Trending Topics

Fernando Gago (Real Madrid)

Read 16651 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Fernando Gago (Real Madrid)
      Reply #23: Jun 07, 2011 06:48:57 pm
      This is who is being mentioned now as the player now, I thought the player was meant to be Spanish not Argentinan
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #24: Jun 07, 2011 06:50:48 pm
      This is getting confusing. Can't we just have a thread for that announcement? ;D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #25: Jun 07, 2011 06:52:37 pm
      It isn't Gago, the players nationality will be Spanish.

Shame, I think we need to be looking at English players more  :f_tongueincheek:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #26: Jun 07, 2011 06:56:05 pm
      Ya the Joey Bartons and Carlton Coles of this world would be excellant additions being English and ;)
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #27: Jun 09, 2011 03:56:52 am
      Rumor has is he's going back to Argentina, Boca more specifically.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #28: Jun 13, 2011 07:23:44 am
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #29: Jun 13, 2011 10:25:23 am

Villa face Gago fight

13 June 2011

Aston Villa and Liverpool are reportedly set to battle it out for the signature of Real Madrid defensive midfielder Fernando Gago.

Villa were linked with a swoop for the 25-year-old in the January transfer window when Gerard Houllier was still at the helm at Villa Park.

And, while the Frenchman has now departed the club over health issues, the link to Gago has continued to rumble on.

In the meantime Liverpool have emerged as possible suitors for Gago, who has made 92 appearances for Real Madrid but was told by boss Jose Mourinho that he has no future at the Bernabeu due to Xabi Alonso and Samir Khedira's partnership in midfield.

Gago has not discussed his likely destination but, if Liverpool and Villa do make a swoop, it is thought he will favour a move to Anfield and link up with Kenny Dalglish given that Villa still have no manager in the hot-seat.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/06/071/Villa-face-Argentine-fight/gnid-97247/
      redsnake
      • Banned

• 128 posts |
      Reply #30: Jun 13, 2011 11:20:47 am
      Maybe if we sign him he could get us cheap tickets to his sisters pop concerts?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #31: Jun 13, 2011 01:02:23 pm
      Maybe if we sign him he could get us cheap tickets to his sisters pop concerts?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #32: Jun 16, 2011 12:23:46 am

REAL MADRID: LIVERPOOL READY TO GO GAGO

16th June 2011
      By Danny Fullbrook

REAL MADRID last night claimed Liverpool were negotiating with them for £15m-rated Fernando Gago.

But Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is only prepared to pay £10m for the Argentinian midfielder.

Fernando Gago, 25, does not figure in Jose Mourinho’s plans for next season and has been told that he can leave.

Reds director of football Damien Comolli is believed to have already opened talks with Gago’s agent ­ Marcelo Lombilla over the possible move.

Gago is a defensive midfielder who would be a ­direct replacement for Javier Mascherano, who left ­Anfield for Barcelona a year ago.

He would also provide midfield competition for ­Brazilian Lucas.

But after splashing out on Jordan Henderson, ­Liverpool are refusing to meet Madrid’s asking price.

Gago is keen to make the move after speaking to Xabi Alonso and Alvaro Arbeloa about life at Anfield.

Lombilla said: “Gago needs to play and Liverpool would be a perfect club for him, Fernando wants to get back on the pitch and ­return to the top level and at the moment that is not possible in Madrid.”

Liverpool had positive ­reports on Gago ­earlier in the season.

A source at Madrid said last night: “Fernando knows that he has no future at the club.

“There has been interest in the past from some ­Italian clubs and Aston Villa, but Liverpool have shown the most interest.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/196167/Real-Madrid-Liverpool-ready-to-go-Gago/
      newguy
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #33: Jun 16, 2011 01:26:13 am
      i think we are going for the wrong real madrid players.. i think we can land pedro leon or sergio canales at that same price or even less
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #34: Jun 16, 2011 11:55:53 am

Gago's Reds liking
      Agent admits move to Anfield would tempt Argentine

By Graeme Bailey
      Last Updated: June 16, 2011 10:34am

Fernando Gago's agent has admitted that Liverpool would be a good option for him should he leave Real Madrid this summer.

The 25-year-old midfielder has long been linked with a move to England, and both Liverpool and Aston Villa have been credited with an interest in recent weeks.

Gago is currently back in his native Argentina as he prepares for the forthcoming Copa America, but he may not be heading back to Madrid after the tournament.

"Gago needs to play and Liverpool would be a perfect club for him," his agent Marcelo Lombilla is quoted by the Daily Star.

"Fernando wants to get back on the pitch and return to the top level and at the moment that is not possible in Madrid."

But Lombilla is not certain he will leave after he revealed that it was Jose Mourinho who told him not to join Manchester City last season.

Lombilla added: "Last year when we were about to sign with Manchester City, it was Mourinho who demanded that Gago will not go.

"Then he had a series of injuries that prevented him from playing for most of the season and now we have come to this situation."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6991731,00.html
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8510 
      Reply #35: Jun 16, 2011 12:08:22 pm
      Gago's Reds liking
      Agent admits move to Anfield would tempt Argentine

By Graeme Bailey
      Last Updated: June 16, 2011 10:34am

Fernando Gago's agent has admitted that Liverpool would be a good option for him should he leave Real Madrid this summer.

The 25-year-old midfielder has long been linked with a move to England, and both Liverpool and Aston Villa have been credited with an interest in recent weeks.

Gago is currently back in his native Argentina as he prepares for the forthcoming Copa America, but he may not be heading back to Madrid after the tournament.

"Gago needs to play and Liverpool would be a perfect club for him," his agent Marcelo Lombilla is quoted by the Daily Star.

"Fernando wants to get back on the pitch and return to the top level and at the moment that is not possible in Madrid."

But Lombilla is not certain he will leave after he revealed that it was Jose Mourinho who told him not to join Manchester City last season.

Lombilla added: "Last year when we were about to sign with Manchester City, it was Mourinho who demanded that Gago will not go.

"Then he had a series of injuries that prevented him from playing for most of the season and now we have come to this situation."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6991731,00.html

Sky sports quoting the Daily Star, they must be getting desperate.

Can't see it happening.
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #36: Jun 16, 2011 02:32:49 pm
      Hardly excited by this possible signing.
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #37: Jun 16, 2011 03:21:29 pm
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #38: Jun 16, 2011 03:32:00 pm
      I suppose I should clarify I rate Gago but another CM and one that's recently injury prone isn't the first thing we need right now.

Still he's 100 times the player Adam is.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #39: Jun 16, 2011 03:36:41 pm
      Liverpool target eyeing Boca return
      16th Jun 2011 - Transfer Gossip 
      29 CommentsEmailPrintShare ArchiveLFC To Go
      Liverpool and Aston Villa face a battle to sign Real Madrid midfielder Fernando Gago after he revealed he wants to rejoin Boca Juniors.

Most Recent Gossip
      Wing wizard available for £20m
      FA Cup to be sponsored by Budweiser
      Liverpool target eyeing Boca return
      Liverpool move into pole position for…
      Marin snubs offers from Spurs and Liv…
      Gago is set to leave the Bernabeu during the summer and was strongly linked with a move into the Premier League.

The Argentine international has failed to command a regular starting place since Jose Mourinho took charge of the club and is desperate to get his career back on track.

Villa and Liverpool have both been monitoring his progress and were hoping to make their move for the experienced midfielder.

But they will have to act fast after Gago revealed he would love the chance to make a move back to Argentina and play for Boca Juniors once again.

The 25-year-old said: "I know everybody at the club and really feel at home there. It is not easy for me that I am all alone here in Europe and I am eager to return to Argentina.

"We will have to look at my sporting options, but it looks as if I will stay in Europe for now.

"I have a great desire to return to Boca, though. I simply love the jersey and it is very hard to explain my feelings toward the club. It is not just my decision, as a lot depends on what Real Madrid want."

Source: TalkSport

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Author: TalkSport
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #40: Jun 16, 2011 03:54:18 pm

I am not sure about his fitness at the moment, but he would make much more sense for this LFC team than Charlie Adam ... Despite being around forever, he's just turned 25, and could provide perfect cover and competition for Lucas ...
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #41: Jun 16, 2011 03:58:28 pm
      Good midfielder who is used to playing at big clubs (first Boca Juniors, now Real Madrid). One of my good buds is a lifelong Boca fan and loved Gago. I think I'd rather him than Adam, as I think we could use another defensive minded midfielder. I also like his price (if it's 10 million).
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #42: Jun 16, 2011 08:00:39 pm
      Adam,s price is being quoted at 10 million. If we could get Gago for that price then i know who i would sign. Is anybody else suspect on how many midfielders we are either linked to or going to buy. My opinion is that we are either going to off load Miereles, Lucas, Shelvey on loan or maybe Stevie G has had enough and could be playing behind Judas at Chelsea next season.........ooooh i bet thats got everyone stand to attencion.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,138 posts | 4893 
      Reply #43: Jun 16, 2011 08:06:30 pm
      Adam,s price is being quoted at 10 million. If we could get Gago for that price then I know who I would sign.

I'd still have Adam ahead of Gago to be honest.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #44: Jun 17, 2011 07:43:57 am
      Should we take an unproven midfielder just because his name is fernando or charlie adam, one of the best players in the league last year
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #45: Jun 17, 2011 08:03:11 am
      Should we take an unproven midfielder just because his name is fernando or charlie adam, one of the best players in the league last year

A player with 30 caps for Argentina is hardly unproven ...

Quick Reply