Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Fernando Gago (Real Madrid)

Read 16711 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: Fernando Gago (Real Madrid)
      Reply #46: Jun 17, 2011 08:24:49 am
      Unproven in the PL
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #47: Jun 17, 2011 11:35:33 am
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #48: Jun 17, 2011 11:57:48 am

Looks like a crimewatch identity parade.

Crimes against LFC.
      RedtillDead
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #49: Jun 17, 2011 12:45:53 pm
      Looks like a crimewatch identity parade.

Crimes against LFC.

:lmao:
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #50: Jun 17, 2011 03:11:17 pm

Liverpool FC unlikely to move for Real Madrid midfielder Fernando Gago

by Neil Jones, Liverpool Daily Post
          Jun 17 2011

LIVERPOOL are unlikely to make a move for Fernando Gago – despite the player’s agent opening the door to a switch to Anfield.

The Argentine midfielder is expected to leave Spanish giants Real Madrid this summer, after failing to secure a regular place in Jose Mourinho’s starting line-up.

A host of clubs had been linked with the 25-year-old, with Aston Villa and Tottenham also credited with an interest.

But though Gago’s representative, Marcelo Lombilla, claimed yesterday that a move to Merseyside would be a “perfect” option for his client, the Daily Post understands that Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has no interest in the former Boca Juniors man, and is pursuing other targets in what has already been a busy summer at Anfield.

Lombilla said: “Gago needs to play and Liverpool would be a perfect club for him.

“Fernando wants to get back on the pitch and return to the top level and at the moment that is not possible in Madrid.”

Gago joined Real in 2007, and has made more than 100 appearances at the Santiago Bernabeu. He is currently back in his home country, preparing for next month’s Copa America.

He himself has hinted that he would be willing to consider a move back to former club Boca, though admits he is likely to remain in Europe for the time being.

Gago said: “I know everybody at the club and really feel at home there. It is not easy for me that I am all alone here in Europe and I am eager to return to Argentina.

“We will have to look at my sporting options, but it looks as if I will stay in Europe for now.

“I have a great desire to return to Boca, though. I simply love the jersey and it is very hard to explain my feelings toward the club. It is not just my decision, as a lot depends on what Real Madrid want.”

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/06/17/liverpool-fc-unlikely-to-move-for-real-madrid-midfielder-fernando-gago-92534-28892916/
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #51: Jun 17, 2011 03:50:35 pm
      Gago would be a better signing then adam. He is when fit a pretty good player
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #52: Jun 17, 2011 04:26:29 pm
      While I think Gago would be a decent signing (better than Adam IMO) I don't exactly think we need any more CM's.

There is one major positive that I am taking from this report, and that is that we are unwilling to meed Madrid's asking price of 15 million, and are only willing to offer 10.  This seems to be a theme in many of our transfers at the moment, and I think it could be an intelligent business/negotiating tactic by Dalglish, Comolli, and the owners.  I don't believe for one second that we do not have a decent transfer kitty available, so perhaps we are opening negotiations with false targets right now to show that we will not be taken for a ride on fees.  Then, we can switch our sights to our preferred targets.  This may help prove to other clubs that we will look elsewhere if they try to overprice the players that we are after.  We saw this with the Suarez transfer..... we talked Ajax down in their valuation of him, and we still got our man in the end! 
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #53: Jun 17, 2011 04:48:48 pm

Your point?

I did not say every England based player would be sucessful at Anfield.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #54: Jun 17, 2011 05:42:17 pm
      Konchesky has a funny shaped head, he looks like an alien.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #55: Jun 17, 2011 05:55:59 pm
      I did not say every England based player would be sucessful at Anfield.

Nope, you've never said that ... You've said that Fernando Gago is Premier League unproven, and I've replied by posting the pictures of 3 Premier League proven players that we have signed recently ...
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #56: Jun 17, 2011 09:50:17 pm
      A player with 30 caps for Argentina is hardly unproven ...

Aye but has he played against West Ham, Blackburn and Stoke last season?

We need to swerve Aguero, Mata, Zapata etc because they're not prem proven.

Carlton Cole, Zoltan Gera and Matty Upson is clearly the way to go!
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #57: Jun 18, 2011 07:25:28 am
      Nevermind he's unproven or not, we shouldn't take any Madrid or other top club rejects! We're no Everton!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #58: Jun 18, 2011 11:35:39 am
      Nevermind he's unproven or not, we shouldn't take any Madrid or other top club rejects! We're no Everton!

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #59: Jun 19, 2011 12:54:01 pm
      Rumors he's having a medical on Monday.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #60: Jun 19, 2011 01:00:50 pm
      Rumors he's having a medical on Monday.

Well, I hope that is true and he will pass the medical, since he is a very talented player who would improve our squad ...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #61: Jun 19, 2011 01:02:09 pm
      Like I said its only a rumor, don't know if there is any truth in it.

But I'd be happy enough with that, if it is indeed true.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #62: Jun 19, 2011 01:04:08 pm
      Yeah I'd be happy enough with this, if true.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #63: Jun 19, 2011 01:06:06 pm
      Gago + Lucas giving each other some very healthy competition for the DM role, can only be a good thing.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #64: Jun 19, 2011 01:09:29 pm
      Just found this.

Real Madrid defender Fernando Gago headed to Liverpool, agent confirms

Real Madrid defender Fernando Gago headed to Liverpool, agent confirms

Liverpool are currently favourites to sign Fernando Gago, the 25-year-old Real Madrid midfielder who has been linked with a move away from the Santiago Bernabeu this summer.

Liverpool have been one of the most active Premier League sides in the summer transfer window so far, having already signed Sunderland midfielder Jordan Henderson for £16 million.

They now have their sights set on Gago, the Argentinean defensive midfielder who is set to make a move away after falling out of favour with Madrid boss Jose Mourinho.

In the 2010-2011 season, Gago went on to make only seven appearances, four in the La Liga and three in the Copa del Rey.

That was a step down from the previous seasons, where he had managed 42, 33 and 22 appearances in all competitions from his second season onward, respectively.

The defender is desperate for regular first team football, which is why he has decided to leave the Spanish giants.

The player’s agent confirmed that his client had entered talks with Liverpool and it was only matter of time before the deal was concluded.

Gago’s agent said while speaking to reporters:

“Gago needs to play and Liverpool would be a perfect club for him, Fernando wants to get back on the pitch and return to the top level and at the moment that is not possible in Madrid.”

There has also been talk at Real Madrid about the player leaving, with Aston Villa and Liverpool both being cited as possible destinations.

A source close to the club revealed:

“Fernando knows that he has no future at the club.

There has been interest in the past from some Italian clubs and Aston Villa, but Liverpool have shown the most interest.”

However, it seems highly unlikely that Gago will sign with Aston Villa. He is close to signing with the Reds, who are on a mission to strengthen their squad this summer.

Having finished at a disappointing sixth place finish in the English Premier League table last season, they are determined to return to winning ways.

Liverpool kick off their season against Sunderland at Anfield on 13th August, after which they will travel to the Emirates Stadium to take on Arsenal.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #65: Jun 19, 2011 01:10:31 pm
      Seem's he want's to come to us. Better than a player who will only settle for us as nobody else is bothered in him? Surprised if 'Arry Kneecap isn't on in the morning saying.................. ........................ ...............blah,blah we went for him but?
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #66: Jun 19, 2011 01:13:00 pm
      Only worry I have are his injuries, other than that he's class. Very much like Alonso in the way he can control the pace of a game.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #67: Jun 19, 2011 01:17:21 pm
      Hope this one is true. I,m sick of us constantly being linked to Charlie Adam and nothing seems to happen ( considering this signing was suposed to be nailed on ). Gago is a much better player and if we can get him for 10 million i,d be happy as a pig in sh*t.
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #68: Jun 19, 2011 01:36:51 pm
      Hope this one is true. I,m sick of us constantly being linked to Charlie Adam and nothing seems to happen ( considering this signing was suposed to be nailed on ). Gago is a much better player and if we can get him for 10 million I,d be happy as a pig in sh*t.

Comparing Adam and Gago is akin to comparing Darren Bent and David Villa. I don't care how proven Bent is or how many goals he scores in the prem, he's not David Villa!

Quick Reply