Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Rafa: Blame, Lies And Broken Promises At Liverpool

Read 15484 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Rafa: Blame, Lies And Broken Promises At Liverpool
      Reply #115: Mar 06, 2011 09:37:22 pm
      Jaysus Mick your still defending that f**king ape Hodgson

This is the type of thing I just don't understand. Whether you think Hodgson did a good job or a bad one (we all know he didn't do a good one) he is an ex Liverpool manager and there is need to call him names imo.

I don't think I have ever abused Rafa or any Liverpool player. I have pointed out mistakes and criticised them (sometimes more than they deserved) but I never called Rafa a c**t, a fat spanish waiter or any of that crap.   
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #116: Mar 06, 2011 11:07:41 pm
      And this is what the player who was treated with horse placenta thought of Rafa :-

“Everyone asks me why I left Liverpool,” said Benayoun. “There is only one reason; Rafa Benitez! I agreed to join Chelsea before Roy Hodgson was appointed Liverpool’s new manager. It’s a dream for me such a fantastic club have given me this opportunity.”

“But I want Liverpool fans to know the truth and for them to know I made up my mind to leave a long time ago because of Benitez. He never treated me with the respect I deserved. If I played well, I never felt he gave me credit. When I scored, I still expected to be out of the team the next game. And when the fans wanted me to play, Benitez told me he couldn’t understand why they booed.”

“There are many examples of him treating me badly. On two occasions early last season, against Fulham and Lyon, the fans booed when I was subbed. They thought I was playing well but Benitez told me he was surprised the fans booed because I was not good enough. It was as if the fans’ reaction worked against me. The situation got worse afterwards. He told me I was a better player as a substitute instead of starting in the team.”

“Then, when we played Birmingham after I hadn’t started a game for a month, he didn’t tell me I was starting until two hours before the game. He tried to destroy my confidence. You can’t treat a player like this and expect him to be happy. I felt so unhappy but, out of respect to the club, I never spoke out. The players and the people at the top of the club knew how I felt.”

“I don’t want to speak on behalf of other players at Liverpool, but people know what happened to Albert Riera and Xabi Alonso. It was the same for me. Benitez tried to break me like he broke Riera. I was sure he wanted me to attack him in the Press during the season so he could turn the fans against me, so I kept quiet. I felt he was waiting for me to make a mistake so he could use it against me.”

“On the day before the final game of last season at Hull, Benitez pulled me to one side after training and said: ‘You will not be in the squad for this game. Thank you for your three years of service, now you can call your agent to do a deal with another club. That’s when Chelsea made an offer and the deal was done before Benitez left.”

“The previous season when we finished second in the Premier League, I was happy with my performance in the final months but I was not sure if the manager thought I was a good player. I told Benitez I would go if he wanted, but he told me I was important and he would give me a new contract, which I signed. But then for the first game of the new season I wasn’t in the team again. The manager ignored me when I wanted to know why.

“After he ignored me for a long time, he needed me for Europe when Ryan Babel was suspended. I said: ‘You need me now and I will always do my best.’ I scored against Atletico Madrid in the Europa League semi-final. It was a really emotional moment for me. The fans could see what it meant to me. I couldn’t say at the time, but I knew this was my last season at Liverpool and I wanted a special end. I thought: ‘No matter how the manager is treating me, I’m showing the fans the club is in my heart.”

“I knew I had to get away from Benitez. A lot of people at Liverpool treated me well and asked me to stay, but I could not turn down such a massive club as Chelsea. I could not risk waiting to see if Benitez kept his job. The club said they understood why I was unhappy and promised they’d let me leave in the summer if an offer came while Benitez was manager.”

“It is good for Liverpool Benitez has gone, but it was too late for me. I know everyone working there will be a lot happier and I believe Roy Hodgson is a good choice. It was a privilege for me to play for such a great club in front of great fans. I thought I would be staying for a lot longer.”

“I’m not stupid. I know Chelsea have many great players and it will be hard to play in the team every week. But what’s important for me is I know I will be treated with respect. Carlo Ancelotti is a fantastic manager and he knows how to treat players.”

From a shithouse who regularly sh*t out of challenges.

And the fans that booed him coming off were probably the same mongs that booed when we went top after a draw against West Ham a year or two previously!!

This is the type of thing I just don't understand. Whether you think Hodgson did a good job or a bad one (we all know he didn't do a good one) he is an ex Liverpool manager and there is need to call him names imo.

I think we can make exceptions for Project Owl though, but I forgot, he's a nice man.

LFCexiled
      Reply #117: Mar 07, 2011 10:38:31 am
      I don't think I have ever abused Rafa or any Liverpool player.

Not even he who commands abuse, Diouf?  :o
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #118: Mar 07, 2011 10:42:17 am
      Benitez is not to blame for any of the sh*t - Gillett and Hicks are.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #119: Mar 07, 2011 11:35:48 am
      Benitez is not to blame for any of the sh*t - Gillett and Hicks are.

I'm sure s@int and bigmick will be along shortly to debate that comment.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #120: Mar 07, 2011 11:43:00 am
      Nah mate, this thread served its purpose in killing time and stress before the manc game, so I will try to wait till the Braga game now :)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #121: Mar 07, 2011 11:46:51 am
      Nah mate, this thread served its purpose in killing time and stress before the manc game, so I will try to wait till the Braga game now :)

Im sure by then st@in you would have served your purpose too.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #122: Mar 07, 2011 11:56:29 am

So basically your regime of stress relief is to take it out on and antagonise fellow reds?

kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #123: Mar 07, 2011 12:00:15 pm
      I'm sure s@int and bigmick will be along shortly to debate that comment.

go ahead.... If anyone cannot see that the previous owners were to blame for most (if not all) of the sh*t that the team, fans and Rafa had to contend with, then go ahead.

Any manager that won us the European cup deserves little criticism... you dont hear Paisley getting slagged off and slated on here..

Rafa was one of us, he knew and still knows what LFC means, stands for, and what LFC is all about. He was a red, and did most of the fighting against those tossers that were in charge.

Yes he signed some average players, but there is little you can do when your hands are tied due to interest payments that those cancerous leeches were stinging us for all the time.

If Torres was sold when H&G were here, you can bet your F***ing house, that we would not have got any kind of replacement in.

Hicks and Gillett, Purslow and Ayre must all take some blame for the sh*t that happened over the last 18 months.

Rafa Is, Was and will always be welcome at Anfield in my opinion
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #124: Mar 07, 2011 12:09:46 pm

glad to know I am of some use, unlike a limp dick like you SHATS HIS PANTS.

Pity you can't discuss things SHATS.   

Grow up SHATS
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #125: Mar 07, 2011 12:13:10 pm

So basically your regime of stress relief is to take it out on and antagonise fellow reds?

I don't see why my giving my opinion on Rafa should antagonise anyone. Its my honest opinion, I am not trying to wind anyone up.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #126: Mar 07, 2011 12:14:50 pm

Now we've got Suarez and Carroll I would think we'd have a chance of challenging for the top four next season (but are by no means certain to get into it if we don't buy more good players). I think though that any better than sixth with the squad we had this season was always going to be difficult.
      Suarez and Carroll were acquired with the spondoolies generated from the sale of a player who would not have come to the club if Rafa had not been in charge, Torres stated this was indeed the case.
      So thanks to our ex manger we have a superstar in the making and a brick shithouse of a forward oozing potential, do you not think this piece of managerial brilliance conflicts with your agenda of incessant critcism of Benitez and there might be cause to re-examine said agenda?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #127: Mar 07, 2011 12:15:03 pm
      glad to know I am of some use, like me a limp dick  unlike you SHABS.

Pity I can't discuss things with you SHABS.    

Grow up SHABS

Thats better, anyway have I touched a nerve?
      LFCexiled
      Reply #128: Mar 07, 2011 12:17:42 pm
      I am not trying to wind anyone up.

Strange, you do it so well.

You really should think about taking it up professionally. I'm sure Jamie Kenwar needs a writing companion.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #129: Mar 07, 2011 12:19:29 pm
      Thats better, anyway have I touched a nerve?

No, you have just shown what a child you are.

SHATS HIS PANTS
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #130: Mar 07, 2011 12:20:49 pm
      Now Now lads play nice, don't want to see any one get banned. ;D

Rafa by all means is far for from perfect, but he was our most succesfull manager since our ermm current one.

Rafa was a victim of circumstance, he like ourselves was short changed by the owners and had that not occured chances are we'd have won more Trophies and kept up the steady progression we were making under him.

That never occured Rafa is no longer here we have the King, we've moved on, but show the man some respect for every thing he done for the club during his tenure.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #131: Mar 07, 2011 12:21:41 pm

Grow up SHATS

Pair of kids. Give it a rest.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #132: Mar 07, 2011 12:23:36 pm

Grow up SHATS
      Really think this forum is a bit long in the tooth where you're concerned, do you not think a more juvenile format would be appropiate if not for you certainly for the benefit of other posters.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #133: Mar 07, 2011 12:26:40 pm
      Really think this forum is a bit long in the tooth where you're concerned, do you not think a more juvenile format would be appropiate if not for you certainly for the benefit of other posters.

Pity you missed seeing who started the juvenile behavour mate.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #134: Mar 07, 2011 12:36:46 pm
      The Great Rafa Debate: Blame, Lies and Broken Records...
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #135: Mar 07, 2011 01:02:32 pm
      Suarez and Carroll were acquired with the spondoolies generated from the sale of a player who would not have come to the club if Rafa had not been in charge, Torres stated this was indeed the case.
      So thanks to our ex manger we have a superstar in the making and a brick shithouse of a forward oozing potential, do you not think this piece of managerial brilliance conflicts with your agenda of incessant critcism of Benitez and there might be cause to re-examine said agenda?
      Strange how Rafa's net spending dosent seem to be discussed much these days.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #136: Mar 07, 2011 01:28:23 pm

Suarez and Carroll WERE aquired with the money we got for Torres, Torres WAS bought by Rafa, but it doesn't necessarily follow that Rafa should get credit for the fact that Suarez in particular is looking like he might be quite good. If Kenny had bought two sh!t players to replace Torres, it would have been silly to put the blame at Rafas door.

Any criticism on my behalf of Benitez is far from "incessant". 99% of the time I don't even bother discussing him when people are throwing their todgers over their thumbs over his latest press release. I've moved on, and simply because he talks about the club all the time doesn't mean I have to get involved, so I don't. So the majority of the time I stay well clear of the debate, it has long become obvious that a large section of forum users are completely incapable of discussing him without completely losing the plot, so for the most part I don't bother. The other reason I don't bother is that I'm really not that interested, I'm far more interested in what our manager here and now is doing. I'm plenty old enough to remember kenny both as a player and as a manager, and like I keep saying I think people will fairly soon see why he genuinely IS a legend.

And how saying that Rafa is a decent manager who did a decent job is slagging him off I'll never know. I don't put the blame for our relatively weak squad solely at his door (I think the ownership issue had a massive impact on that), and I think by and large he bought fairly well. How pray tell is that slagging him off?

What I do object to is what you have seen on this page, namely posters rounding on anyone who doesn't agree with them, and also the ridiculopus spectacle of Rafa being compared to Bob Paisley. Rafa did a decent job, but I'm sorry that the idea that he wasn't some kind of kind of God riles people up, it just happens to be my opinion. 
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #137: Mar 07, 2011 02:28:21 pm
      We should also send Rafa's rant down to the FA as it would appear it was more of an observation of the truth about UTD and Ferguson than a rant.Still plenty of barbed comments and faint praise on here I see same culprits same views not much changes .There are plenty of us who will spring to Rafa's defense as he is hardly likely to come on here himself is he.......or would he.

Quick Reply