Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Paulo Henrique Lima (Ganso)

Read 11067 times
      LFCexiled
      Paulo Henrique Lima (Ganso)
      Mar 07, 2011 07:56:53 pm
      Another piece of speculation, take as you please:

Liverpool and Tottenham transfer target Ganso: 10 things you need to know about the Brazilian ace!

Paulo 'Ganso' Henrique Lima. He has thumbs.

1) Being Brazilian, he is of course referred to by his nickname, Ganso, as opposed to Paulo Henrique Lima and he was born on 12 October 1989 in Ananindeua, Brazil.

2) Former Brazilian international Giovanni, himself a former Santos player, spotted Ganso and took him to youth side Tuna Luso - where he began his own career.

3) At 15 he joined Paysandu, but less than a year later he was snapped up by Santos.

4) Standing just over 6ft, Ganso is said to possess the gracefulness France attacking midfield legend Zinedine Zidane had, which rather unsurprisingly has led to the Brazilian Zindane labels.

5) Ganso is currently with Santos and, along with team-mate Neymar, is considered one of the hottest prospects in South America.

6) Left footed, he also has an eye for goal but assisting his team-mates goals is more his forte as his vision is superb.

7) With Santos, he has already won the Campeonato Paulista – the Brazilian league - as well as the domestic knockout competition, the Brazil Cup.

8) Last August, he made his international bow with Brazil along with fellow Santos starlet Neymar in the 2-0 away win against the United States.

9) Shortly after his debut for Brazil, his progression was temporarily halted when an injury to his left knee in a match against Gremio ruled him out of action for six months.

10) News that he reckons he's up to the challenges of Premier League football is good news for Tottenham and Liverpool, who have been reportedly watching him. He said: “I would prefer to play in Spain but I think I would also succeed in England where the soccer is faster, I think I would fit in well there.”

Paulo Henrique Lima - Ganso - The next Zidane 2009/2010 | HD | NEW |

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/2011-03-07/liverpool-and-tottenham-transfer-target-ganso-10-things-you-need-know-about-brazilian-ace
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Re: Paulo Henrique Lima (Ganso)
      Reply #1: Mar 07, 2011 08:27:00 pm
      would be an amazing signing, but all the signs is that he will most likely end up with Milan

and ;D @ tottenham again
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #2: Mar 07, 2011 08:29:06 pm
      Inter Milian are defiantly favorites. Don't think we have a chance of getting him.

Great talent tho, will never be as good as Zidane! 
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #3: Mar 07, 2011 09:35:14 pm
      Isn't DiegoLFC our brazilian scout  ;)?!
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #4: Mar 07, 2011 09:42:33 pm
      Wonderful player, but I'd rather have Neymar.  Ganso plays in the #10 role, and between Stevie, Raul, and Cole we are already covered in this position.  Neymar would give us an option as a striker who can also operate in a wide role.  However, they are both going to be way overpriced, so we most likely won't get either one  :(
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #5: Mar 07, 2011 10:08:39 pm
      Be a massive sign of content if we nailed one of the top young talents in the world.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #6: Mar 07, 2011 10:12:16 pm
      Wonderful player, but I'd rather have Neymar.  Ganso plays in the #10 role, and between Stevie, Raul, and Cole we are already covered in this position.  Neymar would give us an option as a striker who can also operate in a wide role.  However, they are both going to be way overpriced, so we most likely won't get either one  :(

Don't think Cole can lay claim anymore. He has yet to prove himself. Also, Stevie is getting old.

I've only seen him in bits, but I've heard amazing things about him. I'd welcome him, though by all accounts he's earmarked for Italy.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7: Mar 08, 2011 12:16:55 am
      Heard an awful lot about this guy but never seen him play. All the talk about him is that he has the potential to become a modern day great.

Lets hope it is with Liverpool.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #8: Mar 08, 2011 01:33:05 am
      Inter Milian are defiantly favorites. Don't think we have a chance of getting him.

Great talent tho, will never be as good as Zidane! 

I'm not saying he's going to be as good as Zidane, but how can you say that? How many times have you actually seen him play?

Ganso is just fantastic. His football brain is so amazing, he's always way ahead of the other players, finding space when there's so little, picking a brilliant pass or scoring a good amount of goals. He's gonna be something special that's for sure. I'd have taken him to the World Cup last year, I think that says a lot about how high I rate him. A classic number 10, to play in the free hole behind the striker(s), pretty much like Van der Vaart has been playing for Tottenham. He could do a brilliant job for us there. He was linked to Italian clubs a lot in the last few weeks, he is even supposed to have said he was "ready for Italy", but that was probably him just trying to get the new contract he deserved, which he got recently.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #9: Mar 08, 2011 05:21:29 am
      Liverpool and Tottenham transfer target Ganso: 10 things you need to know about the Brazilian ace!
      7) With Santos, he has already won the Campeonato Paulista – the Brazilian league - as well as the domestic knockout competition, the Brazil Cup.
      Only saw this now, it's so wrong that you can't really take the rest of the article seriously. Anyone with just one little bit of knowledge on Brazilian football (or someone who simply did a google research) will be able to tell you the Campeonato Paulista is not the Brazilian league, but the São Paulo State championship.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #10: Mar 08, 2011 07:16:00 am
      Think they were listing what he's won. The Campeonato, the Brazilian league as well as the Brazil Cup.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #11: Mar 08, 2011 02:39:30 pm
      It would be wrong anyway, because he never won the Brazilian league.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #12: Mar 08, 2011 02:48:09 pm
      It would be wrong anyway, because he never won the Brazilian league.

Oh then yeah, article is sh*t  :lmao:
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #13: Mar 09, 2011 05:53:35 pm
      Neymar and Ganzo are the two best brazilian prospects. 
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #14: Mar 09, 2011 06:00:53 pm

Doesn't turn out half bad says FM  :f_tongueincheek:
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #15: Mar 09, 2011 06:10:47 pm
      I'm not saying he's going to be as good as Zidane, but how can you say that? How many times have you actually seen him play?

Ganso is just fantastic. His football brain is so amazing, he's always way ahead of the other players, finding space when there's so little, picking a brilliant pass or scoring a good amount of goals. He's gonna be something special that's for sure. I'd have taken him to the World Cup last year, I think that says a lot about how high I rate him. A classic number 10, to play in the free hole behind the striker(s), pretty much like Van der Vaart has been playing for Tottenham. He could do a brilliant job for us there. He was linked to Italian clubs a lot in the last few weeks, he is even supposed to have said he was "ready for Italy", but that was probably him just trying to get the new contract he deserved, which he got recently.

I've sen Zidane plenty of times to form an opinion of him. I haven't seen Ganso much, about 7-8 times but he isn't the first to be compared to Zidane. He's also playing in the very poor league. So I still stand by my comment that he'll never be as good as Zidane. Still a fantastic player with fantastic potential.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #16: Mar 09, 2011 06:15:05 pm
      The chance of a player being better than Zidane is very small, considering how good the French was, so the bigger probability is that you're correct, obviously. But stating how good a player you have hardly seen play will be is just pretentious.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #17: Mar 09, 2011 06:16:17 pm
      If diego thinks a Brazilian has great potential that is good enough for me
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #18: Mar 09, 2011 07:03:40 pm
      Talksport is more like Talkshit.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #19: Mar 11, 2011 01:30:35 am
      How compare him to our Suso anybody ?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20: Mar 11, 2011 01:33:37 am
      Suso is a kid, Ganso is already a Brazilian international, I don't think it's fair to compare them.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #21: Mar 11, 2011 08:59:32 am
      Id take him it would beat watching un inventive sh*t like last night
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #22: Mar 12, 2011 02:26:27 am
      Suso is a kid, Ganso is already a Brazilian international, I don't think it's fair to compare them.

Accepted that Diego mate, but I just want to know we here think is there a chance Susu can develop to similar level of Ganso ? Because I think it's less chance we can sign this Brazilian star.

Quick Reply