Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Jeffren Suarez (Barcelona)

Read 21294 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Jeffren Suarez (Barcelona)
      Mar 07, 2011 04:54:34 pm
      Liverpool Look to Improve Attacking Options With £6m Rated Barcelona Winger Jeffren

Liverpool’s director of football Damien Comolli is reportedly interested in pursuing a deal to sign Barcelona winger Jeffren Suarez. The 23 year old winger is a bit part player at the Nou Camp and may well be looking at future options with his contract at the Catalan giants set to run out in less than 18 months.

The Merseyside club were linked with a move for Jeffren’s club colleagues Bojan and Ibrahim Afellay but a move for the Venezuelan born former Spanish Under 21 international may prove more realistic.

Pep Guardiola may be open to offers for the tricky winger as it seems he is by no means a crucial part of the club’s long term plans having been overtaken in the race for a first team place by Pedro as well as the aforementioned Bojan and Afellay.

Comolli has previously dealt with Barcelona on the move that saw Mexican international Giovani move to Tottenham, a deal that at the time was seen as something of a coup for the White Hart Lane club but has proven to be something of a damp squib after Harry Redknapp’s arrival at the North London club seemingly ended his chances of progress at the club.

Liverpool could do with more natural wide options having seen the likes of Milan Jovanovic, Maxi and Joe Cole fail to inspire and whilst Dirk Kuyt is a hard working presence at the club he showed again this weekend that he still has a lot to offer in his former role as a striker.

The Anfield side could well land Jeffren for a fee in the region of £6m, after all the player in question has made just 17 La Liga appearances since his debut for the club in November 2006 and this term has racked up just 71 minutes of first team football across all competitions.

Seen him play only once so I have no idea of his ability. Good second name though.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Jeffren Suarez (Barcelona)
      Reply #1: Mar 07, 2011 06:10:50 pm
      6 million for a lad who has played 17 games in 5 years? right.....
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #2: Mar 07, 2011 06:22:44 pm
      I've only seen him play like a couple of times and I think he got the 5th goal against Real Madrid. I don't think we should go for a player his age that hardly plays for Barcelona. Even Bojan gets more games than him.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3: Mar 07, 2011 06:39:59 pm
      Comparing him to Gio Dos Santos is a perfect comparison in my opinion. Overrated being a Barca product. I'd pass...
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #4: Mar 07, 2011 06:53:11 pm
      the player in question has made just 17 La Liga appearances since his debut for the club in November 2006 and this term has racked up just 71 minutes of first team football across all competitions.

Says it all right there...
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #5: Mar 07, 2011 10:11:21 pm
      He also plays for Barca which has quality from the first team down to 4 rows down on the reserves bench.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #6: Mar 07, 2011 10:12:40 pm
      No way do I want this lad, we want to be competing with Barc for players not signing there rejects
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #7: Mar 07, 2011 10:21:18 pm
      Can you imagine if we had him in the team next time we played the mancs 2 suarez up front

Old whiskey-nose would sh*t himself(& not just cos of his age)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3894 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Jeffren (Barcelona)
      Reply #8: Mar 21, 2011 11:53:13 am
      Reds eye Barca starlet
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11833_6828020,00.html
      Dalglish linked with Spanish winger

By Francisco Acedo   Last updated: 21st March 2011   

Liverpool are interested in Barcelona winger Jeffren and could be mulling over a summer move, according to reports in Spain.

The 23-year-old Venezuelan-born Spanish wide-man is currently down Barca's pecking order due to the wealth of talent at head coach Pep Guardiola's fingertips.

Jeffren is contracted to the Camp Nou outfit until the summer of 2012 and it remains to be seen whether he will spend another season battling for a first-team place.

Barcelona are believed to seek a fee in the region of €10million (£8.7m) for the starlet's services, although they could settle for €8m (£6.9m) to strike a deal.

He admits it his aim to succeed with the Catalan giants, although he remains open-minded about the possibility of furthering his career away from the club.

"It's not easy to succeed in Barcelona, but it's my dream," said Jeffren.

"If the club decides that I am not needed then it's understandable to consider my options."

Could just be player/agent flagging for a move
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Jeffren (Barcelona)
      Reply #9: Mar 21, 2011 11:56:00 am
      No thanks he is a worse player then G Dos Santos and we know how "successful" he has been in the English game.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3894 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #10: Mar 21, 2011 11:59:32 am
      No thanks he is a worse player then G Dos Santos and we know how "successful" he has been in the English game.
      That'd be a no then
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #11: Mar 21, 2011 03:50:46 pm
      He's sh*t. We dodn't need him.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #12: Mar 21, 2011 03:53:38 pm
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3894 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #13: Mar 21, 2011 03:55:09 pm

I checked all the way back to the locked threads in transfers and then thought I was clear.
      My bad
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #14: Mar 21, 2011 09:01:37 pm
      A big no from me, would be a squad player at Liverpool as well, has played only something like 23 times in 5 years there, says it all really
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #15: Mar 22, 2011 01:26:52 am
      A big no from me, would be a squad player at Liverpool as well, has played only something like 23 times in 5 years there, says it all really

He is competing with Lionel Messi though ;)

But no. 10m could get us a very good left back as opposed to a gamble on the wing.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16: Mar 22, 2011 02:41:01 am
      If we had all of our positions filled and we was looking for a good squad player to make some sort of an impact from the bench then i wouldn't mind him but we need 2 quality wingers before we even attempt to sign Jeffren and i don't think anybody has to tell Kenny twice unless he knows something about Jeffren not that not many other people do.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #17: Mar 22, 2011 05:07:23 am
      £6m for a squad winger isn't bad though...I'd say yes, but then again I'd say yes to any winger considering we currently have zero in the first team.

He's shown flashes of brilliance, but with no competitive match fitness there's only so much he can show.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #18: Mar 22, 2011 08:20:17 am
      We all dream of a team of Suarez's?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #19: Mar 22, 2011 08:22:43 am
      We all dream of a team of Suarez's?

Hahahaha!

The only think great about Jeffren is his 2nd name.

But no, please. He's like 23 years old and since making his debut in 2006, he has only gone to make a futher 28 appearances, in 5 years!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #20: Mar 22, 2011 10:03:32 am
      This is the one position in the Summer I don't want to gamble on, we need quality
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #21: Mar 22, 2011 12:30:04 pm
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #22: May 17, 2011 05:59:24 pm
       Liverpool blow as Barcelona youngster wants Nou Camp stay

Barcelona youngster Jeffren is set to snub a summer move to Liverpool in a bid to make his name at the Nou Camp.

The 23-year-old has been linked with a move to Liverpool who are set for a £50million summer spending spree, according to reports.

Old Firm duo Rangers and Celtic were also keen on bringing the Venezuela-born forward to the SPL on loan but Jeffren insists he wants to stay at Barcelona despite his lack of first-team football.

"I do not want to go because I want to succeed in this club," said Jeffren, who has started just three La Liga games this season.

"I hope to have more minutes on the pitch and my biggest wish is to remain at Barca."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/7497/7/liverpool-blow-barcelona-youngster-wants-nou-camp-stay

Quick Reply