Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Christain Eriksen (Ajax)

Read 6431 times
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Christain Eriksen (Ajax)
      Mar 09, 2011 05:22:24 pm
      Christian Eriksen has revealed he would reject a move to Liverpool in favour of joining Barcelona.

The 19-year-old last month attempted to cool links with Anfield after assistant manager Sammy Lee monitored him during Denmark's friendly defeat to England by insisting that his immediate future lay with Ajax, despite a host of interest from some of Europe's premier clubs.

Eriksen now admits that only the defending La Liga champions, rather than the Reds, would be the only club tempt him away from the Amsterdam Arena.

"If I got an offer from Liverool right now, I believe I would reject it," he admitted.

"Ajax is a good club for me at the moment and I believe it will be that for a couple of years.

"If I did move, it would have to be to FC Barcelona
      « Last Edit: Mar 10, 2011 02:00:25 am by Reslivo »
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Re: Christain Eriksen(Ajax)
      Reply #1: Mar 09, 2011 05:22:46 pm
      ClickLiverpool is the source.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Mar 09, 2011 05:24:48 pm
      Get yourself to Barcelona then kidda, enjoy the splinters on yer arse and enjoy your career nose dive.
      etherealgrace
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #3: Mar 09, 2011 05:29:41 pm
      I really don't understand that. Fine if he doesn,t want to come to  Liverpool  but why would you rather sit on the bench in Barca?? Seems like he has quite a large ego!
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #4: Mar 09, 2011 05:30:19 pm
      Get yourself to Barcelona then kidda, enjoy the splinters on yer arse and enjoy your career nose dive.
      Exactly, look at all the promising players that have wasted/look like they will waste their carrer there.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #5: Mar 09, 2011 05:30:42 pm
      Not surprising. I honestly think he wouldn't even go to Barcelona right now to sit on their bench. I've seen enough of him to know that he's a smart kid and really wants to play football every week, he knows how important it is for him, and he knows he'll develop well at Ajax for now. Can't blame him. I do hope he'll reconsider however. I can see him staying at Ajax for the next 2 years, maybe by then we're in a better position to tempt him.
      « Last Edit: Mar 09, 2011 05:41:30 pm by Dexter »
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #6: Mar 09, 2011 05:36:44 pm
      I think Eriksen is really smart. He's going to stay at Ajax for a few years, continue to grow and then explore the bigger teams in Europe, including Barca. Everyone must be fooling themselves if they think Eriksen in 2 years, if he continues to grow, would be a mainstay on the Barca bench. He's going to be good enough to get into that side with the midfielders aging.

Like Dex just said, maybe in a few years we could get him to reconsider but he has no reason to right now
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #7: Mar 09, 2011 05:37:15 pm
      I really don't understand that. Fine if he doesn,t want to come to  Liverpool  but why would you rather sit on the bench in Barca?? Seems like he has quite a large ego!
      He actually doesn't have a large ego at all, really down to earth kid. But everybody has a dream club. Shouldn't be surprised a Danish player at Ajax wants to play for Barcelona one day. Although Ajax have dropped in recent years, Barcelona and Ajax share alot of the same philosophies when it comes to youth and technical style of play. Add to that the importance of Cruyff at both clubs. Add to that Michael Laudrup, one of the greatest Danish players ever, also played at Barcelona for the most important part of his career, even under Cruyff at that time.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #8: Mar 09, 2011 05:43:35 pm
      Delusions of grandger to say the least,of you go then son!...
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #9: Mar 09, 2011 05:50:37 pm
      Delusions of grandger to say the least,of you go then son!...
      People are so fast to judge. Imagine you're a 19 year old talent, playing weekly in the championship. You probably wouldn't move to a bigger club yet either knowing you'd likely be benched there, unless maybe your dream club Liverpool would come knocking. He's not saying anything different than that. Besides, it can't be delusions of grandeur if he's actually that good. Very few who know him will say he's not going to be worldclass.
      « Last Edit: Mar 09, 2011 06:01:37 pm by Dexter »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #10: Mar 09, 2011 06:07:36 pm
      Is he off his trolly so the only club he would move to is Barc where he would be beside Afellay on he bench, are some of these players deluded so who is he going to play instead of Messi or Iniesta.

I personally think the lad is deluded lot of potential world class players went to Barc and Real and have disappeared
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #11: Mar 09, 2011 06:11:11 pm
      The only club he'd consider to move to right now is Barcelona, but he expects to stay at Ajax for the next years. He's not saying he's not open to move to other clubs in a few years, which I know he will be.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #12: Mar 09, 2011 06:13:34 pm
      Why is he saying he would move to Barc sure he wouldn't F***ing get on, he needs to play games, he would not fulfill his potential there because he wouldn't play. I think it would be an awful move for him now.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #13: Mar 09, 2011 06:15:29 pm
      Because it's his dream club.

Wouldn't you move to Liverpool if you had that chance? Even if you'd risk being benched. I sure as hell would give it a shot.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #14: Mar 09, 2011 06:16:32 pm
      Beecause it's his dream club.

Wouldn't you move to Liverpool if you had that chance? Even if you'd risk being benched. I sure as hell would give it a shot.

Agreed. I think some people haven't seen Eriksen enough. If he continues to grow, he'll be good enough to be put into the Barca squad in a few seasons.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #15: Mar 09, 2011 06:30:20 pm
      No I'd go to the club I'm must likely to play and fulfill my potential, horse sh*t to say he followed Barc as a child and I'm extremely pissed off he named us why the F**k is he mentioning us if he does want to come to us.

I would never go near him, ever. Let him sign for Barc because if he signed for us he would always be praying for them to come in at some stage. I only want players that want to play for Liverpool
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #16: Mar 09, 2011 06:31:35 pm
      Some people don't seem to realise that this lad could actually play for Barca in a few years, not warm their bench.

I'd love him here, would be a cracking replacement for Gerrard in the attacking midfield role when Gerrard hangs up his boots.

Like Dex said, let him stay at Ajax and we'll work our way back to the CL and towards the top of the league and then we might be a good place for him.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #17: Mar 09, 2011 06:35:03 pm
      I would never go near him, ever. Let him sign for Barc because if he signed for us he would always be praying for them to come in at some stage.

Agreed.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #18: Mar 09, 2011 06:39:42 pm
      He is an amazing prospect. He could cut it at Barca in a few years from now. Xavi to retire, Iniesta and Eriksen sounds a nice partnership to me.

Would not have him at Liverpool after he has directly pointed out he wouldn't want to play for us though.

Players should be asking themselves not what we can offer them, but what they can offer Liverpool.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #19: Mar 09, 2011 06:49:51 pm
      I think it was something very stupid for a 19 year old to say to be honest and if I was his agent I would have advised him better.

Any major club will be thinking about what he said when thinking of signing him will be wondering are they just a stepping stone for Barc.

We are not a feeder club for Barc so don't ever want to see him at Anfield in a Liverpool jersey
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #20: Mar 09, 2011 06:53:43 pm
      Tell that to Suarez too then corbally. Suarez has always been very open about Barcelona being his dream club before moving to us, and he would have if he had the chance. In fact, I'm 100% sure he'd force a move from us as soon as they'd come knocking.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21: Mar 09, 2011 06:53:54 pm
      Certainly not the most clever of interviews. Refreshingly honest though perhaps. He best hope he carries on progressing.
      pedro43
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #22: Mar 09, 2011 06:56:06 pm
      In a couple of years he probably wont be good enough for us anyway
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #23: Mar 09, 2011 07:00:15 pm
      Pretty sure Suarez never said he wouldn't sign for Liverpool the only club he would sign for is Barc, i personally think it is very stupid on his part to be honest.

From all accounts Barc are struggling financially what if in the next couple of years they don't want him or haven't the money to sign him.

Does he say then oh I'll play for Liverpool then. A player saying a club is his dream club is different in saying he wouldn't sign for Liverpool the only club he would sign for is Barc.

I think that statement may come back to bite him over the years.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #24: Mar 09, 2011 07:14:47 pm
      He never said he wouldn't sign for us or wouldn't want to play for us. He only said he believed he'd reject a move to us right now if we made an offer, he prefers staying at Ajax right now. And he never said the only club he would sign for ever is Barcelona, he only said it's the only club that could tempt him right now.

I don't think this will come back to bite him in any way.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #25: Mar 09, 2011 07:17:28 pm
      I do because I wouldn't want him at the club knowing he is probably using it as a stepping stone to Barc and to be honest who knows where Barc will be in 5 years.

Ya they are a great team now but great teams come and go. Only a few years ago we were stronger than them in Europe.

I just think he shouldn't have named Liverpool he could easily just said Barc are his dream club but he worded it all wrong I think
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #26: Mar 09, 2011 07:22:19 pm
      I very much doubt he named Liverpool by himself, a journalist probably asked a response about our interest in him, or something like that.

And I can tell you corbally, when it comes to that I rather have Eriksen than Suarez here. Eriksen is a standup honest kid, honourable, intelligent, loyal. He wouldn't screw us over unless our club screws him. Suarez on the other hand, wouldn't think twice.

And Barcelona have been a top club for over 2 decades now, they still will be in 5 years.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #27: Mar 09, 2011 07:32:30 pm
      At the moment they are the best team on the planet but that won't last, Milan were the best, Real were the best, Juventus were the best even Ajax were the best it all comes to an end and will with Barc as well.

Ya they are a top club but then so are we and all the teams mentioned. They have got an excellant batch of young players similar to Utd and Ajax in the 90's but I don't care ho good your youth system is you don't keep producing players of the standard of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Pedro they are once in a generation.

Ya Barc will always be a top club will they always be the best team on the planet, no.

That is why every player want to play for them at the moment the football they play and the fact they are the top team on the planet at the moment
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #28: Mar 09, 2011 07:54:43 pm
      With you corbally.

Why claim you want to stay at Ajax and develop, but then say you'd only sign for Barca where you'd sit on the bench? He could come to us and develop in the best league in the world at the highest level, but if given a choice, he'd rather sit on the Barca bench.

Silly.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #29: Mar 09, 2011 08:01:42 pm
      I never did say Barca will always be the best did I corbally.

With you corbally.

Why claim you want to stay at Ajax and develop, but then say you'd only sign for Barca where you'd sit on the bench? He could come to us and develop in the best league in the world at the highest level, but if given a choice, he'd rather sit on the Barca bench.

Silly.
      He'd sit on the bench here aswell. Besides, we're hardly well known right now for developing young talent are we. Pacheco is 20 and hasn't even played 10 league games I think.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #30: Mar 09, 2011 08:05:58 pm
      He'd sit on the bench here aswell. Besides, we're hardly well known right now for developing young talent are we. Pacheco is 20 and hasn't even played 10 league games I think.

This all the way. That's why most top youngsters choice to go elsewhere then Liverpool.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Mar 09, 2011 08:08:02 pm
      Do you think Eriksen would play more here, or at Barca? I honestly think he'd start most weeks here. Who does he have to compete with? Maxi. At Barca? Iniesta and Pedro to start with, then Afellay. Massive difference.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #32: Mar 09, 2011 08:15:04 pm
      I think there wouldn't be much of a difference in playing time initially. And Eriksen isn't a winger, he's a classic number 10, bit like Sneijder. And I think at Barcelona he'd be ahead of Afellay when it comes to backup for Iniesta and Xavi in midfield. Afellay is more backup to Pedro and Villa on the wings at the moment. To be honest, I don't think Afellay has a chance of succeeding, he looks so awkward and uncomfortable when he gets the ball, like he's forcing himself to play like them when he just wants to run with the ball. :laugh:

And if Eriksen would get that much playing time on the wing, then why isn't Dani getting any?
      « Last Edit: Mar 09, 2011 08:21:54 pm by Dexter »
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #33: Mar 09, 2011 08:31:16 pm
      I don't think Eriksen is looking to move to Barca soon. I think a minimum next summer, not this.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #34: Mar 09, 2011 08:43:27 pm
      F**k him,Go to Barca and warm the bench with Mash.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #35: Mar 10, 2011 12:28:03 am
      F***ing hell, if I was his age with that talent and Liverpool came calling (and I wasn't a fan of the club) I'd say no to them. I'd go to Arsenal, where even if they ain't as big as us I'd play games and develop. Then I'd move when I was a more complete player and the right club came calling.

Until very recently, we have not given opportunities to youth players so I'd suspect a few good players have turned us down. Until we start using youth to complete our 25 man squad than have players like Jovanovic then I have to say Eriksen's comments are unsurprising.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Christain Eriksen (Ajax)
      Reply #36: Mar 10, 2011 02:03:12 am
      Good for him, he can go join Barca then.

As we're not linked with him this thread will be closed.

Feel free to create a thread in the General Football Forum if you wish to discuss him.

Quick Reply