for pre-season training this week ahead of a tour of Malaysia and China, have been strongly linked with a move for Bolton defender Gary Cahill.

But Wenger recently claimed that it will be late into pre-season before there is significant movement in the transfer market.

"We are in a waiting period, everybody is waiting," said the Arsenal boss in an interview with Alsace TV.

"Everybody has their cards in their hands, hoping for the big transfer. There is nothing moving yet. The period will be more active at the end of July when we will need to really strengthen the team."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13984029.stm
      « Last Edit: Jul 04, 2011 01:19:47 pm by CRK, Reason: \"It only takes a minute girl...\" »
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #452: Jul 04, 2011 01:22:26 pm
      Or alternatively, he is confident that he is a better fullback than Kolarov and Bridge, and that he will manage to beat them to the starting spot ...

im not doubting his self belief at all, good luck to him..

city though are getting themselves into a corner with this policy.. suppose it doesnt matter as long as mansoor is around
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #453: Jul 04, 2011 03:42:59 pm
      Money talks and bullshit walks.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #454: Jul 04, 2011 03:58:56 pm
      Money does talk - and from all accounts we didnt make a bid... I am surprised especially at this price, he is well worth the money.

We have some young players at the club in this position, maybe Kenny has faith in these guys and were not going in for a LB..?
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #455: Jul 04, 2011 03:59:54 pm
      Maybe Enrique deal has already been tied up?
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #456: Jul 04, 2011 04:00:26 pm
      Think this deal is done acording to sky
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 2816 
      Reply #457: Jul 04, 2011 05:30:34 pm
      Most Arsenal fans I've talked to are glad to see the back of the lad.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #458: Jul 04, 2011 05:35:09 pm
      Oh good he has signed for them. I can go back to calling him sh*t again now :)
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #459: Jul 04, 2011 05:38:18 pm
      moneygrabbingtit

Quick Reply