Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Luis Suarez - a one off.

Read 8811 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Luis Suarez - a one off.
      Mar 08, 2011 12:19:28 am
      Was in the alehouse earlier tonight and the question of who in Liverpools illustrious past compares with Luis Suarez?
      After much deliberation Peter Beardsley was suggested, Ian Rush was also considered. Personally Kevin Keegan stands out for me as a good comparison not foregoing the fact that the lad is very possibly a one off.

« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2011 12:26:08 am by stuey »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,646 posts | 6942 
      Re: Luis Suarez - a one off.
      Reply #1: Mar 08, 2011 12:30:32 am
      Quicker feet than Keegan.

If I had to pick one player, after only a few games playing for us, I'd say he reminds me more of Peter Beardsley than any of our other number 7's.

However - it is very early days for Suarez, and comparing him with others is something we all like to do, but probably not right to do.

RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #2: Mar 08, 2011 12:37:16 am
      Agree with the comparisons,but the man is unique,he could possibly prove to be our best signing in many years,the gobs***e included.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #3: Mar 08, 2011 12:38:08 am
      Quicker feet than Keegan.

If I had to pick one player, after only a few games playing for us, I'd say he reminds me more of Peter Beardsley than any of our other number 7's.

However - it is very early days for Suarez, and comparing him with others is something we all like to do, but probably not right to do.

It is possibly presumptuous  to make comparisons at this stage of the game, much rather  go with the one off theory.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #4: Mar 08, 2011 12:51:34 am
      Now we have a player,who can take on and go past players,at close quarters,to provide "assists",and also score goals.Better than Keegan IMO.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #5: Mar 08, 2011 12:55:57 am
      The Official LFC Reds Knee Jerk Thread? :D

He's just started, let's not lose our heads...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #6: Mar 08, 2011 01:01:20 am

What we've seen so far can only promote a sense of delerium.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7: Mar 08, 2011 01:27:14 am

Let's pump the brakes. He has been great so far and has all the potential, but to say he's better than Keegan at this point is a stretch. 4 games in the shirt versus over 200. Unless you're talking about his skill, in which case I can't argue since I've only seen highlights of Keegan  :f_whistle:
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #8: Mar 08, 2011 01:30:00 am

Comments not based on one performance,he exhibits qualities that we have not seen for many years at the club.Knee jerk my arse.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #9: Mar 08, 2011 01:39:08 am
      Comments not based on one performance,he exhibits qualities that we have not seen for many years at the club.Knee jerk my arse.
      Qualities we have not seen in many,many,many years.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 258 
      Reply #10: Mar 08, 2011 03:07:52 am
      The best number 7 since Beardsley and as far as watch him I'd say he has determination of Dalglish and some skill of Barnes. But I don't think he's similar style of Beardsley.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #11: Mar 08, 2011 06:43:27 am
      Has the potential to be ourbest no.7 for years. If he gets as good as a.ny of those mentioned and helps us win things he will be a legend.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #12: Mar 08, 2011 08:10:45 am
      The early signs are very promising. He is that bit of X Factor our team has been crying out for in the past 10-15 years.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,446 posts | 4584 
      Reply #13: Mar 08, 2011 08:35:47 am
      A one off? I go with that. The lad has all the qualities in his locker which im pretty sure he will unleash in time, 4 games and the hunger and desire are all evident to see, he was addicted against the mancs his sole mission was to seek and destroy and he executed well.

What he acheived at ajax is phenomanel and im sure he will continue in this vien, I cant wait till the summer to see his supporting act because we are gonna be awesome.
      « Last Edit: Mar 08, 2011 10:24:36 am by Shabs »
      sirignano
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #14: Mar 08, 2011 08:56:58 am
      i was born in '93, no player ive witnessed in red has had the qualities of Suarez.

but i'm missing out on many quality number 7's so my opinion doest count here!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #15: Mar 08, 2011 09:10:11 am
      i was born in '93, no player ive witnessed in red has had the qualities of Suarez.

but i'm missing out on many quality number 7's so my opinion doesn't count here!
      Yes it does, it's hardly your fault you're young. Considering how few games Suarez has played for us though, it wouldn't take you long to find enough clips of former players in order to make comparisons.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #16: Mar 08, 2011 09:13:45 am
      If I had to choose a player he reminds me of, it would be Beardsley, but like most have said he looks good enough to be a top player in his own right and has the chance to create his own legend rather than just comparing him to our greats.

Totally impressed with him so far.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #17: Mar 08, 2011 10:13:25 am
      I think it would be unfair for me to make comparisons because the only number 7s I've seen are Harry Kewell and Robbie Keane.

In his four appearances in the league, Suarez has performed brilliantly in all and to be really honest, I have not seen much of him at Ajax but he's better than I thought he was!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #18: Mar 08, 2011 10:31:01 am
      As JD said earlier the lad does have fast feet and that's where comparisons to Beardsley,Keegan whoever falls away, in that sense he could potentially be unique - a one off.
      It's good to get carried away with the lad's talents and what is a hoot is the way in which the usual arseholes point to the fact that the scum's defence was considerably weakened on Sunday with Charlie Ferdinand and the other dirty b***ard Evra being missing!!! How much fun would it have been to see them both totally humiliated by Luis Suarez no doubt there would have been more tears on the pitch as he exposed their weaknesses.
      sarbz
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts |
      Reply #19: Mar 08, 2011 10:31:30 am
      Because he was an amazing dribbler, I could make comparisons of Luis to the man with the multiple M's. He definitely has a better shot than him though. I'm sure if he stays long enough he will score more than he ever did before he shoved off.

I must confess, I did not think Luis would be a good fit at our club. I told anyone who would listen that if we got him we should not spend more than 15 mil euros. I did not want another expensive flop. I am so glad he has made me eat my words ever since his Stoke debut.

I think what threw me is when I watched him during the World Cup I did not see the Luis we are seeing right now. He was basically a fox in the box for Diego Forlan to pass to if he could not get a shot off, to me he was Forlan's offsider and was a backup man if Forlan ever got injured or suspended.

Has anyone else (who doesn't watch Ajax regularly) been taken aback by his sublime footwork and ability to come back and link up with our defenders to start attacking moves and his sharp, tricky one touches? I know South Americans are always very gifted technically but jesus this guy is dynamite.

Please continue to make me eat humble pie again and again Senor Suarez
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,254 posts | 4932 
      Reply #20: Mar 08, 2011 10:33:24 am
      Might be unfair to start comparing Suarez with some of our best number 7's but I don't think it would faze the lad at all.

For me he looks like he will be the best since Peter Beardsley and the player he most reminds of.
      kornwall02
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts |
      Reply #21: Mar 08, 2011 10:44:15 am
      this will sound very knee jerk but i can honestly see this guy being better for us than the chelsea lady boy was! I know its only 4 games but look what he has done! Torres might score more but luiz will contribute a hell of a lot more to the team as a whole. Assists, hold up play, spacial awareness. Enthusiasm, leadership! Now i know torres had some of those qualities but that was 3 years ago when he could be bothered. The futures bright. The futures luiz! Oh and i think he is fowlers and beardsleys love child.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #22: Mar 08, 2011 10:49:36 am

I didn't say they were based on one performance, he had half an hour against Stoke, the full 90 vs Wigan and West ham and 89mins against the Scum. He hasn't played the minutes equivalent of 4 games yet!

I'm well impressed with Suarez so far too laa but Keegan played over 300 times for Liverpool and scored 100 goals! The man who it took to replace Keegan was the club's greatest ever player!

Keep things in perspective here folks, when FSG (NESV) took over, the key phrase throughout all the interviews was: "under-promise and over-deliver" By all means give Suarez all the plaudits he deserves but comparing him to KK after 4 apps? Too much too soon.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #23: Mar 08, 2011 11:02:51 am
      I didn't say they were based on one performance, he had half an hour against Stoke, the full 90 vs Wigan and West ham and 89mins against the Scum. He hasn't played the minutes equivalent of 4 games yet!

Keep things in perspective here folks, when FSG (NESV) took over, the key phrase throughout all the interviews was: "under-promise and over-deliver" By all means give Suarez all the plaudits he deserves but comparing him to KK after 4 apps? Too much too soon.
      No comparison with Kenny whatsoever in fact I personally would never ever contemplate the premise after 4 games or 40.
      Kenny Dalglish was a one off and defies comparison in the same way that Suarez is shaping up but most importantly as individual footballers they have completely different styles.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #24: Mar 08, 2011 11:28:57 am
      Aldo describes him having the balance and pace of Kevin Keegan and the way he backs into defenders with his backside as Kenny Dalglish.

It's a player displaying both elements of equalities of the two legends!
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #25: Mar 08, 2011 11:55:28 am
      well no two players are alike, so yes, he is a one-off.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #26: Mar 08, 2011 01:38:50 pm
      he comes to work every day you can tell he loves to play. really hard to say how he will pan out as he will get a lot of attention from the thugs in the game. just wonder how durable he is felt torres was very good then the injuries started. then rafa played him when he was injured no player is worth playing if he is injured. after that his work rate started to drop off, followed by moodiness and sulking.luis at the moment is worth 100 million,think it wont be long before real madrid come knocking.   
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #27: Mar 08, 2011 01:55:46 pm
          ^     ^     ^
      Off topic here briefly but when the hell did Rafa play Torres when he was injured? He had an ongoing battle with the Spanish national coach who continually requested his services while the player was recovering from an injury or being nursed by his own team after taking knocks or maybe you are confusing Rafa with the Spanish national coach after all they are both Spanish.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #28: Mar 08, 2011 01:59:14 pm
      Without wishing to get over excited after 3 games I'm confident Suarez is going to score a lot of goals and contribute a lot of assists wherever he plays, so we're lucky to have him here and I think that'll be shown not only with moments like Sunday of pure genius, but also in the stats at the end of each season.

We haven't even seen the best of him yet.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #29: Mar 08, 2011 02:19:05 pm
      He's any angry, technically gifted version of Kuyt. I mean that in a good way. Work rate aligned to ability. Fantastic
      LFCexiled
      Reply #30: Mar 08, 2011 02:20:54 pm
      After watching the send off that Ajax gave him I'd say that they were quite fond of him and thought he was quite special. I think he has the potential to become a one-off and i think that Andy Carroll can help him become a one off. I'm also of the opinion that that can work vice versa for Andy and Luis can help him achieve status as one of the best in the world.

One thing I'm damn sure of is that they have both come to the best club at the best time possible in their careers, the future is bright for those two men and in years to come they'll be sitting in their trophy rooms at home looking at all the photo's, shirts and medals from winning finals, grinning like Cheshire Cats at their Careers at Anfield.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #31: Mar 08, 2011 02:24:28 pm
          ^    ^    ^
      Not sure about the Runcorn cat description mate.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #32: Mar 08, 2011 02:28:18 pm
      He's any angry, technically gifted version of Kuyt. I mean that in a good way. Work rate aligned to ability. Fantastic

Indeed, I agree. Made this comparison before. He's a skillful Kuyt and that is an excellent thing. After all, the only thing stopping Kuyt from being a world beater is a lack of some natural ability, which Suarez has in bags. And he's got a lot of bags.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #33: Mar 08, 2011 02:36:27 pm
          ^    ^    ^
      Not sure about the Runcorn cat description mate.

You saying there's no similarity Stu?

;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #34: Mar 08, 2011 03:04:46 pm
      You saying there's no similarity Stu?

;D
      Hahaha astounding similarity mate.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #35: Mar 08, 2011 03:35:34 pm
      Far far to early for comparisons but by god is he exciting?, Beardsley is the closest i suppose to compare with but Luis is Luis and Quasi was Quasi, and what a player he was, how many defences did he unlock or split open over the years, but then again its a different type of game now and styles differ, while Beardsley was the best at that time Suarez could prove to be the best now and into the future, 4 games in and its easy to see why we're all getting excited, his dribble for the first on Sunday was sublime and if he can do things like that then defences up and down the land will be bricking it everytime he receives the ball, especially in the box, do they tackle or leave him to weave his way to goal, a awesome attacking prospect and one i would have try all day long, it's looking Fookin good PPL, we're rising like the phoenix, we have the belief, the confidence, the staff are steadily being put into place, the King will have a more permanent berth very soon, we are virtually debt free and have owners willing to back the transfer fund, its happening PPL this is just the start, and i cant f***in wait, this time next year we will be sat top of the pile, thats my committment, my belief, my question is ....Do you beleive ??
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #36: Mar 08, 2011 04:42:08 pm
      yes watched the videos on you tube before transfer was made complete.you couldnt help to get excited about his skills,  this guy is a workhorse never stops. has real passion for the game, so knew he would exceed expectations. wonder if there will be chemistry between carroll and luis. does luis have good english languauge skills? 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,373 posts | 2821 
      Reply #37: Mar 08, 2011 04:47:31 pm
      Let's just let him fulfill his so obvious potential.

He has blown us away in 3 and a bit games and he says his best is still to come. Let's just let him settle down, welcome him into our city and support him and watch him flourish into one of the world's finest attackers.

I'm not going to compare to others, but what I saw on Sunday, was outstanding. It's been a hell of a long time since one man has lit up Anfield quite like that and that's including a certain Chelsea forward.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #38: Mar 08, 2011 05:38:28 pm
      Luis Suarez tells Liverpool FC fans there's much more to come

Luis Suarez - In the wrong shirt

Luis Suarez has vowed there is even more to come from him after an encouraging start to his time with Liverpool FC.

Despite scoring just once for the Reds - on his debut - the Uruguay striker has impressed with his performances, including a stellar show in Sunday’s 3-1 win over Manchester United in the Barclays Premier League.

But, with Liverpool out of the FA Cup and the player ineligible for the Europa League, his chances to play regularly are presently slim.

He says there is more to come from him, though, once he gets the chance to have a regular run in the team.

"It is very difficult for me to play one week and then have to wait two for the next chance," he said.

"I am playing one game and then there is not another game I can play for a long time, and so it is hard for me to get to the right level physically.

"I think it will take some time before the fans get the best of me.

"It is great for a new player to have the support of the public like I did (against United). It was fantastic."

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/liverpool-fc/2011/03/08/luis-suarez-tells-liverpool-fc-fans-there-s-much-more-to-come-55578-28300034/
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,848 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #39: Mar 08, 2011 06:50:31 pm
      Strangely enough he has similar qualities to Messi IMO, very quick feet ,looks for the ball,links play well,and South American too ! the only player we have had with that sort of ability was Beardsley ,you have to remember the ball itself is different ,the boots etc.who knows what Beardo might be like in todays football? Suarez though is a unique talent and he has just started! prem footie takes a long time to get used to for most people ,when Luis says he is up to speed then watch out defenders !!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #40: Mar 08, 2011 08:16:17 pm
      I don't think we've ever had a player like Suarez before, as previously mentioned, Peter Beardsley would come closest with the way he used to turn defenders inside out.
      I can see a lot of comparisons with Messi too.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41: Mar 08, 2011 08:23:02 pm
      Beardsley was a bit light weight in the strength department.You cant say that about Luis he is like a bull.Mark my words when Luis and Carrol get going with Raul supporting them and Stevie and Lucas in behind we will be unstoppable.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #42: Mar 08, 2011 10:09:22 pm
      Aldo describes him having the balance and pace of Kevin Keegan and the way he backs into defenders with his backside as Kenny Dalglish.

It's a player displaying both elements of equalities of the two legends!
      he does use his arse to back into players ,a clever player he is ,harry kewell use to do that aswell and was excellent at holding a ball .
      CtrlX
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #43: Mar 08, 2011 10:12:58 pm
      wonder if there will be chemistry between carroll and luis. does luis have good english languauge skills? 

no but they can have good football skills conversation...universal language
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #44: Mar 08, 2011 10:14:05 pm
      he does use his arse to back into players ,a clever player he is ,harry kewell use to do that aswell and was excellent at holding a ball .
      was also excellent at straining a testacle, cant see luis do that :)
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #45: Mar 08, 2011 10:19:13 pm
      he"s more likely to bite some players nuts off,ouch. :)
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #46: Mar 08, 2011 10:39:04 pm
      hehehe El_Chomper!

hope their Webbs  :o
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #47: Mar 09, 2011 12:47:38 am
      If you are talking about that dribble?

Peter Thompson.

Was our No 11 but could play either wing with Cally.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #48: Mar 09, 2011 01:24:55 am
      sounds boring but i just cant wait to see what this lad can do over the coming seasons. not bothered about comparing to other no.7's tho i understand that people do. just very glad to have him at the club.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #49: Mar 09, 2011 01:48:13 am
      I like Suarez a lot. However, i don't think there is much point comapring him to ex-players. Reason being is that he is his own individual man who posses qualities of a number of different players. For example, skill of Keegan, techinally good like Beardsley, creative like Barnes and great mental attitude like Mascherano. However, in other ways he is completley different from those players.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #50: Mar 09, 2011 01:25:34 pm
      I like Suarez a lot. However, i don't think there is much point comapring him to ex-players. Reason being is that he is his own individual man who posses qualities of a number of different players. For example, skill of Keegan, techinally good like Beardsley, creative like Barnes and great mental attitude like Mascherano. However, in other ways he is completley different from those players.
      You've just described a unique talent mate or a one off, we're all looking for comparitives and no one springs to mind.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #51: Mar 09, 2011 01:28:32 pm
      In all honesty I'm just glad to finally have someone pull on the number 7 again that can do the history of the number justice.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #52: Mar 09, 2011 01:31:17 pm
      If I had to draw comparisons to any former Liverpool player based on the games he's played so far then it would be Peter Beardsley, however I don't think were going to see the best of the lad until next season so I'll reserve my judgment.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #53: Mar 09, 2011 09:54:47 pm
      You've just described a unique talent mate or a one off, we're all looking for comparitives and no one springs to mind.

Yeah, well pointed out mate.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #54: Mar 09, 2011 10:11:11 pm
      the kid reminds me of a wrecking ball
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #55: Mar 09, 2011 10:22:15 pm
      he have the quality to be one of the  greatest players .....but is just early to compare.
      Andrei
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 149 posts |
      • I'll think about something.
      Reply #56: Mar 09, 2011 10:27:24 pm
      Let's pump the brakes. He has been great so far and has all the potential, but to say he's better than Keegan at this point is a stretch. 4 games in the shirt versus over 200. Unless you're talking about his skill, in which case I can't argue since I've only seen highlights of Keegan  :f_whistle:

I definitely agree with this and I would very much like everyone to keep their excitement low, there's still a long way.
      His skills are undoubtful, that's what we all agree on but let's wait on the comparisons.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #57: Mar 09, 2011 11:15:13 pm
      I think it's too early to be making comparisons with players who were established in the team over a few seasons. Good players can become great players if they have a good football brain to go with their tallent. Suarez certainly has this, as did the likes of Keegan, Barnes and Beardsley.I was thinking, mabey he is still on a massive high running on adrenalin being new in the prem, but looking at his performances for Ajax, his effort, commitment and work rate was just as high in his last few games as they were in his early games. What we have here is a one off, massively talented, with a great foot ball brain, and a desire to run his legs off from start to finnish for every single minute he's on the pitch. He will surely become a Liverpool legend and his hunger to win will become infectious to every one he plays with.
      Y_ALI_786
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #58: Mar 11, 2011 08:51:21 pm
      he's one the best players we've had for a long time , lets just hope hes not a 1 season wonder like fernando torres!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #59: Mar 12, 2011 11:14:55 am
      It's so exciting to watch him. Always looking forward more to the league matches now :laugh:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #60: Mar 12, 2011 11:17:19 am
      It's so exciting to watch him. Always looking forward more to the league matches now :laugh:
      He does look as tho he's got more in his box mate than Torres.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,208 posts | 8566 
      Reply #61: Mar 13, 2011 12:00:22 pm
      he's one the best players we've had for a long time , lets just hope hes not a 1 season wonder like fernando torres!

I'd hardly say he was a one season wonder.

But he did look off his game for the past 18 months.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #62: Mar 13, 2011 12:06:36 pm
      I'd hardly say he was a one season wonder.

But he did look off his game for the past 18 months.

More like since the World Cup for me, actually. Felt he was okay last season as he was still celebrating his goals in the Europa League in April!
      el-g-toni
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 468 posts | 49 
      • el-g-toni.blogspot.com
      Reply #63: Mar 13, 2011 07:23:38 pm
      The ability to control the ball is outstanding,really impressive.The future looks bright with K.K.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #64: Mar 13, 2011 09:10:08 pm
      Keep trying to compare him to players of the past and present but think he really is a one off.

Fingers crossed he is going to make use of the number 7 shirt finally.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #65: Mar 13, 2011 10:30:36 pm
      Was reading an article about Torres.
      To do with him mouthing off and trying still to justify to himself what he did was right for him.

It mentioned that he was probably watching Liverpool play and particularly that he couldn't deal with the fact that we have now, in Suarez, a "more than adequate" replacemen for him.

We certainly do.
      Much more than adequate.

Quick Reply