Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Luis Suarez - a one off.

Read 8813 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,007 posts | 3953 
      Re: Luis Suarez - a one off.
      Reply #23: Mar 08, 2011 11:02:51 am
      I didn't say they were based on one performance, he had half an hour against Stoke, the full 90 vs Wigan and West ham and 89mins against the Scum. He hasn't played the minutes equivalent of 4 games yet!

Keep things in perspective here folks, when FSG (NESV) took over, the key phrase throughout all the interviews was: "under-promise and over-deliver" By all means give Suarez all the plaudits he deserves but comparing him to KK after 4 apps? Too much too soon.
      No comparison with Kenny whatsoever in fact I personally would never ever contemplate the premise after 4 games or 40.
      Kenny Dalglish was a one off and defies comparison in the same way that Suarez is shaping up but most importantly as individual footballers they have completely different styles.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #24: Mar 08, 2011 11:28:57 am
      Aldo describes him having the balance and pace of Kevin Keegan and the way he backs into defenders with his backside as Kenny Dalglish.

It's a player displaying both elements of equalities of the two legends!
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #25: Mar 08, 2011 11:55:28 am
      well no two players are alike, so yes, he is a one-off.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #26: Mar 08, 2011 01:38:50 pm
      he comes to work every day you can tell he loves to play. really hard to say how he will pan out as he will get a lot of attention from the thugs in the game. just wonder how durable he is felt torres was very good then the injuries started. then rafa played him when he was injured no player is worth playing if he is injured. after that his work rate started to drop off, followed by moodiness and sulking.luis at the moment is worth 100 million,think it wont be long before real madrid come knocking.   
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,007 posts | 3953 
      Reply #27: Mar 08, 2011 01:55:46 pm
          ^     ^     ^
      Off topic here briefly but when the hell did Rafa play Torres when he was injured? He had an ongoing battle with the Spanish national coach who continually requested his services while the player was recovering from an injury or being nursed by his own team after taking knocks or maybe you are confusing Rafa with the Spanish national coach after all they are both Spanish.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #28: Mar 08, 2011 01:59:14 pm
      Without wishing to get over excited after 3 games I'm confident Suarez is going to score a lot of goals and contribute a lot of assists wherever he plays, so we're lucky to have him here and I think that'll be shown not only with moments like Sunday of pure genius, but also in the stats at the end of each season.

We haven't even seen the best of him yet.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #29: Mar 08, 2011 02:19:05 pm
      He's any angry, technically gifted version of Kuyt. I mean that in a good way. Work rate aligned to ability. Fantastic
      LFCexiled
      Reply #30: Mar 08, 2011 02:20:54 pm
      After watching the send off that Ajax gave him I'd say that they were quite fond of him and thought he was quite special. I think he has the potential to become a one-off and i think that Andy Carroll can help him become a one off. I'm also of the opinion that that can work vice versa for Andy and Luis can help him achieve status as one of the best in the world.

One thing I'm damn sure of is that they have both come to the best club at the best time possible in their careers, the future is bright for those two men and in years to come they'll be sitting in their trophy rooms at home looking at all the photo's, shirts and medals from winning finals, grinning like Cheshire Cats at their Careers at Anfield.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,007 posts | 3953 
      Reply #31: Mar 08, 2011 02:24:28 pm
          ^    ^    ^
      Not sure about the Runcorn cat description mate.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #32: Mar 08, 2011 02:28:18 pm
      He's any angry, technically gifted version of Kuyt. I mean that in a good way. Work rate aligned to ability. Fantastic

Indeed, I agree. Made this comparison before. He's a skillful Kuyt and that is an excellent thing. After all, the only thing stopping Kuyt from being a world beater is a lack of some natural ability, which Suarez has in bags. And he's got a lot of bags.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #33: Mar 08, 2011 02:36:27 pm
          ^    ^    ^
      Not sure about the Runcorn cat description mate.

You saying there's no similarity Stu?

;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,007 posts | 3953 
      Reply #34: Mar 08, 2011 03:04:46 pm
      You saying there's no similarity Stu?

;D
      Hahaha astounding similarity mate.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 4998 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #35: Mar 08, 2011 03:35:34 pm
      Far far to early for comparisons but by god is he exciting?, Beardsley is the closest i suppose to compare with but Luis is Luis and Quasi was Quasi, and what a player he was, how many defences did he unlock or split open over the years, but then again its a different type of game now and styles differ, while Beardsley was the best at that time Suarez could prove to be the best now and into the future, 4 games in and its easy to see why we're all getting excited, his dribble for the first on Sunday was sublime and if he can do things like that then defences up and down the land will be bricking it everytime he receives the ball, especially in the box, do they tackle or leave him to weave his way to goal, a awesome attacking prospect and one i would have try all day long, it's looking Fookin good PPL, we're rising like the phoenix, we have the belief, the confidence, the staff are steadily being put into place, the King will have a more permanent berth very soon, we are virtually debt free and have owners willing to back the transfer fund, its happening PPL this is just the start, and i cant f***in wait, this time next year we will be sat top of the pile, thats my committment, my belief, my question is ....Do you beleive ??
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #36: Mar 08, 2011 04:42:08 pm
      yes watched the videos on you tube before transfer was made complete.you couldnt help to get excited about his skills,  this guy is a workhorse never stops. has real passion for the game, so knew he would exceed expectations. wonder if there will be chemistry between carroll and luis. does luis have good english languauge skills? 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #37: Mar 08, 2011 04:47:31 pm
      Let's just let him fulfill his so obvious potential.

He has blown us away in 3 and a bit games and he says his best is still to come. Let's just let him settle down, welcome him into our city and support him and watch him flourish into one of the world's finest attackers.

I'm not going to compare to others, but what I saw on Sunday, was outstanding. It's been a hell of a long time since one man has lit up Anfield quite like that and that's including a certain Chelsea forward.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #38: Mar 08, 2011 05:38:28 pm
      Luis Suarez tells Liverpool FC fans there's much more to come

Luis Suarez - In the wrong shirt

Luis Suarez has vowed there is even more to come from him after an encouraging start to his time with Liverpool FC.

Despite scoring just once for the Reds - on his debut - the Uruguay striker has impressed with his performances, including a stellar show in Sunday’s 3-1 win over Manchester United in the Barclays Premier League.

But, with Liverpool out of the FA Cup and the player ineligible for the Europa League, his chances to play regularly are presently slim.

He says there is more to come from him, though, once he gets the chance to have a regular run in the team.

"It is very difficult for me to play one week and then have to wait two for the next chance," he said.

"I am playing one game and then there is not another game I can play for a long time, and so it is hard for me to get to the right level physically.

"I think it will take some time before the fans get the best of me.

"It is great for a new player to have the support of the public like I did (against United). It was fantastic."

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/liverpool-fc/2011/03/08/luis-suarez-tells-liverpool-fc-fans-there-s-much-more-to-come-55578-28300034/
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #39: Mar 08, 2011 06:50:31 pm
      Strangely enough he has similar qualities to Messi IMO, very quick feet ,looks for the ball,links play well,and South American too ! the only player we have had with that sort of ability was Beardsley ,you have to remember the ball itself is different ,the boots etc.who knows what Beardo might be like in todays football? Suarez though is a unique talent and he has just started! prem footie takes a long time to get used to for most people ,when Luis says he is up to speed then watch out defenders !!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #40: Mar 08, 2011 08:16:17 pm
      I don't think we've ever had a player like Suarez before, as previously mentioned, Peter Beardsley would come closest with the way he used to turn defenders inside out.
      I can see a lot of comparisons with Messi too.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #41: Mar 08, 2011 08:23:02 pm
      Beardsley was a bit light weight in the strength department.You cant say that about Luis he is like a bull.Mark my words when Luis and Carrol get going with Raul supporting them and Stevie and Lucas in behind we will be unstoppable.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #42: Mar 08, 2011 10:09:22 pm
      Aldo describes him having the balance and pace of Kevin Keegan and the way he backs into defenders with his backside as Kenny Dalglish.

It's a player displaying both elements of equalities of the two legends!
      he does use his arse to back into players ,a clever player he is ,harry kewell use to do that aswell and was excellent at holding a ball .
      CtrlX
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #43: Mar 08, 2011 10:12:58 pm
      wonder if there will be chemistry between carroll and luis. does luis have good english languauge skills? 

no but they can have good football skills conversation...universal language
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #44: Mar 08, 2011 10:14:05 pm
      he does use his arse to back into players ,a clever player he is ,harry kewell use to do that aswell and was excellent at holding a ball .
      was also excellent at straining a testacle, cant see luis do that :)
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #45: Mar 08, 2011 10:19:13 pm
      he"s more likely to bite some players nuts off,ouch. :)

Quick Reply